Failed Prophecies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo said:
If Scripture says we can't know the "DAY or the HOUR", can we know the Week; Month; Season; Year (1); Decade (10); Score (20); Century (100); Daytona (500); and Millennia (1,000)?​
n2thelight said:
... NO!!!! ... but we should know the season ...​

If I understand your position correctly, -- there's NOTHING in Scripture which says we can't know the "WEEK", but you insist we can't know the week? Are there any other aspects in which your Doctrines supersede Scripture?

Please consider the seriousness of your apparent UNSCRIPTURAL assertion in context of what the Disciple John wrote:

Rev. 22:18 I warn every one who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if any one adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, ...

And don't get me wrong. I don't know the "week", and I don't particularly care to know the "week". I know the timing within a few weeks, and that's as close as I'm interested in knowing. But your "season" is 13 weeks, and I'd like to be a little closer than you allow, so I guess according to you, -- I AM DEFYING SCRIPTURE because my expectation VIOLATES YOUR DOCTRINE.

Of course I have Scripture on my side, (DAY or the HOUR); but you have your DOCTRINE! :)
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bottom line anyone born in 1948 that's still alive will be here to see the coming of Christ!!!!

Ummmmmmmm, according to Psalms 90 we're only "guaranteed" 70 years, which expired in 2018, -- so your 1948 is simply a FAKE number which you pulled out of one of your orifices. In fact, you not only have NO CLUE as to when Jesus will return, -- you can't even name the YEAR, much less the SEASON.

Maybe your doctrine shouldn't say "Season". Have you considered changing your doctrine to DECADE (10), or SCORE (20), or CENTURY (100)? -- Better yet, how about DAYTONA (500)?!?

GOD has information which HE has designed to PRESERVE his children, and if you want to get through this then use ALL the resources available. But if you prefer being in the dark, then receive THAT REWARD:

1 Thess. 5:2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief. 5 For you are all sons of light and sons of the day; we are not of the night or of darkness.

It's your choice, but I advise you to choose wisely,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Ummmmmmmm, according to Psalms 90 we're only "guaranteed" 70 years, which expired in 2018, -- so your 1948 is simply a FAKE number which you pulled out of one of your orifices. In fact, you not only have NO CLUE as to when Jesus will return, -- you can't even name the YEAR, much less the SEASON.

Maybe your doctrine shouldn't say "Season". Have you considered changing your doctrine to DECADE (10), or SCORE (20), or CENTURY (100)? -- Better yet, how about DAYTONA (500)?!?

Like I said come correct

There are three: 1.) The 40 years in Exodus of wandering in the wilderness, 2.) The 70 years in psalms, and 3.) The 120 years in Genesis CH 6.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Bobby Jo said:
If Scripture says we can't know the "DAY or the HOUR", can we know the Week; Month; Season; Year (1); Decade (10); Score (20); Century (100); Daytona (500); and Millennia (1,000)?​
n2thelight said:
... NO!!!! ... but we should know the season ...​

If I understand your position correctly, -- there's NOTHING in Scripture which says we can't know the "WEEK", but you insist we can't know the week? Are there any other aspects in which your Doctrines supersede Scripture?

Please consider the seriousness of your apparent UNSCRIPTURAL assertion in context of what the Disciple John wrote:

Rev. 22:18 I warn every one who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if any one adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, ...

And don't get me wrong. I don't know the "week", and I don't particularly care to know the "week". I know the timing within a few weeks, and that's as close as I'm interested in knowing. But your "season" is 13 weeks, and I'd like to be a little closer than you allow, so I guess according to you, -- I AM DEFYING SCRIPTURE because my expectation VIOLATES YOUR DOCTRINE.

Of course I have Scripture on my side, (DAY or the HOUR); but you have your DOCTRINE! :)
Bobby Jo

Dang, with no problems ,gonna help you out some more.

Let's start here when we will in fact know the day

Revelation 11:7 "And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit [abyss] shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them."

Pay attention

Revelation 11:8 "And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sod'-om and E'-gypt, where also our Lord was crucified."

Revelation 11:9 "And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves."

Revelation 11:11 "And after three days and an half the spirit [breath] of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them."

Revelation 11:13 "And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven."

