A couple more questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kna325

Dec 16, 2012
South Carolina
I want to thank everyone for responding to my previous post with so much useful information. I greatly appreciate it. And again I have more questions I was hoping could be answered.

1. What is the process in baptism and being saved? I ask this because I have been baptized and I have been saved in my past as a child and very young adult. Unfortunately I let evil things take over my life and am ashamed of the past. When I was saved though I felt... What my grandmother explains is the "holy ghost" although I don't know if that's correct but I got goosebumps started crying and felt this overwhelming feeling, and this overjoyous feeling. I want that feeling again. And I remember after saying the prayer I genuinely felt good and that I was able to be loved by God. But I've done so much sinning and went away from my faith for a long time. I am hoping to be baptized here in the next few months and would like to be saved as well. I know what it means to do these things, I understand the committment I am making and I want to make it and follow it so I just want to start over from scratch. So how does that work? Could I get baptized then saved? Do I not get saved again? Does the feeling happen again ever? My Grandmother says you only get that feeling one time in your life, is that true?

2. I started reading the bible a couple of months ago on my Kindle. I've gotten to the first Samuel and chapter 26, only one or two chapters left and I'm done. But then I read that this particular bible could have been published by the group that published the satanic bible and that many words are not included in the newer versions so I downloaded the king James version. The youth pastor at our church was talking about a story in Samuel about King David having a child with an already married woman. I don't remember reading this so I've decided to start all over with the king james version. Should I just start cover to back or should I start somewhere else? Any recommended ways or reading this?

3. I want to know others take on wearing a cross. My dad says it's a sin but my dad is on heavy drugs so I can't trust him. I decided to wear my daughters gaudy cross to work these last couple of days and have gotten some negative looks, it's a beautiful cross just BIG. I'm not trying to show off or anything but I haven't purchased a cross yet and now while wearing it, when I notice I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing, not following Gods word I grab the cross and remind myself of why I'm makig these changes. But is it wrong to wear the cross at all?

Thank you for any help or answers :)

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
kna325 said:
I want to thank everyone for responding to my previous post with so much useful information. I greatly appreciate it. And again I have more questions I was hoping could be answered.

1. What is the process in baptism and being saved? I ask this because I have been baptized and I have been saved in my past as a child and very young adult. Unfortunately I let evil things take over my life and am ashamed of the past. When I was saved though I felt... What my grandmother explains is the "holy ghost" although I don't know if that's correct but I got goosebumps started crying and felt this overwhelming feeling, and this overjoyous feeling. I want that feeling again. And I remember after saying the prayer I genuinely felt good and that I was able to be loved by God. But I've done so much sinning and went away from my faith for a long time. I am hoping to be baptized here in the next few months and would like to be saved as well. I know what it means to do these things, I understand the committment I am making and I want to make it and follow it so I just want to start over from scratch. So how does that work? Could I get baptized then saved? Do I not get saved again? Does the feeling happen again ever? My Grandmother says you only get that feeling one time in your life, is that true?

2. I started reading the bible a couple of months ago on my Kindle. I've gotten to the first Samuel and chapter 26, only one or two chapters left and I'm done. But then I read that this particular bible could have been published by the group that published the satanic bible and that many words are not included in the newer versions so I downloaded the king James version. The youth pastor at our church was talking about a story in Samuel about King David having a child with an already married woman. I don't remember reading this so I've decided to start all over with the king james version. Should I just start cover to back or should I start somewhere else? Any recommended ways or reading this?

3. I want to know others take on wearing a cross. My dad says it's a sin but my dad is on heavy drugs so I can't trust him. I decided to wear my daughters gaudy cross to work these last couple of days and have gotten some negative looks, it's a beautiful cross just BIG. I'm not trying to show off or anything but I haven't purchased a cross yet and now while wearing it, when I notice I'm doing something I shouldn't be doing, not following Gods word I grab the cross and remind myself of why I'm makig these changes. But is it wrong to wear the cross at all?

1. You can only be baptized once. Imitate Christ for He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. At baptism, the Holy Spirit descends upon you and plants the seed of faith in you. That seed of faith will grow as you study God's words and walk more like Christ.

2. The story of King David is to show that God chose David; yet, David was a sinner like all of us despite that he was God's annointed one. Just because a person is chosen by God does not mean that the person is not a sinner. God always chooses the lowly, the poor, the weak, and the worst sinner as His chosen ones.

3. I wear a cross to remind me of how much Christ loves me. There is nothing wrong with wearing a cross so long as you do not worship it.

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

One cannot do this prior to the age of accountability. You must acknowledge your sins and repent of them. You must be baptized and have hands laid on you...

Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

1Ti 4:14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

2Ti 1:6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

Holy Ghost is an unfortunate carry over from the 1611 English, it should be translated Holy Spirit.
I prefer the KJV but find the NKJV and the NASB to be pretty good also.

I do not wear a cross nor have any in my household, but then again, I do not have any pictures of Jesus either. I do not want any physical object to limit my appreciation of the God who is infinite. Hence the Commandment...

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.