A Curious Question For Non-Trinitarians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Aunty Jane @Keiw @Butch5 @keithr @Rich R @Pierac @DavidB @MatthewG @tigger 2 @jaybird @NayborBear @Wrangler @XFire @APAK

God raised Jesus up, so Jesus is God.

Jesus says that Jesus would raise up Jesus from the dead (John 2:19-22), and God raised Jesus up from the dead (Acts 2:24); therefore, Jesus is God! Here are the relevant passages.

Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." The Jews then said, "It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?" But He was speaking of the temple of His body. So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken. (John 2:19-22).

"God raised Him up" (Apostle Peter referencing "Him" to Jesus, Acts 2:24).

Christians believe Christ.

Christ declares Jesus to be God as shown above.

Christ declares the Truth (John 14:6) that Jesus is God for the ever living Word of God (John 1:1, John 1:14) proclaims this Truth "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58), so according to the Christ, Lord Jesus existed in eternity past which means He is uncreated thus He proclaims that He is YHWH God for there is NO other that exists in eternity past (Isaiah 45:5).

We Christian's blessed Lord Jesus is God with us (Matthew 1:23 Immanuel), so Jesus, is truly Almighty YHWH God with us (Revelation 1:8), the One True God (Deuteronomy 6:4)!

The Truth (John 14:6) is that Jesus is God for the ever living Jesus proclaims this Truth "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58), so according to the Christ, Lord Jesus existed in eternity past which means He is uncreated thus He proclaims that He is YHWH God for there is NO other that exists in eternity past (Isaiah 45:5).

Immanuel (Matthew 1:23 "God with us"), Jesus, is truly Almighty God, YHWH, with us (Revelation 1:8).

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are such a hypocrite because you accuse others of having corrupt Bibles because the Bibles use LORD as a placeholder for God's Holy Name of יהוה, yet your bible uses the man-made word "Jehovah" intentionally developed NOT to be God's Holy Name of יהוה.

Here is the historical and linguistic and Spiritual explanation.

Jehovah is not an English translation for God's Holy Name of יהוה in Hebrew.

YHWH is an English translation for God's Holy Name of יהוה in Hebrew.

The Masoretic Texts of post seventh century to pre fourteenth century A.D. contain YHWH mixed with "Adonai" except the Masoretes exchanged an E for the A that starts the word Adonai then they took every other vowel starting with the first A resulting in the insertion of "eoa" into God’s Holy Name. See that "eoa" is every other letter in the word Jehovah.

The Masoretes devised the system with the intent to warn people of various languages not to use God's Holy Name of יהוה in vain.

The Masoretes method to avoid enunciating God's Holy Name of יהוה results in the man-made word "Jehovah".

You might even have seen how some people write G-d instead of God.

Essentially, the Masoretes intentionally created a code separated by an order of magnitude from God's Holy Name of יהוה.

Some English translators took the Masoretic man-made devised code into English as Jehovah.

Your New World Translation contains Jehovah after Jehovah after Jehovah, and not a single occurrence of Jehovah in the NWT is God's Holy Name!

The word "Jehovah" is a man-made word intentionally developed to be separate from God's Holy Name of YHWH, and you claim other Bibles are corrupt.

According to your own measure (Matthew 7:2), your own bible is corrupt, and you are a deceiver who rejects the Truth (John 14:6) that Jesus is everlasting God for the Word of God says that Jesus is God for the ever living Jesus proclaims this Truth "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58), so according to the Christ, Lord Jesus existed in eternity past which means He is uncreated thus He proclaims that He is YHWH God for there is NO other that exists in eternity past (Isaiah 45:5).

Immanuel (Matthew 1:23 "God with us"), Jesus, is truly Almighty God, YHWH, with us (Revelation 1:8).

This is how YHWH is with us through Jesus--John 5:30--Jesus lives only to do his Fathers will. Only speaks what the Father tells him. Coll 1:15--He is Gods image.( how one can see the Father in him) God did it all through Jesus-Acts 2:22, 1Cor 8:5-6--and all of this makes them -one- in purpose.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is how YHWH is with us through Jesus--John 5:30--Jesus lives only to do his Fathers will. Only speaks what the Father tells him. Coll 1:15--He is Gods image.( how one can see the Father in him) God did it all through Jesus-Acts 2:22, 1Cor 8:5-6--and all of this makes them -one- in purpose.

