A Fist Full of Doubt's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truman is on the move . Let the LORD be praised my friend and my friends . JESUS ALONE is the only HOPE a soul has .

Reactions: Truman

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mother- in-law called me to let me know she made it back to Florida safe and sound.
I feel better knowing she is at least with one of her sons that will keep a better eye on her.
She is 86 and fading fast. This northern weather gets to her bones.
It's been a long 5 years for me up here and 7 years for her.
The trip, she says wasn't overly stressful, even though she couldn't make anything out but the trees.
She was on speaker phone and I got into some chit chat with my ex.
Title of the thread is... Fistful of doubts...
this song keeps playing in my head, so I'll just put it here..
no comments needed..
just feeling tired and melancholy..
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I slept in an abandoned carpark last night, on the hard concrete. You humans have nothing you can add to me, and you're lucky up to this point I haven't burnt down any of your corrupted temples or killed any of you in broad daylight.
The world is filled with disappointments friend. We all been there in one form or another.
I have a hard time letting go of the past sometimes. I think.. what could I have done differently.
But sometimes things are just meant to be.
Sorry I got snappy earlier...
I know this feeling, I been there...
Not so much the anger, but the loss... leaving one life and drifting into another..
Music is the way I share what I'm thinking and feeling.
I've slept in thet abandoned carpark and on the hard concrete, in so many ways..
sometimes I still feel that way.
Hugs

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I remember sleeping in a concrete stairwell, homeless. Getting woken and kicked out of the back seat of strangers' cars. Sleeping in the park. Robbing a church because of how they treated me.
Having someone in the crosshairs with my finger on the trigger...thank God I didn't squeeze it. Being beaten for hours by the police. Not knowing who I hated more, them or me. Religion has always been useless to me.
I've always been an outcast. Except with bikers and mobsters. Though never one of them, they always accepted me.
God is the only truly good thing I've ever known and is the only thing that makes sense to me. I got really sick and my friends and family abandoned me. This is a song I wrote about it. It took 16 years to unfold.

Busted up and broken down, all around I was let-down,
Cause ev'ryone had given up on me.
Starving for compassion, I was, in a fashion
"A fool, that, everyone should see."

Alone in the dark, in pain and afraid,
I'd never felt so ripped apart.
This went on for years, and I ran out of tears,
Then Jesus resurrected in my heart.

I died, He lives, and dwells inside of me,
I am finally assured of eternity.
He never left my side, not even when I died.
He was with me in the dark...right by my side.

Faithful is His name! By Truman Coates

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember sleeping in a concrete stairwell, homeless. Getting woken and kicked out of the back seat of strangers' cars. Sleeping in the park. Robbing a church because of how they treated me.
Having someone in the crosshairs with my finger on the trigger...thank God I didn't squeeze it. Being beaten for hours by the police. Not knowing who I hated more, them or me. Religion has always been useless to me.
I've always been an outcast. Except with bikers and mobsters. Though never one of them, they always accepted me.
God is the only truly good thing I've ever known and is the only thing that makes sense to me. I got really sick and my friends and family abandoned me. This is a song I wrote about it. It took 16 years to unfold.

Busted up and broken down, all around I was let-down,
Cause ev'ryone had given up on me.
Starving for compassion, I was, in a fashion
"A fool, that, everyone should see."

Alone in the dark, in pain and afraid,
I'd never felt so ripped apart.
This went on for years, and I ran out of tears,
Then Jesus resurrected in my heart.

I died, He lives, and dwells inside of me,
I am finally assured of eternity.
He never left my side, not even when I died.
He was with me in the dark...right by my side.

Faithful is His name! By Truman Coates
Do you have sheet music for that?
I have a guitar and an organ.
I would love to play it.
Hugs

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Oh look, a bonafide antifa cult member.
I'm not impressed. I watched you people all last summer. 120 days and nights acting like a bunch of spoiled kids, not able to get what you want.
Reeeeee
You don't understand how this works.
Good will always overcome evil.
Anything you can do is only temporary and limited within this time and space.
Our Faith is eternal.
Your sleeping in an abandoned carpark on hard concrete, is where you have put yourself.
Get a job. Your coming into spring, mow some lawns, paint a house, do for others and then you will add unto yourself.
I'll keep praying for you.
Because I care, we care, even if you don't.

