“I will shew thee my faith by my works.“

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trent Steve

Aug 7, 2018
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace and Faith only: Sorry about the double post. I am not too familiar with this format.

PS: I am not sorry that you are offended by the truth of Yahweh's Word. You may want to follow the advise of the detestable Paul and stay quiet on matters of the Bible especially when you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

Trent Steve

Aug 7, 2018
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trent Steve Post #13...more garbage and totally what the bible says.

I hope @VictoryinJesus asks you to leave her her thread and stop posing such stuff ..and go and start a thread of your own somewhere else. This thread is about Faith by works...not your junk about Paul.
Take it elsewhere.

How on earth can you list yourself as a "christian" and actually believe such error.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Enoch: Show me the verse or verses that Peter supposedly called Paul's letters Scripture.
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. (2 Pet 3:15, 16)
It is a well known fact that Bible Scholars do not think that Peter wrote Second Peter.
Well those *Bible scholars* were wrong (as they frequently are). John Gill is one of the outstanding evangelical commentators on the Bible, and you will find his commentary on several Bible study sites. Here is his REBUTTAL of any talk casting doubt on Second Peter.

INTRODUCTION TO 2 PETER:

Though there was, among the ancients, a doubt concerning the authority of this epistle, which is first mentioned by Origen (a), and afterwards by Eusebius (b) and Jerom (c), yet it prevailed not among the churches, nor hindered the diligent reading and use of it, together with other Scriptures; it appearing to be useful and profitable, as Eusebius declares; and in process of time this doubt was entirely removed, and it was universally received by fathers and councils into the canon of the Scriptures, where it is justly retained, it having plain signatures of its divine original.

Nor is there anything in it unworthy of so great an apostle, whose name it bears; but the whole of it is agreeable to the analogy of faith, to the rest of the sacred writings, particularly to the epistle of Jude, between which, and the second chapter of this, there is a great likeness. The only reason of the doubt of the genuineness of this epistle, and whether it was written by the Apostle Peter, is the difference of its style from the former; but the Holy Ghost, the dictator of the sacred writings, is not limited to a man's natural style, but could vary it as he pleased: besides, a man's style is not the same at different times, and when writing on different subjects; add to which, that this objection can only regard the second chapter, for the first and third agree with the former epistle.

And some have thought that the second chapter is an extract out of some ancient Hebrew book, describing the characters of the old false prophets; which book Peter and Jude having before them, took the characters of the old prophets, and, under divine direction, applied them to the false teachers of the present age; and if so it is not to be wondered at that the style of the epistle should differ from the former, and even from itself in this part. But that it was written by the Apostle Peter, not only the inscription shows, which, if false, would indeed discredit the genuineness of the book, but the account that is given of the writer of it, as one that was with Christ at his transfiguration, 2 Peter 1:16.

Now there were only the three following disciples there, Peter, John, and, James. The last of these had been dead some time when this epistle was written, and it was never ascribed by any to the Apostle John, and therefore it remains that Peter must be the writer of it. As for Simeon, bishop of Jerusalem, that succeeded James, whom Grotius would suggest as the author of it, the character does not agree with him; he was not with Christ on the holy mount, nor heard the voice from heaven, asserting the sonship of Christ, and the divine complacency in him: moreover, this epistle is called a "second epistle", 2 Peter 3:1 and supposes a first, and manifestly refers to the former epistle of Peter's, about which there never was any doubt, as the authors before mentioned observe.

It was written by the apostle in his old age, when upon the decline of life, just as he was about to put off his tabernacle, 2 Peter 1:13 a little before his martyrdom, in the year 68, though Dr. Lightfoot places it in 66; and it is sent to the same persons as his first, namely, to the believing Jews scattered throughout several parts of Asia, he being the minister of the circumcision; see 1 Peter 1:1 compared with 2 Peter 3:1.

The scope and design of it are, to put them upon a concern for a larger increase of grace and spiritual knowledge; to confirm and establish them in the present truth of the Gospel; to warn them against false teachers, which he largely describes; and he puts them in mind of the dissolution of all things, and of what will precede and follow it; from whence he draws several useful hints and inferences.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:28
28 "Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent. "

People would much rather "DO" so they feel righteous...than believe what Jesus says here in those verses...." BE " a Believing Believer!!
<--- For sure!
Legalistic folk spit in the face of our King who's blood is pure, no "mans" blood will ever be pure....do they actually think they can keep the Law of Moses??!! Well, hello!-Jesus FULFILLED the law because MAN NEVER COULD. Anybody who claims Christianity KNOWS that it is the Blood Of Christ, nothing added or mixed to it that has paid our way to God! Gosh...now I am hot under the collar. Lol. As one of my fave teachers likes to say "If you're flirting with Moses, you are cheating on Jesus" ♥

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you have “works” you believe reveal your faith? What are those works?
Sorry if it appears that your thread has been derailed, but the truth is needed when it is needed.

As to your question, everything which Christians do in the name of Christ may be regarded as works of faith. That would cover the whole gamut of things which Christians do, including hospitality and even offering a cup of cold water to one who is thirsty.

