1 Peter 3:18

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is this "ALL" all or just some?
Most definitely, as in "each and every."

Everything in the Bible interrelates from Genesis to Revelation, because the Bible is one cohesive whole!

2 Peter 1:20-21 reads:

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.

The Bible was written by Holy men as they were inspired by the Holy Spirit! Hence, we pray to the Holy Spirit to open our spiritual eyes to the scripture(s) that we are lacking in understanding.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES, Jesus died for all, for all the world,
I believe you missed reading Matthew 1:21
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins."

Not everybody in the world! You see.
Unfortunatelly, not all will receive Him and Salvation = John 1:10-13 , Matt 7:14 , Matt 25:41
John 1:13 is the key verse:
"Which were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, BUT OF GOD."

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: ScottA

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you missed reading Matthew 1:21
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins."

Not everybody in the world! You see.

John 1:13 is the key verse:
"Which were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, BUT OF GOD."

To God Be The Glory
LOL = i am laughing with you here

I believe you missed reading John 1:9-13

The true Light who gives light to every man was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God.

AND

John 6:37-40
All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

AND

John 10:16
As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

AND

Acts 15:14
Simon has declared how God at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name. 15And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written:
16‘After this I will return
And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down;
I will rebuild its ruins,
And I will set it up;
17So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
Says the Lord who does all these things.’

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Losing our temper, aren't we? That's unbecoming of any child of God that makes derogatory remarks!

I know you are new in CB forums. Have you been kicked out from other forums by making same kinds of remarks as you have?
No... Just noteing.... you quoting out of context... thus the term... used... Even Godly children can be Pricks... My self included... but this time it was you!!!

So... you want to kick me out of this forum for showing you the truth... You will be in good company.... Satan hates the truth much like you??? Not saying... just asking....

• Sad
Reactions: marks

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@RR144
@Pierac

Here are the exceptions:

Matthew 13:38
The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one.

John 17:12
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

Zechariah 13:8-9
And it shall come to pass in all the land,” Says the Lord, “That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die, But one-third shall be left in it: 9 I will bring the one-third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, ‘This is My people’; And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’

Reactions: marks and JunChosen

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@RR144
@Pierac

Here are the exceptions:

Matthew 13:38
The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one.

John 17:12
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

Zechariah 13:8-9
And it shall come to pass in all the land,” Says the Lord, “That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die, But one-third shall be left in it: 9 I will bring the one-third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, ‘This is My people’; And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’
Thank you for showing us all.... Nothing.... Yet... How the Verses you chose applys to you??? OR Any other person on this Earth...

Really... Scriptures saith Cats are Cats... That was about as helpful as your post!!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for showing us all.... Nothing.... Yet... How the Verses you chose applys to you??? OR Any other person on this Earth...

Really... Scriptures saith Cats are Cats... That was about as helpful as your post!!

Rude :(

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THAT'S WHAT THEY TOLD JESUS...

Mat 21:12 And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves.

How Rude indeed!!

• Sad

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THAT'S WHAT THEY TOLD JESUS...

Mat 21:12 And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves.

How Rude indeed!!

No, that's not "what they told Jesus." That's a lie.

On the contrary, it was they who spit in Jesus' face. (Rude.) History repeats itself.

All are raised up in the judgement, not all are saved, but "some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt."

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all mankind? Where do you read or have been taught that?

My Bible tells me that Jesus shall save His people from their sins (Matthew 1:21), NEVER for all mankind as you claim.

Imagine if Jesus saved all mankind there will never be anyone go to hell, but Scripture teaches that hell will heavily be populated!

To God Be The Glory
You're trying to be an absolutist. Read this...

1 John 4:14
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be
the Saviour of the world.
KJV

John 12:47
47 And if any man hear My words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world,
but to save the world.
KJV

John 4:42
42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard Him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ,
KJV

The Universalist abuses the above type verses because those verses are not specifically mentioning that one 'must' believe on Jesus Christ to have eternal life. But there are enough verses like the ones below too so no one who stays in God's Word would ever... get confused about the requirement per His Word in order to be saved...