Hugs
(Eve also ate the fruit of knowledge, believing that it was a good thing to become knowing like God)

It's what you are doing right now, assuming you know what's good for me. When people believe they know what's good for other people, they don't care about what the other person think's (Because what they believe is always right) So they push what they believe on the other person thinking it will help them, but ultimately it only causes the opposite in return.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truman and Ziggy

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
It's a frightening thought to realise that evil is an effect of people who believe they are acting for the cause of good.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Eve also ate the fruit of knowledge, believing that it was a good thing to becoming knowing like God)

It's what you are doing right now, assuming you know what's good for me. When people believe they know what's good for other people, they don't care about what the other person think's (Because what they believe is always right) So they push what they believe on the other person thinking it will help them, but ultimately it only causes the opposite in return.
Dude, I'm not pushing anything on you.
I just want to be your friend.
And we all have crap happening in our lives.
I just want you to know you have an ear that's listening.
What you choose to believe is your business.
You post something for me to investigate, agree to or refute,
then that's what I do.
It's called a making conversation.
And I don't want to get nasty, or name calling. I had an interesting day yesterday and my attitude wasn't in the best form.
But what you said about burning stuff down and killing people, is what brought me here in the first place.
Seattle, Washington, Portland, Oregon, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky, California..
This mindset was rampant around the country.
I literally watched the country burn for 120 consecutive days and nights. I hardly slept at all.
I was really depressed, and kept asking.. Is this all there is? Anger, hate, greed..
I know it's not, but it dragged me down.
I went on live chats with the protesters and just talked with them. Asked them why? Wasn't there other solutions?
Why are you attacking citizens when you should be protesting the lawmakers making laws you oppose?

But now I know why. They were being used by the very people they opposed to push their own agenda.

Lots of people over here in the same boat your in over there.
I just care.
That's all, no strings attached.
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll get the chords to you. I'd record it for you, except my computer doesn't work very good.
I have an HP. I think I baught it around 2014/15. It has no camera. I don't have a mic or anyway to even upload a picture.
Once upon a time I swore I would never get on the internet because the government would track you.
I think this was back in the late 90's. I mean, what was I thinking.. LOL
It took me a year to even consider buying a modem.
Well, everyone was doing it you know... and just like smoking... BOOM
Addicted!!
I had one of those zoom camera things but I didn't like people looking into my house. This was before they had those backdrops..
I forget what they call them. More 70 year olds know about this stuff then I do in my 50's LOL
And kids.. don't forget the kids.. they build them.

Progress.. LOL
HUGS

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have an HP. I think I baught it around 2014/15. It has no camera. I don't have a mic or anyway to even upload a picture.
Once upon a time I swore I would never get on the internet because the government would track you.
I think this was back in the late 90's. I mean, what was I thinking.. LOL
It took me a year to even consider buying a modem.
Well, everyone was doing it you know... and just like smoking... BOOM
Addicted!!
I had one of those zoom camera things but I didn't like people looking into my house. This was before they had those backdrops..
I forget what they call them. More 70 year olds know about this stuff then I do in my 50's LOL
And kids.. don't forget the kids.. they build them.

Progress.. LOL
HUGS
Ah, the 50s...I remember when...when I can! Lol

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never took to wind instruments. I always played strings.
Guitar, violin, harpsichord.
Music is my "thing"
:)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, I didn't know you played. I should've known...Lol! I love the violin and the harpsichord. I once had a friend who played both. And my old worship pastor used to join me on Sunday mornings with her violin. I tell you, Ziggy...Hanna, Sherri, Melissa, and I, and especially the way the Holy Spirit was moving, it was sweet!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another one for you, I.O.U.

Justice for all, both big and small
Short and tall, for rich and for poor
We won't go away until we've had our say
It's the price that we'll pay for what we stand for

Freedom to speak what's on our minds
And to express what's in our hearts
To honor each other in all that we do
Justice for me and justice for you - t.c.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a frightening thought to realise that evil is an effect of people who believe they are acting for the cause of good.
You just said that we were lucky you didn’t burn down our churches and murder us in broad daylight. Is not that evil?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have arthritis in my fingers now..
but not too long ago and not so far away..
and once upon a time..
I remember
:)