A Curious Question For Non-Trinitarians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I check this ongoing thread every couple days. It is amazing. I believe that Jehovah will soon, through his Son and reigning King, expose and destroy all false religion. What a relief.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it does say that “God exalted him” that God “gave him the name” and it was to be “to the glory of God the Father.” Also what translation are you quoting that has Lord in all capitals in this verse. I checked over 60 translations and could not find one. Saying Jesus “is LORD(YHWH)” is not the truth.

Have you forgotten who the Truth is???
Jesus said: "I am the Way the Truth the Life, no man comes to the FATHER but thru ME."

Therefore God/Elohim Father exalted Him to the highest place
and gave Him the Name above all names, that at the Name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is LORD(YHWH),
to the glory of God(Elohim) the Father.

Notice the scripture does not say to the glory of YHWH but to Elohim the FATHER.

Who foretold this long ago?
Who announced it from ancient times?
Was it not I, YHWH?
There is no other Elohim but Me,
a righteous El and Savior;
there is none but Me. Turn to Me and be saved,
all the ends of the earth;
for I am El,
and there is no other.
By Myself I have sworn;
truth has gone out from My mouth,
a word that will not be revoked:
Every knee will bow before Me,
every tongue will swear allegiance.
Isaiah 45:21-22

We have already been told who the Savior is that we are to turn to to be Saved = the LORD/YHWH = JESUS the Name above all names.
Jesus Christ the Lord = Yeshua HaMashiach the Yahweh

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you forgotten who the Truth is???
Jesus said: "I am the Way the Truth the Life, no man comes to the FATHER but thru ME."

Therefore God/Elohim Father exalted Him to the highest place
and gave Him the Name above all names, that at the Name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is LORD(YHWH),
to the glory of God(Elohim) the Father.

Notice the scripture does not say to the glory of YHWH but to Elohim the FATHER.

Who foretold this long ago?
Who announced it from ancient times?
Was it not I, YHWH?
There is no other Elohim but Me,
a righteous El and Savior;
there is none but Me. Turn to Me and be saved,
all the ends of the earth;
for I am El,
and there is no other.
By Myself I have sworn;
truth has gone out from My mouth,
a word that will not be revoked:
Every knee will bow before Me,
every tongue will swear allegiance.
Isaiah 45:21-22

We have already been told who the Savior is that we are to turn to to be Saved = the LORD/YHWH = JESUS the Name above all names.
Jesus Christ the Lord = Yeshua HaMashiach the Yahweh
Please tell me what translation you are quoting that reads Jesus Christ is LORD(YHWH)?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I check this ongoing thread every couple days. It is amazing. I believe that Jehovah will soon, through his Son and reigning King, expose and destroy all false religion. What a relief.

YHWH is the SON

Jesus never prayed to YHWH. JESUS only prayed to HIS FATHER.
Elohim Word was with Elohim FATHER before all creation and thru Elohim Word all things were created.
Elohim Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

jehovah witness/watchtower is the false religion that will be destroyed by YHWH for corrupting the words of Elohim Holy Spirit.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please tell me what translation you are quoting that reads Jesus Christ is LORD(YHWH)?

i just gave you Isaiah 45:21-22 = where YHWH says every knee will bow before Him and every tongue confess to Him.

Now look and SEE = "Therefore God/Elohim Father exalted Him to the highest place
in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord(Yahweh/YHWH),
to the glory of God(Elohim) the Father."

Have you not read Hebrews and Revelation where every knee and tongue in Heaven is bowing, confessing and worshiping the LORD Jesus Christ.

"And now, Father, glorify Me with Yourself with the glory I had with You before the world existed."
Read the Gospel of John and pray to escape the false religions that do not know Jesus Christ as LORD.

And anyone that scoffs in unbelief does not know the LORD nor have the Holy Spirit to SEE in the Scriptures what it plainly declares.

Last edited:

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As Timothy pointed out before, God is immortal, He cannot die. Jesus on the other hand is DEAD.
A small point - it was Paul, not Timothy, who wrote that. 1 Timothy is a letter from Paul to Timothy.

Here's another verse confirming Jesus was dead - Romans 1:3-4 (WEB):

(3) concerning his Son, who was born of the offspring of David according to the flesh,
(4) who was declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,​

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A small point - it was Paul, not Timothy, who wrote that. 1 Timothy is a letter from Paul to Timothy.

