A Fist Full of Doubt's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had it in my fingers, but it seems to have disappeared.
I have trouble peeling potatoes, opening jars.
I still have my 12 string. And 2- 6 six strings. And 3 keyboards. The harpsichord.
The strings are all slack or broken from traveling and storage. The keyboards need batteries, I can't find the adapters.
And the harpsichord is out of tune and missing strings.
They are all in the garage buried among the tons of fabric that have managed to find there way into every nook and cranny.
I still have my ears though, and every now and then I shake a booty
:)
Hugs
I love the 70's, specially Disco
Shake shake shake

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have trouble peeling potatoes, opening jars.
I still have my 12 string. And 2- 6 six strings. And 3 keyboards. The harpsichord.
The strings are all slack or broken from traveling and storage. The keyboards need batteries, I can't find the adapters.
And the harpsichord is out of tune and missing strings.
They are all in the garage buried among the tons of fabric that have managed to find there way into every nook and cranny.
I still have my ears though, and every now and then I shake a booty
Hugs
I love the 70's, specially Disco
Shake shake shake
Lol! That's my era. I'm sorry your fingers are so bad. I'm glad you have all your kitty-cats.

Reactions: Ziggy

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You just said that we were lucky you didn’t burn down our churches and murder us in broad daylight. Is not that evil?
Depends on your belief point of view. It certainly wasn't evil when the God of the Bible commanded the prophets to do so. Not saying I am a prophet, but we can all think of temples and religious people who are fake.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Another one for you, I.O.U.

Justice for all, both big and small
Short and tall, for rich and for poor
We won't go away until we've had our say
It's the price that we'll pay for what we stand for

Freedom to speak what's on our minds
And to express what's in our hearts
To honor each other in all that we do
Justice for me and justice for you - t.c.
Sounds like you posted the beginning of a musical.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These people have lost their minds my friend . You need to watch this my friend .
Oh, my! Jesus sends apostles...I'm 2 minutes in and that's all I am willing to submit myself to. Oh, my! People like this will divide the church even more. Why, all of a sudden, am I wondering what it's like to be burned at the stake?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These people have lost their minds my friend . You need to watch this my friend .
The world is going to burn amigo..
and justifiably righteously so.
These people are satanic.
It's THAT WOMAN...:eek:

I'm watching the congress democrats debating that debt ceiling bill.
They want an unlimited credit card from the Federal Bank to spend us into oblivion.
Only until December 16th though.
Then we will be right where we are come christmas time..
Oh the FEAR.. we may have to shut down during christmas! Think of all the parents out of work!
No Santa Claus for the children! :eek:
I can hear it now.

Hey if you got kids, and you keep christmas, then buy what your going to buy NOW and hide it somewhere until then.
Because when then comes, Santa will be BANKRUPT!

Maybe now is a good time to bankrupt Santa.. just saying.
And put the eyes of the children back on the true giver of gifts everlasting.

Not made in China, China, China..

Ahhhh... I know now what their doing.. think about it
When our banking system is broken, who will give us a loan?
CHINA CHINA CHINA

I wonder how difficult it is to learn mandarin.. :rolleyes:

Satan is here Boyz's. Make sure your armour is fitting snuggly.
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends on your belief point of view. It certainly wasn't evil when the God of the Bible commanded the prophets to do so. Not saying I am a prophet, but we can all think of temples and religious people who are fake.
Hypothetical...

You live in a box. You invite me to live with you in your box. Things go pretty good for a few years. We agree on most things, we like the same food, go to the same movies...
then one day I decide I want to decorate your box that you invited me to live in with a menorah, a statue of Mary, A cross with Jesus on it.
I have bibles strewn all over the floor and I'm inviting my friends to come over for bible study.

What do you do? and why?
Hugs

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, unfortunately, we can. But you only find counterfeit money where there's real money. A bank teller, who is used to handling real money, can tell a fake bill by how it feels. How can one tell the difference between the good God and fake spirits?
I can because the Spirit of the God of Israel, Yeshua ha Mashiach, lives in me. I know Him intimately. How can I tell the difference from other spirits? I've also known them too. This God, who has shown His glory to me, which words cannot adequately describe, is not only Super-God, He's my loving Father.
For me, He's the first memory I have, which is from, I believe, the instant He brought me into existence. I had this memory when I was 2 years old. If you could just experience Him for 5 seconds, you would never be the same.
For me, the only sense that life makes to me is this being we call God. I like to call Him Yahweh-Elohim, the triune God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He's master of my universe and I wouldn't have it any other way! Though I haven't always thought like this.
He's 3, but He's one. Our brain has trouble making sense out of this, He's just so awesome. God, Can You give I.O.U. a revelation of You? I ask in Yeshua's name.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hypothetical...

