1 Corinthians 2 is so abused

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said...son of man, Jesus. Yes Jesus whatever you want to call him was born of a virgin. Also, are you trying to say the son of man is not divine? That’s ridiculous. One passage should do it..
Mark 2:10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
If the son of man is not Jesus, born of a virgin, then what is he doing forgiving sins?
did we say that son of man was not devine?, no, you asked that, (smile). so where is the scripture to show that the Son of Man was Born? this is what we asked.. you scripture please.

now your next error,
jesus was a man you know. You are probably one of those that says everybody is born in sin but when I mention Jesus you’ll say....no,no, he only had father genes and received nothing from the mother which we know is ridiculous.
FYI JESUS is the Father diversified in flesh. so that want fly....... (smile).

we just asked you a simple question, no need to go off on a tangent, just produce the scripture that states the Son of man was BORN?

will be looking for your answer.

PICJAG.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know someone loves God? They go to church service on Sunday? They pray? They beat their chest and point to sky every time they score a touchdown? They spend time on Christian forum? How is it.

Do I need to know if someone loves God?

I know I love God because I spend time listening and talking with Him and I see Him in the people I serve.

Reactions: Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:27

A verse most often quoted to justify a multitude of cow pies

Paul was specifically talking about the people within the Corinthian church! God has chosen to gather and organize the socially unacceptable - the freaks and geeks - not the pretentious Greeks. He was not preaching anti-intellectualism or justifying stupidity!
1 Timothy 1:15 "This [is] a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief".

an there are many types of sinners, the intellectual sinner, the stupid sinner, the freak out sinner, and espicially the pretentious Greeks
which include the same types of Jews who are sinners.

PICJAG.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did we say that son of man was not devine?, no, you asked that, (smile). so where is the scripture to show that the Son of Man was Born? this is what we asked.. you scripture please.

now your next error,

FYI JESUS is the Father diversified in flesh. so that want fly....... (smile).

we just asked you a simple question, no need to go off on a tangent, just produce the scripture that states the Son of man was BORN?

will be looking for your answer.

PICJAG.
If he came out of a womb? What is that? Why did Jesus tell Nicodemus he must be “born again”? What did Nic say?
Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
This is how the Bible defines born within this context. Coming from the womb. You asked was Jesus born (came from the womb of) a virgin. And I said yes. What kind of game are you playing. This is why people hate religion. Nobody can ever be straight and consistent.
In Jn 18 jesus himself said he was born, so quit playing games. If you have an alternative meaning then spell it out. This is so rich. You people want everything literal. (Except for the word born)
You read 1000 years in rev 20 and develop an entire doctrine that says Jesus (who was never born) is coming back to rule for a literal 1000 years which is false and hound me over the meaning of being “born”? Really. Can you be any more inconsistent?

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I need to know if someone loves God?

I know I love God because I spend time listening and talking with Him and I see Him in the people I serve.
Within the context of our discussion yes you do. I asked Nancy how she knows if someone has the Spirit and she said...you’ll know them by their fruits. Then I made a list of good deeds to see if that was considered fruit and you responded with loving God as if that was fruit so yes if you are going to insert yourself in this discussion you need to tell me how you know someone loves God. If I just say it is that enough for you because I can show in Gods word it is NOT enough for him.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is fruit? Is it just loving your neighbor, giving to charity, or being a kind and moral person. Is it just going to a church service on sundays? There are many, many people who do all that I listed above and they are not Christians because they have never obeyed the gospel. So, when you look for fruit what do you look for?

Ah, yer too easy. And I think you are being intellectually dishonest here about "what is fruit?"
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”(Galatians 5:22-23)

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, yer too easy. And I think you are being intellectually dishonest here about "what is fruit?"
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”(Galatians 5:22-23)
You see the first point is love right? What does it mean to love God? Yes this should be very easy.
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

The word faithfulness will do you in. Faithful to what? To the word of God. Paul is right. If you keep Gods commands , are faithful , and exhibit these other qualities then you are full of good fruit. Then yes someone can look at you and say...I know her by her fruit. First of all she keeps the commands of God and is faithful (means she is consistent in doing so) then she is kind, patient, peaceful, etc.
the entire point is....if you do not obey the gospel is does not matter how “good a person” you truly are. Jesus said no man cometh unto the father but by me. Not by living a “good and peaceful life”

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see the first point is love right? What does it mean to love God? Yes this should be very easy.
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

The word faithfulness will do you in. Faithful to what? To the word of God. Paul is right. If you keep Gods commands , are faithful , and exhibit these other qualities then you are full of good fruit. Then yes someone can look at you and say...I know her by her fruit. First of all she keeps the commands of God and is faithful (means she is consistent in doing so) then she is kind, patient, peaceful, etc.
the entire point is....if you do not obey the gospel is does not matter how “good a person” you truly are. Jesus said no man cometh unto the father but by me. Not by living a “good and peaceful life”

You only asked "what is fruit". (Which, by the way kind of reminded me of another biblical quote :eek:)
Faithful means, faithful! If you say you will be somewhere to help someone in need and then do not show up, I would say you were not a very faithful person. Faith in God seems a whole other subject! All of these fruits ARE living the Gospel and following His commands so, what exactly is it you are trying to get across here?

