A Common Error

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
both scriptures and science tell us that man represents humankind whilst woman only represents womankind - twinc
i would suggest that this might only be assumed vis a vis Scripture; and that there are no male or female in the kingdom might infer that parables about "women" can be interpreted differently, like maybe refraining from going to a Baptist church and vocally objecting when the pastor preaches a message on "Rapture" or whatever while in service, whether you are "technically" a male or a female; "women should not speak in church." iow you might even be technically correct, but you are coming from your "woman," regardless of your gender.

Reactions: amadeus

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Foreseeing-Beforehand-would justify

Galatians 3:6-8
6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.

8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed." NKJV

Note the words “foreseeing“, “would justify“, “beforehand“. They clearly indicate that faith was not instituted at that time. It was to be a future event.
Could you explain to us what you believe happened to those persons, before Christ, who believed in God and had faith in God?

IOW, if there are two dispensations (which I do not believe, BTW)
what happened to the God believers of the first?

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Could you explain to us what you believe happened to those persons, before Christ, who believed in God and had faith in God?

IOW, if there are two dispensations (which I do not believe, BTW)
what happened to the God believers of the first?

this is asked again and again - so here at last is your answer - it is stated again and again that devils also believe in God - this is what non Christians do but it is insufficient for he who does not have the son does not have the father but he who has the son has the father and also the Holy Spirit - twinc

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
this is asked again and again - so here at last is your answer - it is stated again and again that devils also believe in God - this is what non Christians do but it is insufficient for he who does not have the son does not have the father but he who has the son has the father and also the Holy Spirit - twinc
So all the believers in God before Christ are in hell?

This is what you believe?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus said that a rich man and a poor man died and went to hell. One to a hot place and one to a safe place. Jesus told the one on the cross with Him that TODAY you will be with me in paradise. So Jesus and the other went to the section in hell that was a paradise. When Jesus left paradise He took those that were there to heaven since their sins were paid for on the cross.

To understand this you must see that no one could go to heaven UNTIL their sins were paid for.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so then one might be led to believe that Jesus said "hell" there, when He did not, and the rest just goes downhill from there, by logical interpretation, see.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That would be a bit of an odd belief wouldn't it?
Why?
Only twinc knows what he believes.
I've heard some pretty odd beliefs in these forums.

Maybe I haven't understood him.
We shall soon see...

(if he answers)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jesus said that a rich man and a poor man died and went to hell. One to a hot place and one to a safe place. Jesus told the one on the cross with Him that TODAY you will be with me in paradise. So Jesus and the other went to the section in hell that was a paradise. When Jesus left paradise He took those that were there to heaven since their sins were paid for on the cross.

To understand this you must see that no one could go to heaven UNTIL their sins were paid for.
How about quoting some scripture?
PLEASE.
The above is Luke 16.
I wanted to know what twinc understands happened before the Cross.
It sounds to me like he thinks all might be lost.
I hope I've misunderstood.

Sorry HR
I just realized you're answering to my post to you.
Thanks. I agree fully.
The saved by faith were waiting in Abraham's Bossom.
Luke 16

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

no - this is what you mistakenly believe I believe because just as with the rest of scripture one can easily misinterpret - twinc

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
so then one might be led to believe that Jesus said "hell" there, when He did not, and the rest just goes downhill from there, by logical interpretation, see.
Right bb.
There's only one place in the N.T. that speaks of hell...
2 Peter 2:4

Reactions: bbyrd009

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

you are relying on human logic and understanding and reasoning - but here we are talking about God and things spiritual not really or always understood even by falsely claiming inspiration and guidance via the Holy Spirit thereby claiming error by the HS - TWINC

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
you are relying on human logic and understanding and reasoning - but here we are talking about God and things spiritual not really or always understood even by falsely claiming inspiration and guidance via the Holy Spirit thereby claiming error by the HS - TWINC
OK. So then HOW do we know the truth?
(I agree with you BTW)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
you are relying on human logic and understanding and reasoning
so you say, but i would argue that although i am logically trained, Scripture plainly states that our sense is nonsense to God, so if/when i am employing logic, or trying to find God with my mind to put it another way, in that sense i am failing. Logic does not equate with reasoning or understanding, from God's pov.

