21st Century Christianity - A brief manifesto for our age.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgive my scepticism, but people have been prophesying the second coming every few years since the crucifixion.
You are forgiven. You are actually very polite and reasonable trying to work through these concepts. It's good. Yes the Second Coming has been a belief and anticipation of many genereations. But the could not see the signs that we do today, which are many. particularly the State of Israel, reborn in 1948. I won't go into the long list of signs but will bring up the most important sign, Matthew 24:14. This has never happened in any other generation, it recently has in ours.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the world is hierarchical, and the lower cannot appreciate the higher.

So you say. The facts betray your communist advocating. Before the greedy capitalists needed workers, what were the lowly doing that made accepting the ‘exploitative’ wages worth them voluntarily accepting?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I really don't want power. Or wealth. Or fame. Or any such sop to ego. I just want as many as possible to enjoy God's Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.

You know you cannot do that without God, right?

Makes one wonder why you keep striving for a man-made solution antithetical to God’s word?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Government funded rehab sounds great. Now if you get that, how do you make people go to rehab who do not want to?
Rest assured that if its govt funded rehab the rehabiliation into accepting lgbtq will be in it . ALL part of what they consider
a healthy return to society . THE BIBLE WONT BE IN IT . But the agenda would be . I dont think its too long
before they start trying to set up re education and put folks who cling to bibles into such places
so as they can rehabliate them back to the all inclusive society .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It won't happen. The Elite world leaders won't give up what they have. You think Bill Gates will? He is an atheist. I suspect Besos and Musk are too. The Rothschild family is worth hundreds of billions if not into the trillions. They live as barons in castles. You think people like King Charles are going to dissolve their wealth, divvy it up and live in a 1300 sq. ft. 3 bedroom home and drive a low-end emission electric vehicle?

Apparently, Bill Gates claims he is a Christian. And is in the process of giving away the overwhelming bulk of his money. And judging by what I know of the work of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, I think he is perfectly entitled to make that claim. Geoff Bezos and Elon Musk seem to be a little more nuanced in their public statements about whatever faith, if any, they may espouse. Musk says he believes in the God of Spinoza, but approves of (some of) Jesus' teachings. (However, judging by the interview I saw, I doubt he has ever read Spinoza, or realises how incompatible he is with Jesus). King Charles has responsibility for a lot of our nation's heritage, and arguably needs a good deal of money to preserve and protect that heritage. Though whether He needs the whole of the Crown Estates' estimated £28 billion fortune to do that is debatable. The King's personal net worth is said to be around £600 million, which certainly seems excessive.

No, the elites want to get the population down by 90% in order for their Utopian model to work. Still the masses will live equally, but not the elites in charge.

I'll believe you the moment you provide the forum with sufficient documentary evidence for this contention.

There is a better world coming, the Millennial Kingdom, ruled by Jesus, with only Christians on earth, living in peace and harmony - no predatory animals either. This is our yearning, for a perfect world, that we can't fix. Only Jesus can.

Actually animal predators play a very important role in the ecosystem, limiting the population sizes of other animals that would otherwise consume their way into extinction. And given that humans are probably the most successful of all animal predators you'd better hope that predators are allowed to continue on.

If we all think we can't fix it - a council of despair - then of course, we can't. Fortunately we are not all quite so pessimistic as you. But, I have to say, I don't think the world will ever be wholly perfect, or we would have nothing important and significant left to do with our lives, only mundane and trivial and boring stuff to waste our time with until we die. Here's a paradox for you to consider: Maybe God's world is perfect because it's imperfect?

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Man can't fix the world with sin in it.

It is certainly true that we are all sinners. But we all have virtues, too. And we have different sins, and different virtues. So we can compensate for each other's failings, and build on each other's strengths. And that is how we make social progress.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, Bill Gates claims he is a Christian. And is in the process of giving away the overwhelming bulk of his money. And judging by what I know of the work of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, I think he is perfectly entitled to make that claim. Geoff Bezos and Elon Musk seem to be a little more nuanced in their public statements about whatever faith, if any, they may espouse. Musk says he believes in the God of Spinoza, but approves of Jesus' teachings. King Charles has responsibility for a lot of our nation's heritage, and arguably needs a good deal of money to preserve and protect that heritage. Though whether He needs the whole of his estimated £28 billion fortune to do that is debatable.

I'll believe you the moment you provide the forum with sufficient documentary evidence for this contention.

Actually animal predators play a very important role in the ecosystem, limiting the population sizes of other animals that would otherwise consume their way into extinction. And given that humans are probably the most successful of all animal predators you'd better hope that predators are allowed to continue on.

If we all think we can't fix it - a council of despair - then of course, we can't. Fortunately we are not all quite so pessimistic as you. But, I have to say, I don't think the world will ever be wholly perfect, or we would have nothing important and significant to do with our lives, only mundane and trivial and boring stuff to waste our time with until we die. Here's a paradox for you to consider: Maybe God's world is perfect because it's imperfect?