Here's another verse confirming Jesus was dead - Romans 1:3-4 (WEB):

(3) concerning his Son, who was born of the offspring of David according to the flesh,
(4) who was declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,​

Here is another verse that Jesus was dead and that HE is YHWH - Revelation chapter 1

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters; He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me,
“Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Firstborn of all creation" = you are clueless as to what this means and therefore you believe lies from the cult 'watchtower/jw.
jw's and all who reject the Gospel and ALL that the LORD spoke when HE was on this earth will give an account on their knees before HIM.

Michael is a archangel that bows his head, kneels and worships YHWH Jesus Christ = Hebrews ch1

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

For to which of the angels did He ever say:
“You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You”?
And again:
“I will be to Him a Father,
And He shall be to Me a Son”?
But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:
“Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

And of the angels He says:
“Who makes His angels spirits
And His ministers a flame of fire.”
But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;

A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
And:
“You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,
And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
They will perish, but You remain;
And they will all grow old like a garment;
Like a cloak You will fold them up,
And they will be changed.
But You are the same,
And Your years will not fail.”
But to which of the angels has He ever said:
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”?
Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

What dont you understand about the term--ALL CREATION? It cannot be twisted-all creation occurred at the beginning.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What dont you understand about the term--ALL CREATION? It cannot be twisted-all creation occurred at the beginning.

Dear Keiw, How is it that you do not understand that the SON created "ALL Things"???

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth."

John 1:1-3 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
Through Him/WordSon all things were made, and without Him/WordSon nothing was made that has been made."

HE/JESUS is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
For by Him/Jesus all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.
All things were created through Him/Jesus/Son/Word and for Him.
And HE/SON/WORD is before all things, and in HIM/SON/WORD all things consist.

And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
Colossians 1:15-18

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope, this is more confusion, all angels and heavenly beings are gods, saying Jesus is a god would be the same as saying He is a son of the Most High. believing another god exist is not having another god, worshiping another god, as a god, is having another god. Jesus teaches we are to worship the Father, Jesus is the mediator between us and the Father. you cant have a mediator for yourself, like trins believe, the Most High mediates to the Most High, which makes no sense at all.

Thomas didnt proclaim Jesus to be the Most High, your trinity doctrine is blinding you again, lost count of how many times this has been explained. but lets say that Thomas is making this proclamation, in front of the other Apostles, why did they not confirm this, yet later on in the same book we see:

but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Jesus is the Christ, Son of the Most High, this is what they believed Jesus to be. but what your saying is they, the ones trained by the living Jesus, just didnt know and rather we should believe you.
Let's examine the Apostle John's words "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1, in Greek "Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ Λόγος, καὶ ὁ Λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν, καὶ Θεὸς ἦν ὁ Λόγος").

POINT 1: significance of "the God, and God" in Greek.

Of the three clauses in John 1:1, the transition between the 2nd and 3rd clause is "τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς" which is word-for-word English as "the God, and God".

In this passage we have the word "God" (θεόν) preceeded by the definite article "the" (τὸν) with the same word "God" (θεόν) followed by the conjunction "and" (καὶ) in turn followed by the word "God" (θεὸς) in anathrous (no definite article), essentially, "τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς" which is word-for-word English as "the God, and God".

The sequence employed by John is significant because John reinforces with intensity and amplification the usage of the word "God" with John's repetition of the word "God".

It is well established that the Jews repeat things to intensify, amplify, and reinforce a point being made.

The Apostle wonderfully binds the word "God" (θεόν) and the word "God" (θεὸς) in a harmony of One - the One True God (Deuteronomy 6:4) which includes the person of the Word of God (John 1:1, John 1:14).

John clearly means the One True God, the God Most High, YHWH God (Deuteronomy 6:4), for both instances of "God" in John 1:1 because John uses the word "God" in tandem in the verse.

In Truth (John 14:6), John uses both occurrences of "God" in John 1:1 as equivalent terms.

This means that the Apostle John is calling the Word (the Word is Jesus, John 1:1, John 1:14) "God"!

POINT 2: John confesses One True God.

John knew of the commandant "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3); therefore, John referred to Jesus as YHWH God (θεὸς) with "the Word was God" in John 1:1 because John would not violate the commandment.

