• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello reader,

The Bible has a lot knowledge pertaining to what it is the call for holy living. It may be something you never though existed even in the Bible. These scriptures are long however so much knowledge with in the contents is so always ever looked over in this time and age…

I can remember the last time I’ve been fully through all of the Gospel of Christ myself but it’s so good to feast on the Word for spiritual growth and it also can cause your flesh to become lesser as you put Jesus higher above ones self.

It’s tough and no one is perfect in their flesh one can grow into to spiritual maturity though, do not think that it is impossible, for all things are possible especially when it comes to his will, for God to help you.

The Bible says You can ask God for wisdom and he will give it freely as long as it pertains to Gods will.

“Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth; knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ. For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you who through Him are believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God. Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart, for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God. For, “All flesh is like grass, And all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, And the flower falls off, But the word of the Lord endures forever.” And this is the word which was preached to you.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:13-25‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander, like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord. And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭2:1-5‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello reader,

The Bible has a lot knowledge pertaining to what it is the call for holy living. It may be something you never though existed even in the Bible. These scriptures are long however so much knowledge with in the contents is so always ever looked over in this time and age…

I can remember the last time I’ve been fully through all of the Gospel of Christ myself but it’s so good to feast on the Word for spiritual growth and it also can cause your flesh to become lesser as you put Jesus higher above ones self.

It’s tough and no one is perfect in their flesh one can grow into to spiritual maturity though, do not think that it is impossible, for all things are possible especially when it comes to his will, for God to help you.

The Bible says You can ask God for wisdom and he will give it freely as long as it pertains to Gods will.

“Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth; knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ. For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you who through Him are believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God. Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart, for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God. For, “All flesh is like grass, And all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, And the flower falls off, But the word of the Lord endures forever.” And this is the word which was preached to you.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:13-25‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander, like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord. And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭2:1-5‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

The first step to becoming a Christian is to hear about God and start taking in knowledge of Him Matt. Like you said it is a progressive growth to maturity, and in fact even beyond, a continuing eternal life change. We will actually grow to perfection, to the degree that Adam was created with, and like Adam, pass the test by successfully standing against satan when he is let loose from his prison. If we pass that test, we will be granted what Adam was granted, eternal life on earth. How we pray for that wonderful prospect to come sir. Mat 6:10

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your insights Robert.

Though we may think a little differently about Satan (which I believe he has been defeated because of Christ). Would say it’s really a battle against the world, and what it presents and also the battle of being spiritually dead inside that allows darkness to harbor.

Now the spiritual deadness or spiritual darkness is for all people, and some people see light at the earliest age, some people see light in their teenage years, some later in their adult years.

Remember the prophets of old, and how they were sent to the Israelites yet they still did not believed in God they rejected him in their hearts. That is the same that happens with us today as one shares not forcefully or with impulsiveness but with gentleness and love and humility, with another but they simply may reject it even more so.

It’s why we do it over and over and over again never losing hope and with hope of sharing the word of God so that faith may grow in the heart of the person and encouraging others to seek out and have faith in God who raised our Lord, King, Master from the grave.

That is where new life truly starts.

“I am writing to you, little children, because your sins have been forgiven you for His name’s sake. I am writing to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I have written to you, children, because you know the Father. I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one. Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:12-17‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