21st Century Christianity - A brief manifesto for our age.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, why even try to become wealthy beyond your needs, if you do not covet the stuff wealthy people have?
Friend, I just answered that question.

Communisim is outward looking, about coveting what others have. Capitalism is inward looking, how to better your situation (independent of anyone else).

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The term is already defined. Feel free to look it up.

wikipedia has:

The term "Cultural Marxism" refers to a far-right antisemitic conspiracy theory which claims that Western Marxism is the basis of continuing academic and intellectual efforts to subvert Western culture.The conspiracy theory misrepresents the Frankfurt School as being responsible for modern progressive movements, identity politics, and political correctness, claiming there is an ongoing and intentional subversion of Western society via a planned culture war that undermines the Christian values of traditionalist conservatism and seeks to replace them with the culturally liberal values of the 1960s.

But I want to know what you mean by it.

I'll start another thread to answer this question.

So, where is it?

Best wishes, 2RM.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Friend, I just answered that question.

Communisim is outward looking, about coveting what others have. Capitalism is inward looking, how to better your situation (independent of anyone else).

Exactly. And why would you selfishly want to better your situation, regardless of anyone else's best interests, which capitalism promotes, unless you covet what others have?

Best wishes, 2RM

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes but still few decisions are made by the majority of people in the land.

Of course. It just wouldn't be pratical to run a nation as large and complex as the US if you had to resort to the ballot box for every matter the country is confronted with. Which is why you vote for senators, congressmen and a president to take those decisions on your behalf. That is what is meant by the term: 'representative democracy'.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. It just wouldn't be pratical to run a nation as large and complex as the US if you had to resort to the ballot box for every matter the country is confronted with. Which is why you vote for senators, congressmen and a president to take those decisions on your behalf. That is what is meant by the term: 'representative democracy'.

Best wishes, 2RM.
It’s not about practicality. A representative democracy is NOT what America is or ever was.

I realize it takes more sophisticated thinking to embrace a good ruling mechanism that is not majority based. However, that is what a republic is.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I realize it takes more sophisticated thinking to embrace a good ruling mechanism that is not majority based. However, that is what a republic is.

Go on then. Explain to my poor 2ndRateMind exactly what the difference is between a republic that decides who shall lead it by democratic means, and a democracy?

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go on then. Explain to my poor 2ndRateMind exactly what the difference is between a republic that decides who shall lead it by democratic means, and a democracy?

Best wishes, 2RM.
I already have. To simplify further, it comes down to RULING MECHANISM.

Monarchy - Rule By Fiat or Proclamation by the Sovereign of Absolute power.

Democracy - Rule by Majority.

Republic - - Rule By Law.

The Founding Father’s wrote about the detestable drawbacks to a democracy. They replaced the British Monarchy with a Republic.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I already have. To simplify further, it comes down to RULING MECHANISM.

Monarchy - Rule By Fiat or Proclamation by the Sovereign of Absolute power.

Democracy - Rule by Majority.

Republic - - Rule By Law.

The Founding Father’s wrote about the detestable drawbacks to a democracy. They replaced the British Monarchy with a Republic.

Hmmm, stlll not entirely sure what the difference is. In a democracy, the people choose the legislature to make laws on their behalf. In a democratic republic, the same thing happens. In both cases, if the people don't like the laws they get, they get the chance, every so often, to change the legislature.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, stlll not entirely sure what the difference is.

Rule by majority. Not rule by majority. See the difference?

Examples of anti-trinitarian ruling mechanisms:
  • Veto
  • Electoral Collage
  • Jury requiring unanimous vote
  • 3/4 for Amendment
  • 1/5 to record votes on a bill (non-verbal ascension.)
  • 18: Age Voting duty applies
    25: Age for Representative
  • 30: Age for Senator
  • 35: Age for President

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rule by majority. Not rule by majority. See the difference?

