10 Sins We Commit Without Knowing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a choice based on your knowledge of the word. Of course as Christians we have the choice to grow and mature in our spiritual walk. The increase will always become from God. It does take some effort to learn and that would be going and seeking what the Bible has in store for the user who is reading it.

To me people who are babes in Christ they have the spirit but their flesh is still overbearing them and they may tend to react in the flesh rather than the spirit more because they are new to Christianity if anything.

So children act as though newborns do; they can fight, bicker, and maybe not understand the full scope of what everything is about when it pertains to the Bible and as them being new one wouldn’t expect to be mature they would make mistakes.

As one grows and learns and mature and in growing in understanding about God and Jesus and that it is by faith in Christ that makes them right with God and understanding of gaining the ability to by the spirit rather than the flesh (which causes?? You will be able to answer that yourself).

The spiritually mature live by the spirit in faith and they do tend sometimes to fail because of our flesh; I’m a living example of it myself just yesterday had long post battle between me and this other person no edification was made it was just nonsensical back and forth posting.

When you become spiritually living you’ll be able to discern when things do not seem right and a good reminder is that is coming from the flesh when one fights, and bickers, moans and groans; which happens to all of as Christian believers.

The choice is always there you can handle things your own way or be lead by the spirit allowing Christ through you to handle its Gods way which is always by and through the spirit, by faith.

Thank you for a moment of your time and hope that you gain something from this post,

God bless all of you and take care,
With love,
Matthew G

Reactions: Heart2Soul

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The intention here is to show members who say if we sin we aren't truly saved that everyone sins....
This is obvious from the parable of the pharisee and the tax collector:

Luke 18:9-14

New International Version

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is obvious from the parable of the pharisee and the tax collector:

Luke 18:9-14

New International Version

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
Very nice example! And scriptural to boot.....thanks!

Reactions: dev553344 and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all go through that on different levels and in a myriad of ways. But we also know that Jesus went through all the same temptations but without sin. We can be assured that He had even greater struggles than us, being such a target of Satan and his agents. But Jesus proved that we can overcome, even in our humanity with divine help. And by these promises we take hold upon His divine nature which empowers is to overcome. The biggest hurdle we have to overcome is self. So long as we cleave to the Vine, partaking of His strength and power, all things are possible.
I've heard it said that we don't see the full power of temptation until we don't give in to it. Enduring through to the end without sin, but we can do this through moment by moment trusting in Jesus while we sit on our hands.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On my bad days, when it seems like everything that can go wrong will go wrong, people from various sources in my life seem to have an agenda to come against me, and even my own thoughts come against me....those days is when the temptation to let anger rise up makes its way into my heart and my mouth spews out angry words, or someone in need asks for help and I resent them for it because I have my own needs....and then of course a memory will resurface and reignite the hurt inflicted on me by that same person asking for my help....I forgave them and all is well on my good days....but that bad day....I shake my head....and cry out to God asking for forgiveness and reach out to that person and ask their forgiveness....

I've noticed that my good days and bad days come in cycles, and that the bad days are often accompanied by physical symptoms as well, and I've come to realize how my physiology affects my mood, and that affects my resistance.

Not that this is the complete answer, but for me it figures in a lot. So when I get up in the morning and feel like that, I know to be on my extra guard, and those are the days I delete more posts than I submit.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to maintain a Christian example inwardly and outwardly on those bad days still evades me.
Again, for me, the answer is in holding in my mind the reality of God's presences with me, and His love for me. Now and forever, sing of the love our God has shown. That's playing on the radio right now.

Sing to Jesus, Lord of our shame! Lord of our sinful hearts, He is our great Redeemer!

When I feel like black muck boiling over, I want to remind myself, Jesus redeemed me, from this, I'll just sit here quietly for a moment, try to work on something productive, but the most productive thing I can do is separate the bad feelings inside from the real me, who is new and beloved. And as I identify with Jesus and not the feelings in my - flesh, those feeling will sometimes rise, sometimes diminish, but will eventually go away, and a new day begins.

Much love!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, for me, the answer is in holding in my mind the reality of God's presences with me, and His love for me. Now and forever, sing of the love our God has shown. That's playing on the radio right now.

Sing to Jesus, Lord of our shame! Lord of our sinful hearts, He is our great Redeemer!

When I feel like black muck boiling over, I want to remind myself, Jesus redeemed me, from this, I'll just sit here quietly for a moment, try to work on something productive, but the most productive thing I can do is separate the bad feelings inside from the real me, who is new and beloved. And as I identify with Jesus and not the feelings in my - flesh, those feeling will sometimes rise, sometimes diminish, but will eventually go away, and a new day begins.

Much love!
You are truly blessed my friend...you have achieved what I am striving to achieve. But by the Grace of God I will continue to strive and have faith that I can and will overcome.

Reactions: Rita

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are truly blessed my friend...you have achieved what I am striving to achieve. But by the Grace of God I will continue to strive and have faith that I can and will overcome.
No, I strive to achieve this every day, and it always moment by moment.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spirit my friends.

God is the only one who does good through us my friends and Jesus holds our fleshly desires back.

It depends on your priorities. It’s tough.

“I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:16, 22-26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It depends on your priorities. It’s tough.
Priorities as expressed through choices.

We have deceptives desires of the flesh, we have valid desires of the flesh, and we have the leading of the Holy Spirit, Who has to be the One to show us when our flesh desires are valid or not.

We are to eat, hunger is valid, but self-gratification through food is not. If our priority is to feed our spirit, then we're going to choose to limit the flesh.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree, with you Marks.

According to Paul all things are lawful there are just somethings that are not beneficial.

“All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. And God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up by His power. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.” But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him. Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭6:12-20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Reactions: marks

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And I say nonsense also!

We need to understand Christ HAS come to us, lives in us, and IS changing us.

I like to ask people, is there any sin that you, a Christian CANNOT refuse to commit for a 2 minute period? Now, repeat. And repeat. And repeat.

We have power over our bodies and minds if we will believe it and use is. We are still being trained to believe and use it.

What I've seen, Be it to you according to your faith.

Oh how I need to be speaking these things to myself every single day!

Much love!
Amen. The just shall live by his faith.
Here are they that keep the Commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus.

Reactions: marks