10 Questions about Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a thread concerning Eternal Security would deal with passages where eternal security is promised.

The only way one can believe in eternal security is to only accept a few happy verses and throw the rest of God's Word in the trash.

God's Word contains warnings written to Christians clearly indicating that it's very possible to for Christians to fall away from the Lord and end up going to hell.

This is why it's so critical for the OSAS peoples to divert attention away from the whole counsel of God because they are going to have to claim these warnings are lies and that somehow Jesus allowed some lies to be put in His Word... which of course is foolishness! crazy.gif

awake_unto_righteousness.jpg

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, EXCEPT IT ABIDE IN THE VINE; no more can ye, EXCEPT YE ABIDE IN ME.
5.I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Jesus is calling one to dwell or continue in HIM. And for his word to dwell or continue in you - the two are intertwined. You cannot dwell in Christ apart from his word and you cannot truly dwell in his word and remain apart from Christ. One feeds naturally into the other.

Ppl that deny the remaining, abiding, beleiving, continuing and dwelling in Christ and God's word in effect STOP; not going into the entering in of eternal life.

Eternal life is a future promise to those who continue to the end of their enduring. It hinges on receiving AFTER this life is over by death or his second coming. It is not a promise of fulfillment to those whom start then STOP in the walk of the faith of believing in Jesus!

Good summary! thumbsup2.gif

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of those type questions are Satanic reasonings of another spirit.

Spoken from the devil's point of view... seeking to twist God's Word to turn the grace of God in to lawlessness

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

sin_all_you_want2.gif

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Big Boy Johnson
Love that image for the OSAS card carrying member of hyper-grace & easy believism.
And I totally agree with post #24.

Many many ppl will look for someone to blame this belief on when they stand before the GWTJ, it will sadly be too late, then.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You must be Born of God/ Born Again to see the Kingdom of God.

Still this member and another have never explained the rebirth ...therefore they will remain in their ignorance of what it means to be Born Again.

The Living spiritual birth?

Unless the Lord decides to remove the scales from their eyes....praying that he does.

The Spiritual birth, is the only birth that can set us free from sin.

Lip service...birthed no one in the Spirit...it’s the heart that needs regenerating...not the head and only God can do that.......by the power of his Holy Spirit.

A Born Again is in the Kingdom of God....they have been given those spiritual eyes and ears.

Praise God and only God....for the most precious gift one can receive.....the Living spiritual birth!!...then we are the true children of God....those who have the Spirit....

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully understand Paul's statement of having a messenger of satan to buffet him !

2 Corinthians 12:6-8
6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

Praying to the blessed Lord, for a respite, myself. Amen.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 3:4-6

4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

IF… OSAS was true, 2 Corinthians 13:5 would not be in God’s Word!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Bible teaches that everyone who is born again by the power of the Holy Spirit is saved forever. We receive the gift of eternal life (John 10:28), not temporary life. Someone who is born again (John 3:3) cannot be “unborn.” After being adopted into God’s family (Romans 8:15), we will not be kicked out. When God starts a work, He finishes it (Philippians 1:6). So, the child of God—the believer in Jesus Christ—is eternally secure in his salvation.

However, the Bible also contains some strong warnings against apostasy. These warnings have led some to doubt the doctrine of eternal security. After all, if we cannot lose our salvation, why are we warned against falling away from the Lord? This is a good question. First, we must understand what is meant by “apostasy.”

An apostate is someone who abandons his religious faith. It is clear from the Bible that apostates are people who made professionsof faith in Jesus Christ but never genuinely received Him as Savior. They were pretend believers. Those who turn away from Christ never really trusted Him to begin with, as 1 John 2:19 says, “They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.” Those who apostatize are simply demonstrating that they are not true believers, and they never were.

