1 Peter 3:18

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not all flesh will be saved.

If that's the case I should throw out my Bible and follow you.

1 Timothy 4:10 esv
For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes the expression "all men" means "all kind of men" (1 Tim. 2:4; 4:10), and not necessarily all of them in the absolute and universal sense.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is evident that not all men will be saved:

Rev. 20:15 Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire.

Not all human beings will survive the great tribulation, because obviously the people who hate God's truth and justice will be removed from the earth so that others can live forever in peace and happiness under God's kingdom.

Psal. 37:10 Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true, of course. In the end, what happens to the earth?
Off topic.

This topic: If many people will be destroyed, many people won't be saved.

Titus 2:11 For the undeserved kindness of God has been manifested, bringing salvation to all sorts of people.

SO: everyone has the chance, and who will take advantage of it?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you understand the point of the thread?

The Bible teaches that there is not salvation for wicked persons:

Gal. 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, 20 idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

PS: if you want to talk about the future of the planet and where will be the Kingdom of God, open a thread about it and I will gladly participate in that topic as long as I see fit.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that's the case I should throw out my Bible and follow you.

1 Timothy 4:10 esv
For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.
If you throw your Bible away YOU will NEVER learn that all flesh will NOT be saved.

I may not have a full grasp with the Scriptures so does everyone else, for we know in part and we prophesy in part. 1 Corinthians 13:9.

Believe me when I say that you can trust me and I will never steer you wrong, for this is what the Father has commanded me. Matthew 28:19-20.

Listen to this, common sense tells us that if God saves all flesh, NO ONE shall stand for judgment and go to hell, but Scripture assures us that hell will heavily be populated. In fact, the Bible tells us that only 1/3 of the earth's entire population will be with God and the 2/3 to everlasting death.

So, who do you want to follow, me (who has the truth), others (with wishy-washy Gospels), or yourself?

To God Be The Glory

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you throw your Bible away YOU will NEVER learn that all flesh will NOT be saved.

I may not have a full grasp with the Scriptures so does everyone else, for we know in part and we prophesy in part. 1 Corinthians 13:9.

Believe me when I say that you can trust me and I will never steer you wrong, for this is what the Father has commanded me. Matthew 28:19-20.

Listen to this, common sense tells us that if God saves all flesh, NO ONE shall stand for judgment and go to hell, but Scripture assures us that hell will heavily be populated. In fact, the Bible tells us that only 1/3 of the earth's entire population will be with God and the 2/3 to everlasting death.

So, who do you want to follow, me (who has the truth), others (with wishy-washy Gospels), or yourself?

To God Be The Glory
So as not to continue to hijack this thread :) can you join me here?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole purpose of Jesus sacrificing His human life was to provide an opportunity for all mankind to be restored to the perfection that Adam lost.
His purpose for self-sacrifice was to complete and rescind or make obsolete the Law of God given to Moses for us, for those that will truly be saved in faith. The Law does not save one from a sinful nature and sin. Christ by his death and resurrection replaced the Law with his Spirit and of his Father into our hearts as the grace of God.

And Adam was not perfect at all as compared to the 2nd Adam - the perfect sinless expression and mind of his Father. Adam never possessed the Spirit of his Father within his spirit as Christ had and does, and later with his power.

Reactions: Jim B

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His purpose for self-sacrifice was to complete and rescind or make obsolete the Law of God given to Moses for us, for those that will truly be saved in faith
I didn't know Jesus came to complete and rescind or make obsolete "The Law and the Prophets?" In fact, it was the opposite!!!

Luke 16:16-17 reads:

16 The law and the prophets [were] until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

To God Be The Glory

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit”​

For Christ suffered once…”
When Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River, He was begotten to a new spirit life with the Holy Spirit. The next 3 1/2 years, until He was crucified, were spent daily sacrificing His will and human life to do only God’s will. Jesus faithfully obeyed and glorified His Father through His obedience unto death. Thus Jesus received a divine resurrection to immortality, honor, and glory. Revelation 5:12 (RSV), “saying with a loud voice, ‘Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!’”

Christ sacrificed His human life and died one time on the cross. As Paul explained in Hebrews 9:24-26 (NKJV) 24 “For Christ has not entered the holy places (the Tabernacle) made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25 not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another– 26 He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.”