Trent Steve

Aug 7, 2018
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By Faith and Grace only: Why, may I ask, do you falsely call yourself a Christian when you blatantly refuse to follow the supposed teachings of Jesus? This is what Jesus supposedly taught:

Matthew 5:17-19 17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven".

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Nancy ...why have you given Trent Steve on post number #23 !!! :D
I know you aren't a Paul hater. xx

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry if it appears that your thread has been derailed, but the truth is needed when it is needed.

As to your question, everything which Christians do in the name of Christ may be regarded as works of faith. That would cover the whole gamut of things which Christians do, including hospitality and even offering a cup of cold water to one who is thirsty.
Amen my brother. Yet men still seek that crown! Can ya just hear all that snap crackle and pop going on? lol...not questioning anyone's salvation here-but certainly works done in one's own name.

Trent Steve

Aug 7, 2018
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<--- For sure!
Legalistic folk spit in the face of our King who's blood is pure, no "mans" blood will ever be pure....do they actually think they can keep the Law of Moses??!! Well, hello!-Jesus FULFILLED the law because MAN NEVER COULD. Anybody who claims Christianity KNOWS that it is the Blood Of Christ, nothing added or mixed to it that has paid our way to God! Gosh...now I am hot under the collar. Lol. As one of my fave teachers likes to say "If you're flirting with Moses, you are cheating on Jesus" ♥

More than silly Nancy: Just because someone says that they followed all of Yahweh's Laws, Torah and Commands never, ever, meant that Yahweh's Laws, Torah and Commands were done away with. My oldest brother was a very good person and followed my parents rules/laws perfectly but that did not mean that the rest of us children did not have to follow my parents rules/laws.children

Nancy: Show your evidence that Yahweh's Laws, Torah and Commands were done away with. You simply cannot do it unless you use the detestable, heathen and pagan false teachings of the murderer, tare Paul.

Nancy: It is more than obvious that your god is Paul and you are a Paulinian.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I most certainly must go back and find that!!!-that is a huge mistake...
I just saw it and all that's posted is a post of yours, lol...mistake on his part? Or did he actually reply there?? IOW-I see no "reply" of his...just your quote...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More than silly Nancy: Just because someone says that they followed all of Yahweh's Laws, Torah and Commands never, ever, meant that Yahweh's Laws, Torah and Commands were done away with. My oldest brother was a very good person and followed my parents rules/laws perfectly but that did not mean that the rest of us children did not have to follow my parents rules/laws.children

Nancy: Show your evidence that Yahweh's Laws, Torah and Commands were done away with. You simply cannot do it unless you use the detestable, heathen and pagan false teachings of the murderer, tare Paul.

Nancy: It is more than obvious that your god is Paul and you are a Paulinian.
You are no Christian, sir.

Reactions: Helen and LC627

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does it not seem as though this these forums have been attacked/divisive... in the last week or so? Or is it just me? "I do know that our God is not "a feeling" But-I sure know how I feel when red flags fly.

Reactions: Helen

Trent Steve

Aug 7, 2018
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Enoch: Absolutely no works of Paul's false teachings of faith and grace will gain anyone entrance into Yahweh's Rest/Paradise/Heaven! Only the truly Righteous will enter into Yahweh's Rest/Paradise/Heaven and to be considered Righteous by Yahweh we must follow Yahweh's Laws, Torah and Commands. I am not sorry that I am repeating myself because that is the Truth of the matter.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch: Absolutely no works of Paul's false teachings of faith and grace will gain anyone entrance into Yahweh's Rest/Paradise/Heaven! Only the truly Righteous will enter into Yahweh's Rest/Paradise/Heaven and to be considered Righteous by Yahweh we must follow Yahweh's Laws, Torah and Commands. I am not sorry that I am repeating myself because that is the Truth of the matter.

So, not all of Scripture is inspired by God then to you? Or do you just follow the O.T.? If you follow Christ then you're under the New Covenant of grace, if you want to remain under the old system then you better get your lamb ready for a sacrifice and not trust in the blood of Christ.

I would say welcome to the forum but I have a feeling you won't be here long.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does it not seem as though this these forums have been attacked/divisive... in the last week or so? Or is it just me? "I do know that our God is not "a feeling" But-I sure know how I feel when red flags fly.

Oh I agree...May the Lord send us some true , tried , solid, committed Believers. I am starting to pray to that end. ✟

Reactions: Nancy

Trent Steve

Aug 7, 2018
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are no Christian, sir.

Silly Nancy: It is indeed sad that you are so totally and completely confused about the teachings of the Hebrew Bible. You have fallen in love with the more than strange teachings of Paul! You need to ask Yahweh for forgiveness of your heathen and pagan beliefs and immediately start following Yahweh's Laws, Torah and Commands. You need to crawl out of the dark cloud of total confusion that you are presently in. Time is of the essence.

Nancy: It is very sad that you are so afraid of the Truth of the Bible.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I agree...May the Lord send us some true , tried , solid, committed Believers. I am starting to pray to that end. ✟
You and me both sister! Seems we are losing some good folk too, yet the obviously NON Christians stick around...but then...JD did not last long.