10 different NT warning-types against eternal security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @Zachary, With respect, the true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ will seek to walk in a manner which will bring glory to God, and honour to the One Who has brought Him out from death into life. The Holy Spirit working in Him, will be seeking to conform Him to the image of God's Son, for he has been given a sonship spirit whereby he can call the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, 'Father', too. This argument is unnecessary, for we are God's workmanship, and He never fails to accomplish what He purposes.
Can't you see that I am merely WARNING those who think they are saved, but are not?
Or, do you think everyone on a Christian forum is saved and going to heaven?
Or, do you think that believers have no free will, and are robots in the hands of God?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then it also might be ridiculous for you to quote the many other NT verses.

Do you expect everyone else to reconcile every apparent contradiction? Why not try putting some of your own work into it?
Perhaps we might be content with what we have already been shown with regard to these things considered as contradictions. Of course, my understandings and yours are unlikely to make everyone else content upon hearing them. Does contentment also come from God?

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Phil 4:11

Would this also include what we have learned about those "considered contradictions"? Hmmm?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's connected to Lordship Salvation.
If Jesus is your Lord and Savior, you will obey.
Many have said, "Obedience is not an option."

You are requesting an "Obedience is mandatory" thread, right?
Please, be patient ... it might take 5 minutes.
Indeed; however, we obey because we love Him; not because of any requirement to do so.

Perfect obedience is required of those who seek to save themselves by what they do (works/obedience)...Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48.

But for those who are saved by grace, we obey out of love and not because of a requirement. Obedience is not a requirement but a privilege; to obey Jesus is the joy of our hearts. Therefore no law is needed as an incentive to obey; and no penalty for disobedience is applied or need be applied. The law is not made for a righteous man but for the lawless and disobedient (1 Timothy 1:9).

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed; however, we obey because we love Him; not because of any requirement to do so.

Perfect obedience is required of those who seek to save themselves by what they do (works/obedience)...Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48.

But for those who are saved by grace, we obey out of love and not because of a requirement. Obedience is not a requirement but a privilege; to obey Jesus is the joy of our hearts. Therefore no law is needed as an incentive to obey; and no penalty for disobedience is applied or need be applied. The law is not made for a righteous man but for the lawless and disobedient (1 Timothy 1:9).

JBF, ol' buddy, I am putting you on the spot. You have the smarts and the confidence to tackle this. As a whole the scriptures do not contradict each other. Willing to work with me?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps we might be content with what we have already been shown with regard to these things considered as contradictions. Of course, my understandings and yours are unlikely to make everyone else content upon hearing them. Does contentment also come from God?

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Phil 4:11

Would this also include what we have learned about those "considered contradictions"? Hmmm?

amadeus, I think they are scared....or would rather do battling scriptures....God so loved the world...who knows the bounds of that? lol

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JBF, ol' buddy, I am putting you on the spot. You have the smarts and the confidence to tackle this. As a whole the scriptures do not contradict each other. Willing to work with me?
Send it a little bit at a time; and I'm game.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bless you, brother, it's all about having the correct
and acceptable heart attitude towards the Lord.
Just keep repenting of your sins the best you can!

BTW, water-baptized or Spirit-baptized, or both?

Water baptized, and I have had evidences of The Holy Spirit work through me, but not the cloven tongue of Pentecost.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As a whole the scriptures do not contradict each other.
IF one understands the meaning behind the words,
such as that RIDICULOUS one English word, "believe".
Utter and complete nonsense!
One word (in any language) cannot do justice to what this means!
(Ref: the whole of the NT)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amadeus, I think they are scared....or would rather do battling scriptures....God so loved the world...who knows the bounds of that? lol
Scared may be the word for it, but everyone, as I believe it should stand firmly by what he really believes... and being both willing and even anxious to talk about it when someone may be edified by that discussion. There is an admonition about not casting our pearls before swine... but that is a different thing.

When we don't know the scriptures, or we don't perfectly understand the scriptures we do know that should have no real bearing on what we believe in our walk with God. When I returned to God sincerely in 1976, I had never in my life read a Bible. I did not know the Bible although I began to read and study it then. I stumbled at times but never fell back into the deep pit from which He drew me.

