21st Century Christianity - A brief manifesto for our age.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When Jesus says to help the poor, he does not mean to form an oligarchy with power to take the fruit of labor from the collective and distribute it in a way that seems best to them. He’s talking about you individually sacrificing in a voluntarily way to help. See the difference?

Of course. Where have I suggested anything otherwise? Only problem is, we have known since Dickens, individual philanthropy is not enough to rescue the poor. And I very much doubt it will be enough to stop the poisoning of our ecosphere by our hyper-capitalist system. So, governments have a proper role to play, too. As does civil society, including the media. As does the Church. When we come together as a voluntary collective, we can accomplish so much more than as a bunch of disparate individuals, how ever well intentioned we all may be. That's the way corporates work, and how they have managed to mess up God's world. And that's how we must work, to undo that damage.

Best wishes, 2RM.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Challenge? Do you mean this?

Yup.

The biggest problem in America is not the unequal distribution of wealth but Cultural Marxists poisoning the fabric of society, appealing to people’s covetous nature.

You are not answering my question. Presumably because you do not intend to take up my challenge. But maybe you are right. Maybe the biggest problem in America is 'Cultural Marxists'. So, what do you mean by this term? And how are they 'poisoning the fabric of society'? And do you not think capitalism also appeals to humanity's 'covetous nature'?

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
...faith in God is more important than knowledge.

I don't deny that. But I would disagree with the implcation that only faith in God is important, and one shouldn't bother to acquire knowledge at all. Or we would all still be shivering in caves, hungry and frightened by that big world out there.

The whole idea of eating the fruit came from the devil
, who appealed to Eve’s covetous desire to displace God. The devil appealed to her pride, her God complex that she could rule as good or better than her creator IF ONLY for this attribute, which the mean god kept her from.
So, in your opinion, were Adam and Eve sinful before they ate of the fruit, or after? If before, as you seem to think, what difference would the eating make, other than that they knew of their sinfulness, and knew it to be evil? Which, to my mind, would be a good step forward. If after, as from what I can make out, traditional Christianity thinks, and sin entered the world with the eating, you might have a point. But what 'covetous desire' could this speaking serpent have appealed to? What 'pride' or 'God complex' could Eve have had?

Either way, It needs to be noted that this myth has led to centuries of misanthropy, and particularly misogyny, among both Jews and particularly Christians, and the sooner we are all rid of it, the better. Particularly now we have better theories than Genesis to account for the origins and nature of humanity.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Also I listened to many interviews of several doctors listed in that article who came forward and have took a stand against these vaccines. There have been actually 100k doctors and nurses that are against the vaccines, many who who have been forced to leave their careers unless they take the jab and shut their mouths.
I have seen first hand very serious side effects from the vaccine in my family. My wife has known many who have died. VAERS tells us that likely hundreds of thousands of deaths have happened just in the USA since the start of the vaccines. The numbers of deaths from Covid-19 (in 2020) are skewed. You can look at the decrease in the numbers of deahs caused by major illnesses that mysteriously dropped and have been replaced by Covid-19. The hospitals got paid tens of thousands extra per Covid death - this is corrupt. So if you died from cancer, a heart attack, a car accident and tested positive for Covid-19, your death was logged as a Covid-19 cause. The testing itself was skewed and inaccurate showing many to be positive that weren't even sick to create fear and compliance. There is a dark side to this that is being hidden by Big Pharma, the hospitals who must comply, the media and social networks. Beneath the surface is an evil power and influence ...

I'll postpone the continuation of this discussion, if I may, until I have read the book you recommended I should read.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only problem is, we have known since Dickens, individual philanthropy is not enough to rescue the poor.
It's not a problem as the poor do not need to be rescued by their fellow man.

So, governments have a proper role to play, too.

Not even a little bit. The role of government is to help us protect our rights, not distribute our wealth against our will.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we come together as a voluntary collective, we can accomplish so much more than as a bunch of disparate individuals, how ever well intentioned we all may be.

Voluntary being the key word, which makes it necessarily makes it NGO - non-government entity. Government is the EXACT opposite of voluntary.