Examples of anti-trinitarian ruling mechanisms:
  • Veto
  • Electoral Collage
  • Jury requiring unanimous vote
  • 3/4 for Amendment
  • 1/5 to record votes on a bill (non-verbal ascension.)
  • 18: Age Voting duty applies
    25: Age for Representative
  • 30: Age for Senator
  • 35: Age for President
But every democracy has these kinds of rules and arrangements iin place to prevent the legitimate interests of minorities being ridden rougshod over by the majority. So what?

Best wishes, 2RM

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But every democracy has these kinds of rules in place to prevent the legitimate interests of minorities being ridden rougshod over by the majority. So what?

Best wishes, 2RM
So, what you are calling a democracy is actually a republic. A democracy is tyranny by numbers. Therefore, what the Buddha said remains valid, the beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

You are in a dark place. Your mind, twisted by the penetrating depth of the evil of this world. The Bible says seek the truth and the truth will set you free. The problem in this world is NOT a redistribution of wealth. That's just communism 101: appeal to people's covetous nature. Cultural Marxism 101: pit social groups against each other.

Do you see the common theme of the devil, divide? Thus, God is a uniter.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, what you are calling a democracy is actually a republic. A democracy is tyranny by numbers. Therefore, what the Buddha said remains valid, the beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Most democracies are republics. That is quite true. By accident of history, ours happens to be a constitutional monarcy with an unwritten constitution. But it is still a democracy. And so is your republic.

As for the term, republic; well it seems to mean different things to different people. Yours is a particularly narrow interpretation of the word. Check out this article.

The problem in this world is NOT a redistribution of wealth.

It's certainly not the only problem. But, in the interests of social justice, and to ease God's pain, along with our wise stewardship of His world, it is one that I would like to see tackled by the Church as a matter of priority.

And I really thought we had got past this whole Communism/Cultural Marxism thing. But it appears not. I would point out, though, that it is quite common among protagonists who are losing/have lost their argument to call their antagonists names and ascribe to them fictitious motivations.

Thus, God is a uniter.

Indeed He is. As am I. But you cannot unite people under injustice, except by force. And, as I have previously said, God's Kingdom of Heaven on Earth must be voluntary, or it is not God's, and it is not Heaven. You are therefore perfectly at liberty not to be part of it, if that is your decision.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Elite’s Depopulation Agenda Now Irrefutable | The Liberty Beacon

There are lots of articles that have surfaced over the last two years about the deadly vaccines and an active campaign to silence them. There are fraudulent fact checkers, so be warned. Thus is one way to depopulate, but many ways have been introduced into the world in our generation to at least slow down the growth. Maybe grab a book that may put it all into perspective.

Killing Us Softly: The Global Depopulation Policy: Galalae, Kevin Mugur: 9781615770502: Amazon.com: Books
I have now finished reading this book, and propose to start that new thread for anyone who wishes, to discuss it.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have now finished reading this book, and propose to start that new thread for anyone who wishes, to discuss it.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Did you accept the information ... a least some of it ... or reject it? I mean you have to agree that abortion alone has depopulated the world by about 1 billion in the last 50 years?
Here is another tidbit of info - don't know if it's in that book or not. Dr. Carrie Madej said that in her research, she found that there is no record of anyone ever dying of Tetnus, the inflection claimed to cause lockjaw. Yet we are given this vaccination after getting cuts or puncture wounds from metal, rusty nails, or just as a preventative assurance in case of a future accident. I guess this supposed virus just lives on rusty nails or metal for weeks, months and years, waiting for this accident to happen so it can invade the host and do its thing? What Dr. Medej found was that this Tetnus vaccine was specifically designed instead to cause miscarriages, sterility ... depopulation! This _ unbeknownst to doctors _ who administer it with the false presumption of thinking they are preventing an infection, readily administer it to EVERYONE AND ADVISE PERIOD BOOSTER SHOTS THROUGHOUT OUR LIVES as they do with many other vaccines as well.
Now the THEY "Government/backed by the CDC and BIG PHARMA" are trying to make it mandatory for children to receive Covid-19 vaccinations along with the long list they already have, when the risk of Covid-19 death among children is 0.01%.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The purpose of starting the new thread was so that these kind of matters could be discussed on that thread.

Best wishes, 2RM.