1 Corinthians 2 is so abused

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ authority today lies in his word. The HS leads and resides through his word. You can’t do things contrary to the word he has given us and claim you are being led by the HS.
And that is exactly what happened to the Pharisees!!
They derailed because they nit-picked the word of God to death, to the point of splintering splinters.
Yes! The Spirit of God is in the Word of God, but also He Himself, His Being, wants to live within us!!
That is/was "The Promise" that Israel of faith was looking for. Jesus Himself is that Promise!!
Please go see Simeon in Luke 2:25-32
Do you not comprehend the parable of the wise and foolish virgins??
Both had "lamps" (the words of God- Psalm 119:105), but the Wise had that and PLUS!! They HAD HIM, who was "the Word made flesh".

Now go back to Pentecost (Acts), and LEARN what it is that you are lacking!!

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In order for us to be saved today we are to obey the gospel of Jesus Christ. That gospel message had a beginning on Pentecost in acts 2. You don’t believe me then let’s read a part of the great commission Jesus gave his disciples. First in Mk 16 he told them to go preach the gospel to everyone and he that believes and is baptized shall be saved. You didn’t do that.
In Lk 24 we see this..
Luke 24:46-47 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
So this gospel message we are to obey had a beginning. That beginning was in Jerusalem on Pentecost. And nowhere was anybody ever told to ask God for forgiveness. Everybody was saved the same way, hearing, belief, repentance, and water baptism. But for some reason you get to do it how ever you want. You want to be accepted by God? Acts 10:35 says you need to fear him and work righteousness. You don’t get to decide what is righteousness. All Gods commands are righteousness PS 119:172. And no where did he ever talk or give an example of someone being saved all by themself. This is your man made doctrine and experience. Just because you have a feeling doesn’t prove anything. Salvation isn’t based off of feelings.
You’ve been leading people astray since 1975
Do try to learn this:
The Gospel (Good News) of God the Father, is the Person of Jesus Christ/God the Son, who is The Word made flesh. John 1.
Jesus Himself is the Gospel.

When one believes in Him, they HAVE OBEYED "THE" Gospel of God!!

Reactions: Nancy

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the OT there’s a story in 1 kings 13 about a prophet who was given instructions by God. On his way he ran into a man who said he too was a prophet from God and that God had told him he could come and eat with him. Now the current prophet didn’t question the old prophet at all. He didn’t ask for proof or verification. He didn’t seek out Gods counsel he just took this mans word for it and went with him. You probably know what happens. The current prophet was approached and told that since he had disobeyed he wouldn’t make it home. He wasn’t eaten by a lion along the road. The lesson of the story is that you are going to have to prove and verify THROUGH THE WORD everything you say and practice. I will not just take your word for it. You can say you got the Spirit, but that don’t mean nuthin.
1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
"It don't mean nuthin"??
Ha! Lol!!
I've quoted it many times, but you can't hear His Voice!
Let's try again, if per-adventure God shall counsel you:
Rom. 8[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Does that scripture mean "nuthin" to you?
I surely do hope not!!
Please notice the words hi-lited in orange. It's the color of
FIRE!!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
This is just semantics
as you think, so are you, yes
Ok. Since there are no qualifications for being an ambassador for marijuana
its just gonna keep going on like this, huh; you make a bad assumption, I ask a pertinent question to clarify your bad question a little, it becomes revealed and you move on to the next distraction. Wadr i'm the one with autism, ok, and my power is running low to boot. How do you know that there are no qualifications for being a pot ambassador?

They don't tolerate hypocrites like Christians do, see. How do you know i am not in Christ? Not that i ever claimed to be, did i?

You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about here at pot, either, no offense meant. I have ten years in the biz and i'm still learning, and still giving ppl their lives back every day.

Have a nice day ok, and the last word here if you like

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evidently you don't read the KJV Bible!

