A Christian voting for President now may be a sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well for now it is a right. but that right can be removed at any time the govt. so chooses. Even though embedded in the constitution, a congressional declared national emergency allows the govt. near total dictatorial powers and they can cancel elections or even the right to vote.

It is a privilege given by constituional right.
No. It is a Constitutional right. Positing a hypothetical does not negate that fact.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I agree, but it is still a privilege that many countries do not have. and that right can change anytime an evil POTUS ascends power.
I think you make a mistake conflating rights with privileges.

A right is something that is inherently entitled to a person, while a privilege is something that is granted to a person. A right cannot be taken away, while a privilege can be revoked.

It is correct that many peoples across the globe do not have a right to vote for those in leadership roles.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you make a mistake conflating rights with privileges.

A right is something that is inherently entitled to a person, while a privilege is something that is granted to a person. A right cannot be taken away, while a privilege can be revoked.

It is correct that many peoples across the globe do not have a right to vote for those in leadership roles.
No I don't confuse.

Anything granted by the constitution can be removed by the constitution. Either by amending the constitution (as we did for blacks and women to vote for they did not have those rights to much later) or be executive order during times of a declared national emergency.

Just remember, blacks, slaves and women did not have the right to vote until nearly a century and further. So it wasn't a right for them. And what the govt. gives, the govt. can take away.

When teh antichrist has the rule of the world- there will be no more voting in America- that right will disappear!

Japanese_Americans in WW @ lost their right to vote as well as their right to live as they choose!