John has no gods before YHWH God, that is, Jesus is YHWH God according to the words of the Apostle John.

John knew that God is One (Deuteronomy 6:4), and John made it clear that Jesus is the One True God (Deuteronomy 6:4) in John 1:1.

This means that the Apostle John confesses Jesus, the Word of God, is everlasting "God"!

POINT 3: another anathrous occurrence of the word "God" (Θεὸν) in John 1.

"No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him" (John 1:18, in Greek "Θεὸν οὐδεὶς ἑώρακεν πώποτε· μονογενὴς Θεὸς ὁ ὢν εἰς τὸν κόλπον τοῦ Πατρὸς, ἐκεῖνος ἐξηγήσατο").

Recall, anathrous means a noun without an article, such as, in English, "the" for a definite article or "a" for an indefinite article.

The first occurrence of "God" (Θεὸν) in John 1:18 refers to YHWH God, yet this word "God" (Θεὸν) is anathrous, that is, there is no article, in like manner to there is no article for the word "God" (θεὸς) with "the Word was God" in John 1:1.

A Greek language semantic similarity exists between John 1:1 and the Septuagint's Nahum 1:2 in that each of these verses employ an anathrous Θεὸς (God) noun. Nahum 1:2 in the Septuagint contains an anathrous Θεὸς (God) referring to the One True God, YHWH. Here is the Greek "Θεὸς ζηλωτὴς καὶ ἐκδικῶν κύριος, ἐκδικῶν κύριος µετὰ θυµοῦ ἐκδικῶν κύριος τοὺς ὑπεναντίους αὐτοῦ, καὶ ἐξαίρων αὐτὸς τοὺς ἐχθροὺς αὐτοῦ" (Nahum 1:2) for which the Septuagint translated to English is "God is jealous, and Lord is punishing; Lord is punishing with rage; Lord is punishing his adversaries, and lifting away himself of his enemies" (Nahum 1:2) - clearly Θεὸς (God) refers to the One True God, YHWH God (Deuteronomy 6:4).

Behold, Θεὸς (God) in Nahum 1:2 is the same word as θεὸς (God) in John 1:1!

Truly, the anathrous word "God" (Θεὸν/θεὸς) in John 1:18 and John 1:1 refers to YHWH God.

This means that the Apostle John proclaims the Word of God integrally is YHWH God!!!

CONCLUSION 1 (relates to POINT 1 above):

Mere human understanding cannot understand the harmony of the word "God" (θεόν) and the word "God" (θεὸς) in John 1:1, so the hearts of unregenerate souls tear the Word of God down from Deity into a mere man; therefore, the fleshly souls persist in a state of damnation.

The Holy Spirit reveals the glorious harmony recorded in John 1:1 which declares Jesus is the One True God!

CONCLUSION 2 (relates to POINT 2 above):

John is not going to refer Jesus as God resulting in two gods.

You subtract the fullness of "God" (θεὸς) in John 1:1; therefore, you have more than one God because you say that John 1:1 contains "the Word was a god".

Since your heart contends that Jesus is "a god", then you have more than one god which places you in violation of "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3).

According to your heart's treasure, you claim to have YHWH God + Jesus a god = two gods.

CONCLUSION 3 (relates to POINT 3 above):

The anathrous Greek word for "God" translates to meaning YHWH God elsewhere besides John 1:1 in the New Testament, for example the first occurrence of the word "God" in John 1:18 does not have an article where the word "God" means YHWH God - in like manner to John 1:1.

People that claim Jesus is created and that Jesus is not YHWH God deny the Word of God.

CONCLUSION 4 (addressing your scope exceeding claim that there are many gods with respect to the New Testament)

The Greek word θεὸς (Strong's 2316 - also Θεὸν - Theos, theos [transliteration] - God, Deity, god, deity [English]) can be dependent upon surrounding grammar and context.

The Greek word ἄγγελος (Strong's 32 - aggelos [transliteration] - messenger, angel [English]) is the parlance for angel in the New Testament, and the word θεὸς (God) is never used to refer to an ἄγγελος (angel) in the New Testament.

In the 27 books of the New Testament, the word "god" is used in one of two ways.

The first way is in the good sense which is in reference to YHWH, and I prefer a capital "G" for the good sense, like this, YHWH God.

