A Christian voting for President now may be a sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the NRSV, the phrase "says the Lord" is found 236 times in the Bible, and "says the LORD" is found 575 times.

Do we follow the "says the Lord", and the "says the LORD"; or, do we believe and follow, "says that particular culture"?

"First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God." (2Pet 1:20-21, RSV)

Religious feminism sweeps away the words of God by the claim of cultural bias in the written word. If that were possible, we may as well toss our Bibles in the trash, as the feminists in fact truly have.

"My people—children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, your leaders mislead you, and confuse the course of your paths." (Isa 3:12, RSV)

If women have not taken over the rule in defiance of Gen. 3:16, and the Apostle Paul directly, they have done so indirectly as recorded in the OT -

“Hear this word, you cows of Bashan, who are in the mountain of Samar′ia, who oppress the poor, who crush the needy, who say to their husbands, ‘Bring, that we may drink!’" (Amos 4:1, RSV)

I began voting in 1964 and not missed a Presidential election since, though voting 3rd Party twice. I am beginning to wonder if it is disobedience to God that I vote in 2024?

Maybe I could vote for the lesser of two evils, but is it permissible to vote for the lesser of two sins? No candidate I know is operating solely under the rule of men, and that is directly contrary to the "thus says the Lord"! I am convinced that we are under God's judgment and either approaching "the last day", or God is going to make a mighty move of true revival on the church. In either case, my vote affects neither; but I can pray for true revival, 2 Chr 7:14, and the return of Jesus, Rv 22:20.

Votes can be cast based upon many Bible described sins in our day, but does any matter if we ignore what the word of God says about who is to rule in the home, church and nation?

Did the body of Christ, the church founded upon Jesus Christ, have it all wrong until women's suffrage came about and was put into law in 1920? How well has that worked out for the church, and the nations over which it could have influence?

Reactions: amigo de christo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this a woman rant? Women were priestesses and prophets in the bible. So I suppose they can hold positions of authority from that standpoint. To direct the people towards a Godly manner. Not that I trust politicians these days, and the selection has been terrible lately.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am beginning to wonder if it is disobedience to God that I vote in 2024?

1.) If you dont vote, don't complain later when the country is turning into Marxism.

2.) Dont cast your vote for the person, cast your vote for the direction the person wants to take the Country.

"all have sinned", so, all the Candidates are equal, in that regard.

Find the one who gives open respect to Christianity, and wants to defend Israel, and hates GLOBALISM and believes in personal freedom of choice WITH accountability.

The cost of freedom is consequence.

There are a few choices, in that "camp" who understand all this... perfectly.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this a woman rant? Women were priestesses and prophets in the bible. So I suppose they can hold positions of authority from that standpoint. To direct the people towards a Godly manner. Not that I trust politicians these days, and the selection has been terrible lately.

I suppose God's word is a "woman rant"? God can and does place women in roles that are ordinarily for men. That is God doing it and nowhere in the Bible are we told to choose or elect a women for any leadership or ruling capacity. God may do this sort of thing to shame the men for abdicating their role.

"Then the LORD raised up judges, who delivered them out of the power of those who plundered them." (Judg 2:16, NRSV)

Men did not elect Deborah.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally do not care for "Christian Culture," @Arthur81, or "Culture" in general.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the NRSV, the phrase "says the Lord" is found 236 times in the Bible, and "says the LORD" is found 575 times.

Do we follow the "says the Lord", and the "says the LORD"; or, do we believe and follow, "says that particular culture"?

"First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God." (2Pet 1:20-21, RSV)

Religious feminism sweeps away the words of God by the claim of cultural bias in the written word. If that were possible, we may as well toss our Bibles in the trash, as the feminists in fact truly have.

"My people—children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, your leaders mislead you, and confuse the course of your paths." (Isa 3:12, RSV)

If women have not taken over the rule in defiance of Gen. 3:16, and the Apostle Paul directly, they have done so indirectly as recorded in the OT -

“Hear this word, you cows of Bashan, who are in the mountain of Samar′ia, who oppress the poor, who crush the needy, who say to their husbands, ‘Bring, that we may drink!’" (Amos 4:1, RSV)

I began voting in 1964 and not missed a Presidential election since, though voting 3rd Party twice. I am beginning to wonder if it is disobedience to God that I vote in 2024?

