(11) Bible Verses: Topic: Backsliding

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Backsliding - Thompson Chain Reference -

Hello, these are verses that have to deal with us as human beings and our backsliding ways.

As human beings naturally our flesh /` hates anything that has to do with God or faith.
However the spirit once being reborn / enjoys and is encouraged by hearing about God, and Faith ~ Which produces fruit with-in the believers life ~ The Flesh can kill this new born fruit when it the flesh starts to get stronger over the spirit and quenches the spirit.

(The flesh and spirit fight ~ Your choice is what you to let your flesh reign, or let the spirit of Christ reign with-in. (Galatians 5:17; Galatians 2:20)).

This something as believer and for the Love of God never desire to lose hope, and faith or trust in the Lord Jesus Christ~ PLEASE KEEP HANGING ON TO HIM, and the PROMISES OF GOD.

Here are the scriptures;

Select Readings: Malachi 3:7-18; Galatians 4:1-31

• Selfish Absorption

Proverbs 14:14
Young's Literal Translation

14 From his ways is the backslider in heart filled, And a good man -- from his fruits.

Isaiah 1:4

4 Ah, sinning nation, a people heavy [with] iniquity, A seed of evil doers, sons -- corrupters! They have forsaken Jehovah, They have despised the Holy One of Israel, They have gone away backward.

Jeremiah 14:7

7 Surely our iniquities have testified against us, O Jehovah, work for Thy name's sake, For many have been our backslidings, Against Thee we have sinned.

Hosea 11:7

7 And My people are hanging in suspense, about My returning, And unto the Most High they do call, Together they exalt not.

• Religious Indifference

Matthew 24:12

12 and because of the abounding of the lawlessness, the love of the many shall become cold;

• Unfitness for the Kingdom

Luke 9:62

62 and Jesus said unto him, `No one having put his hand on a plough, and looking back, is fit for the reign of God.'

Galatians 1:6

6 I wonder that ye are so quickly removed from Him who did call you in the grace of Christ to another good news;

• Bondage to Forms

Galatians 4:9

9 and now, having known God -- and rather being known by God -- how turn ye again unto the weak and poor elements to which anew ye desire to be in servitude?

• Divine Displeasure

Hebrews 10:38

38 and `the righteous by faith shall live,' and `if he may draw back, My soul hath no pleasure in him,'

2 Peter 2:20

20 for, if having escaped from the pollutions of the world, in the acknowledging of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and by these again being entangled, they have been overcome, become to them hath the last things worse than the first,

• Loss of Spiritual Enthusiasm

Revelation 2:4

4 `But I have against thee: That thy first love thou didst leave!

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello, these are verses that have to deal with us as human beings and our backsliding ways.
Why not focus on righteousness instead of backsliding? For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Enoch ~ Great question. ~ (Also do I agree with you what you said in your post ) ( For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. ) Yes Amen!

Wouldn't you desire to be warned about the dangers of?

At least if bringing forth the truth, it can be and shall be observed, mauled over and thought about.