John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.
KJV

That expels any idea that Jesus came to save only a 'few'. No, he died on the cross for ALL THAT BELIEVE ON HIM, regardless of who they are. We know per Bible prophecy that not everyone will believe, and thus will go into the future "lake of fire" and perish. But like Apostle Peter said ...

2 Peter 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward,
not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
KJV

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're trying to be an absolutist. Read this...

1 John 4:14
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be
KJV
Indeed Jesus is so! That is, in all the world Jesus IS the ONLY Savior!!!
John 12:47
47 And if any man hear My words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world,
but to save the world.
KJV
Again, Jesus is the only one that can save the world.
John 4:42
42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard Him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ,
KJV
Amen!
The Universalist abuses the above type verses because those verses are not specifically mentioning that one 'must' believe on Jesus Christ to have eternal life. But there are enough verses like the ones below too so no one who stays in God's Word would ever... get confused about the requirement per His Word in order to be saved...
Faith is a gift and can never be earned.
John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.
KJV
John 3:16 is the most quoted verse in the world but also the least misunderstood. I will wager that you are in this category.
That expels any idea that Jesus came to save only a 'few'. No, he died on the cross for ALL THAT BELIEVE ON HIM, regardless of who they are. We know per Bible prophecy that not everyone will believe, and thus will go into the future "lake of fire" and perish. But like Apostle Peter said ...

2 Peter 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward,
not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
KJV
You can believe on the Lord Jesus 100 times a day and it will not bring you closer to Him. Sorry, but you just seem to lack knowledge of Scripture.

Restudy John 3:16 and don't rely on others but the Holy Spirit. Likewise, as with 2 Peter 3:9 the key words are "any" and "all" You must qualify these words to obtain understanding of verse. The Bible is not an ordinary book, therefore but must be read spiritually.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm ... so ALL in Adam means ALL but all in Christ means some? I don't think so
That is what the Bible teaches:

1 Cor. 6:9 Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean; you have been sanctified; you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

Luke 13:23 Now a man said to him: “Lord, are those being saved few?” He said to them: 24 “Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able. 25 When the householder gets up and locks the door, you will stand outside knocking at the door, saying, ‘Lord, open to us.’ But in answer he will say to you: ‘I do not know where you are from.’ 26 Then you will start saying, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our main streets.’ 27 But he will say to you, ‘I do not know where you are from. Get away from me, all you workers of unrighteousness!’

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"All" does not always mean everyone.
For example 1 Corinthians 15:22 , one verse with 2 "all"s: "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive."
in Adam all die (all people)
in Christ shall all be made alive (all the saved - not all people)

Which of the "All" above is 1 Timothy 2:6 talking about?
GYMNASTICS.gif

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not ALL are saved from damnation, but ALL are saved from eternal death.
There is, of course, the Truth that God spoke:

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them.
And they were judged, each one according to his works.
Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire.
This is the second death.
And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into
the lake of fire.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what the Bible teaches:

1 Cor. 6:9 Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean; you have been sanctified; you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

Luke 13:23 Now a man said to him: “Lord, are those being saved few?” He said to them: 24 “Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able. 25 When the householder gets up and locks the door, you will stand outside knocking at the door, saying, ‘Lord, open to us.’ But in answer he will say to you: ‘I do not know where you are from.’ 26 Then you will start saying, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our main streets.’ 27 But he will say to you, ‘I do not know where you are from. Get away from me, all you workers of unrighteousness!’
The question is, WHEN does this apply? There's a 1,000 year reign, when Satan will be abyssed. AFTER that, Satan will be let loose, all those who follow him will be destroyed. They will not be allowed to inherit the Kingdom.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is, WHEN does this apply? There's a 1,000 year reign, when Satan will be abyssed. AFTER that, Satan will be let loose, all those who follow him will be destroyed. They will not be allowed to inherit the Kingdom.
I am a Jehovah's Witness and since I read your beliefs are very similar to ours, I need to ask you something before getting involved in further dialogs with you: were you a JW before?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 10:16
As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

I think some will say that Jesus was referring to the Gentiles.

Reactions: JunChosen