I can enjoy a good Bible discussions, but I really don't like scriptural battles for their own sake. Every true believer [don't ask for a definition of this] should really love those who love God... even those with whom he cannot agree on some seemingly vital issues. Just defining vital issues can be problematic.

Some people, it seems to me, are as you say, scared to put their beliefs on the line, because they are perhaps doubtful of their ability to defend. Either we believe it, or we are doubtful, or we don't believe it. How much do we know? If we cannot or don't want to discuss it with some one, simply say so and back away. Some opponents may will call us on that, but that is their problem. My foremost concern should be to stay God's no matter what anyone else may think...

Reactions: Grailhunter

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF one understands the meaning behind the words,
such as that RIDICULOUS one English word, "believe".
Utter and complete nonsense!
One word (in any language) cannot do justice to what this means!
(Ref: the whole of the NT)

1Co 1:18, For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Water baptized, and I have had evidences of The Holy Spirit work through me, but not the cloven tongue of Pentecost.
Okay good, I encourage you to press the Lord Jesus for it.
It makes a whole world of difference in spiritual revelation and understanding.

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay good, I encourage you to press the Lord Jesus for it.
It makes a whole world of difference in spiritual revelation and understanding.
Just thought I might throw in the reality of the fact that the Lord has given me the gift of tongues...because you seem to think that my understanding is so off-base that I am hopeless to you.

On the contrary, I have more hope than you can even imagine!

I know that I know that I know that I am redeemed by the blood of the Lamb; and that I have a personal relationship with the author of the Bible.

Reactions: Helen

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scared may be the word for it, but everyone, as I believe it should stand firmly by what he really believes... and being both willing and even anxious to talk about it when someone may be edified by that discussion. There is an admonition about not casting our pearls before swine... but that is a different thing.

When we don't know the scriptures, or we don't perfectly understand the scriptures we do know that should have no real bearing on what we believe in our walk with God. When I returned to God sincerely in 1976, I had never in my life read a Bible. I did not know the Bible although I began to read and study it then. I stumbled at times but never fell back into the deep pit from which He drew me.

I can enjoy a good Bible discussions, but I really don't like scriptural battles for their own sake. Every true believer [don't ask for a definition of this] should really love those who love God... even those with whom he cannot agree on some seemingly vital issues. Just defining vital issues can be problematic.

Some people, it seems to me, are as you say, scared to put their beliefs on the line, because they are perhaps doubtful of their ability to defend. Either we believe it, or we are doubtful, or we don't believe it. How much do we know? If we cannot or don't want to discuss it with some one, simply say so and back away. Some opponents may will call us on that, but that is their problem. My foremost concern should be to stay God's no matter what anyone else may think...

Where do you get all these truths from....must have been paying attention. Love your posts.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Send it a little bit at a time; and I'm game.

The Mystery of Salvation!!….well not really, the scriptures are there and they are very clear. Many times they are so definitive that Christians just cannot accept them. This is a short explanation, but we can talk about it.

To start with we have John the Baptist, the cousin of Christ….nothing about that is normal, their connection from conception to the river Jordan is hard to define, you can read the story in Luke chapter 1, Matthew chapter 3 Mark chapter 1 John chapter 1. So while John is baptizing, Christ walks up to him and John says, “Behold, the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29 Now there are some details to that but that is essentially what happened when Christ died on the cross. John did not give away the plan, he stated part of the plan. But his statement is absolute. Still more details to discuss, your thoughts?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you get all these truths from....must have been paying attention. Love your posts.
If I ever say anything 'good', you already know that it comes from the only One who is good, God! Paying attention and growing in and with Him is the Way. Like others, however, I also have my bad times and days. This comes from doing a thing I along with Paul warn against: Quenching the Holy Spirit!
Give God the glory!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I ever say anything 'good', you already know that it comes from the only One who is good, God! Paying attention and growing in and with Him is the Way. Like others, however, I also have my bad times and days. This comes from doing a thing I along with Paul warn against: Quenching the Holy Spirit!
Give God the glory!

Is your wife alive?

Reactions: amadeus