1 Corinthians 2 is so abused

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why does it have to be quoted? A small amount of intelligence and common sense will lead one to understand there is NOT ONE PERSON on the face of this earth like the apostle Paul. He could heal, raise the dead, the Bible specifically said he was a chosen vessel to carry Christ message. His letters were considered “scripture” by another chosen apostle. Not one person today or in the last 2000 yeRs can compare. You know that. Everybody else does too. Only those who are blind so they cannot see would ask these types of questions.
Ah, i meant to get back to you on those other ones, you had snipped multiple concepts but it was prolly obvious which you weren't getting my bad references for, sorry there. I'm on an iPad, and they are tough for me to find, if you reply even a period to them i can try again if you like?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why does it have to be quoted? A small amount of intelligence and common sense will lead one to understand there is NOT ONE PERSON on the face of this earth like the apostle Paul. He could heal, raise the dead, the Bible specifically said he was a chosen vessel to carry Christ message. His letters were considered “scripture” by another chosen apostle. Not one person today or in the last 2000 yeRs can compare. You know that. Everybody else does too. Only those who are blind so they cannot see would ask these types of questions.
As for this, it def does not have to be Quoted, i just thought you maybe considered yourself a literalist where Scripture was concerned, and bam (my acronym for "by all/any means, btw) go with that if you prefer ok, you might very well be spot on, bc i do not know. Have a good day ok. Don't Quote it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When it happens, it's truly a work of God, isn't it?

"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6.29)
Farouk you know there are five diff ways to say "believe, belief" in Scripture, and only one way to say "faith, have faith?" Does it bug you at all that virtually all of the instances of pisteuo in your um "Word" have been rendered "believe?"

rhetorical Q of course, i don't expect a reply ok

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the gift of the HS? The text does not tell us. You are assuming something that is not there.
You are also assuming that “the promise” in vs 39 is connected to vs 38. “The promise”, when you study further given to all “nations” was that of Abraham that through his SEED all the nations of the earth would be blessed and we know that was fulfilled in Christ. So, yes, “the promise” of salvation through Christ, was for All those described in vs 39, if they obeyed the gospel.
Clueless!
Rom. 8:9 describes how one shall remain to be lost in eternal death. Go study it and ask God to give you HIS understanding of His OWN words!
Isa. 55:8-9

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clueless!
Rom. 8:9 describes how one shall remain to be lost in eternal death. Go study it and ask God to give you HIS understanding of His OWN words!
Isa. 55:8-9
You are just full of assumptions today aren’t you. Rom 8:9 tells us you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, IF IF IF the Spirit of God dwells in you. There is no where in this passage that tells us HOW that happens. You are just assuming something the text does not say, just like you did in acts 2.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yes, nice, only "flood" and "rainbow" aren't well defined, even if "coat" is pretty obvious....so, Amnon ("Faithful") rapes Tamar, "Palm Tree/free exchange" which might easily be spiritual free exchange also, and now i could present a whole diff scenario i guess, wherein we "Christians" practically speaking cannot even really talk about Life, more abundantly anymore imo, see, Bc Tamar has been "raped" so to speak, by "Faithful," and her coat ruined or destroyed or whatever
So, we are inured to a "common" (homo) market, and lobby for higher wages, see, not realizing how futile this is--ten is not enough, you want fiteen? No prob, bread just goes from two to three-fitty, see. Unlike the "free" market--or in our lexicon the "black" market--wherein the price does not go up, as even ol' Wooden Will realized, oh no too late, in 1913. But he got paid though, don't doubt that, sold us into slavery and so now we "rape Tamar"--homo rape too, don't kid yourself, Tamar does not get off ok, and now we wonder gee why are our kids into zombies lol.

Now just do the math: your parents were prolly born about then, and you are 2nd gen here for the most part, or 3rd, me an' young Willy Wonka down there with the Rising Tide that didn't Lift All the Boats after all, 92 degree water on the shore, red tide and blue algae huh Willie, but where is the white? Ha and you all know what comes after Third right, even Common (ho...well, you know) Core math can't hide that one i guess. Huh.