Maybe I could vote for the lesser of two evils, but is it permissible to vote for the lesser of two sins? No candidate I know is operating solely under the rule of men, and that is directly contrary to the "thus says the Lord"! I am convinced that we are under God's judgment and either approaching "the last day", or God is going to make a mighty move of true revival on the church. In either case, my vote affects neither; but I can pray for true revival, 2 Chr 7:14, and the return of Jesus, Rv 22:20.

Votes can be cast based upon many Bible described sins in our day, but does any matter if we ignore what the word of God says about who is to rule in the home, church and nation?

Did the body of Christ, the church founded upon Jesus Christ, have it all wrong until women's suffrage came about and was put into law in 1920? How well has that worked out for the church, and the nations over which it could have influence?

It would appear that you have not made yourself completely clear here.

Did I miss something? Are there only women candidates for President in 2024?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

DO as the SPIRIT bids you to do . I aint voted since two thousand and eight .
I dont vote for the lesser of any evil .
Nor do i fear the worst type of govt .
Now i would and do vote on ISSUES . but as far as men , BOTH SIDES are To one degree or another
INFLUENCED and under the power of the agenda . THAT BE A FACT .
Folks worry about religous freedom , about this or about that .
As far as a system . Chistains , true ones can thrive no matter WHO be in power . Whether dire harsh
communism or not . THE church has one MISSION . PREACH AND LIVE JESUS CHRIST
I do not seem to remember paul and them having a form of govt that ruled over them
which WAS FOCUSED ON THEIR RIGHTS . THEY were persecuted harsh at times
and at other times persecutions were light . BUT they march on in the trenches NO MATTER WHAT MAN RULED THE EARTH
whether harsh or not . FOR THE MISSION was THE GOSPEL and in this world THEY KNEW
and understood we were not gauranteed RELIGIOUS RIGHTS , RATHER THE OPPOSITE , persecutions .
SEE the focus was not about HOW easy THIS LIFE can be for us , it was not about our religoius rights
IT was about SPEAKING and living THAT WHICH IS RIGHT . and its about TIME to CHURCH REMEMBERS THIS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One cannot have 2 kings now can they. 1 single vote in a lifetime is needed-Jesus. Voting for a mortal is a risk one casts a vote for corruption= standing in opposition to Jesus--One cannot serve 2 masters.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would appear that you have not made yourself completely clear here.

Did I miss something? Are there only women candidates for President in 2024?
Yes, you missed something in my OP.

"If women have not taken over the rule in defiance of Gen. 3:16, and the Apostle Paul directly, they have done so indirectly as recorded in the OT -

The politicians and office holders have women in abundance as advisors and counselors, etc. Donald Trump even has a female false prophet as a spiritual advisor, and yet evangelicals claiming to be Bible-believers support him. Maybe she is who taught the Donald to say "Two Corinthians"! LOL Ron DeSantis's wife is said to be his most powerful advisor.

I will confess, I voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020; but sadly I voted based on a couple selfish, personal reasons, policy promises I'll not go into. I overlooked a lot of things with Trump that I should not have. The first strong hint (no doubt providentially brought to my mind by the Spirit), I had that I needed to do a real 'rethink' on him was when I watched him in a couple rallies use the disgusting, vulgar gutter term "f...ing" and the crowd cheered. If this helps define the evangelicals supporting him, I want nothing whatsoever to do with those evangelicals.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"If women have not taken over the rule in defiance of Gen. 3:16, and the Apostle Paul directly, they have done so indirectly as recorded in the OT -

The politicians and office holders have women in abundance as advisors and counselors, etc. Donald Trump even has a female false prophet as a spiritual advisor, and yet evangelicals claiming to be Bible-believers support him. Maybe she is who taught the Donald to say "Two Corinthians"! LOL Ron DeSantis's wife is said to be his most powerful advisor.

I will confess, I voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020; but sadly I voted based on a couple selfish, personal reasons, policy promises I'll not go into. I overlooked a lot of things with Trump that I should not have. The first strong hint (no doubt providentially brought to my mind by the Spirit), I had that I needed to do a real 'rethink' on him was when I watched him in a couple rallies use the disgusting, vulgar gutter term "f...ing" and the crowd cheered. If this helps define the evangelicals supporting him, I want nothing whatsoever to do with those evangelicals.
Reading the story of Samuel, Samuel fortells of what their king would be like, and they still said "Give us a king!" Yahava, said go ahead and give them what they ask for, for they do not want me as a King over them." And they regretted it.

