“I will shew thee my faith by my works.“

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Silly Nancy: It is indeed sad that you are so totally and completely confused about the teachings of the Hebrew Bible. You have fallen in love with the more than strange teachings of Paul! You need to ask Yahweh for forgiveness of your heathen and pagan beliefs and immediately start following Yahweh's Laws, Torah and Commands. You need to crawl out of the dark cloud of total confusion that you are presently in. Time is of the essence.

Nancy: It is very sad that you are so afraid of the Truth of the Bible.

Go and crawl under some rock...I am going to report you for derailing this thread.
If you want to discuss "The Hebrew Bible" then start your own new thread. Which is the polite and gentlemanly thing to do. Or are you not a polite man?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:28
28 "Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent. "

People would much rather "DO" so they feel righteous...than believe what Jesus says here in those verses...." BE " a Believing Believer!!

Agree. It is that one bold statement of James of “I will show you my faith by my works.” Strange thing is mankind can feel passionately about something one day and have faith in it, the next we move on to something else. How can we be sure the faith is real and has taken root? James seemed to have no problem with showing his faith. But then Richard said James is the the Jews only.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Silly Nancy: It is indeed sad that you are so totally and completely confused about the teachings of the Hebrew Bible. You have fallen in love with the more than strange teachings of Paul! You need to ask Yahweh for forgiveness of your heathen and pagan beliefs and immediately start following Yahweh's Laws, Torah and Commands. You need to crawl out of the dark cloud of total confusion that you are presently in. Time is of the essence.

Nancy: It is very sad that you are so afraid of the Truth of the Bible.

@Nancy LOL are you reading this?! Trent, what is the deal man, you are the one sounding CONFUSED not Nancy.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Trent Steve

Aug 7, 2018
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, not all of Scripture is inspired by God then to you? Or do you just follow the O.T.? If you follow Christ then you're under the New Covenant of grace, if you want to remain under the old system then you better get your lamb ready for a sacrifice and not trust in the blood of Christ.

I would say welcome to the forum but I have a feeling you won't be here long.

LC: It is my guess that if you would take the time to actually read the Bible you may be able to understand it.

The New Covenant has not started yet as is explained in Ezekiel 34,37; Jeremiah 30 and Hosea 3.

Sacrifices stopped in 70 AD after the Gentile Romans plundered and destroyed Yahweh's Holy Temple. The good news is that non animal sacrifices will start again during the coming New Covenant. Read the chapters I posted above so you may be able to understand this more than important Truth.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John 6:28
28 "Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent. "

People would much rather "DO" so they feel righteous...than believe what Jesus says here in those verses...." BE " a Believing Believer!!
What do think Jesus meant by saying what he said in the above quoted text?

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LC: It is my guess that if you would take the time to actually read the Bible you may be able to understand it.

The New Covenant has not started yet as is explained in Ezekiel 34,37; Jeremiah 30 and Hosea 3.

Sacrifices stopped in 70 AD after the Gentile Romans plundered and destroyed Yahweh's Holy Temple. The good news is that non animal sacrifices will start again during the coming New Covenant. Read the chapters I posted above so you may be able to understand this more than important Truth.

After the death of Jesus the curtain in the Temple was torn in two, so yes, we are under the New Covenant.
If you want to start a thread on the Hebrew Bible like @"ByGrace" mentioned then that would be good, but for now I'm moving on from this thread. Hope you have a good night.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Awesome post LC!
@LC627
"So, not all of Scripture is inspired by God then to you? Or do you just follow the O.T.? If you follow Christ then you're under the New Covenant of grace, if you want to remain under the old system then you better get your lamb ready for a sacrifice and not trust in the blood of Christ.

I would say welcome to the forum but I have a feeling you won't be here long."

Reactions: LC627

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have “works” you believe reveal your faith? What are those works? How have your demonstrated faith in the Son of God? How can others see your faith? Is it mere words that you have put your faith in the Son of God?
Great OP!

For me, I try to focus really hard on showing people Christ-like love. I try to be respectful, kind, and loving, even when we disagree. I try really hard to be there for my friends-- including the friend I have just met. Answer honestly, be true to my word.

Now of course a key word here is "try"-- I fall short frequently. But I do try and let Christ super-power me.

Reactions: Mayflower

Trent Steve

Aug 7, 2018
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After the death of Jesus the curtain in the Temple was torn in two, so yes, we are under the New Covenant.
If you want to start a thread on the Hebrew Bible like @"ByGrace" mentioned then that would be good, but for now I'm moving on from this thread. Hope you have a good night.

LC: It is obvious that you have wholly beguiled/seduced by the evil one.

I hope your night goes well too! Please read your Holy Hebrew Bible.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have “works” you believe reveal your faith? What are those works? How have your demonstrated faith in the Son of God? How can others see your faith? Is it mere words that you have put your faith in the Son of God?

First off, my works mean nothing as far as salvation goes. For I am a sinner saved by grace. But if anything, I would hope people see my love for God and others. With love comes many other fruits and works...

"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:4‭-‬7‭, ‬13 NASB

I am definitely not patient. Lol.And seek my own way too much. But I rejoice in my Savior and when I see God in others. I sing a song of praise to God, because He is my salvation. I put my trust in Him.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree. It is that one bold statement of James of “I will show you my faith by my works.” Strange thing is mankind can feel passionately about something one day and have faith in it, the next we move on to something else. How can we be sure the faith is real and has taken root? James seemed to have no problem with showing his faith. But then Richard said James is the the Jews only.

I think by test and trial we see if faith has taken root or not. I love the Book of Job, because Job lost so much, but proved faithful in the end without sin. Now that is faith.

The faithful heroes in the Bible...like David and Joseph...in trials they prayed and trusted in God. That is showing faith by works.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch: Show me the verse or verses that Peter supposedly called Paul's letters Scripture. It is a well known fact that Bible Scholars do not think that Peter wrote Second Peter. Actually, no Israelite wrote any of the New Testimony. It was the heathen and pagan Gentile Romans that wrote all of the New Testimony after they murdered the Israelites in Jerusalem and after they plundered and destroyed Yahweh's Holy Temple in or around 70AD. Those heathen and pagan Gentile Romans were determined to come up with their own god and that is what they did.

There are not three gods in one as the New Testimony teaches There is only one True God and that is Yahweh. Yahweh was and is the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and their descendants if and only if those descendants follow/observe Yahweh's Laws, Torah and Commands. Gentiles can be considered the same as Israelites if, and this is a huge if, they will follow Yahweh's Laws, Torah and Commands. There are absolutely no shortcuts.

What about all the above ++++++ the Testimony of Yeshua [Jesus] as written in the epistle's of John!
I think that you are very confused, because you believe that because the RCC Canonized what we have today called the King James Version of the Bible, that they endorsed Paul a fake!

Reactions: Nancy

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true faith will always be a obedient faith.

Faith will always bear Fruits of Righteousness. How do others see our faith in Christ? I believe one way is the Fruits of the Spirit found in Galatians 5. Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.

"Our works do not generate righteousness, rather our righteousness in Christ generates works" Luther

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true faith will always be a obedient faith.

Faith will always bear Fruits of Righteousness. How do others see our faith in Christ? I believe one way is the Fruits of the Spirit found in Galatians 5. Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.

"Our works do not generate righteousness, rather our righteousness in Christ generates works" Luther

I love that quote. I may steal it. Lol. :p

Works without Christ are just done in vain for man's approval. I think it is easy to tell when someone is working in Christ. Christ's love just shines from them.