1 Corinthians 2 is so abused

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, there is no contradiction. You are not fully factoring in God.
What nasty sex sinners...you mean him calling sin sin? There is nothing wrong in that.

No sinner is qualified to evaluate the sins of other people.
I know it is encouraged in those same letters not intended
to be scripture, but it's just a plain fact. Check it out:

Just try and judge this one:

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

That sin slipped through your pointy fingers.
Try judging these:

1 Samuel 16
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.

Are we Christians claiming God vision now?

Luke 16:15
So He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves before men,
but God knows your hearts. For what is prized among men is detestable before God.

John 8:15
You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one.

That seals it. Identifying sin in others is wrong-headed. Put pointy fingers away.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes. John 13-16 is the last supper with his 12 disciples. He promised them the HS and then on Pentecost the HS was given to them. They had the power to lay hands on people to impart spiritual gifts. So other disciples in the first century had certain gifts given to them by the apostles.

In 1 Jn 4 we see this....
1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

How are we, today, supposed to try the Spirits? You don’t have miraculous understanding and confirming power. The only way is to compare what people preach and practice to what the Spirit given word says. I use Joyce Meyer as an example. The HS tells us she should not be preaching and usurping authority over the man in her assembly. But she does. So I know that what she is doing is not from the Spirit even though I saw her say that God put it on her heart to go preach. If she is right then God is the author of confusion.

Twaddle and gobbledegook

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sinner is qualified to evaluate the sins of other people.
I know it is encouraged in those same letters not intended
to be scripture, but it's just a plain fact. Check it out:

Just try and judge this one:

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

That sin slipped through your pointy fingers.
Try judging these:

1 Samuel 16
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.

Are we Christians claiming God vision now?

Luke 16:15
So He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves before men,
but God knows your hearts. For what is prized among men is detestable before God.

John 8:15
You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one.

That seals it. Identifying sin in others is wrong-headed. Put pointy fingers away.
You have some catching up to do...

Much of what is written (including those things you quoted) were given to those who were of the flesh. But we, if we are in Christ and He in us, are not of the flesh and do not sin according to the scriptures, but are of the Spirit in whom there is no sin.

1 Corinthians 6:2
"Do you not know that the saints will judge the world?"

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have some catching up to do...Much of what is written (including those things you quoted) were given to those who were of the flesh. But we, if we are in Christ and He in us, are not of the flesh and do not sin according to the scriptures, but are of the Spirit in whom there is no sin.
1 Corinthians 6:2
"Do you not know that the saints will judge the world?"

Ya?...None of that has anything to do with that.

As you can read, "our sins are not counted against us" is not limited to the fleshy types.

The passages is not even talking about sin......but about internal disputes between believers
and it is saying that it's dumb to take insignificant disputes between believers to the secular
law, when such tiny matters should be easily enough settled inside the brotherhood.

It is in no way connected to an imagined sinless lifestyle that the saints currently enjoy.
Yes....we are sinless....because our sins are not counted against us.
It has zero to do with our halo and white gown. It's about Jesus forgiving us for our trespasses
against God. Which is granted on request only.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Rom 4
7“Blessed are those whose lawless acts are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him.”

Psalm 32
Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered!

Psalm 32
Blessed is the man whose sin the LORD does not count against him, in whose spirit there is no deceit.

2 Corinthians 5:19
that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ,
not counting men's trespasses against them.
And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The HS tells us she should not be preaching and usurping authority over the man in her assembly. But she does. So I know that what she is doing is not from the Spirit even though I saw her say that God put it on her heart to go preach. If she is right then God is the author of confusion.

Treat others the same as you would wish to be treated (Except women, of course)

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Treat others the same as you would wish to be treated (Except women, of course)
What does that mean? Are you implying I dont treat women fairly?
The Bible plainly says...
1 Timothy 2:11-14 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
I doubt very seriously you would say to Paul what you said to me.
A lot of you like the Bible until you get to certain passages. Then you don’t.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya?...None of that has anything to do with that.

As you can read, "our sins are not counted against us" is not limited to the fleshy types.

The passages is not even talking about sin......but about internal disputes between believers
and it is saying that it's dumb to take insignificant disputes between believers to the secular
law, when such tiny matters should be easily enough settled inside the brotherhood.

It is in no way connected to an imagined sinless lifestyle that the saints currently enjoy.
Yes....we are sinless....because our sins are not counted against us.
It has zero to do with our halo and white gown. It's about Jesus forgiving us for our trespasses
against God. Which is granted on request only.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Rom 4
7“Blessed are those whose lawless acts are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
8 Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him.”

Psalm 32
Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered!

Psalm 32
Blessed is the man whose sin the LORD does not count against him, in whose spirit there is no deceit.

2 Corinthians 5:19
that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ,
not counting men's trespasses against them.
And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation.
Ironic. Sounds like you just wanted to argue.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace