2 Thessalonians 2:3 Great Falling Away

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3) Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[sup][a][/sup] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. (NIV)

rebellion occurs..."Great Falling Away"

I see this scripture happening all around me, everyday. I feel as if I'm starting to be boxed into a little corner living in the city. For this reason, I feel that i'm fortunate to soon be moving out of the city and out to the country with the in-laws. My in-laws are farmers and there are miles and miles of farmland......the closest Walmart is approximately 2 hours away, there is not much if any cell phone or internet reception. It's so peaceful out in the country and the things I find pleasurable are hiking, canoeing, hunting (entertainment is limited out in the country) and if my wife would allow it....just live off the land. I would even love to have a small home without electricity, but I do not think my wife will go for that though..lol.

I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to live away from things that compete for my attention away from God. For some of you this may not be a problem living in a more populated area with stores, restaurants, movie theaters, tailgate parties at football games, unlimited media and advertising hitting you in the face everyday, but for myself I find that the more I limit what Satan can use to hinder me the easier it is to walk in the spirit. This is just me and how I feel.

Any thoughts from members about the above scripture? pertaining to the "rebellion occurs"?

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The Lord gives us power to overcome the world and to remain faithful in the face of rebellion of all others. He gives us that while we are still in the world. It is always tempting to decide to remove the opposition the world gives us so we can more easily be like Christ, but I think it would be true to say that this very opposition is there to shape us and make us strong in the faith. :)

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good point Prentis! LOL, was afraid someone was going to say that. There is also a season to FLEE from the Evil one and I think the time is right lol. Thanks Brother!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yes, there is a time for all things. :)

If the Spirit leads us there, it will be for the glory of God. As long as he leads us there... He will be the light that shines in us.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
3) Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[sup][a][/sup] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. (NIV)
Any thoughts from members about the above scripture? pertaining to the "rebellion occurs"?

Hi John III,

Clearly the falling away and the man-of-lawnessness (the a/c) are at the same time. And one should consider that under the a/c, no man can buy or sell. So how do you propose to have a roof, clothing, and food?

And if you elect to be homeless, are you prepared to be imprisoned along with all the other homeless wretches? Or are you going to receive the mark, and take the oath, and continue your "normal" lifestyle?

Rev. 14
[sup]9[/sup] A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, [sup]10[/sup] they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. [sup]11[/sup] And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.” [sup]12[/sup] This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

That choice will come within the next seven years. Are you prepared to make it?

BibleScribe

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
John- You are fortunate to be able to live in the country! I'm sure the atmosphere will do you great good!

Bible scribe- I am preparing to be led by the Spirit!

Reactions: Angelina

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US

I see this scripture happening all around me, everyday. I feel as if I'm starting to be boxed into a little corner living in the city. For this reason, I feel that i'm fortunate to soon be moving out of the city and out to the country with the in-laws. My in-laws are farmers and there are miles and miles of farmland......the closest Walmart is approximately 2 hours away, there is not much if any cell phone or internet reception. It's so peaceful out in the country and the things I find pleasurable are hiking, canoeing, hunting (entertainment is limited out in the country) and if my wife would allow it....just live off the land. I would even love to have a small home without electricity, but I do not think my wife will go for that though..lol.

I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to live away from things that compete for my attention away from God. For some of you this may not be a problem living in a more populated area with stores, restaurants, movie theaters, tailgate parties at football games, unlimited media and advertising hitting you in the face everyday, but for myself I find that the more I limit what Satan can use to hinder me the easier it is to walk in the spirit. This is just me and how I feel.

I would love to be able to do that, live off the land, in the country!

No matter where we are, God will provide, He has promised, that if we abide in Him and walk with His Spirit, He will meet all of our needs, either be in unpopulated areas or populated ones. This is the faith many of us seem to be missing, He will provide, we can rely on Him for everything!

As far as the "great falling away", I think it started happening when Jesus was resurrected, and it hasn't stopped, we are only seeing more of the division now, we are either on board with the Lord or we are not, we are seeing less of the middle or lukewarm people go to one side or the other, imo. As things begin to escalate, I think there will even more people not relying on the Lord, but instead the world for our needs, we are already seeing this as people look to our govt's for their needs instead of to the Lord.

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi John III,

And if you elect to be homeless, are you prepared to be imprisoned along with all the other homeless wretches? Or are you going to receive the mark, and take the oath, and continue your "normal" lifestyle?

That choice will come within the next seven years. Are you prepared to make it?

BibleScribe

BibleScribe, I have to admit that I would prefer death over imprisionment. Spending time in Haiti, Korea and Iraq was absolutely lonely and sad. I never feared getting killed at any time...it would have been much better than the lack of physical contact from friends and family.

Thanks for the response and I hate to say this but as things heat up here on earth, it makes it easier for me to trust and rely on the spirit. So in a sense, I would rather face persecution than sit on the fence. ;) Whatever it takes for me to know the true love of God, because as a human, this is the only way and chance I can ever know how great the length, width and depth of God's true Love is.

Reactions: Prentis and jshiii

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
I don't think people have the correct understanding of the falling away. I use to believe it had something to do with the church but no longer do. The "Protestant prophecy experts" have misled many concerning the apostasia. They have changed the definition of the word and falsely attributed it to the church. Look at #5 in the following definition which IS NOT the correct definition of the word.

Apostasy - (noun)
1. The act of abandoning a party or cause.
2. The state of having rejected your religious beliefs, political party, cause or sports team in favor of opposing beliefs, causes or teams.
3. A defection, renunciation, disaffiliation, abandonment or revolt from a previous association.
4. (Islamic definition) Rejection in word or deed of one's former religion.
5. (Christian definition) To fall away from the truth.

I agree with 1-4 but not # 5. Why would apostasy mean one thing for Christian's and something else for others?

Falling away is a poor interpretation of the word apostasia, and 2 Thess. 2 is the only place the word forsake or 'apostasia' is translated "falling away".
"A divorce" is the root word for apostasy and to defect is to abandon.

Apoostasy is not being lukewarm or backsliden. It actually has nothing to do with spiritual condition of a church or lack of devotion of an individual. It is not false doctrine or heresy. Apostasy will have nothing to do with the endtime church. The entire chapter of 2 Thes. 2 is devoted to the revelation of the man of sin before the Day of Christ.

There is no word or scripture in the text that implies that the church will supposedly "apostasize" and welcome the man of sin.
So don't fall for the phrase, "the apostate church" or fall for the blasphemous lie that the harlot of Revelation 17 is the so called "apostate church!" There's not one scriptural reason to believe that the falling away will have anything to do with the church but several to believe that it has all to do with the man of sin.

For a Christian to be an apostate, he must renounce his religion, disolve his union with God, and accept another religion.

There are only two verses where the word "apostasia" is used. 2Thes 2:1-4 and
Acts 21:21 where the word forsake is used and is the correct meaning of apostasy.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
In Acts 21:21 Paul is teaching the Jews to "forsake' (apostasia/abandon)the law of Moses and accept the new covenant.
Acts 21:21  And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

Apostasy is also described in the old testament with Esau and Ishmael. They were opposed the true God of Israel and went into other directions.
Bakers dictionary of theology
Apostasy

A word of increasing interest found twice in the NT. (Acts 21:21; 2Thes. 2:3 It comes from the Greek apostasia a late form of apostasis, originally to desert a post or station in life. It is used of Plutarch of political revolt and is found in the OT in the sense of revolt against the Lord. (Josh. 22:22) Antiochus Epiphanes enforced an apostasia from Judaism to Hellenism (1 Macc 2:15)

In the AV it is translated "falling away" in relation to the man of sin or antichrist. In this sense the thought is of religious revolt. Cremer states that apostasia is used in the absolute sense of "passing over to unbelief," thus a dissolution of the "union of God subsisting through Christ." Amdt adds rebellion or abandonment in the religious sense. On the nature of apostasy there are lengthy articles in both the JewEnc and the CE developing an extensive doctrine of apostasy.

In the NT. 2 Thes 2:3 is part of a prophetic passage of apocalyptic character. The falling away invites conjecture about whom and from what. The event seems future and thus related to antichrist. The implication is that the apostates will welcome the man of sin.