@Keiw, "You do not have His Word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent" (John 5:38) as shown in the first bullet point link below.

Your word "I and the Father are one purpose" evilly adulterates the Word (John 1:1-5, John 1:14) "I and the Father are One" (John 10:30). Truly, Jesus includes One True God (Deuteronomy 6:4) in the saying recorded by John, but your wicked heart (Jeremiah 17:9) pummels your foreign word into the valuable expanse of the Word of God.

You have been exposed as a liar about the Word of God such as your wicked claim that Jesus was created. and here are posts exposing your public deception:

So just like Charles Taze Russell, you, Keiw, you are adding to The Book of Revelation and/or you are subtracting from The Book of Revelation.

The year 1914 is not specified in the Book of Revelation; therefore, the following applies to you as a person who adds to the Book of Revelation:

"I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book" (Revelation 22:18-19).

Therefore, you are an unreliable source.

The Truth (John 14:6) is that Jesus is God for the ever living Jesus proclaims this Truth "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58), so according to the Christ, Lord Jesus existed in eternity past which means He is uncreated thus He proclaims that He is YHWH God for there is NO other that exists in eternity past (Isaiah 45:5).

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Keiw, "You do not have His Word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent" (John 5:38) as shown in the first bullet point link below.

Your word "I and the Father are one purpose" evilly adulterates the Word (John 1:1-5, John 1:14) "I and the Father are One" (John 10:30). Truly, Jesus includes One True God (Deuteronomy 6:4) in the saying recorded by John, but your wicked heart (Jeremiah 17:9) pummels your foreign word into the valuable expanse of the Word of God.

You have been exposed as a liar about the Word of God such as your wicked claim that Jesus was created. and here are posts exposing your public deception:

So just like Charles Taze Russell, you, Keiw, you are adding to The Book of Revelation and/or you are subtracting from The Book of Revelation.

The year 1914 is not specified in the Book of Revelation; therefore, the following applies to you as a person who adds to the Book of Revelation:

"I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book" (Revelation 22:18-19).

I dont believe Jesus huh? Lets see who believes him--John 17:1-6,26--( a prayer to his Father)At verse 3 Jesus assures all to get eternal life one must know the one who sent him= Father as THE ONLY TRUE GOD and know Jesus. verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) 26= YHWH(Jehovah)--- so anyone who understands english can clearly see-YHWH(Jehovah, the Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD---It takes believing Jesus over errors translated in by satans will through the religion that came out of Rome centuries ago, he beat billions.
The real reason that Jesus tells all he has a God like we do-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--The real reason he warns all of false gods and teaches all how to serve the true God correctly-John 4:22-24-- All his real followers believe him over errors. So i ask you---BELIEVE JESUS.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no difference between man serving Jesus Christ and man serving God- Jesus is God.

The reason I'm not a trinitarian is that I believe that the Father/Son/Spirit are 1 God via unity rather than via a shared substance as stated in the Trinitarian Creeds (most notably the Athanasian Creed).
Well said. Three separate Persons, One God. Like ice, water, and steam are 3 different manifestations of the same H2O.

I remember watching an episode of Star Trek where they were on a strange planet trapped by these "3 despot gods" who spoke with different voices, and I remember thinking, "that's polytheism".

When I grew up and learned that Roddenberry was a Jew who HATED HATED HATED Jesus Christ and that occultism has completely saturated and corrupted the entertainment industry which takes the Bible truth and turns it upside down to make God the bad guy and Satan the good guy, I now believe those "3 despot gods" represented the Father, Son, Holy Spirit "Godhead" but with an occult, slap in the face to Christianity.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said. Three separate Persons, One God. Like ice, water, and steam are 3 different manifestations of the same H2O.

I remember watching an episode of Star Trek where they were on a strange planet trapped by these "3 despot gods" who spoke with different voices, and I remember thinking, "that's polytheism".

When I grew up and learned that Roddenberry was a Jew who HATED HATED HATED Jesus Christ and that occultism has completely saturated and corrupted the entertainment industry which takes the Bible truth and turns it upside down to make God the bad guy and Satan the good guy, I now believe those "3 despot gods" represented the Father, Son, Holy Spirit "Godhead" but with an occult, slap in the face to Christianity.
The water analogy is actually modalism: wherein 1 person has 3 different roles.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont believe Jesus huh? Lets see who believes him--John 17:1-6,26--( a prayer to his Father)At verse 3 Jesus assures all to get eternal life one must know the one who sent him= Father as THE ONLY TRUE GOD and know Jesus. verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) 26= YHWH(Jehovah)--- so anyone who understands english can clearly see-YHWH(Jehovah, the Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD---It takes believing Jesus over errors translated in by satans will through the religion that came out of Rome centuries ago, he beat billions.
The real reason that Jesus tells all he has a God like we do-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--The real reason he warns all of false gods and teaches all how to serve the true God correctly-John 4:22-24-- All his real followers believe him over errors. So i ask you---BELIEVE JESUS.

No you do not believe Jesus because the Truth (John 14:6) is that Jesus is God for the ever living Jesus proclaims this Truth "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58) and "I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:20), so according to the Christ, Lord Jesus existed in eternity past and eternity future which means He is uncreated thus He proclaims that He is YHWH God for there is NO other that exists in eternity past (Isaiah 45:5).

Jesus reveals Himself as truly God and truly Man at His discretion.

Jesus Christ is truly Man (Luke 1:26-33) - the Son of Man, and Jesus Christ is truly God (Luke 1:34-35, John 8:58, John 20:28, John 5:18, John 10:30-31) - the Son of God.

Based on this Truth (John 14:6), Jesus Christ can refer to Himself as Man at his discretion and when He deems it is appropriate.

Furthermore. Jesus Christ can refer to Himself as God at his discretion and when He deems it is appropriate.

Here is an instance of Jesus, truly God, saying "I and the Father are One" (John 10:30) in which Jesus speaks in His capacity of God thus including both the person of Jesus and the person of the Father in the One True God.

Here is another instance, this time of Jesus, truly Man, saying "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'" (John 20:17) in which Jesus speaks in His capacity of Man thus including the person of Jesus and His brothers in one (John 17:21). See, the Son of Man being the firstborn of the born of God persons (Romans 8:29, Colossians 1:15, John 3:3-8).

We, children of God, can also refer to Jesus in his capacity as truly God as well as His capacity as truly Man. We can use context to make the distinction.

We, born of the Holy Spirit of God persons (John 3:3-8), are one in God (John 17:21) because of the indwelling Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17), thus God is One. We are the blessed beneficiaries of the Holy Spirit of God's work in us.

Therefore, you are a destructively unreliable source because you do not believe the Word of God (John 1:1-5, John 1:14).

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The water analogy is actually modalism: wherein 1 person has 3 different roles.
Y'know, you're right. It's not a good analogy after all. We must maintain that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are three separate entities, as 1 John 5:3 KJV clearly delineates. Of course, the Papal intrigue which resulted in the exaltation of the "Critical Text" Greek NT MSS is entirely understandable, seeing that the "oldest" MSS is so much less in volume than the Textus Receptus (the equivalent of the middle of the book of Acts to the last chapter of Revelation). 1 John 5:3 KJV is among the texts that "never existed in the earlier MSS".

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is everyone who disagrees with you delusional?

“The writer [of Exodus 3:14-15] ... explains it [the meaning of God's name] by the phrase EHYEH asher EHYEH(Ex. iii., 14); this can be translated `I am that I am' or more`exactly 'I am wont to be that which I am wont to be' or `I will be that which I will be .'" Encyclopedia Britannica p. 995, 14th ed., v. 12.

Moffatt’s translation - “I WILL BE”
Byington’s - “I WILL BE”
Rotherham’s - “I WILL BECOME”
Concordant Literal Version - “I-SHALL-COME-TO-BE”
Julia Smith’s - “I SHALL BE”;
Leeser’s - “I WILL BE”;
Miles Coverdale Bible (1535): “I wyl be what I wyll be.”
New World Translation - “I SHALL PROVE TO BE.”

In addition were the following alternate readings in footnotes:
American Standard Version - "I WILL BE"
NIV Study Bible - "I WILL BE"
Revised Standard Version - "I WILL BE"
New Revised Standard Version - "I WILL BE"
New English Bible - "I WILL BE"
Revised English Bible - "I WILL BE"
Living Bible - "I WILL BE"
Good News Bible - "I WILL BE."

