1 Corinthians 2 is so abused

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is 100% a false teaching. I can't even begin to understand how anyone can put forth such ignorance of His Word. Jesus commanded the disciples to go out and preach the gospel and raise up other disciples teaching what He taught them. We are all disciples of Christ.
:eek:
Why is this 100% false.? Just because you say so? We know you haven’t received the power of the HG as the apostles did, because you can’t demonstrate anything.
If you believe Joyce Meyer can preach and be “a pastor”, then what scripture do you base this off of? Yes, all disciples including women are to teach all nations but within the roles we (men and women) have been given. Men and women within the kingdom do not have the same roles. This is plain teaching of scripture.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is this 100% false.? Just because you say so? We know you haven’t received the power of the HG as the apostles did, because you can demonstrate anything.
If you believe Joyce Meyer can preach and be “a pastor”, then what scripture do you base this off of? Yes, all disciples including women are to teach all nations but within the roles we (men and women) have been given. Men and women within the kingdom do not have the same roles. This is plain teaching of scripture.
Get back on the main topic...you said Jesus sent the Holy Spirit/Comforter to the Apostles only...how can you make such a claim as this... when we must be born again of the Holy Spirit to be saved. The Holy Spirit is given to everyone.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Get back on the main topic...you said Jesus sent the Holy Spirit/Comforter to the Apostles only...how can you make such a claim as this... when we must be born again of the Holy Spirit to be saved. The Holy Spirit is given to everyone.
...and He also indwells all truly born again Christians also, Romans 8.9.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The statement was made in the context of Jn 13-16 which is the last supper when Jesus took the Passover with the 12 apostles. During this feast he made statements like this....
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
He promised this directly to the apostles. This promise was not made directly to you. Has Jesus spoken directly to you like he did the apostles? Do you now have miraculous memory of those words?
In acts 1 Jesus, talking with the eleven, promised them power when they received the HG. This was not a promise made to you. You did not have to wait in Jerusalem. You have not received “power” either.
Keep things within context. When you don’t you will be led astray.
Also , the Bible does not say we are born again of (just) the HS. It actually says one needs to be born of WATER and the SPIRIT. This actually is a totally different discussion.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The statement was made in the context of Jn 13-16 which is the last supper when Jesus took the Passover with the 12 apostles. During this feast he made statements like this....
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
He promised this directly to the apostles. This promise was not made directly to you. Has Jesus spoken directly to you like he did the apostles? Do you now have miraculous memory of those words?
In acts 1 Jesus, talking with the eleven, promised them power when they received the HG. This was not a promise made to you. You did not have to wait in Jerusalem. You have not received “power” either.
Keep things within context. When you don’t you will be led astray.
Also , the Bible does not say we are born again of (just) the HS. It actually says one needs to be born of WATER and the SPIRIT. This actually is a totally different discussion.
I don't get this...

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That the Spirit is not for us to have the Apostolic faith illuminated to us, supposedly.
I said the promise of the comforter in Jn 13-16 was spoken and promised directly to the apostles. They would have power given to them, literal miraculous power given them by the HS. They personally and miraculously would be led into all truth. You and I are not. BUT, when we read what they wrote we too can receive the Spirit and be guided into all truth. Does that help?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I said the promise of the comforter in Jn 13-16 was spoken and promised directly to the apostles. They would have power given to them, literal miraculous power given them by the HS. They personally and miraculously would be led into all truth. You and I are not. BUT, when we read what they wrote we too can receive the Spirit and be guided into all truth. Does that help?
They were given the truth and we have the faith 'once delivered to the saints' (Jude). The indwelling Spirit of God bears witness that we are the sons of God (Romans 8).

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As per John 3. The Lord Jesus also said: "By their fruits ye shall know them".
Ohhh....
Even though someone raises holy hands, “accepts Jesus”, says some prayer of forgiveness for salvation; they are not really saved at that point until you can witness whether they live a good life or not?
So, actually you’ll never really know if someone is saved then will you? Because one day they may have a year long affair with a choir girl and THEN you will notice the fruit that says they weren’t ever truly born again.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ohhh....
Even though someone raises holy hands, “accepts Jesus”, says some prayer of forgiveness for salvation; they are not really saved at that point until you can witness whether they live a good life or not?
So, actually you’ll never really know if someone is saved then will you? Because one day they may have a year long affair with a choir girl and THEN you will notice the fruit that says they weren’t ever truly born again.
I simply quoted words from the Lord Jesus and you seem to repudiate them. Sir, I don't think this conversation is proving to be profitable.

I don't follow your scenario, either, that you seem to read into my simple Scripture quote.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were given the truth and we have the faith 'once delivered to the saints' (Jude). The indwelling Spirit of God bears witness that we are the sons of God (Romans 8).
So, do you agree that we aren’t promised the same things as the apostles at the last supper? We do have “the faith”. It is given to us in written form. Not through the direct operation of the HS. How does the Spirit bear witness? When our lives are in concert with the word the Spirit has given us we will know.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I simply quoted words from the Lord Jesus and you seem to repudiate them. Sir, I don't think this conversation is proving to be profitable.

I don't follow your scenario, either, that you seem to read into my simple Scripture quote.
I get the same thing every time.
I ask a question. People respond with some obscure passage and no explanation. I now have to infer what you meant. When I try, you and the numerous others do the same thing....you attack my attempt to infer and make it personal.
You are the one that posted... “by their fruits ye shall know them”. You give no explanation of what that means and now you seem to be irritated.
I am simply asking....do you have to witness someone’s life before you can know they are a child of God?
The ironic thing in all this is...I get pounded from every side when I teach the necessity of baptism for salvation by using Mk 16:16. One of the clearest passages in all of scripture but NOBODY takes it to mean what it says. But when I challenge others obscure, less direct passages Like Jn 1:12,13, I get labeled as difficult and someone who doesn’t understand truth. Nice.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oh, I just meant that whether it was the corner of a crowded room in a hurry, or a prison cell in shackles, God did His part to see him through.
ok, ty
And women being silent in church is only about females for that time, but the reason it is now scripture is not.
ty for playing

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is 100% a false teaching. I can't even begin to understand how anyone can put forth such ignorance of His Word. Jesus commanded the disciples to go out and preach the gospel and raise up other disciples teaching what He taught them. We are all disciples of Christ.
:eek:
This is true. What happened at Pentecost was not a closed meeting of Jesus and the 12, but open to as many as followed Him. It was also a foreshadowing and a mere example of the greater fulfillment of making disciples of all nations.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true. What happened at Pentecost was not a closed meeting of Jesus and the 12, but open to as many as followed Him. It was also a foreshadowing and a mere example of the greater fulfillment of making disciples of all nations.
No. But what happened on the mount of olives in acts 1 and what happened at the last supper in Jn 13-16 was a closed meeting of Jesus and the apostles. This is when these promises of power of the HS were made.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. But what happened on the mount of olives in acts 1 and what happened at the last supper in Jn 13-16 was a closed meeting of Jesus and the apostles. This is when these promises of power of the HS were made.
Except that it doesn't stop there. Not only was it to be taken also to every nation, Peter even declared that it was even available to those who crucified Christ, should they repent.