What's the same hour?Let me answer it for you, 3 1/2 days after they died Christ returns

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They say experience is the BEST teacher. But others say it's the WORSE teacher because it gives the test before the lesson. So where you could be INFORMED, you apparently prefer to be UNINFORMED:

1 Thess 5:3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

Good luck,
Bobby Jo
I'd say that about a person who glanced casually at eschatology and then turned away from it with a "I don't really know or care what happens"...or, a 'pan-Millennialist' as they sometimes call it. However, that is not what I am doing or suggesting. I have done considerable reading, both of biblical and extra-biblical sources, I've prayed and I've listened to countless sermons and lectures on the subject. I have made myself as informed on the subject as I feel I can be, and I do, indeed have an opinion on what will happen. But, I am not foolish enough to believe that my understanding is perfect. So...we ought to discuss these issues, form our understandings on them, but be pleased for God to show us the final outcome based on his ultimate Sovereignty. Which I hope you will agree will definitely happen whether it happens to conform to your 'informed view' or not.

Reactions: marks and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once.

The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dang, with no problems ,gonna help you out some more.

Let's start here when we will in fact know the day

Forget the "DAY", concentrate on the YEAR! DO YOU KNOW THE YEAR? Do you WANT to know the YEAR? -- IF not, then why continue the conversation?!?

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said come correct

There are three:
1.) The 40 years in Exodus of wandering in the wilderness, 2.) The 70 years in psalms, and 3.) The 120 years in Genesis CH 6.

I agree that ill considered people errantly assign 40 years and 120 years respectively. But the CORRECT measure of a "generation" is either the span of ~20-30 (- call it 25 -) years BETWEEN generations; or the entire 70 year DURATION of a life.

But these mistakes happen when we listen to hirelings instead of GOD! :)
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I have done considerable reading, both of biblical and extra-biblical sources, ...

... and then gave up, and rejected what you MISSED in Scripture. But that's ok, -- it's your loss! :)

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kingdom of God during this 'present' world... is not something that can be observed with eyes. That was Jesus' meaning, not that His Kingdom would never be a literal physical presence on this earth, for it will be at His return.

Rev 11:15
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever."

KJV

That's to happen on the 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe. It is when Jesus returns to this earth and begins His literal reign over all nations.

The confused are those who think that will never happen, and that instead Christ's Kingdom is just a spiritual state only. Those with that kind of thinking are easy prey by the one-world government utopians who are today busy setting up the earth for Satan's coming kingdom here on earth prior to Christ's return.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The confused are those who think that will never happen, ...

Actually it seems to me that the ones who are MOST CONFUSED are those who expect a Tribulation era Rapture of the Church.
And the SECOND MOST CONFUSED are those who have no clue as to the timing of the Tribulation and haven't prepared their households accordingly.

And WE ARE some 18 months into the 42 month Tribulation already,
Bobby Jo

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
... and then gave up, and rejected what you MISSED in Scripture. But that's ok, -- it's your loss! :)

Bobby Jo
Well, clearly whatever I read, studied or listened to didn't lead me to feel the need to presumptuously declare how perfect my perceptions are over all the other plebeians. If I feel I can present my ideas without the obvious need to make the person I'm talking to feel like an idiotic heretic bent on advancing devious lies...then just perhaps I am learning something that you are not.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, clearly whatever I read, studied or listened to didn't lead me to feel the need to presumptuously declare how perfect my perceptions are over all the other plebeians. If I feel I can present my ideas without the obvious need to make the person I'm talking to feel like an idiotic heretic bent on advancing devious lies...then just perhaps I am learning something that you are not.

Hello Naomi25, btw I love that name....but what a biblical character you have there! A woman who was strong and very wise.
I am very much like you...I share what I have received from the Holy Spirit and get a lot of flack from it from those who disagree but I just figure that they aren't there yet....Jesus even told the disciples there was a lot more He wanted to tell them but they couldn't bare it at that time...but He told them the Spirit of Truth will come and teach you all things and will only speak what He hears the Father speak....most of my revelation knowledge has come from the Holy Spirit....but I get some good nuggets of wisdom here at times......even you have gave me some....
Revelation is a book I tried to avoid and let the pastor teach it until the Holy Spirit told me to study it....and very first chapter my eyes were opened to something I never noticed before....revelation knowledge.....it was time....I was ready to receive it....am I making sense?

