• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
10: 5 """"" Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ"""

The context is :

1. ) "every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God"

2.) " obedient to Christ".

So, what thoughts, in the "time of the Gentiles" are pretension, that need to be made obedient to Christ?

This verse is talking about Fake Gospels.......False Gospels.

A False Gospel is a Gospel of Religion, or a Gospel of Self Effort.....where the Faith of this theology does not seek God's Grace, but seeks SELF Grace.

"Self Grace" is ....."what do I DO, ... to try to CAUSE GOD to accept me and keep Me".

So, that is every "Another Gospel" that Paul describes in Galatian 1:8.

That is every Gospel that does not give full and all credit due = to Christ alone for saving you and keeping you saved.

Here are a few ... and they are all one Definition... its this... : LEGALISM

"you must be water baptized to go to heaven"

" you must keep the law and commandments, to go to heaven"

"you must join THIS Church, to go to Heaven".

"you must endure to the end, to go to heaven"

"" HERE IS WHAT YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU.....MUST....MUST.....MUST.....DO......DO... DO.......OR .... DON'T DO....TO TRY TO SAVE YOURSELF AND KEEP YOURSELF SAVED"..

See that? That is Self Saving. That is the person up on the Cross trying to save self by SELF EFFORT.
This is Legalism.

So, all that is the pretension that sets itself up in the THOUGHT PROCESS that is against God , so....this must be brought down to = FAITH IN CHRIST ALONE... as that is the "obedient to Christ" context of the verse.

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK and HisLife

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
10: 5 """"" Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ"""

The context is :

So, what thoughts, in the "time of the Gentiles" are pretension, that need to be made obedient to Christ?

A False Gospel is a Gospel of Religion, or a Gospel of Self Effort.....where the Faith of this theology does not seek God's Grace, but seeks SELF Grace.

"Self Grace" is ....."what do I DO, ... to try to CAUSE GOD to accept me and keep Me".

That is every Gospel that does not give full and all credit due = to Christ alone for saving you and keeping you saved.

"" HERE IS WHAT YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU.....MUST....MUST.....MUST.....DO......DO... DO.......OR .... DON'T DO....TO TRY TO SAVE YOURSELF AND KEEP YOURSELF SAVED"..

See that? That is Self Saving. That is the person up on the Cross trying to save self by SELF EFFORT.
This is Legalism.

So, all that is the pretension that sets itself up in the THOUGHT PROCESS that is against God , so....this must be brought down to = FAITH IN CHRIST ALONE... as that is the "obedient to Christ" context of the verse.

One cannot choose to go to heaven Behold, but we can choose life. Paul made us very aware that Christians will not participate in carnal warfare, but we are engaged heavily in a spiritual warfare, that is the basic meaning of 2 Cor 10:5. Christians have the responsibility to wear the weapons of our warfare Eph 6:13-17 and use these to overturn those strongly entrenched things that satan has promoted, such as telling others that heaven is offered to them. God chooses those who will serve as Kings and Priests in His Kingdom.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
One cannot choose to go to heaven Behold,

Since the Cross was raised, everyone who goes there believing in Christ, has chosen to go to Heaven.

Thats the only way to go., or as Jesus says..."no man (person) comes to the FATHER, (who is in Heaven)....but by ME".

See that?
That is John 14:6.
He's talking to you, Robert., as i already responded to the Gospel....to the invitation.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

The context is :

This is Legalism.

All these and so much more! Notr only legalism, but using grace as a license to sin! Establishing our own sense of morality apart from Scripture.

Trusting in our own wisdom instead of the word and on and on it goes! Anythought that would establish itself contrary to the word is a though that needs casting down.

Reactions: marks

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the Cross was raised, everyone who goes there believing in Christ, has chosen to go to Heaven.

Thats the only way to go., or as Jesus says..."no man (person) comes to the FATHER, (who is in Heaven)....but by ME".

See that?
That is John 14:6.
He's talking to you, Robert., as i already responded to the Gospel....to the invitation.

Sorry behold, the Bible only records 144k as leaving the earth. Actually God selects them. In order to "respond" to the Gospel, one must know it, and obey it. I believe we can agree on that.

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

The context is :

This is Legalism.

Note 1 Corinthians 2:6-8; 2 Timothy 2:24-26 of which support and help explain 2 Corinthians 10:5.