Romans 6:10 (NKJV), “For the death that He died, He died to sin (as the ransom and sin offering) once for all (all time)”. There is never a need for future masses or sacrifices. That would make Jesus’ sacrifice insufficient to cover our sins. But His sacrifice is all sufficient. 1 John 2:2 (RSV), “and he is the expiation (atoning sacrifice) for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.”
1 Peter 3:18, “…the just for the unjust…”

The just is the perfect man Jesus Christ. Jesus died for the unjust (sinful) Adam. Romans 3:10, 23-24 (RSV), 10 “as it is written: ‘None is righteous (just), no, not one; … 23 since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 they are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus”.

1 Peter 3:18, “… that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit”.
The whole purpose of Jesus sacrificing His human life was to provide an opportunity for all mankind to be restored to the perfection that Adam lost. Acts 3:20-21 (NKJV), “whom heaven must receive (or retain) until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.”
Jesus had no need to be begotten in the spirit as He was Emmanuel- God i n the flesh.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know Jesus came to complete and rescind or make obsolete "The Law and the Prophets?" In fact, it was the opposite!!!

Luke 16:16-17 reads:

16 The law and the prophets [were] until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

To God Be The Glory
You are missing the understanding of the scripture you present here. Try again...I will explain it if you want...

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless I have misunderstood your post, please!
Ok then.....

Maybe you did not realize that you created a mixed message in your post. Your words suggest one thing and the scripture you presented speaks to something quite different. So what is the true message you are sending?

I will assume that your post says that Law of Moses and the use of the Prophets under the Old Covenant are still in force today. And they operate the same way...and that is completely untrue.

Now the actual Law(s) of Moses does not change although the way we approach and use it today is very different as a believer. God still uses the Law he first laid out to Moses as his perfect standard to reveal how evil and abominable we are in his sight. Unbelievers are really under its first and primitive form today, not believers.

When I say that Law has been replaced or has become or made obsolete I speak to a careful and thoughtful inquiry into its new use and the interpretation of it. Christ has completed and replaced its primitive state, thank God indeed.

Under grace and Christ we have the Law of Christ that includes the Law of Moses as it foundation and much more residing within our heart by the Spirit of God, and not on any stone or written on paper for a scribe or lawyer to interpret anymore for us. The world actually lives and thrives, based on it legal written interpretation. Under the Law of Christ (with the Law of Moses included) it clarifies and adds real meaning to the Law where it did not before Christ. In fact the Law was being abused by the religious authorities. The use of the Law for their purposes had to stop. They were leading people into confusion and they could never find peace and the Kingdom of God.

Now into Luke 16...I would suggest you go back a few verses to capture the local context.

Luke 16:13-18 speaks to the Pharisees and Scribes, who loved material things and money and loved to legislate things of the Law to justify their legal and prideful positions. Yahshua's Father knew their hearts of course as Yahshua said. They believed that wealth was a sign that a man was a good man in the eyes of God. They regarded material gain as a reward of that goodness; not knowing that the more they exalted themselves before men, the more they became an abomination to God. And so in their defense, they raised their noses up to Yahshua and called him the self-righteous one, someone who wanted a face of public acceptance with the people, and not them.

Jesus/Yahshua stuck back at them and said they value (in the hearts) things that were detestable to his Father. They did not have the Spirit of the Law within their hearts, as intended.

Now before John the Baptist, Christ, his disciples and the gospel there was the primitive form of the Law and it usage along with the many Prophets under the OC. And now under grace many were entering into the Kingdom, tax collectors and sinners alike, and many under duress, under hostile conditions from other men and evil forces. They wanted the 'new' Law in effect. Not the Law interpreted by the Pharisees and the wealthy and powerful.

He is saying in essence that whereas the law was before imperfect, it is now being perfected. So with regard to the prior understanding of material wealth, now been perfected in the teaching of non-possession or of non-material value. This is why the following verse is connected:

'Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is divorced from her husband committeth adultery.'

The point stressed by Yahshua is that the Law as its original form will stay and not itself be altered, it is of his Father of course. Christ came to complete it and then also rescind it, not its words; to PERFECT it, place it in our hearts and with a quite different view and understanding of it that no man could ever again legislate or condemn someone for breaking the Law or even if abiding by it.

So Jesus emphasized that the establishment of the Kingdom was not the end of the law, as I also have stated, evidentially not that clearly up to now for some.

In general, rescinding something or replacing something does not say the original article has been destroyed or ended at all. Many times and very often those of ignorance, the knee-jerky folks accuse others of their own contrived shallow thinking onto others and into even the public arena, - of a quite different meaning and intent as the source for this ill-conceived accusation.

So Christ being the perfecter of the Law might make you happier I think.