The second way is in the evil sense which can be in reference to the devil, and I prefer a lower case "g" for the evil sense, like this, the god of this world.

Only two senses for the word "god" exists, and the senses are either good or evil. There is no middle ground.

Of the over 1000 times that the Greek word θεὸς (Strong's 2316 - also Θεὸν - God, god) or it's inflections are used in the New Testament, only the good sense or the evil sense indicated above are represented, as shown in this concordance page blueletterbible.org/lexicon/g2316/nasb95/tr/0-1/, and I reviewed all the included verses to make certain - and θεὸς (God) is not used one time to indicate angels.

The good sense for the word θεὸς (God) applies to Jesus; therefore, John declares Jesus is YHWH God in John 1:1 for only God is good (Mark 4:18).

THE GREEK WORD THEOS (GOD) EXCLUSIVELY REFERS TO THE ONE TRUE GOD (DEUTERONOMY 6:4) IN THE GOOD SENSE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT, SO "IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD" (JOHN 1:1) REFERS TO JESUS AS THE ONE TRUE GOD.

This current post extends this prior post showing that the very moment the Apostle Thomas said "my God" (John 20:28) to Yeshua HaMashiyach, Thomas made clear that Jesus is El Elyon (God Most High), the One True God (Deuteronomy 6:4), and the post truthfully exposes your delusional thoughts of Jesus not being God.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It says-God created the heavens and the earth. His name is in the OT nearly 6800 x-YHWH(Jehovah) --not the son, the Father. He did it through his master worker= the son. Only the Father is the power. Jesus told you he can do 0 of his own initiative-John 5:30)-- Last line Lords prayer in many translations-The kingdom, power and glory all belong to the Father)-Hallowed be thy( Father) name= YHWH(Jehovah)--The one Jesus teaches is the only true God-John 17:3--Why wont you believe him?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Keiw, How is it that you do not understand that the SON created "ALL Things"???

John 1:1-3 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
Through Him/WordSon all things were made, and without Him/WordSon nothing was made that has been made."

HE/JESUS is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
For by Him/Jesus all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.
All things were created through Him/Jesus/Son/Word and for Him.
And HE/SON/WORD is before all things, and in HIM/SON/WORD all things consist.

And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
Colossians 1:15-18

I already showed you the translating error at John 1:1--You refuse to believe facts over errors. It is understandible, satan caused it centuries ago through the religion that came out of Rome=THE great apostasy.( and 33,999 branches)-- That is who you are being mislead to believe. Handed down from generation to generation from Parent to child.
Truth has now become abundant, here in these last days-Daniel 12:4)-- Rejected by all living in the untruths.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Since your heart contends that Jesus is "a god", then you have more than one god which places you in violation of "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3).
No, that commandment says "You shall have no other gods before me", i.e. you shall have no other gods that you consider to be greater than YHWH, or above or in front of YHWH. Believing that Jesus is YHWH's son who now has the same divine nature as YHWH, and that YHWH has given Jesus all authority in heaven and earth (Matthew 28:18), is not putting Jesus before YHWH. YHWH refers to Jesus as a god (but he is not breaking His own commandment!):

Hebrews 1:8-13 (WEB):
(8) But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. The scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your Kingdom.
(9) You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.”
(10) And, “You, Lord, in the beginning, laid the foundation of the earth. The heavens are the works of your hands.
(11) They will perish, but you continue. They all will grow old like a garment does.
(12) You will roll them up like a mantle, and they will be changed; but you are the same. Your years will not fail.”
(13) But which of the angels has he told at any time, “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies the footstool of your feet?”​

John 17:1-5 (WEB):
(1) Jesus said these things, and lifting up his eyes to heaven, he said, “Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may also glorify you;
(2) even as you gave him authority over all flesh, so he will give eternal life to all whom you have given him.
(3) This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
(4) I glorified you on the earth. I have accomplished the work which you have given me to do.
(5) Now, Father, glorify me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world existed.​

It is just like the type of Joseph in the Old Testament. Joseph (symbolic of Jesus) was given all authority in Egypt (symbolic of the whole world), only Pharaoh (symbolic of God) was above him. Genesis 41:38-45 (WEB):