Anyway, God bless you! I love your zeal to study and go deeper and find the hidden wisdom of God.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sure: You've got everything you've ever considered EXACTLY CORRECT.

There, instead of a friend giving you wounds, you've preferred the kisses from the enemy (Proverbs 27:6)! :)
Bobby Jo

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Naomi25, btw I love that name....but what a biblical character you have there! A woman who was strong and very wise.
I am very much like you...I share what I have received from the Holy Spirit and get a lot of flack from it from those who disagree but I just figure that they aren't there yet....Jesus even told the disciples there was a lot more He wanted to tell them but they couldn't bare it at that time...but He told them the Spirit of Truth will come and teach you all things and will only speak what He hears the Father speak....most of my revelation knowledge has come from the Holy Spirit....but I get some good nuggets of wisdom here at times......even you have gave me some....
Revelation is a book I tried to avoid and let the pastor teach it until the Holy Spirit told me to study it....and very first chapter my eyes were opened to something I never noticed before....revelation knowledge.....it was time....I was ready to receive it....am I making sense?

Anyway, God bless you! I love your zeal to study and go deeper and find the hidden wisdom of God.

Much sense! It can be such a blessing to know the Spirit isn't done with us, can't it? Thank goodness, I say. I find there's nowhere like here that tends to bring me smack up against my nature to 'be right'. And, I think the big trap is...its not wrong to be right...in fact, when talking about such important matters, we need to do our best to BE right! But, I'm learning (slowly at times!), it shouldn't always be at the expense of stamping others down. The exchange of ideas, even the disagreement of them, shouldn't be addressed in that sort of manner. I think, anyway!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sure: You've got everything you've ever considered EXACTLY CORRECT.

There, instead of a friend giving you wounds, you've preferred the kisses from the enemy (Proverbs 27:6)! :)
Bobby Jo
I don't know that I've EVER claimed to have everything I've ever considered exactly correct. In fact I'm confronted daily with how my understanding lets me down. It's for that very reason I believe in constantly pushing forward in study and conversation.
Let me try and put my comment this way: do you honestly find it at all edifying when you are confronted by people who outright, from the beginning of a conversation announce to you, and all, that they, and only they, have the correct interpretation of a passage because they have God's understanding and that therefore everyone else's is but the foolish, flailing and possibly deceitful understanding of men? And that no matter what you might put forth, no matter which scripture you present or how you might try to explain how you see something, you are scoffed at and put down?
Because even IF that person IS correct in their particular understanding of that passage, that is an INCREDIBLY unchristian-like manner to engage in conversation as, and it will do no good for the Kingdom or that person's soul. Because what good is being RIGHT alone? If you end up driving people away from God with your prideful and haughty attitude and dismissive superiority, then you will need to answer to the one who loves even mistaken people and was perhaps trying to reach them through you.

Food for thought.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... do you honestly find it at all edifying when you are confronted by people who outright, from the beginning of a conversation announce to you, and all, that they, and only they, have the correct interpretation of a passage ...

Scripture tells us to "try the spirits" and to be "instant in season and out of season" to respond to ANY doctrine. So I am MORE THAN HAPPY to either RECEIVE or CORRECT any given doctrine. And if someone refuses to be corrected, then their blood is on their own head. But if they receive what GOD has for them, I've not only gained a "brother"/"sister" but have possibly saved them from a fowler's snare.

And neither Jesus nor the Holy Spirit force their leading upon ANYONE, and neither do I. You're free to challenge or outright reject what I present as Scripture based, and no hard feelings, -- other than you're choosing to be blind when you need to see.

Bobby Jo

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scripture tells us to "try the spirits" and to be "instant in season and out of season" to respond to ANY doctrine. So I am MORE THAN HAPPY to either RECEIVE or CORRECT any given doctrine. And if someone refuses to be corrected, then their blood is on their own head. But if they receive what GOD has for them, I've not only gained a "brother"/"sister" but have possibly saved them from a fowler's snare.

And neither Jesus nor the Holy Spirit force their leading upon ANYONE, and neither do I. You're free to challenge or outright reject what I present as Scripture based, and no hard feelings, -- other than you're choosing to be blind when you need to see.

Bobby Jo

You consistently miss my point. So, clearly there is no longer any reason attempting to explain it.

Reactions: amadeus