I do not believe a Christian nation will ever exist on earth. There are only people who follow after the way, and in their heart the kingdom of God is hoped for, hoping to receive entrance with-in that kingdom, when they die and live here, with hope while walking around that there is a family of believers up there in Heaven with God in his kingdom. :)

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading the story of Samuel, Samuel fortells of what their king would be like, and they still said "Give us a king!" Yahava, said go ahead and give them what they ask for, for they do not want me as a King over them." And they regretted it.

I do not believe a Christian nation will ever exist on earth. There are only people who follow after the way, and in their heart the kingdom of God is hoped for, hoping to receive entrance with-in that kingdom, when they die and live here, with hope while walking around that there is a family of believers up there in Heaven with God in his kingdom. :)
I have a sincere question for you. You seem to be in an English speaking country, so why do you write "Yahava"?

I have a couple close friends who come from other countries with much different sounding names. One uses an English name that is a transliteration or similar to his home country; the other's original name is so different he adopts a completely new name. Neither seems to feel the least slighted to be called by their English equivalent.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a sincere question for you. You seem to be in an English speaking country, so why do you write "Yahava"?

I have a couple close friends who come from other countries with much different sounding names. One uses an English name that is a transliteration or similar to his home country; the other's original name is so different he adopts a completely new name. Neither seems to feel the least slighted to be called by their English equivalent.

To me, it is important for Yahavas name to be known. Some choose Jehovah "the destroyer", or Yahweh. YHVH, is the life-giver, and therefore if everyone breathes in the breath of life every day when they wake up, Ya - ha - va, just make sense to me at least. Some people believe God's name is so holy that you aren't allowed to speak it. The LORD told Moses to make his name known. Thank you for your question.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I see. However, I would caution you on your understanding of gender as created by God, why, and the roles He has assigned. Also on Trump.

The gender of all creation first shows the headship of God, but then shows the place of all who are in Christ...as women. "This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church." Therefore, do not be offended.

As for Trump, he is being used for his abilities, many of which are not so nice. What then--should God not have used other dreadful men? But He has. Incidentally, I spoke with Trump for a while some years back and he was a decent and respectful person, not arrogant, manipulative, or crude by nature.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After the last couple of elections, particularly the presidential of 2020,I don't believe we vote any candidates into office.

The career politicians are in majority as those re-elected. Their infirmities being obvious, I don't credit their electorate with blindly giving faith and trust again and again to such persons.

I think they are seated by those who influence all of government. Money masters and their agents.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Voting is a privilege in america that many countries do not have or only appear to have.

We are not voting for Pastors or Elders, we are voting for human govt. Paul appealed to Cesar and used his rights as a Roman citizen to advance, we should do the same.

there will be no perfect candidate, so yes we always vote for the lesser of two evils in hopes it may nudge this nation back to god on the secular side, while we as Gods Ambassadors may nudge this nation back to God on the spiritual side.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Voting is a privilege in america that many countries do not have or only appear to have.

We are not voting for Pastors or Elders, we are voting for human govt. Paul appealed to Cesar and used his rights as a Roman citizen to advance, we should do the same.

there will be no perfect candidate, so yes we always vote for the lesser of two evils in hopes it may nudge this nation back to god on the secular side, while we as Gods Ambassadors may nudge this nation back to God on the spiritual side.
Voting in America is a right, not a privilege.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Ah! If you can show me one "right that you have," then I will have the right to make you president of the USA even though I am not a citizen of the USA.

Let me give you an example. I have the right to drive a car, however the "law" of the land dictates that the licence to drive a car is a privilege bestowed upon me if I comply with certain conditions and requirements. Anyone can drive a car, but the statues of the land dictates that the person must have reached a certain age before they can obtain their learners permit to learn the skills to be able to drive a car. The law also states that if a person loses the abilities to safely drive a car, then that person's car licence is immediately forfeited, e.g, the ability to be able to see clearly and to be able to read. Another limitation of the car licence is that a person is not allowed to drive the car if intoxicated. The person must demonstrate that they know the limitations and restrictions that are associated with the car driver's licence to operate and control a car on the roads in that land.

What is enshrined in the law of the land, are the conditional privileges that allow a person to conduct themselves within the boundary conditions for that particular privilege. What the USA law calls "rights" is actually the liberties that a person has if they comply with the laws of the Land.

A car licence does give a person the "right"/privilege to drive a car upon obtaining that licence, but only within the restrictions of that said licence.