For an example, logically speaking as a voter, i must vote either "R" or "D," or "waste my vote."
Logically speaking as a Christian leads me to "you are either lost or saved." and etc

Reactions: mjrhealth

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
OK.
But you didn't say what you believe!!

oh yes I did
PLEASE.
The above is Luke 16.

Sorry HR
Thanks. I agree fully.
Luke 16
PLEASE.
The above is Luke 16.

Sorry HR
Thanks. I agree fully.
Luke 16

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so you say, but i would argue that although i am logically trained, Scripture plainly states that our sense is nonsense to God, so if/when i am employing logic, or trying to find God with my mind to put it another way, in that sense i am failing. Logic does not equate with reasoning or understanding, from God's pov.

For an example, logically speaking as a voter, i must vote either "R" or "D," or "waste my vote."
Logically speaking as a Christian leads me to "you are either lost or saved." and etc
I think you are getting it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah, the world uses a logic that has resulted in death, and the way to life is almost the opposite of what one would think.

But, not to be confused...you may be operating with both, by each of the two contrary bodies of flesh and spirit. If this conflict is evident in your life...you are on the right track. Press on. The spirit must increase, and the flesh must decrease.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have heard way too many foolish and misguided people spout the bogus claim that since they read the Bible, letting The Holy Spirit interpret and teach them, that THEY have the one true answer.
Trouble is, that you can read six different people posting that claim, and.......... interestingly enough, they happen to have six different ideas of what the very same passage says. So, I should expect to be so arrogant as to believe that it is I who will be the blessed one to be graciously given the exclusively correct interpretation? Hardly!

Very true...I agree ..and I think that attitude will be "with us to the end"...until we see Truth face to face.
As we walk through our our Christina life...from day one..through the decades we do all choose from the smorgasbord of teachings what we put on our plate of 'belief'. No matter how much we pray over something and ask for the Lord light.
We can't help but get a few thing wrong.
It is as you say...its the arrogant that will actually say- " I have it right, and you are wrong.." And as you say , we have them here and one every Christian site.
When all is said and done...and there is always much more said than done..
only at the end of it all will we see who had the full truth. That's why I try to say when I write - "I believe...blah blah..."
The ONLY thing we can ever be SURE about, and the only thing we can have total confidence in, is in Whom we believe. Obviously we all have loads of things that we believe to be right and true...and my prayer is always- "Lord, please, keep me teachable.." It is the fool who thinks they have 'arrived' , they then stop being teachable....they 'stick with the hand' that they have and are happy with.

I firmly believe a biblical truth.... UNTIL God shows me something different. :D
I believe so many things differently now, than I did even a decade ago! LOL

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a common error for religious preachers/teachers to assume that the Pauline Gospel of Grace should be blended in with what Jesus and the 11 preached. I feel this is a deadly error that will send many to Hell.
-
Gal 1:8 NKJV
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
-
It is a fact that God has given humankind different requirements down through history. The Pauline Gospel of salvation by faith in what God did on the cross (His shed blood) is without precedence in the scriptures. When a person fails to see this they will always blend the Law of Moses (what Jesus and the 11 taught to the Jews) with grace and destroy both of them. Paul warned about this in Rom. 2:16 and Rom 16:25.
-
Rom 2:16 NKJV
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
-
Rom 16:25 NKJV
25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began.
-
It is clear that Jesus Christ, by His own words, did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the promised "kingdom of heaven" to the Gentiles. The following scriptures support this fact.
-
Matt 10:5-7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'
-
Matt 15:23-24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
-
Paul said: Rom 15:8 (NKJ)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
-
Note that in Matt 10:5-7 and Matt 15:23-24 Jesus said He did not come EXCEPT to the house of Israel. Jesus came to confirm/fulfill all the promises God made to the Jews that were written about Him in the O.T. His mission was to the Jews, not to the Gentiles. This is what Paul meant in Rom 15:8 above.
-

IMPORTANT NOTE: -- This is not to say that God did not have another purpose for Jesus' death on the cross. But that purpose was “hidden in God” and revealed to Paul on the road to Damascus by Jesus. (Eph 3:9). The church for this age of grace (the Church of His body) started when Paul preached the gospel of grace that was given to him by Jesus.

Eph 3:8-13
8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;
10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,
11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord,
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
13 Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
NKJV

Sounds like your God is qualified to run the IRS. His salvation plan seems to be filled with loopholes and pitfalls and penalties galore! The Paul trap? Straight to Hell with ya!