WIKI says...
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Apostasy (Greek απο, apo, "away, apart", στασις, stasis, "standing") is the formal renunciation of one's religion.

Notice that everyone of the following 'apostates' abandoned one thing and went to another. And it applies to both religion and politics.
Noted apostates
This is a list of notable persons that have followed a religion and then publicly abandoned or publicly criticized it and attracted notable attention by this defection, or had a notable influence on society with their defection; or if the person has been notably been referred to as an apostate by other groups or people regardless whether the person accepts this label or not.

Ambedkar an ex-Hindu who became a Buddhist
Karen Armstrong ex-Roman Catholic nun who became an atheist
Julian the Apostate ex-Christian and Roman emperor
Aurelius Augustine (Augustine of Hippo) Former adherent of Manicheism who converted to Christianity and criticized Manicheism in his book called Confessions, though generally not labelled as an apostate because the term is originally used for people who leave Christianity, not for people who convert to it
Marjoe Gortner ex-Christian
Ayaan Hirsi Ali ex-Muslim
Maria Monk Sometimes considered an apostate, though little evidence exists that she ever belonged to the religion she supposedly fled
Taslima Nasrin born in a Muslim family who became an atheist
Friedrich Nietzsche grew up in a Lutheran family and became a confirmed Christian in his teens but later became a staunch atheist
Salman Rushdie Accused of being an apostate of Islam by Ruhollah Khomeini due to the publication of his book The Satanic Verses
Baruch Spinoza excommunicated from the Jewish community
Ibn Warraq ex-Muslim

Entire kingdoms have gone into apostasy when it's ruler or king called for one and it was always to change the "national religion."
I believe with all my heart that the rebellion or "apostasy" prophecied in 2 Thes 2:3 is now taking place in the Arab world.

Remember...
Apostasy is used of Plutarch of political revolt and is found in the OT in the sense of revolt against the Lord.

2 Thessalonians 2:5  Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6  And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

The word withholdeth means to detain.
"What detains him? An apostasy is what the man of sin is waiting for! The Arab world is currently in an apostasy. (rebellion) People are in a revolt and dictators and governments are falling. A political and/or religious revolt accross the Arab world would bring the region into chaos and instability and create a giant political void and an ideal situation for the man of sin to reveal himself. He will bring political and religious unity to the region. That's what the protesters want anyway. They want no borders, one currency, and a caliphate.

Hasan A. Yahya, the Dean of Arab Writers in North America said,
"This article calls for wider scope of protest and revolutions in the Arab countries, otherwise, these revolutions and protests are incomplet and misguided. In his opinion, the revolution may satisfy one country, it does not satisfy all Arabs who aspire for unity, one currency, one economy, and one flag that covers a land with no borders between."

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/philosophy-articles/a-new-definition-of-apostasy-and-heretics-sociological-analysis-1387803.html#ixzz1EcNgMQnk

You would be wise and prudent to move into the country. The next time the jihadist hit the US, people will be flocking into the countryside.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
BibleScribe, I have to admit that I would prefer death over imprisionment. ...

Hey John III,

You made the a better choice than some of the options, provided you are indeed martyred, For I suspect that many nations will execute those who oppose global authority, but probably not in North America.

However for those who are martyred, they give up a few years in this mortal body, but gain a thousand years ruling and reigning with Christ.

Rev. 20
[sup]4[/sup] I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

BibleScribe :)

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
BibleScribe, I have to admit that I would prefer death over imprisionment. Spending time in Haiti, Korea and Iraq was absolutely lonely and sad. I never feared getting killed at any time...it would have been much better than the lack of physical contact from friends and family.

Thanks for the response and I hate to say this but as things heat up here on earth, it makes it easier for me to trust and rely on the spirit. So in a sense, I would rather face persecution than sit on the fence. ;) Whatever it takes for me to know the true love of God, because as a human, this is the only way and chance I can ever know how great the length, width and depth of God's true Love is.

I think that's a great attitude to have! :)

The enemy attacking us shouldn't make us fear, it is for our own good and training. We only have one chance to run the race, and it is wise to wish to run well, even if that is to our own detriment in this life.

