02.29.20 Writing Prompts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 29, 2020
Lee, MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello. I am not totally sure if there are any rules in this section, but I would like to write with others stories and explore Christianity in a deeper way through story form. Here is my request list. I'm obviously only one person, so I can't play all of these at once. But would love to hear from people who would be interested in writing. I call it RPG, but have decided we can co-author or play 1x1 meaning each controls one character. I just would like to write and find other friends. :)

Greetings! I was thinking that I should like to RPG with someone based on one of the following scenarios:

#1) Left Behind: Nominal individuals who aren't really saved get a wake up call when the Rapture occurs. Because I don't want to get into OSAS, we'll say they are incredibly self deceived people who maybe find out at a church service (or wherever we decide) they don't actually know Christ as Savior when the Rapture hits.

#2) Millennial Reign: A young man and woman meet during the Millennial Reign of Christ. She is in a Glorified state (taking romance out of the picture) and he is in his natural body, having been born during the millennial reign from believers that came out of the Tribulation period. For whatever reason (with any backstory we choose), she cares a lot for him (again, no romance obviously) and only wishes him the best. But he is stubborn and does not want to repent and believe ... until he has a REAL encounter with the risen Jesus Christ. :)
[For this one, I imagine we can take hints from the gospels and Revelation on how Jesus might act or what He might do during this time period.]

#3) Miraculous Healing: A young man is a STAUNCH Christian who does not really believe in miracles. He gives lip service to the miracles of the Bible, but doesn't actually believe people can be healed, tongues, the whole nine yards. (NOTE: Myself, Peter, is someone like this. But, I like exploring other angles, so hope this might interest someone.)

This young man suddenly comes face to face with a MIRACLE; a cancer diagnosis that is suddenly healed. (Could be himself or someone close to him.) He is forced to reconsider his previous position, especially when during this MIRACLE encounter, he hears Jesus say, "Why are you kicking against the pricks!"

#4) Group Request: Revival: In honor of the story also that began on here but did not finish, I am happy to also be a part of a story about teenagers or adults or students in a Christian college setting who find a deeper walk with the Lord through revival. Whether it would be going to church, going out for encounters with God on weekend hiking trips, etc. Needs about 3 - 4 people.

#5) Mennonite Woman: A young Christian man or woman believes his/her way and his/her denomination is the only way. No one else is as good as them or their beliefs.

Suddenly, the person's car breaks down in the middle of the backwoods in a remote area of Pennsylvania where the Mennonites live. A Mennonite woman out of compassion helps the person, except there are strange happenings. There is no broken down car and the person finds themselves suddenly strangely lost. The Mennonite and crew are equally as puzzled by the person's experiences. She invites the person to guest stables, but doesn't know what to do next. (Slightly more challenging RP, it would require research and knowledge into Mennonite ways. But we could research it and learn together.)

#6) Maybe short: Roman Centurion: A Roman Centurion is playing dice, casting lots for the robes of Jesus Christ. A single drop of blood fall from Christ's crown of thorns onto the Centurion. He thinks nothing of it at first, but as time goes on ... he realizes ... he can't seem to get that blood off his hands ... until He decides to apply that blood to his heart ...

#7) 1x1 request: Be My Sister: A lost young man in the mountains of Canada (again, need to research but I imagine like Heartlands) is running away from his past that haunts him. He knows almost nothing about himself and his heritage; he doesn't know his parents, only his adopted parents. A young lady who works on a ranch (and she can be married, so no romance in this) takes him in to train him how to take care of horses. His room starts in the loft of a barn, but soon changes to a guest room somewhere else.

One day, he has an emotional talk with her. He says "be my sister, I've never had one."

At first (depending on how you might want to play her character), she says 'yes', but is at a loss at what to do for him. He appears to be more needy and clingy then anything and his request for a sister, though well intentioned, seem a little "off" somehow.

Soon the Lord reveals to her that his request, though not a bad one, is misplaced. He is looking for her to replace emptiness in his own soul. She decides that she can be a sister, a sister in Christ. She has to get him off of an unhealthy obsession of sibling friendship and into a relationship with Jesus Christ. He seemingly refuses ... what will she do? Give in to his need for a best friend knowing it is not healthy for him in the end but will make him happy in the moment? Or will she lovingly lead him to the Lord thus setting his heart free from vain obsessions and possibly jeopardizing the relationship?

#8) Your request: Whatever you would like to play, I would like to hear.

I am at the point where I need some daily story writing and would love to participate in whatever someone might be interested in. Thanks for reading. :) - Peter James