10 Sins We Commit Without Knowing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The intention here is to show members who say if we sin we aren't truly saved that everyone sins....

this is a good post. But for my own .02 cents, i agree that everyone sins, even the saved, but does anyone wake up in the morning saying “ wellp, im about to go hold some grudges today.” I hope not. But there are people who do, there are some who despite knowing something is a sin, they dont care. And that is the sign of a false convert.

From todd friel,
Do you practice unrepented sin? Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8 When you sin do you repent, get back up and walk in His light? Or, do you intentionally sin, seek to justify your sin, ignore or try to reinterpret scripture to fulfill your desires, or have no desire to repent of the sin you hold onto?

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think I scored 9 out of 10…………..oooops , needs some work and needs some reflection time. Thankfully they are not constantly , but even I know that I give in ….it’s good to have ‘ kicks ‘ to make us look at ourselves honestly. However not with the aim of feeling condemned, but with the aim of allowing for that soul searching and conviction. ( search me oh lord … )

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is a good post. But for my own .02 cents, i agree that everyone sins, even the saved, but does anyone wake up in the morning saying “ wellp, im about to go hold some grudges today.” I hope not. But there are people who do, there are some who despite knowing something is a sin, they dont care. And that is the sign of a false convert.

From todd friel,
Do you practice unrepented sin? Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8 When you sin do you repent, get back up and walk in His light? Or, do you intentionally sin, seek to justify your sin, ignore or try to reinterpret scripture to fulfill your desires, or have no desire to repent of the sin you hold onto?
And that would be a time to minister to them and pray for God to heal or deliver them from a root of bitterness.
I can't begin to count how many Christians I have come across that are still struggling with unforgiveness....the one who was violently raped by their own father, the young man who witnessed his parents die during a robbery, the young mother whose 2 yr old child was abducted and found dead a week later....
You see salvation is the foundation that we build on....and with the proper instruction and Godly counsel, and the healing touch of God's Hand these individuals eventually come to understand the power of forgiveness. It isn't for the person who victimized them...it's for them to be set free from that person who victimized them.
We can't go around condemning everyone who hasn't yet achieved that spiritual life of walking righteous until Jesus has completed cleansing them of the hidden sins of the heart....
This is why we must first judge our own heart before pointing the finger at the other person. We can all find areas that still need improvement.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I scored 9 out of 10…………..oooops , needs some work and needs some reflection time. Thankfully they are not constantly , but even I know that I give in ….it’s good to have ‘ kicks ‘ to make us look at ourselves honestly. However not with the aim of feeling condemned, but with the aim of allowing for that soul searching and conviction. ( search me oh lord … )
Lol...not laughing at you...just how you worded it....but you are so right sister.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...not laughing at you...just how you worded it....but you are so right sister.
#2 is one that I ignored but after thinking about it I am struggling with injustices towards me and I do justify my attitude by what was done to me by them.
So grudges and justifying my attitude definitely need to be addressed.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s okay I was laughing at me on one level…I read the list once and thought, I don’t do that …………then I slowly read the list and realised I was kidding myself. Only one was not applicable !

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
10 SINS THAT OFTEN SLIP BY AS “OK” IN OUR DAILY LIFE:
1. Holding grudges
2. Justifying wrong attitudes
3. Putting your desires first (before God)
4. Feeling annoyed over the success of others
5. Getting hurt easily and reacting out of the hurt
6. Underpaying (taking advantage of others’ work)
7. Skimping on the work you are being paid to do
8. Criticizing and finding fault — secretly or outwardly
9. Focusing on the cares of the world — putting your full attention and trust in the “things” of the world, like money, power, possessions and image. When we allow that to define us, we lose focus of who we are in Christ. This doesn’t mean not caring about what happens in the world.
10. Gossiping or speaking unkindly of those not present.

I will be honest and confess I have held grudges...
Father, I confess that I have sinned by holding grudges against others instead of forgiving them and letting it go.
I am truly sorry for my attitude in this and ask your help in changing it.
Forgive me Father
In Jesus Name I Pray..
How can they be named without knowing them?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can they be named without knowing them?
Guess you need to seek the Holy Spirit and ask Him to reveal anything hidden that hinders you from growing spiritually....
God is constantly purging our hearts if we let Him.

Reactions: marks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s okay I was laughing at me on one level…I read the list once and thought, I don’t do that …………then I slowly read the list and realised I was kidding myself. Only one was not applicable !
Lol...yep, me too...I am hesitant to look at it again..m:confused:

Reactions: marks and Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay , I’ll jump in here and light a fuse ..haha!

if Jesus took our sins to the cross to take back what Adam gave away to the serpent . Do New Testament Christian sin?

Are the Converted in Christ Forgiven their sin (BY God) Against God? Yes
Do the Converted in Christ continue to commit sin Against God? No.
What is sin Against God? Disbelief.

or they transgress against each other.