That's the way corporates work, and how they have managed to mess up God's world. And that's how we must work, to undo that damage.
Friend, you are so lost. The richest countries in the world have the healthiest environments.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Elite’s Depopulation Agenda Now Irrefutable | The Liberty Beacon

There are lots of articles that have surfaced over the last two years about the deadly vaccines and an active campaign to silence them. There are fraudulent fact checkers, so be warned. Thus is one way to depopulate, but many ways have been introduced into the world in our generation to at least slow down the growth. Maybe grab a book that may put it all into perspective.

https://www.amazon.com/Killing-Us-Softly-Global-Depopulation/dp/161577050X
I have just that book . the BOOK that puts all things in perspective . THE BIBLE . FEAST ON IT and LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is certainly true that we are all sinners. But we all have virtues, too. And we have different sins, and different virtues. So we can compensate for each other's failings, and build on each other's strengths. And that is how we make social progress.

Best wishes, 2RM.
THE ONLY VIRTUE I HAVE COMETH OF THE LORD . There simply is nothing good in me , BUT THE SPIRIT OF GOD that indwells me .
IF that offends this world then so be it . BUt the TRUTH is there is nuttin good in man . ALL NEED CHRIST .

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Voluntary being the key word, which makes it necessarily makes it NGO - non-government entity. Government is the EXACT opposite of voluntary.

You vote for it. In a secret ballot. If you don't like the government you get, you can vote in another. Seems like a voluntary enough arrangement to me.

The richest countries in the world have the healthiest environments.

Indeed. Largely because they manage to export their pollution to poorer countries who need the manufacturing jobs. And because their governments are not so dysfunctional, as is often the case in the developing world.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup.

You identified a real problem. I told you the cause of that problem. Now, if you really care about it, and the people afflicted by it, it's up to you to sort it out.

You are not answering my question. Presumably because you do not intend to take up my challenge. [/QUOTE]

I am and answered it in Post # 159.

But maybe you are right. Maybe the biggest problem in America is 'Cultural Marxists'. So, what do you mean by this term?

The term is already defined. Feel free to look it up.

And how are they 'poisoning the fabric of society'?

I'll start another thread to answer this question.

And do you not think capitalism also appeals to humanity's 'covetous nature'?

No. Capitalism appeals to human ambition, self-interest, ego-ism. Capitalism only works because of respect for private property. If not for private property rights, capital would be a liability. One would be putting a target on themselves. Hey, everybody. I got more than I need come and take it by force. Not the foundation for motivating people toward the virtue of savings.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
THE ONLY VIRTUE I HAVE COMETH OF THE LORD . There simply is nothing good in me , BUT THE SPIRIT OF GOD that indwells me .
IF that offends this world then so be it . BUt the TRUTH is there is nuttin good in man . ALL NEED CHRIST .
ENOUGH WITH THE SOCIAL GOSPEL of hell . TIME to preach the true gospel and all that our LORD did teach .

Don't shout. And do at least try to make your points respectfully and reasonably.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You vote for it. In a secret ballot. If you don't like the government you get, you can vote in another. Seems like a voluntary enough arrangement to me.

You are so lost. Democracy is evil. Hitler was voted into power. Does that mean that everything he did after was good.

America is not, nor has ever been a democracy. America is and always has been a Constitutionally limitied republic based on limited governemnt and individual rights.

Indeed. Largely because they manage to export their pollution to poorer countries
Untrue.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't shout. And do at least try to make your points respectfully and reasonably.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Okay here it is in lower case letters . I shun the social gospel to hell . Time we learn our bibles and that Jesus .
Time we preach and teach The biblical Christ and the biblical gospel and all teachings of Christ as well as the apostels .

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No. Capitalism appeals to human ambition, self-interest, ego-ism. Capitalism only works because of respect for private property. If not for private property rights, capital would be a liability. One would be putting a target on themselves. Hey, everybody. I got more than I need come and take it by force. Not the foundation for motivating people toward the virtue of savings.

So, why even try to become wealthy beyond your needs, if you do not covet the stuff wealthy people have?