1 Cor. 2[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

[15] But he that is spiritual [born again of the Holy Spirit] judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
[16] For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Yeah, that's the one... place in the KJV that uses humanist slogans instead of just translating the Greek word for 'physical' directly.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, that's the one... place in the KJV that uses humanist slogans instead of just translating the Greek word for 'physical' directly.
I think it is interpreted rather nicely. We all are self evident of being physical, but as to who is "born of the Spirit" as opposed to being "physical", is not readily seen. Therefore, by the description of " the natural man", one can know who is a "New Creature" , and who is not!

Reactions: Pearl

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I think it is interpreted rather nicely. We all are self evident of being physical, but as to who is "born of the Spirit" as opposed to being "physical", is not readily seen. Therefore, by the description of " the natural man", one can know who is a "New Creature" , and who is not!
ok don't be surprised when that lands on its head too ok, just sayin. I could pretty easily demo how most of those "self-evidents" are really not really even here i think

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I agree with what you say.

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok don't be surprised when that lands on its head too ok, just sayin. I could pretty easily demo how most of those "self-evidents" are really not really even here i think
I think that you don't know what to think! Try digesting again.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I think that you don't know what to think! Try digesting again.
Well, i understand i guess, natural man assumes an unregenerated adult who has found the world, right, but a little child is even more "natural," at least from a certain perspective, don't you think? Not saying i have any Scriptural evidence for this one, ok, but then i haven't examined those Scriptures since i regained...my sovereignty either. Strictly suspicions at this point

But it would not surprise me if we could find some poorly xlated vv on the matter, that maybe don't even make much sense literally, or i mean similar to absent from the body, that ppl misinterpret (on purpose, near as i can tell) "to their destruction?"

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is exactly what happened to the Pharisees!!
They derailed because they nit-picked the word of God to death, to the point of splintering splinters.
No this isn’t what happened to the Pharisees. The Bible tells us what happened to them.
Matthew 15:8-9 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
I let the Bible tell me what their problem was and what I learn is that you are just like these Pharisees. You too honour God with your mouth but in vain you worship teaching for doctrine the commandments of men. Like billy Graham and Charles Stanley.

Yes! The Spirit of God is in the Word of God, but also He Himself, His Being, wants to live within us!!
That is/was "The Promise" that Israel of faith was looking for. Jesus Himself is that Promise!!
Please go see Simeon in Luke 2:25-32
Do you not comprehend the parable of the wise and foolish virgins??
Both had "lamps" (the words of God- Psalm 119:105), but the Wise had that and PLUS!! They HAD HIM, who was "the Word made flesh".

Now go back to Pentecost (Acts), and LEARN what it is that you are lacking!!
The wise virgins teaches us the importance of preparation and always being ready. It has nothing to do with having or not having the word of God.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not
Do try to learn this:
The Gospel (Good News) of God the Father, is the Person of Jesus Christ/God the Son, who is The Word made flesh. John 1.
Jesus Himself is the Gospel.

When one believes in Him, they HAVE OBEYED "THE" Gospel of God!!
that is not true. We see those in Jn 12 who believed in him but they would not confess because they feared of losing their position. They were not accepted by God. You cannot just “believe” with no action whatsoever and say you are obeying the gospel. Jesus said...he that believeth(the gospel) and is baptized will be saved. I believe God not you. You can teach man made doctrine all you want. It will lead people straight to destruction.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says the spirit of God dwells in you. Yes. But it does not say how. You insert the how as if you have the answer. The answer comes from God not from you.
Ephesians 5:18-19 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
This is a command to be “filled with the spirit”. How do we do it?

Let’s see a parallel passage..
Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
We do it by letting the WORD dwell in us.

It’s the same as the blood. In Rev 1:5 we are told the blood of Christ washes our sins away but it does not say when that happens. We have to find that from somewhere else. 90% of Christianity says the blood washes away our sins at the point of belief but even though the Bible teaches differently, Christendom does not care.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as you think, so are you, yes
its just gonna keep going on like this, huh; you make a bad assumption, I ask a pertinent question to clarify your bad question a little, it becomes revealed and you move on to the next distraction. Wadr i'm the one with autism, ok, and my power is running low to boot. How do you know that there are no qualifications for being a pot ambassador?