Reactions: Taken

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You only asked "what is fruit". (Which, by the way kind of reminded me of another biblical quote :eek:)
Faithful means, faithful! If you say you will be somewhere to help someone in need and then do not show up, I would say you were not a very faithful person. Faith in God seems a whole other subject! All of these fruits ARE living the Gospel and following His commands so, what exactly is it you are trying to get across here?
I spelled it out in my post go back and read. I said the entire point is...

So, if I am faithful to my promises to my fellow man does that make me a Christian, someone who loves God? This is part of the entire point.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you or did you not say the following in post 55?
“No I do not Believe READING Scriptures, is that which GIVES man Gods Understanding.
I believe thee Lord God Himself Gives CERTAIN men His Understanding OF HIS own Word.”
- what you just said is that you DO NOT get understanding from reading scripture it comes DIRECTLY from God.

This is what direct operation apart from the word means.

I have never heard such a phrase, and find it strange you are defining something you don't believe.

I said nothing about "apart from the Word".

You get your understanding directly from God. We all know you don’t.

Apparently God knows and Jesus knows.

Ex 31
[1] And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
[2] See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah:
[3] And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge,

Luke 24
[45] Then opened he their understanding that they might understand the scriptures,

Matt 16
17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

You can claim all you want but can’t prove anything.

I CLAIM to believe Scripture.

If you are content getting your understanding of Gods Word from ink or that which is flesh and blood, that is your choice....
Just as it is my choice to trust thee Lord God gives me His Understanding.

Those in the first century that had this ability could prove it.

God sent Jesus in the last days (Heb 1:2) to open a Faithful MANS Understanding.

I’ve been right all along and this makes you guys mad.

No, the Lord God is Right.
And No, you do not have the power to "make" me mad.

Have a blessed day,
Taken

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never heard such a phrase, and find it strange you are defining something you don't believe.

I said nothing about "apart from the Word".
I don’t believe? What does that mean? Of course I believe what I have said to you.
When a person says they get understanding from God and not from reading his word, what is that? They are getting their understanding direct from God, apart or separate from the word. Everybody knows the “word of God” refers to the Bible. THERE IS NO OTHER WORD OF GOD.
I just asked someone...what about Romans 8 makes them believe They cannot lose their salvation. The reply I got was... Romans 8. That’s it!!! Romans 8. Is your response and theirs the amount of intellectual thought I can expect on this board? Is that it? You don’t know what separate or apart from the word means and they can’t even answer a simple question. Is this it? Who cares about the rest of this post. I could not even get past this point.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe? What does that mean? Of course I believe what I have said to you.
When a person says they get understanding from God and not from reading his word, what is that? They are getting their understanding direct from God, apart or separate from the word. Everybody knows the “word of God” refers to the Bible. THERE IS NO OTHER WORD OF GOD.
I just asked someone...what about Romans 8 makes them believe They cannot lose their salvation. The reply I got was... Romans 8. That’s it!!! Romans 8. Is your response and theirs the amount of intellectual thought I can expect on this board? Is that it? You don’t know what separate or apart from the word means and they can’t even answer a simple question. Is this it? Who cares about the rest of this post. I could not even get past this point.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CoreIssue
You seem to be the king of not answering anything. What is with post 132

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it's a Calvinist.
Let’s see how much quakin you’ve been doing. This is one of your post..
Salvation is by faith, no work involved.

You cannot lose it, when in doubt read Romans 8. That puts things back into perspective

Is this not perseverance of the saints. The P in TULIP. You seem to believe in once saved always saved. That is Calvinism.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe he is Calvinist Core, he just thinks the Holy Spirit doesn't live inside believers today.
Nancy you are right.
T...I don’t believe we are born in sin.
U...I don’t believe in unconditional election
L...I don’t believe only the few elected will be saved
I....I don’t believe that the “elect” cannot resist
P....I do not believe in OSAS.

I do believe the HS lives in believers but only representatively through his word. When you allow his word to be the guide for your life.