Do the Converted in Christ trespass against other men? Yes.
Should, can, do Converted men "forgive men their trespasses" against them? Yes
What is trespasses of men against men? Lying, cheating, stealing, underhandedness, etc. (intended or by unintended happenstance).

I do not believe Converted in Christ men sin against men.
I do not believe Converted in Christ men forgive men of sin.
(Unless you are a man Under Mosaic law, and continue Under Mosaic Law....THEN, sin IS, violation of the Law.) <--- Old Covenant.

IF a man IS NOT UNDER Mosaic Law...
(Applicable to Gentiles).
His SIN IS, exclusively, Disbelief IN GOD, and the one GOD Sent.
(Applicable to Gentiles & Tribes (ISRAEL, a people/ not Nation).
His SIN IS, exclusively, Forgiven BY the one GOD Sent, once and forever. <--- New Covenant.

* Forgiveness, given (BY GOD), to Gentiles, FOR having HAD disbelief IN the Lord God, primarily calling themselves;
Converted Christians.
* Forgiveness, given (BY GOD), to Jews, FOR having HAD disbelief IN Christ the Lord Jesus;
(JEWS: primarily what all 12 Tribal descendants call themselves today)...
primarily calling themselves;
Messianic Jews.

*The Lord God, ONCE, Forgives SIN of Disbelief Against Him.
** The Lord God, KEEPS, (By His Power), the man Forever IN Belief of the Lord God.

*Men Forgive men, REPEATEDLY of Trespasses Against Them.
** The Strength/Power for men to Forgive men of Trespasses Against Them...(IS definately a challenge for a man, WITHOUT, the Power of God (Holy Spirit), with-IN, the man.)
** Individual mans BURDEN, for consequences, repairing, relationships BETWEEN/Among men.
Gal 6:
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.

Old Covenant - Repeatedly...
God WITH a man obeying The LAW.
Old Covenant - Repeatedly...God NOT WITH a man disobeying The LAW...
THEN "AGAIN" WITH, a man obeying The LAW.

New Covenant - One Time Gods Spirit enters that man and Forever Gods Spirit Remains WITH that man.
John 14:16
Philemon 1:15
Matt 28:20
I John 3:9

Glory to God,
Taken

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The intention here is to show members who say if we sin we aren't truly saved that everyone sins....

I feel like i could add another 10 subtle sins that go by unnoticed but i will just add one more...
Pride... Lucifer's favourite sin... Or vanity
People who think they are free from temptation
People who think they can do no wrong
People who think they have all the answers

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1. Holding grudges
2. Justifying wrong attitudes
3. Putting your desires first (before God)
4. Feeling annoyed over the success of others
5. Getting hurt easily and reacting out of the hurt
6. Underpaying (taking advantage of others’ work)
7. Skimping on the work you are being paid to do
8. Criticizing and finding fault — secretly or outwardly
9. Focusing on the cares of the world — putting your full attention and trust in the “things” of the world, like money, power, possessions and image. When we allow that to define us, we lose focus of who we are in Christ. This doesn’t mean not caring about what happens in the world.
10. Gossiping or speaking unkindly of those not present.

I will be honest and confess I have held grudges...
Father, I confess that I have sinned by holding grudges against others instead of forgiving them and letting it go.
I am truly sorry for my attitude in this and ask your help in changing it.
Forgive me Father
In Jesus Name I Pray..
Good topic but I think we could also add 'pride' to that list - pride in our own achievements and pride in our knowledge etc.

I wrote my post before I'd finished reading the other replies and somebody already said pride.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just do the following and you’re all set:

“Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.” (Romans 13:8-10)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

From todd friel,
Kind advice, Sir:

Read Romans 8, stop being introspective and keep 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12.2).

Reactions: marks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good topic but I think we could also add 'pride' to that list - pride in our own achievements and pride in our knowledge etc.

I wrote my post before I'd finished reading the other replies and somebody already said pride.
Amen I do agree....this particular thread is focusing on sins that some may not consider to be sin or as written in the OP are OK to have in our daily lives....
But in reality they are leading us into deception and unable to discern the truth.
As the scripture says if we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves.....and even goes so far as to say the truth is not in us.
“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.”
— 1 John 1:8 (KJV)

I believe this is why the churches continue to spiral downward as it spins further and further away from the truth.....teaching man's doctrines instead of God's Word....
Calling evil good (acceptance of homosexuality becoming ordained pastors may be one example) and good evil...(modern day miracles...or prophets...can be an example).

Until we fully line up with the Word of God to do all that it commands we are easy prey to the spirit of deception and are blinded by it to where we are unable to ever see the truth until we start seeking it....and then the Holy Spirit opens our eyes to see...and the Truth enters in and we are set free.
Religious spirits abound everywhere with their deception and false teachings bringing God's people into captivity and they don't even realize they are prisoners.