They don't tolerate hypocrites like Christians do, see. How do you know i am not in Christ? Not that i ever claimed to be, did i?

You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about here at pot, either, no offense meant. I have ten years in the biz and i'm still learning, and still giving ppl their lives back every day.

Have a nice day ok, and the last word here if you like
How do I know there are no qualifications for being a pot ambassador???? Hahahaha. Please show me the standard that decides those qualifications. That would be great to see. If you don’t understand that the Bible is the standard for determining who is and is not an OFFICIAL spokes person for Christ then you need to move on.
I know you are not “in Christ” because I know you have not done what the standard...”the Bible” says one must do to be “in Christ”. You are just one of those that likes to argue for the sake of arguing to try and prove some point that “truth” doesn’t exist.
I never moved on to any other distraction. You are just making that up cause you like to argue. someone with 23000+ post does this ONLY cause they like to argue.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No this isn’t what happened to the Pharisees. The Bible tells us what happened to them.
Matthew 15:8-9 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
I let the Bible tell me what their problem was and what I learn is that you are just like these Pharisees. You too honour God with your mouth but in vain you worship teaching for doctrine the commandments of men. Like billy Graham and Charles Stanley.

The wise virgins teaches us the importance of preparation and always being ready. It has nothing to do with having or not having the word of God.
Without the Person of the Holy Spirit of God living within you, you will continue in "your own thoughts and ways", as did the Pharisees, fulfilling Mat. 15:8-9 in your own self.

Listen to this:
By having the Person of the Holy Spirit within us,
WE ARE MADE TO BE READY, without any Pharisaical efforts done by our ownselves!!
It's called: being "sealed (saved, preserved) unto the the day of Redemption". Eph. 4:30.
And for that, you sound totally clueless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without the Person of the Holy Spirit of God living within you, you will continue in "your own thoughts and ways", as did the Pharisees, fulfilling Mat. 15:8-9 in your own self.

Listen to this:
By having the Person of the Holy Spirit within us,
WE ARE MADE TO BE READY, without any Pharisaical efforts done by our ownselves!!
It's called: being "sealed (saved, preserved) unto the the day of Redemption". Eph. 4:30.
And for that, you sound totally clueless!
The word “sealed” does not mean “saved” You added that. I can show you that in Ephesians but it won’t matter.
You can say the HS lives in you but when you do and teach things contrary to the HS given word we know he is not in you.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The thing about using "we" like that is that "we" can all see that no one is standing behind you, bro. I wish you the best in your walk ok. In your stand, not so much, wadr

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How do I know there are no qualifications for being a pot ambassador???? Hahahaha. Please show me the standard that decides those qualifications. That would be great to see. If you don’t understand that the Bible is the standard for determining who is and is not an OFFICIAL spokes person for Christ then you need to move on.
I know you are not “in Christ” because I know you have not done what the standard...”the Bible” says one must do to be “in Christ”. You are just one of those that likes to argue for the sake of arguing to try and prove some point that “truth” doesn’t exist.
I never moved on to any other distraction. You are just making that up cause you like to argue. someone with 23000+ post does this ONLY cause they like to argue.
from your perspective i guess that is true, ya. What is currently true will shortly be false though, or so the cliche` goes anyway.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How do I know there are no qualifications for being a pot ambassador???? Hahahaha. Please show me the standard that decides those qualifications
The point there was to arrive at a more mutual understanding of "ambassador" there, wadr. But i would be completely ok with the dictionary definition there, the one that does not involve Gov or the UN, too; that's really all i'm trying to get to ok.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word “sealed” does not mean “saved” You added that. I can show you that in Ephesians but it won’t matter.
You can say the HS lives in you but when you do and teach things contrary to the HS given word we know he is not in you.
KJV Eph. 4:30
Word: sealed: sfragizw

Pronounce: sfrag-id'-zo

Strongs Number: G4972

Orig: from 4973; to stamp (with a signet or private mark) for security or preservation (literally or figuratively).1) to set a seal upon, mark with a seal, to seal 1a) for security: from Satan.