Best wishes, 2RM.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Okay here it is in lower case letters . I shun the social gospel to hell . Time we learn our bibles and that Jesus .
Time we preach and teach The biblical Christ and the biblical gospel and all teachings of Christ as well as the apostels .

Thank you. That was gracious of you.

So here is a parable for you, which Jesus told (Luke 16:19-31 KJV)

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Best wishes, 2RM.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are so lost. Democracy is evil. Hitler was voted into power. Does that mean that everything he did after was good.

America is not, nor has ever been a democracy. America is and always has been a Constitutionally limitied republic based on limited governemnt and individual rights.

Untrue.
Too many folks are buying the lie my friend . The social gospel as well as the socially engineering that has occured within all societies
of the western nations , has led folks to a LIE .
This is why folks attack the old system in hopes for the new system . The very system that will FAIL THEM TOO .
THIS system aint for us , its for the ELITES . ONLY just as hilter and others have done
THEY KNOW how to make it seem like its for our good . THEY have long been at work .
THEY broke down absolute truth . THEY Did this in the classrooms as well as within the churches .
THEN once there is no concept of absolute truth , THEY REMOLD it ABSOLUTELY to SUIT THEIR GOAL and their agenda .
FOLKS FELL FOR A LIE . WHY Do you really think the CC and even our so called protestant realm
NOW Lead us into this social gospel . This all inclusive false love we are one gospel is a lie
BUT ITS MEANT to create a mindset by which both the secular and all religoions will serve a common goal .
AND that common goal , IS FOR THEM . Folks have no idea what is going on in this world , much less do the churches .
THEY keep hoping in the very govts and men , WHO though they cry its for you , THEY DO IT FOR THEMSELVES .
WOE WAIL the WORLD that shows GOD the back and trusts in men and follows and hopes in men .
THIS world aint gonna make it .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. That was gracious of you.

So here is a parable for you, which Jesus told (Luke 16:19-31 KJV)

Best wishes, 2RM.
I agree with that . The problem is yalls social gospel omits many other things both Christ and the apostels taught .
I used to be in boy scouts . I did good to folks . I was raised and taught to take care of the elderly , help the poor
and we did . YET I WAS STILL lost . the problem with the social gospel is , it aint leading anyone to CHRIST .
IT just says do good . It accepts sins . Any sinner can give to the poor . I DID .
yalls gospel has naught to do with Christ . It might have some good works , but it knows not GOD , not CHRIST
and it sure aint good . IT accepts homosexuality , it accepts other religoins as valid . what a lie that is .
And before you think that all them good works is gonna save one , read about cornelious .
Cornelious actually did good . AND he prayed to the jewish one true GOD . truth is GOD was not angry at cornelious .
His alms and good works were good . But he still lacked something . Something that Would save HIM and his household .
IF the works of cornelious alone could have saved him , WHY did he have to send for peter
to hear words whereby HE and His household would be saved . Exactly . pope francis is a liar as are many within the protestant realm
who have sucked up this false social gospel from hell itself . I aint against good works .
TRUTH is , if folks holler JESUS yet walk in darkness and do evil , they dont know him .
BUT SO Do those who have not faith in Christ . this social all inclusive gospel is a lie from hell , AS is this wicked prosperity gospel .
TRUTH IS , its time to open bibles and learn JESUS For ourselves . learn all the apostels wrote us as well . learn it all and embrace it all .

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hitler was voted into power. Does that mean that everything he did after was good.

Of course not. But the moment he was voted in Hitler set about turning Gemany into an autocratic disctatorship. Germans never once had the opportunity to vote him out again.

America is not, nor has ever been a democracy. America is and always has been a Constitutionally limitied republic based on limited governement and individual rights.

You are splitting hairs. You vote for your president and federal administration. You vote for your Senators and Congressmen. You vote for your state governments. You vote for mayors, and sometimes even police chiefs. In fact, you do a heck of a lot of voting for a country that 'is not, nor has ever been a democracy'. Despite Trump's ambition and attempts to make it otherwise.

Democracy is evil.
It's not perfect, I admit. But it's only evil if the people you vote into power are evil. And what is your alternative to democracy?.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited: