1 Corinthians 2 is so abused

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your point?
You posted a passage showing the HS miraculously falling on a group of people and you added no explanation. So, I responded with the obvious....the HS has never done this to you so what are you trying to say?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read Acts 10
44 While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word. 45 And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles. 46 For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God. Then Peter declared, 47 “Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days.
I believe my statement was in the context of John 13-16. Everybody has been posting those passages and claiming they are a promise for us today when they are not. As for acts 10 we see this promise through Joel stated by Peter on Pentecost when through Joel he sad the the Spirit would be poured out on ALL FLESH. there is only two kinds of flesh. Jew and gentile. HS was poured out on Jew in acts 2 and on gentile in acts 10. So, thus it has been fulfilled.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know if someone has the Spirit of Christ. It is only through what they say and do. If these things match up with the words of Christ then you can know. I’ll prove it. Give me an example of what some big preacher teaches and I will tell you whether or not they have the Spirit.
I'm no big preacher, or a big teacher, if you don't mind, may we ask you a question, "the Son of Man, JESUS, was he born of the virgin Mary Yes or No?.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Nancy

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words of the Holy Spirit, through Paul condemns YOUR words!

KJV-Rom. 8:[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ [the Holy Spirit] he is none of his.
This passage doesn’t condemn what I said. Deal with this..
Do you know how many people claim to have the personal indwelling of the Spirit but they are in a church, like the Methodist, that the HS never even one time mentioned. The Methodist church is no where in the word the HS gave us and these people think the HS guided them into that church. It is ridiculous. The HS never one time mentioned a denomination, actually the HS condemns the act of denominating. Read 1 Cor 1:1-15.
The HS never told anybody to say a sinners prayer for salvation but preacher after preacher who tell you they have the indwelling of the HS, instruct you to do that to be born again. To be saved. It is all ridiculous.

Show me the Methodist church in the Bible. Show me any denomination in the Bible. Show me the sinners prayer. These did not come from the Spirit of Christ.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saying,
What you don't know of, that was written for all future generations, but you are now attempting to deny out your ignorance.
Acts 3[38] Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2
[39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
What is the gift of the Holy Ghost?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm no big preacher, or a big teacher, if you don't mind, may we ask you a question, "the Son of Man, JESUS, was he born of the virgin Mary Yes or No?.

PICJAG.
Absolutely he was.
Ask as many as you like.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely he was.
Ask as many as you like.
we Hope the Holy Spirit didn't tell you that (which we know he didn't) because the Son of man was not "BORN". the son of God was "BORN", but not the son of man. if you like study this and then get back to us... ok. if not we will reveal it to you. but study it first.

PICJAG.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know if someone has the Spirit of Christ. It is only through what they say and do. If these things match up with the words of Christ then you can know. I’ll prove it. Give me an example of what some big preacher teaches and I will tell you whether or not they have the Spirit.

Simple, you know them by their fruits. I don't listen to "big preachers".

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, what you're saying is so far off... from the actual written Scripture (like I showed), that what you're saying is truly pathetic. What you've been wrongly taught is a doctrine of devils, designed to stifle The Holy Spirit from working in you. All you have is belief on Christ but without power to do His work.

Rom 14:17
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
KJV

That joy, you do not have, if you believe those in Christ do not receive The Holy Spirit. You cut it off to yourself by your disbelief.

1 Cor 6:19-20
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
KJV

1 Cor 12:3
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
KJV

1 Cor 12:4-11
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
KJV

Amen bro.
2 Timothy 3:5- "having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people."

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know......after reading the crackpot theories on this board for over ten years now, I am starting to see the wisdom of the Catholic Churches’ attempts to protect the integrity of the scriptures!

I think I have seen every classic heresy typed loud and clear on this board.....give people a little bit of knowledge and they head full speed right over the cliff.

The apostles were the only people Jesus promised to sent the Holy Spirit to.......oh the humanity!

Horse pucky!

And

Get off my lawn!

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know......after reading the crackpot theories on this board for over ten years now, I am starting to see the wisdom of the Catholic Churches’ attempts to protect the integrity of the scriptures!

I think I have seen every classic heresy typed loud and clear on this board.....give people a little bit of knowledge and they head full speed right over the cliff.

They apostles were the only people Jesus promised to sent the Holy Spirit to.......oh the humanity!
oh-the-humanity-gif-1.gif

Reactions: aspen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They apostles were the only people Jesus promised to sent the Holy Spirit to.......oh the humanity!
we beg to differ, the apostle even stated that the Promise of the Holy Spirit was for .... Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call". he's still calling.

maybe it's because God chose the base thing to call .... 1 Corinthians 1:26 "For ye see your calling (CALLING? see Acts 2:39 above) brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, [are called]:
1 Corinthians 1:27 "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1 Corinthians 1:28 "And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, [yea], and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1 Corinthians 1:29 "That no flesh should glory in his presence.
1 Corinthians 1:30 "But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1 Corinthians 1:31 "That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord".

PICJAG.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:27

A verse most often quoted to justify a multitude of cow pies

Paul was specifically talking about the people within the Corinthian church! God has chosen to gather and organize the socially unacceptable - the freaks and geeks - not the pretentious Greeks. He was not preaching anti-intellectualism or justifying stupidity!

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we Hope the Holy Spirit didn't tell you that (which we know he didn't) because the Son of man was not "BORN". the son of God was "BORN", but not the son of man. if you like study this and then get back to us... ok. if not we will reveal it to you. but study it first.

PICJAG.
You said...son of man, Jesus. Yes Jesus whatever you want to call him was born of a virgin. Also, are you trying to say the son of man is not divine? That’s ridiculous. One passage should do it..
Mark 2:10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
If the son of man is not Jesus, born of a virgin, then what is he doing forgiving sins?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple, you know them by their fruits. I don't listen to "big preachers".
What is fruit? Is it just loving your neighbor, giving to charity, or being a kind and moral person. Is it just going to a church service on sundays? There are many, many people who do all that I listed above and they are not Christians because they have never obeyed the gospel. So, when you look for fruit what do you look for?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is fruit? Is it just loving your neighbor, giving to charity, or being a kind and moral person. Is it just going to a church service on sundays? There are many, many people who do all that I listed above and they are not Christians because they have never obeyed the gospel. So, when you look for fruit what do you look for?

You mean like loving God and neighbor?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG.
jesus was a man you know. You are probably one of those that says everybody is born in sin but when I mention Jesus you’ll say....no,no, he only had father genes and received nothing from the mother which we know is ridiculous.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean like loving God and neighbor?
How do you know someone loves God? They go to church service on Sunday? They pray? They beat their chest and point to sky every time they score a touchdown? They spend time on Christian forum? How is it.