(38) Pharaoh said to his servants, “Can we find such a one as this, a man in whom is the Spirit of God?”
(39) Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Because God has shown you all of this, there is no one so discreet and wise as you.
(40) You shall be over my house, and according to your word will all my people be ruled. Only in the throne I will be greater than you.
(41) Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Behold, I have set you over all the land of Egypt.”
(42) Pharaoh took off his signet ring from his hand, and put it on Joseph’s hand, and arrayed him in robes of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck.
(43) He made him ride in the second chariot which he had. They cried before him, “Bow the knee!” He set him over all the land of Egypt.
(44) Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I am Pharaoh, and without you shall no man lift up his hand or his foot in all the land of Egypt.
(45) Pharaoh called Joseph’s name Zaphenath-Paneah [meaning "God speaks, and He lives" according to some Egyptologists]; and he gave him Asenath, the daughter of Potiphera priest of On as a wife. Joseph went out over the land of Egypt.​

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that commandment says "You shall have no other gods before me", i.e. you shall have no other gods that you consider to be greater than YHWH, or above or in front of YHWH. Believing that Jesus is YHWH's son who now has the same divine nature as YHWH, and that YHWH has given Jesus all authority in heaven and earth (Matthew 28:18), is not putting Jesus before YHWH. YHWH refers to Jesus as a god (but he is not breaking His own commandment!):

Hebrews 1:8-13 (WEB):
(8) But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. The scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your Kingdom.
(9) You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows.”
(10) And, “You, Lord, in the beginning, laid the foundation of the earth. The heavens are the works of your hands.
(11) They will perish, but you continue. They all will grow old like a garment does.
(12) You will roll them up like a mantle, and they will be changed; but you are the same. Your years will not fail.”
(13) But which of the angels has he told at any time, “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies the footstool of your feet?”​

John 17:1-5 (WEB):
(1) Jesus said these things, and lifting up his eyes to heaven, he said, “Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may also glorify you;
(2) even as you gave him authority over all flesh, so he will give eternal life to all whom you have given him.
(3) This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
(4) I glorified you on the earth. I have accomplished the work which you have given me to do.
(5) Now, Father, glorify me with your own self with the glory which I had with you before the world existed.​

It is just like the type of Joseph in the Old Testament. Joseph (symbolic of Jesus) was given all authority in Egypt (symbolic of the whole world), only Pharaoh (symbolic of God) was above him. Genesis 41:38-45 (WEB):

(38) Pharaoh said to his servants, “Can we find such a one as this, a man in whom is the Spirit of God?”
(39) Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Because God has shown you all of this, there is no one so discreet and wise as you.
(40) You shall be over my house, and according to your word will all my people be ruled. Only in the throne I will be greater than you.
(41) Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Behold, I have set you over all the land of Egypt.”
(42) Pharaoh took off his signet ring from his hand, and put it on Joseph’s hand, and arrayed him in robes of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck.
(43) He made him ride in the second chariot which he had. They cried before him, “Bow the knee!” He set him over all the land of Egypt.
(44) Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I am Pharaoh, and without you shall no man lift up his hand or his foot in all the land of Egypt.
(45) Pharaoh called Joseph’s name Zaphenath-Paneah [meaning "God speaks, and He lives" according to some Egyptologists]; and he gave him Asenath, the daughter of Potiphera priest of On as a wife. Joseph went out over the land of Egypt.​

Has the LIGHT gone on yet = Jesus never prayed to YHWH, never asked about YHWH and never told anyone to worship YHWH except HIMSELF and the FATHER.
JESUS is YHWH who appeared to Moses and spoke with him = JESUS is the WORD that walked in the Garden with Adam & Eve

JESUS is YHWH where every knee shall bow and every tongue confess to HIM as YHWH. = Isaiah 45:21-22 = Philippians 2:5-11

The Eternal Elohim FATHER sent HIS Eternal Elohim SON (who emptied Himself and became flesh) so that the Eternal Elohim HOLY SPIRIT can be given to those who love YHWH the SON.