Best wishes, 2RM.
The Elite’s Depopulation Agenda Now Irrefutable | The Liberty Beacon

There are lots of articles that have surfaced over the last two years about the deadly vaccines and an active campaign to silence them. There are fraudulent fact checkers, so be warned. Thus is one way to depopulate, but many ways have been introduced into the world in our generation to at least slow down the growth. Maybe grab a book that may put it all into perspective.

https://www.amazon.com/Killing-Us-Softly-Global-Depopulation/dp/161577050X

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To me, I regret I have to say, this artcle does not amount to evidence, just a collection of unsubstantiated allegations.
There are lots of articles that have surfaced over the last two years about the deadly vaccines and an active campaign to silence them. There are fraudulent fact checkers, so be warned. Thus is one way to depopulate, but many ways have been introduced into the world in our generation to at least slow down the growth. Maybe grab a book that may put it all into perspective.

https://www.amazon.com/Killing-Us-Softly-Global-Depopulation/dp/161577050X
I have bought the book. It should arrive tomorrow. When I've read it, I propose to open up a new thread where all those interested can discuss it.

Best wishes, 2RM

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So you say. The facts betray your communist advocating. Before the greedy capitalists needed workers, what were the lowly doing that made accepting the ‘exploitative’ wages worth them voluntarily accepting?

This book is the classic response to that question. As it happens, I haven't read it yet, so I ordered it this morning. My current understanding, though, is that the lowly had a perfectly viable artisinal way of life, though somewhat more precarious than that we mostly live today in the developed world. Anyway, the commons (where they kept their livestock) were illegally enclosed by industrialists and who needed wool for for their mills, and they were evicted by force friom their housing by landlords who needed labour for their factories. Homeless and without their livlihoods they had no option but to migrate to the cities and take whatever work they could find, at whatever pay rate was offered.

Best wishes, 2RM

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Such thinking led to Original Sin. You don’t know what is good.

Hmmm. And I thought the whole idea of eating the forbidden fruit was that humanity would know the difference between good and evil? But, while I would not claim to know as much as God does on the topic, I think I have a reasonably decent grasp on the matter.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me, I regret I have to say, this artcle does not amount to evidence, just a collection of unsubstantiated allegations.

I have bought the book. It should arrive tomorrow. When I've read it, I propose to open up a new thread where all those interested can discuss it.

Best wishes, 2RM
Also I listened to many interviews of several doctors listed in that article who came forward and have took a stand against these vaccines. There have been actually 100k doctors and nurses that are against the vaccines, many who who have been forced to leave their careers unless they take the jab and shut their mouths.
I have seen first hand very serious side effects from the vaccine in my family. My wife has known many who have died. VAERS tells us that likely hundreds of thousands of deaths have happened just in the USA since the start of the vaccines. The numbers of deaths from Covid-19 (in 2020) are skewed. You can look at the decrease in the numbers of deahs caused by major illnesses that mysteriously dropped and have been replaced by Covid-19. The hospitals got paid tens of thousands extra per Covid death - this is corrupt. So if you died from cancer, a heart attack, a car accident and tested positive for Covid-19, your death was logged as a Covid-19 cause. The testing itself was skewed and inaccurate showing many to be positive that weren't even sick to create fear and compliance. There is a dark side to this that is being hidden by Big Pharma, the hospitals who must comply, the media and social networks. Beneath the surface is an evil power and influence ...

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will accept good ideas from anywhere, whatever their provenance, and reject bad ideas from anywhere, whatever their provenance.

Such thinking led to Original Sin. You don’t know what is good.

Hmmm. And I thought the whole idea of eating the forbidden fruit was that humanity would know the difference between good and evil?

The lesson to be learned from the story of Original Sin is faith in God is more important than knowledge.

The whole idea of eating the fruit came from the devil, who appealed to Eve’s covetous desire to displace God. The devil appealed to her pride, her God complex that she could rule as good or better than her creator IF ONLY for this attribute, which the mean god kept her from.

My point is that Satan can make a bad idea seem good, which is why people don’t truly know what is good. The lesson is, if it is not from God, it is not good.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you going to accept my challenge? If not, why not?

Challenge? Do you mean this?

You identified a real problem. I told you the cause of that problem. Now, if you really care about it, and the people afflicted by it, it's up to you to sort it out.

The biggest problem in America is not the unequal distribution of wealth but Cultural Marxists poisoning the fabric of society, appealing to people’s covetous nature.

The solution is to give such people as little power as possible, starting with an austere government who has no debt.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It may be antithetical to what you think is God's word, but it is entirely consistent with what I think is God's word.

Of course you have to make an Appeal to Subjectivism. The fact is, Christianity’s focus on the salvation of a single soul, the individual. The commands are individual and not collective.

When Jesus says to help the poor, he does not mean to form an oligarchy with power to take the fruit of labor from the collective and distribute it in a way that seems best to them. He’s talking about you individually sacrificing in a voluntarily way to help. See the difference?