I think that anything less than this attitude makes it impossible for one to be a disciple.

Reactions: Comm.Arnold

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

Can I come live with you???

Oh, wait a minute, I already live in the country around a lot of farms.

And I very much agree with your decision. I don't see you trying to escape or anything like that, but that you've come to realize the important things.

During the tribulation, I don't see any of us really being able to escape it. Most likely a lot more in the cities will flee to the country, so it might get a little crowded in the country some day. But for right now, I say enjoy it.

Concerning 2 Thess.2, Paul was specifically pointing to a time of the "strong delusion" as the height of the great falling away. That strong delusion involves the coming false messiah and the deception he's going to do upon the majority of the world, tricking the deceived into believing he is God having come. So whether one is living in the city, or the country, that deception can be had wherever one is IF they fall away to believe it, instead of remaining faithful waiting for Christ's coming.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I want to be delivered up before the antichrist,and I think I will be,can't wait.........

Mark 13:11
But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
NIce thread John the third I feel more peaceful just reading this. It is amazing how entertaining God's land can be if we just let him speak.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The city tends to be a good place for ministry. You can't walk a block in manhattan without nearly falling over someone with need greater than your own. The problem is that it's nearly impossible to dwell in a big city without getting dirty. I thank the Lord for providing the washing of the water of His word. The priests of the temple needed a laver to wash in, sacrifice is dirty work. In the city corruption is everywhere and tends to touch everything.
I love the country and had the thought recently of putting in my retirement papers and buying a small farm in some remote place with fertile ground. I always liked working with the ground, before I knew the Lord it made me feel closer to Him. My maternal grandfather was a miner in one of the coal mines out in PA, but his best work was always his vegetable garden (although a good part of it was for his still.) I miss having a quiet place to go off to, to sit and take in the beauty of creation, and talk quietly with my God. The monastic movement was started by people who wanted to remove themselves from the world in an effort to be closer to God, but a man can be alone in a crowd, or surrounded by enemies on a mountaintop. If you've believed the Lord to the salvation of your soul then you need to trust Him to put you where you need to be, That might be in the country or in the city. The Lord will give you peace in the midst of your enemies, if He's called you to be among them. We're called to be in the world, but not of the world, and the world is everywhere we go. I'm inclined to believe that righteous Lot made the wrong choice. Either way, the Lord keep you, the Lord bless you, the Lord make His face to shine upon you. Amen.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
I want to be delivered up before the antichrist,and I think I will be,can't wait.........

Mark 13:11
But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

This has already taken place and continues today.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

The Holy Spirit dwells in us today, speaks to us today, walks in us today....therefore He puts words in our minds and we are to speak those words. The words are written but the Holy Spirit gives us revelation of the spiritual meaning of the written words. Whatsoever He speaks to us.."that speak ye for it is not ye that speak."

We don't wait for a future "hour" but rather wherever we are....be it in church, in homes, on forums...wherever He allows us to be led or delivered...we speak. The antichrists we face are in many places, perhaps not even knowing they are pretend Christians.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

The Holy Spirit dwells in us today, speaks to us today, walks in us today....therefore He puts words in our minds and we are to speak those words. The words are written but the Holy Spirit gives us revelation of the spiritual meaning of the written words. Whatsoever He speaks to us.."that speak ye for it is not ye that speak."

We don't wait for a future "hour" but rather wherever we are....be it in church, in homes, on forums...wherever He allows us to be led or delivered...we speak. The antichrists we face are in many places, perhaps not even knowing they are pretend Christians.

Hard to believe you would deny the coming of a specific Antichrist as John also mentions in that verse. Seems like I recall you once believed a singular antichrist was to come, apart from the many antichrists that represent his followers.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Hard to believe you would deny the coming of a specific Antichrist as John also mentions in that verse. Seems like I recall you once believed a singular antichrist was to come, apart from the many antichrists that represent his followers.

Did I deny that? I didn't comment on it. Rather, I commented on what being delivered up referred to.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
I would love to be able to do that, live off the land, in the country!