All the places where ehyeh is used in the the books of Moses are listed below. You will find they always mean "I will be" not "I am," particularly when it is Jehovah speaking about his relationship to his people (as also in Ex. 3:14)

See ehyeh in an OT Interlinear at Exodus 3:14:

Now look up the other scriptures which use ehyeh and see how they are translated:
Genesis 26:3 (Jehovah: "I will be with you" NRSV)
Genesis 31:3 (Jehovah: "I will be with you" NRSV)
Exodus 3:12 (Jehovah: I will be with you" NRSV)
Exodus 4:12 (Jehovah: "I will be with your mouth" NRSV)
Exodus 4:15 (Jehovah: "I will be with your mouth" NRSV)
Deuteronomy 32:23 (Moses: "I will be with you" NRSV)
Very good research.

Although "I AM" is a fine name, for it testifies that Jesus exists and is alive and well, and is in control of this earth.

However, "I WILL BE" gives us more information. YHWH of the OT = Jesus of the NT. YHWH = Yahweh Elohim (Lord God in english, and Yahweh Elohim in Hebrew) (see Genesis 2:4).

Yahweh Elohim is the second God spoken of in Genesis 1-2. The first God spoken of is Elohim. (God in english, and Elohim in Hebrew)
(see Genesis 1:1).
Elohim gave His Son, Yahweh Elohim, the power and authority to create the earth and everything upon it etc. Yahweh Elohim (YHWH) was the God of the Israelites, was the God that spoke from the burning bush, that guided Moses to the promised land that spoke to Solomon, that saved Israel many times, that spoke to Daniel and to all the prophets down to Malachi.

YHWH was only in spirit form, and to be fully God like his Father Elohim, he had to obtain a body of flesh and bone (see Luke 24:39) and do all that he did to atone for our sins and be resurrected to become perfected. (see Luke 13:32)

This process that YHWH/Jesus went through describes exactly why YHWH said "I will be". He had not yet been born with a mortal body, he had not yet been sacrificed for our sins, he had not yet been resurrected with an indistructable body of flesh and bone and spirit, but he WOULD BE. YHWH was announcing that "he would be" something much different in the future than he was at the time he talked with Moses at the burning bush.

YWHW would be just like his Father ELOHIM, but only after he did what he had to do.

And today THEY sit together in the throne of God, JESUS on ELOHIM'S right side waitiing for the second coming of Jesus.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you do not believe Jesus because the Truth (John 14:6) is that Jesus is God for the ever living Jesus proclaims this Truth "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58) and "I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:20), so according to the Christ, Lord Jesus existed in eternity past and eternity future which means He is uncreated thus He proclaims that He is YHWH God for there is NO other that exists in eternity past (Isaiah 45:5).

Jesus reveals Himself as truly God and truly Man at His discretion.

Jesus Christ is truly Man (Luke 1:26-33) - the Son of Man, and Jesus Christ is truly God (Luke 1:34-35, John 8:58, John 20:28, John 5:18, John 10:30-31) - the Son of God.

Based on this Truth (John 14:6), Jesus Christ can refer to Himself as Man at his discretion and when He deems it is appropriate.

Furthermore. Jesus Christ can refer to Himself as God at his discretion and when He deems it is appropriate.

Here is an instance of Jesus, truly God, saying "I and the Father are One" (John 10:30) in which Jesus speaks in His capacity of God thus including both the person of Jesus and the person of the Father in the One True God.

Here is another instance, this time of Jesus, truly Man, saying "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'" (John 20:17) in which Jesus speaks in His capacity of Man thus including the person of Jesus and His brothers in one (John 17:21). See, the Son of Man being the firstborn of the born of God persons (Romans 8:29, Colossians 1:15, John 3:3-8).

We, children of God, can also refer to Jesus in his capacity as truly God as well as His capacity as truly Man. We can use context to make the distinction.

We, born of the Holy Spirit of God persons (John 3:3-8), are one in God (John 17:21) because of the indwelling Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17), thus God is One. We are the blessed beneficiaries of the Holy Spirit of God's work in us.

Therefore, you are a destructively unreliable source because you do not believe the Word of God (John 1:1-5, John 1:14).

I just showed you verses from the bible, every translation on earth contain those true teachings from Jesus, proving who has truth. You use many scriptures that are errors, and not found in every bible on earth= the difference.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Y'know, you're right. It's not a good analogy after all. We must maintain that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are three separate entities, as 1 John 5:3 KJV clearly delineates. Of course, the Papal intrigue which resulted in the exaltation of the "Critical Text" Greek NT MSS is entirely understandable, seeing that the "oldest" MSS is so much less in volume than the Textus Receptus (the equivalent of the middle of the book of Acts to the last chapter of Revelation). 1 John 5:3 KJV is among the texts that "never existed in the earlier MSS".
I think you meant 1 John 5:7 in the KJV.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you meant 1 John 5:7 in the KJV.
Thanks, that's exactly what I meant. Every new version based on the Critical Text NT Greek MSS is missing that verse.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every new version based on the Critical Text NT Greek MSS is missing that verse.
Not really; it's just a difference in interpretive method. The King James is based on the Textus Receptus, as are the Tyndale New Testament (1526,1534), the Coverdale Bible (1535), the Matthew Bible (1537), and a few others in the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries. But the Textus Receptus lost its prominent position as a basis of biblical textual interpretation due to the inception of textual criticism. Influential scholars paved the way for the acceptance of a critical text, on which newer versions like the ESV, NASB, and NIV are based. The Textus Receptus is not a “bad” or misleading text, either theologically or practically. Technically, however, it is far from the original text, and that's why most every newer version since the KJV is different ~ again, not in substance, theologically or practically, but in keeping much closer to the original Greek text.

Grace and peace to all.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really; it's just a difference in interpretive method. The King James is based on the Textus Receptus, as are the Tyndale New Testament (1526,1534), the Coverdale Bible (1535), the Matthew Bible (1537), and a few others in the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries. But the Textus Receptus lost its prominent position as a basis of biblical textual interpretation due to the inception of textual criticism. Influential scholars paved the way for the acceptance of a critical text, on which newer versions like the ESV, NASB, and NIV are based. The Textus Receptus is not a “bad” or misleading text, either theologically or practically. Technically, however, it is far from the original text, and that's why most every newer version since the KJV is different ~ again, not in substance, theologically or practically, but in keeping much closer to the original Greek text. Grace and peace to all.
If you thumb to the middle of the book of Acts and grab from there to the end of Revelation, that's how many words are missing from the Critical Text, including 1 John 5:7 KJV. So, it's not merely a flawed method of interpretation which has ushered many false doctrines into Christianity today, but a irreparably corrupt Critical Text MSS which is to blame, as well.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you thumb to the middle of the book of Acts and grab from there to the end of Revelation, that's how many words are missing from the Critical Text...
LOL! No... it's just a bit different in places ~ closer to a 1:1 correlation to the original Greek, but the substance is quite the same.

Grace and peace to you, Phoneman.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just showed you verses from the bible, every translation on earth contain those true teachings from Jesus, proving who has truth. You use many scriptures that are errors, and not found in every bible on earth= the difference.

@Keiw

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! No... it's just a bit different in places ~ closer to a 1:1 correlation to the original Greek, but the substance is quite the same.

Grace and peace to you, Phoneman.
Sorry, but my assessment is correct - that much is actually missing.

Curiously, we have ancient letters written between the ECFs where they are referencing Bible verses (as Christians ordinarily would do today when corresponding with fellow Christians).

These letters are very old, older than the oldest Bible MSS.

Know what? The verses which these ECF refer to are MISSING from the Critical Text, but PRESENT in the Textus Receptus. So what does that tell you? That verses such as 1 John 5:7 KJV were "never there to begin with" as is argued by proponents of the Critical Text....or....were they in fact there to begin with - as evidenced by the ECFs quoting them - but later removed by those who "corrupt the word of God" (Colossians 2:17 KJV)???

Peace upon the Israel of God, the church.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Keiw
Please can you stop posting this same reply over and over again. I've lost count of the dozens of times that you've posted it. You're not helping anyone by continuing to repeat it. We've read it (more than once). Please move on, otherewise others like me will just ignore your posts and never take any notice of what you write. It's self-defeating to keep on repeating yourself.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Keiw

Psalm 45:7--Hebrews 1:3-4 proves your bibles are filled with errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.