YHWH says: "Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves ME. The one who loves ME will be loved by my FATHER, and I too will love them and show MYSELF to them.” John 14:21

From Eternity past = FATHER SON HOLY SPIRIT = without THREE you cannot SEE

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Has the LIGHT gone on yet = Jesus never prayed to YHWH, never asked about YHWH and never told anyone to worship YHWH except HIMSELF and the FATHER.
Luke 6:12 (WEB):
(12) In these days, he went out to the mountain to pray, and he continued all night in prayer to God.​

Luke 4:8 (WEB):
(8) Jesus answered him, “Get behind me Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and you shall serve him only.’”​
where Jesus was quoting Deuteronomy 6:13 (WEB):
(13) You shall fear Yahweh your God; and you shall serve him, and shall swear by his name.​

JESUS is YHWH ...

The Eternal Elohim FATHER sent HIS Eternal Elohim SON (who emptied Himself and became flesh) so that the Eternal Elohim HOLY SPIRIT can be given to those who love YHWH the SON.
Where does it say that in the Bible? You're making up "YHWH the SON", "Elohim SON" and "Elohim HOLY SPIRIT", teaching there are three Gods.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 6:12 (WEB):
(12) In these days, he went out to the mountain to pray, and he continued all night in prayer to God.​

Luke 4:8 (WEB):
(8) Jesus answered him, “Get behind me Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and you shall serve him only.’”​
where Jesus was quoting Deuteronomy 6:13 (WEB):
(13) You shall fear Yahweh your God; and you shall serve him, and shall swear by his name.​

Where does it say that in the Bible? You're making up "YHWH the SON", "Elohim SON" and "Elohim HOLY SPIRIT", teaching there are three Gods.

keithr, i just want to let you know that i like you and enjoy your posts even when i may not fully agree on all aspects.

YHWH has hidden Himself in Scripture and in plain sight.
Steps to SEEING:
1 faith in the Word = "it is written" = "In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God" = 3x
2 faith in hearing the Word = "Let Us make man in Our image according to Our likeness." = 3x
3 faith in seeing the Word = "the Word became flesh and dwelt among us = Immanuel, God with us."
4 faith to trust the Word = "Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves ME."
5 faith to love the Word = "The one who loves ME will be loved by my FATHER,"
6 REWARD for 1-5 = "and I too will love them and show MYSELF to them.” John 14:21

Man was created on the 6th Day for the purpose of loving Elohim and being loved by Elohim.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Let's examine the Apostle John's words "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1, in Greek "Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ Λόγος, καὶ ὁ Λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν, καὶ Θεὸς ἦν ὁ Λόγος").

POINT 1: significance of "the God, and God" in Greek.

Of the three clauses in John 1:1, the transition between the 2nd and 3rd clause is "τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς" which is word-for-word English as "the God, and God".
this comes from a translation hundreds of years after Jesus. which way did Jesus say to write "theos"?
and thats the end of that argument

John knew of the commandant . . . .because John would not violate the commandment.

and now your basing facts on what John was thinking?

this is bad

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i just gave you Isaiah 45:21-22 = where YHWH says every knee will bow before Him and every tongue confess to Him.

Now look and SEE = "Therefore God/Elohim Father exalted Him to the highest place
in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord(Yahweh/YHWH),
to the glory of God(Elohim) the Father."

Have you not read Hebrews and Revelation where every knee and tongue in Heaven is bowing, confessing and worshiping the LORD Jesus Christ.

"And now, Father, glorify Me with Yourself with the glory I had with You before the world existed."
Read the Gospel of John and pray to escape the false religions that do not know Jesus Christ as LORD.

And anyone that scoffs in unbelief does not know the LORD nor have the Holy Spirit to SEE in the Scriptures what it plainly declares.
I am not interested in discussing any other scripture with you until you explain why you twisted Philippians 2:11.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not interested in discussing any other scripture with you until you explain why you twisted Philippians 2:11.

FAIR enough - Agree

Let us compare some words of YHWH = Isaiah 45 to JESUS in John, Hebrews and Philippians

I am the Yahweh, and there is no other;
There is no Elohim besides Me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other;
I form the light and create darkness, "in Him was light and the light was the light of men." = John 1:4

And there is no other God besides Me,
A just God and a Savior;
There is none besides Me. “Look to Me, and be saved, = looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that
was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down
at the Right Hand of the FATHER. - Hebrews 12:2

For I am God, and there is no other.
I have sworn by Myself;
The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
And shall not return,
That to Me every knee shall bow, = that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those
on earth and under the earth
Every tongue shall take an oath. = and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.