• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not talking about what people say and do, they do not have the authenticity of God Himself. I'm speaking of Him Who is true. People do all sorts of things say all sorts of things, sometimes foolish things. God is not like that.

There are lots of men named Jesus, but Only One has saved us from our sins. The One Whom God gave that Name to. He only gave it to One Man.

Much love!
I believe Joshua in Hebrew is the same as Jesus in Greek.

Reactions: The Learner

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 1 God called Himself US and OUR. Father and Son! Jesus is God the Creator.

Col 1 By Him all things were created!

Reactions: The Learner

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 1 God called Himself US and OUR. Father and Son! Jesus is God the Creator.

Col 1 By Him all things were created!

The all things created are not planets, oceans and stars. They are the things the Christ will need to govern his administration when he gathers the saints in the next life. They are thrones, dominions, principalities, and powers.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gotta agree with you on this . . . and I'm a Trinitarian!
One of the things I’ve noticed about debate, in general, is people’s unwillingness to:
  1. Admit weakness in own argument
  2. Admit strength in opposite argument.
One can still be correct, true or more likely correct AND acknowledge these 2 things. Someone with a legal background pointed out that most cases are decided based on circumstantial evidence.

I think we have to admit the reason people don’t do these 2 things is rooted in a combination of ego and lack of intellectual honesty.

The 163 reasons in the thread title are not equally strong reasons. In another thread, I provided the 3 most powerful arguments against and offered the proponent to offer the 3 best arguments in favor. He declined.

Politics acts based on majority not truth or logic. A thousand so-called reasons for (guilt) cannot over come one actual reason the proposition is false. This is why science no longer uses the terms “law” as in laws of physics; they keep finding conditions which the so called law does not apply.

Not being valid in all circumstances does not mean being invalid in every circumstance. We have to remember that. The book is correct, entitled “Jesus is not God with a capital-G.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.