So keep using dem dollas, jus' like daddy did, ok with me, brothers, make Tamar your convenient ho as looong as you want
The natural man and the spiritual man? Paul is contrasting those who follow after the enticing words of mans wisdom, wisdom of men, wisdom of the world. (Natural man)These are all phrases used by Paul.
To the man who follows after the direction of the Spirit.
It’s as simple as that.
So i dunno if it's flipped in Scripture anywhere, but wadr i'm pretty sure it has now ok, "spiritual" men all gots their names in ALL CAPS on their "birth certificate," and Natural Mans...don't use, they just don't use at all i mean, maybe midwives, max. Feel me?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I had hoped you would not take that post this way, I was simply standing on your side of the issue
There can be strength in numbers :)
"Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?
And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken." Ecc 4:11-12

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is good to a point, but does not include "all truth" via the Holy Spirit promised as by Christ. The common argument to this is that "all truth" was limited to and given only to the apostles, and that it is "all" now written in the bible. Except that what is written in the New Testament does not give answers to "all truth."

Thus, the "all is written in the Bible" explanation is grossly in error. What is missing, is not an explanation of how to attain "all truth" through what is written...but rather, how to attain "all truth" through the means described in the written word via the Holy Spirit alone. This transition and explanation began when Jesus Himself (the Word) departed from the written word to say, "My words are spirit", followed by His promise - not to send more written words - but to send "another" [Helper] other than the written word.

This transition is literally what was to occur when Jesus said, "follow Me." In other words, He was not saying, "Follow me as a man follows a man, but follow Me as I go to our Father in heaven, whom "is spirit."

But like Israel wanting to return to Egypt rather than entering the promised land, for the most part men have not followed Jesus in the way He went, but have returned to the Egypt of the written word and the former things of religious men. And this they did, even after being counseled by Paul to "leave behind the elementary principles of Christ."

Why was Paul's conversion experience unique? Re: Faith, Repentance, Baptism...etc.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He didn't exactly bypass them, he pressed on, realizing that others had laid the foundation that he must build upon...the old men, and the new.
I think he imagined the entire event. There is evidence that he does not consider others higher than himself or treat others the same as he would wish others to treat him.

Philippians 2
3 Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility
count others more significant than yourselves.
(With all the obvious exceptions...women...and other nasty sex sinners)

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
He didn't exactly bypass them, he pressed on, realizing that others had laid the foundation that he must build upon...the old men, and the new.
Even said as much I think? But we still have the view here that these Books were all written in vacuums i guess right, "Paul was likely writing that in a crowded corner of some noisy room, in a hurry" said by Dr Theo yesterday, maybe here dunno. As if

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I think he imagined the entire event.

There is evidence that he does not consider others higher than himself or treat others the same as he would wish others to treat him.
Philippians 2
well as you think, so are you i guess but the part after, the second sentence, can you break that out into two sentences or something? Bc the two concepts seem to be contradictory to me anyway, maybe I'm misunderstanding you there ty

And @ "with all the obvious exceptions" would you mind Quoting one example, ty. Can't think of any

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he imagined the entire event. There is evidence that he does not consider others higher than himself or treat others the same as he would wish others to treat him.

Philippians 2
No, there is no contradiction. You are not fully factoring in God.

What nasty sex sinners...you mean him calling sin sin? There is nothing wrong in that.

And women...are you kidding, that's ridiculous. Have you not considered Lydia, among others? And women being silent in church is only about females for that time, but the reason it is now scripture is not. But rather, it is about the bride of Christ.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even said as much I think? But we still have the view here that these Books were all written in vacuums i guess right, "Paul was likely writing that in a crowded corner of some noisy room, in a hurry" said by Dr Theo yesterday, maybe here dunno. As if
Perhaps, but he also sang hymns during earth quakes.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well maybe, but wadr i'm not seeing how that responds to my post, what is the connection? ty. and yes i know where to "read" that already
Oh, I just meant that whether it was the corner of a crowded room in a hurry, or a prison cell in shackles, God did His part to see him through.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. John 13-16 is the last supper with his 12 disciples. He promised them the HS and then on Pentecost the HS was given to them. They had the power to lay hands on people to impart spiritual gifts. So other disciples in the first century had certain gifts given to them by the apostles.

In 1 Jn 4 we see this....
1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

How are we, today, supposed to try the Spirits? You don’t have miraculous understanding and confirming power. The only way is to compare what people preach and practice to what the Spirit given word says. I use Joyce Meyer as an example. The HS tells us she should not be preaching and usurping authority over the man in her assembly. But she does. So I know that what she is doing is not from the Spirit even though I saw her say that God put it on her heart to go preach. If she is right then God is the author of confusion.
This is 100% a false teaching. I can't even begin to understand how anyone can put forth such ignorance of His Word. Jesus commanded the disciples to go out and preach the gospel and raise up other disciples teaching what He taught them. We are all disciples of Christ.
:eek:

Reactions: Helen and ScottA