6 trillion dollars...20 years...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's the cost in money, wasted time and resources, misdirected focus, missiapplied effort, to keep two wars going in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Since those two wars started in 2001, 114,000 active duty and retired military veterans committed suicide. In other words, we killed more of our own BECAUSE we allowed those wars to cause insanity in our own troops, enough so, that those kids killed themselves.
The mental and physical toll on the nation and in families are inestimable.

And for what????

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the cost in money, wasted time and resources, misdirected focus, missiapplied effort, to keep two wars going in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Since those two wars started in 2001, 114,000 active duty and retired military veterans committed suicide. In other words, we killed more of our own BECAUSE we allowed those wars to cause insanity in our own troops, enough so, that those kids killed themselves.

And for what????

It's because of a breakdown of grisseled old timers not being able to lead the kids in a rough manner to toughen them up for the rigors of fighting. Instead of discipline and self control and overcoming its become a place of articles and humiliation and big daddy government.

These days you got a bunch of kids playing video games sent out together after getting them to actually hit the books and gym at the same time...dump them in a war zone, where life is cheap, and expect them to perform.

Then on top of all this there are a lot of homosexuals in the military anymore. And despite the many reports of the mental instabilities of this group of individuals they have allowed them access into the military anyway. Not even as cannon fodder but actually in command positions of leadership...and they have flocked in because that's where the men are.

Then on top of this...tank crews and other mortars and howitzers have to get legal permission to do the jobs that they have been assigned. Not allowing them to actually hit the bad guys until they have given warning shots.

All of these sorts of things together make it difficult to hold any form of sanity.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's because of a breakdown of grisseled old timers not being able to lead the kids in a rough manner to toughen them up for the rigors of fighting. Instead of discipline and self control and overcoming its become a place of articles and humiliation and big daddy government.

These days you got a bunch of kids playing video games sent out together after getting them to actually hit the books and gym at the same time...dump them in a war zone, where life is cheap, and expect them to perform.

Then on top of all this there are a lot of homosexuals in the military anymore. And despite the many reports of the mental instabilities of this group of individuals they have allowed them access into the military anyway. Not even as cannon fodder but actually in command positions of leadership...and they have flocked in because that's where the men are.

Then on top of this...tank crews and other mortars and howitzers have to get legal permission to do the jobs that they have been assigned. Not allowing them to actually hit the bad guys until they have given warning shots.

All of these sorts of things together make it difficult to hold any form of sanity.
I guess it all goes back to Vietnam. Or at least the public loathing vets received when they got back. And then for some of them to learn that it was all about nothing more than a Catholic Vatican attempt to hold up a corrupt Catholic government must have been a real kick in the guts. I still remember the songs from that era...
And it's 1,2,3, what are we fighting for,
Dunno and I don't give a damn,
We're off to Vietnam.
And it's 5,6,7, open up the pearly Gates,
Ohh, there ain't no time to wonder why woopee we're all gonna die.

Thing is, war sucks. Seldom had war been for a noble cause. Usually thousand have died in order to prop up corrupt governments... Take control of legitimate Governments... Steal land or resources.
I would say that in recent history... Say the last 300 years... The American revolution and civil war were possibly inevitable and somewhat justified... The two world wars justified... And that's about it.
The military complex is nothing but a money laundering machine for big business. You'll find weapons on both sides of a conflict manufactured in the same street you were born in. Soldiers today, be they marine or mercenary are but pawns to be sacrificed in the name of whatever gods the corporations are worshipping.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it all goes back to Vietnam. Or at least the public loathing vets received when they got back. And then for some of them to learn that it was all about nothing more than a Catholic Vatican attempt to hold up a corrupt Catholic government must have been a real kick in the guts. I still remember the songs from that era...
And it's 1,2,3, what are we fighting for,
Dunno and I don't give a damn,
We're off to Vietnam.
And it's 5,6,7, open up the pearly Gates,
Ohh, there ain't no time to wonder why woopee we're all gonna die.

Thing is, war sucks. Seldom had war been for a noble cause. Usually thousand have died in order to prop up corrupt governments... Take control of legitimate Governments... Steal land or resources.
I would say that in recent history... Say the last 300 years... The American revolution and civil war were possibly inevitable and somewhat justified... The two world wars justified... And that's about it.
The military complex is nothing but a money laundering machine for big business. You'll find weapons on both sides of a conflict manufactured in the same street you were born in. Soldiers today, be they marine or mercenary are but pawns to be sacrificed in the name of whatever gods the corporations are worshipping.

I don't know about all that....
Sometimes military is used as a result of a really bad foreign policy.
The gulf war was a direct result of a series of bad foreign policy decisions. Of course Sadaam was going to take his frustrations out on Kuwait...we left him with no other choice or option. They were openly stealing from his country. (At USA's request)

Then we have yet another series of failure in Asia still.
North Korea and South Korea
Taiwan, Hong Kong, and PRC.

If Taiwan and Hong Kong were able to do so they could get together and actually purchase the PRC and then run the show...but both were left bereft of any military courses of action. Barely a police force.
Nevermind that Russia is there watching And waiting for opportunities from weakness.

I'm not sure if there's any of those rich deposits if uranium left in Afghanistan or not. (We had some in colorado) I know that there are a ton of gemstones left that go ignored. (Mostly rubies and emeralds)

Otherwise it's just sheep and goats.

Currently the old technology of building nuclear weapons is going strong in Iran and Pakistan. For poor reasons...and it will be our undoing.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And for what????
How many people did God off at Sodom?