The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares (Matthew 13:24–30) provides a simple illustration of apostasy. In the same field were growing wheat and “false wheat” (tares or weeds). At first, the difference between the two types of plants was undetectable, but as time went on, the weeds were seen for what they were. In the same way, in any given church today, there may be true, born-again believers side by side with pretenders—those who enjoy the messages, the music, and the fellowship but have never repented of their sins and accepted Christ by faith. To any human observer, the true believer and the pretender look identical. Only God can see the heart. Matthew 13:1–9 (the Parable of the Sower) is another illustration of apostasy in action

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spoken from the devil's point of view... seeking to twist God's Word to turn the grace of God in to lawlessness

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

View attachment 37939
You need a little more context. Jude is exhorting believers to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints (vs. 3) because certain ungodly men have crept in unnoticed. Jude further describes these ungodly men as ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit. (vs. 19) *Not descriptive of genuine believers so your straw man argument fails.*

In CONTRAST with those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and PRESERVED in Jesus Christ. (vs. 1) Psalm 37:28 - For the Lord loves justice and does not forsake His saints; They are PRESERVED FOREVER, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Only IF.... they abide IN Christ until the end of their lives.
And how do they do that.

Maybe you can explain further?

A Born Again abides in Christ, for they have been Born of God....the Holy Spirit is Living/ abides in their spirit?

How could I possibly know that?

So tell me...how can a Born Again not abide in Christ...once they have received the” Living “ Spiritual birth?

Still waiting for you to explain what the “ Living” spiritual birth is?

How do you abide in Christ, ..without the Living spiritual birth?

How can those who can’t even explain the Living birth, by the Holy Spirit......profess and teach OSAS is false doctrine?
When they have no knowledge of the living spiritual birth?

Without the Spirit, would they be leading themselves through scripture?
Please interpret this scripture?

John 3:1-21​

English Standard Version​

You Must Be Born Again​

3 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus[a] by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again[b] he cannot see the kingdom of God.”4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.[c] 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You[d] must be born again.’ 8 The wind[e] blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Big Boy Johnson .....if you are dividing the word of God as you say you are.

Why aren’t you explaining the Living Spiritual birth?......for without that...we are none of his.

We can only receive the Spirit...into our spirit, by God birthing us in the Holy Spirit/ Baptism in the Spirit, which is a Living “ Spiritual “birth, is it not?

My emphasis is on being Born Again by God...I’m very surprised that you put no emphasis on the rebirth....for without that....we are still in darkness and sin?

Romans 8
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Walking by the Spirit
(Ezekiel 36:16–38; Galatians 5:16–26)
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.a2For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set youb free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.c He thus condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the righteous standard of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace,7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the fleshd cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alivee because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the deadf will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.

Brought from Death to LifeThe Lord told Nicodemus unequivocally, “That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit” (John 3:6). Only the Spirit of the living God can take dry bones, dead in trespasses and rebellion against God, and make them spiritually alive (Ephesians 2:1-5. .?

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way one can believe in eternal security is to only accept a few happy verses and throw the rest of God's Word in the trash.

God's Word contains warnings written to Christians clearly indicating that it's very possible to for Christians to fall away from the Lord and end up going to hell.

This is why it's so critical for the OSAS peoples to divert attention away from the whole counsel of God because they are going to have to claim these warnings are lies and that somehow Jesus allowed some lies to be put in His Word... which of course is foolishness! View attachment 37937

View attachment 37936
lol

the only way to believe in eternal INSECURITY, is to take parts of scripture and interpret to meet your needs. and reject or belittle the passages which show we are secure in Christ. we will never fall back. We have his spirit as a pledge, We have eternal (not conditional) life.

You basically have to look to self and your ability.. not God.

Reactions: Ritajanice

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

IF… OSAS was true, 2 Corinthians 13:5 would not be in God’s Word!
OSAS is not in question here. The test is to see whether or not their faith is genuine. Paul did not say "still" in the faith or "no longer" in the faith. Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. There are genuine Christians and there are "nominal" Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers.