A Critical Mistake

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the most serious mistake a new believer can make is NOT STAYING IN THE WORD. I made this mistake. On occasion, I did study the Bible but for the most part, I checked the box and put my Bible on a shelf. The absence of the word invites apostasy, weakens your faith, and allows cracks for darkness to invade your soul. I didn't understand how important it was to stay in the word.

I was blessed to re-new my faith later in life and really for the first time fully understand the power, growth, and enthusiasm in serving Christ that reading God's word gives you. Prayer and studying the scriptures strengthen your walk in Christ. I abandoned my faith as a young adult focusing on climbing the corporate ladder (money). I waisted a number of years that I could have been a servant. If someone would have given me a stern warning I may not have made that mistake. Looking back is not always so easy.

When we have an opportunity to witness to a new believer we should strongly suggest they make a serious commitment to reading the scriptures daily or at minimum several times a week. It will feed their soul.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the most serious mistake a new believer can make is NOT STAYING IN THE WORD. I made this mistake. On occasion, I did study the Bible but for the most part, I checked the box and put my Bible on a shelf. The absence of the word invites apostasy, weakens your faith, and allows cracks for darkness to invade your soul. I didn't understand how important it was to stay in the word.

I was blessed to re-new my faith later in life and really for the first time fully understand the power, growth, and enthusiasm in serving Christ that reading God's word gives you. Prayer and studying the scriptures strengthen your walk in Christ. I abandoned my faith as a young adult focusing on climbing the corporate ladder (money). I waisted a number of years that I could have been a servant. If someone would have given me a stern warning I may not have made that mistake. Looking back is not always so easy.

When we have an opportunity to witness to a new believer we should strongly suggest they make a serious commitment to reading the scriptures daily or at minimum several times a week. It will feed their soul.
And maybe try to join with them in some Bible study, help them get a focus on the Bible, how to read it, to learn to hear the Holy Spirit speaking to us personally.

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the Word of God. I believe Bible reading and Bible study have a great deal to do with rewriting our minds to be like Jesus.

Much love!

Reactions: MatthewG and Wynona

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do we appreciate God's word. Look into William Tyndale, perhaps his example might motivate our appreciation for what we take for granted today because of their sacrifices.

Reactions: Cassandra

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we appreciate God's word. Look into William Tyndale, perhaps his example might motivate our appreciation for what we take for granted today because of their sacrifices.
Robert I've read some about Tyndale. A courageous man. Our history is full of those who were persecuted for their faith. We have it easy for now but the day is coming when being a faithful servant of Christ will not be a walk in the park.

Reactions: Cassandra

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our old pastor taught us to read the word morning and even…but not to just plough through it chapters at a time ( unless lead) …but to read a few lines and meditate upon it and allow God to speak through it.

Another reason he encouraged us to read the word was, to “get it into us”.
The scripture says …” ..the Holy Spirit will bring all things to our remembrance..”

How can we be reminded or “remember “ something , if we never read it!

And the last reason…One day we will have no Bible. It could be banned , or we could just be sick in hospital and too ill to sit up or read…yet..IF we have the Bible word within us by daily reading it…THEN, it is written on our hearts , the word has become part of us..and in fact we no longer need a Bible …because it lives with. And He who spoke it and wrote it is within.

I’ve read the Bible Gen- Rev three times for discipline, I did not enjoy it at all.
I much prefer to let God dictate what to read and how much to read , and fellowship with Him in it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So true friend. Thank you for your encouragement it has a profound effect one someone who considers. Thank you to all the others who are encouraging too.

My mother is 60 and barely reads. Sometimes share with her if she allows me to. Even try to share with those you are so unsure of.

Just went through verse by verse on Mark 8:1-10. Jesus showed compassion, mercy, sympathy, inward affection to the people who had been following him for 3 days. Feeding 4 thousand. The disciples came and gave the food. This is a picture and a type for us to. To have compassion on those who weak in faith, to share bits and pieces of information if they are down for a Bible study that is all fine and good to or let your read to them.

It’s not always easy,
Keep faith.
Matthew G.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert I've read some about Tyndale. A courageous man. Our history is full of those who were persecuted for their faith. We have it easy for now but the day is coming when being a faithful servant of Christ will not be a walk in the park.

Yes Tex, I fully agree. Some are being persecuted around the globe even at this time, but the signs I see personally lead me to believe the stuff is about to hit the fan sir.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There hasn't been a time where being a true follower of Christ has been easy this world. True followers are mocked as religious sticks in the mud by atheists and adherents of Orthodox Christianity slander them as legalistic Judaizers or cult members simply because they keep God's commandments like the Bible says a Christian is supposed to do. Persecution has been a inescapable reality for true followers of God ever since Cain murdered Abel because they stick out like a sore thumb in a world ruled by Satan.