Voting within a country is a responsibility that is bestowed upon a person to provide direction for the legislators to guide the people of the land as to how they should act and comply with the generated laws of the land. When people do not vote within the decisions making processes, then they have abdicated their responsibilities and have lost their ability to influence the direction that a country should go.

Becoming a believer in God is a privilege that we receive. It is not a "right" that we can control. It is conditional on us humbling ourselves and repenting of our mistakes/sins within God's boundary conditions for becoming a believer. God hedges us in, with the "Law," so that when we pass through that surrounding hedge, we can know that we have turned away from our relationship with God. The solution is always the same. We then have to humble ourselves and repent of the "evil" that we have allowed to replace God in our lives.

Shalom

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

A Christian voting for President now may be a sin​

That's like saying, farting in private may also be a sin.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Voting within a country is a responsibility that is bestowed upon a person to provide direction for the legislators to guide the people of the land as to how they should act and comply with the generated laws of the land. When people do not vote within the decisions making processes, then they have abdicated their responsibilities and have lost their ability to influence the direction that a country should go.
Very important points made here…..voting in many countries is not compulsory (as it is in Australia) so the decision to vote is up to the individual. If that individual is subject to the propaganda issued by the contending parties, (and we all know how well politicians live up to their many promises) then usually strong opinions will sway their vote, but that is what the very expensive political campaigns are designed to do….sway or manipulate opinions. Is any of it based on truth? And if Jesus told us to be “no part of the world”, why would we poke our noses into something so corrupt? Anyone who believes politicians’ promises are gullible to say the least.
No man-made government system of any persuasion has ever benefitted their subjects.….just themselves.
Becoming a believer in God is a privilege that we receive. It is not a "right" that we can control. It is conditional on us humbling ourselves and repenting of our mistakes/sins within God's boundary conditions for becoming a believer. God hedges us in, with the "Law," so that when we pass through that surrounding hedge, we can know that we have turned away from our relationship with God. The solution is always the same. We then have to humble ourselves and repent of the "evil" that we have allowed to replace God in our lives.
Another important point…..is voting for a political party, who want to rule an entire nation, (especially a very powerful one, and many of whose citizens disagree strongly with the policies of the other party,) really what we are instructed by Christ to do?

If we have a say in how a country is governed by putting a certain political party in office, then wouldn’t we also be responsible before God for what these people do when in office? Are those “Christians” who vote, denying any assumed loyalty to God’s Kingdom, of which they also claim to be citizens? Do we find that the scriptures allow for ‘dual citizenship’? Or do we see that being “NO PART OF THE WORLD” means butting out of the corrupt political arena altogether?

Who is really ruling this world by means of those in political office?
1 John 5:19…
“We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”
If “the whole world” is under the power of the devil, what part is exempt? Do we really have permission as Christians to dabble in the the devil’s rulership of this earth? Who gave the devil such power?…..God did!

Luke 4:5-87
“So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time. 6 Then the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7 If you, therefore, do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.”

The only one who could have “handed over” (delivered) world rulership to the devil is God…..but why?

It was to allow the devil to try and prove that he was the better ruler of mankind…..he is the one who called the Sovereignty of Jehovah into question in Eden, suggesting that he was not a good God if he kept things back from his children……so here we are at the end of that lesson. “The god of this world” (2 Cor 4:4) has proven to be a complete failure by giving humans everything they wanted…..free will in the hands of those who have no love for God or his creation have brought the living things on this planet to the brink of extinction….including us.

Have we taken God’s side by refraining to take part in worldly affairs? Or do we find ourselves up to our necks in the evils of divisive and corrupt politics?

We can let the world do what the world wants to do because God is in control of everything. He has not told us to solve man’s self-imposed problems by human means, because humans are basically selfish and couldn’t care less about the impact they have on others….or the planet. Only God’s Kingdom will solve the worlds problems…..the one Jesus taught us to pray for. Only by the ‘coming of God’s Kingdom’, can his “will be done on earth as it is in heaven”.

As Jesus said to the Pharisees….”let them be….if a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into the pit”. (Matt 15:14) Do we want to fall into the pit with them?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well for now it is a right. but that right can be removed at any time the govt. so chooses. Even though embedded in the constitution, a congressional declared national emergency allows the govt. near total dictatorial powers and they can cancel elections or even the right to vote.

It is a privilege given by constituional right.