No matter where we are, God will provide, He has promised, that if we abide in Him and walk with His Spirit, He will meet all of our needs, either be in unpopulated areas or populated ones. This is the faith many of us seem to be missing, He will provide, we can rely on Him for everything!

As far as the "great falling away", I think it started happening when Jesus was resurrected, and it hasn't stopped, we are only seeing more of the division now, we are either on board with the Lord or we are not, we are seeing less of the middle or lukewarm people go to one side or the other, imo. As things begin to escalate, I think there will even more people not relying on the Lord, but instead the world for our needs, we are already seeing this as people look to our govt's for their needs instead of to the Lord.

You are close to correct Jake but for the fact that this falling away is from the true teachings of Christ in the church, and the New Covenant church did not come to be until 3 1/2 years after Jesus' death.

We have heard comments that this does not apply to the church and varied comments about when it began. So let me start by establishing what I said above, "this falling away is from the true teachings of Christ in the church".

If you ponder what Paul said there at 2 Thessalonians chapter 2 you can clearly see the following is what they would fall away from due to believing the lie:

2 Thessalonians 2:13 ¶But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
16 ¶Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

Paul was not a political commentator. Paul wrote about the gospel of Christ and things pertaining to it. And all he wrote was about protecting that gospel as the one hope by the one faith through the one spirit in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It was there then and visible to be seen: 2 Thessalonians 2:7 "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way."

This is the man of sin seen then: Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears."

This is from where the man of sin comes: 1 Corinthians 3:1 "And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 ¶Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?"

The man of sin can be accurately described as the flesh body of Adam standing up in the church trying to win control through popularity feel good preaching. And thus it is becomes as a false body of Christ.

Compare the following two passages: 2 Thessalonians 2:9 "Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved."

2 Corinthians 11:12 "But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

Christ's body, the church, is the temple: Ephesians 2:18 "For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.'

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga

Hello Whirlwind,what I'm referring to is the next time true tongues will be spoken,this is not happening now....

Mark 13:11 "But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost [Spirit]."

When this time comes into being in the very near future, it will not be the elect of God that does the speaking, but the Holy Spirit speaking in and through the mouths of His elect. Every one of these individuals will be delivered before these false councils before the final day of this earth age. This is why Peter would say to the people in Acts 2, on Pentecost day; "This is that which was spoken of by Joel the Prophet."

Acts 2:16: "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;"
We can read this prophecy in Joel 2:28-32. These sons and daughters shall speak in a cloven tongue, as recorded in Acts 2:6; meaning that the language that they shall speak in will need no interpreter, for every one that hears will hear in their native tongue of the dialect of the neighborhood they grew up in. This is the way that the gospel will go forth in the last days, for it is the evidence of the presence of the Holy Spirit. These sons and daughters will speak, as stated in Mark 13:11, but whatsoever words they do speak in that hour, it will be the Holy Spirit that speaks through them.

Acts 2:17"And it shall come to pass in the last days,' saith God, `I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and you old men shall dream dreams:"

Acts 2:18 "And on My servants and on My handmaidens I will pour out in those days of My Spirit; and they shall prophesy:"

Acts 2:19 "And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:"

Acts 2:20 "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:"

Acts 2:21 "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.' "
When the sons and daughter speak, it will be heard in every language and dialect in the world. This will not come from the mind of those people, but those people shall be willing witnesses that allow God to speak directly through them to the people. Thus the true gospel of Christ will be spoken. These trials will be made public to the world, and it will be as the two churches of Revelation 2:9; and 3:9 taught, and it is important that you know exactly what they did teach.

Those churches of Smyrna and Philadelphia taught about the synagogue of Satan, about those that claimed to be of God, of Judah, but lied and were not. These churches taught how you would know and identify who the Kenites were. Those Kenites claimed to be of Judah [Jews] but were a bunch of liars, who in fact were nothing more than the sons and daughters of Satan. They were members of the synagogue of Satan, they are the Kenites that are taking over the entire religious community, and it is time to wake up. We will be delivered up into their synagogues and tried before them. This is part of God's plan, whereby God can speak through you by the Holy Spirit.

http://www.theseason.org/mark/mark13.htm