You live in a box. You invite me to live with you in your box. Things go pretty good for a few years. We agree on most things, we like the same food, go to the same movies...
then one day I decide I want to decorate your box that you invited me to live in with a menorah, a statue of Mary, A cross with Jesus on it.
I have bibles strewn all over the floor and I'm inviting my friends to come over for bible study.

What do you do? and why?
Hugs
Personally, I'd get my guitar out and we'd praise the Lord until we gave ourselves headaches! Then there would be no arguing over doctrine! Lol

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
552 posts on one thread for an atheist! Excellent! And all us Christians are getting a real work-out! I.O.U., I owe you an apology, I thought you were irritating and frustrating, but you're turning out to be a real blessing! Thank you.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I'd get my guitar out and we'd praise the Lord until we gave ourselves headaches! Then there would be no arguing over doctrine! Lol
ok Truman, this one is for you.

Hypothetical..

You have a nice home. You have your daily schedules you do. I happened to be wandering around your neighborhood and you invited me to stay with you.
We like the same food, the same music, you vape and I smoke, and everything is good.
Then one day I bring in a couple of gargoyles, a pentagram, I hang satanic pictures on your walls.
I ask a few friends over to have seances and invoke spirits to join.

What do you do? and why?

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
552 posts on one thread for an atheist! Excellent! And all us Christians are getting a real work-out! I.O.U., I owe you an apology, I thought you were irritating and frustrating, but you're turning out to be a real blessing! Thank you.
I 2nd that
Hugs

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ok Truman, this one is for you.

Hypothetical..

You have a nice home. You have your daily schedules you do. I happened to be wandering around your neighborhood and you invited me to stay with you.
We like the same food, the same music, you vape and I smoke, and everything is good.
Then one day I bring in a couple of gargoyles, a pentagram, I hang satanic pictures on your walls.
I ask a few friends over to have seances and invoke spirits to join.

What do you do? and why?

Hugs
I get my sword and cut your head off. I'm a Levite...what'd you think I'd do! Lol Just joking! I'd probably go berserk, since I am descended from Vikings! Lol! I'd put the gargoyles on the gutters, I'd put the pentagram on the barn, I'd put the satanic pictures on the dartboard, I'd lock the doors so your friends couldn't leave, I'd cast out all of the evil spirits, I'd invite the Holy Spirit into our midst, He come and shake the house, your friends would repent and be saved, and then I'd get my guitar and we'd praise the Lord!
Then I'd go have my head examined for inviting a strange woman to live with me! Lol

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get my sword and cut your head off. I'm a Levite...what'd you think I'd do! Lol Just joking! I'd probably go berserk, since I am descended from Vikings! Lol! I'd put the gargoyles on the gutters, I'd put the pentagram on the barn, I'd put the satanic pictures on the dartboard, I'd lock the doors so your friends couldn't leave, I'd cast out all of the evil spirits, I'd invite the Holy Spirit into our midst, He come and shake the house, your friends would repent and be saved, and then I'd get my guitar and we'd praise the Lord!
Then I'd go have my head examined for inviting a strange woman to live with me! Lol

:D
Hugs

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Hypothetical...

What do you do? and why?
Hugs
About? Do I already have mary statues and crosses? Is it you who's going to decorate my box with idols? Who has Bibles all over the floor? In any case isn't less more.

Digging up an old philosophical chestnut I long forgot. Everything you own has to have it's own neural pathway set in your brain, so having more material things means creating more neural pathways to accommodate all the external information of each object. But how much is really enough? and what happens to us mentally when we clutter our mind's with inanimate objects?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About? Do I already have mary statues and crosses? Is it you who's going to decorate my box with idols? Who has Bibles all over the floor? In any case isn't less more.

Digging up an old philosophical chestnut I long forgot. Everything you own has to have it's own neural pathway set in your brain, so having more material things means creating more neural pathways to accommodate all the external information of each object. But how much is really enough? and what happens to us mentally when we clutter our mind's with inanimate objects?
I was actually agreeing with your argument about God telling the prophets to remove the temples and the fake religious people.
Your box is empty. You fill it with things that are agreeable to you. It may be a pair of shoes or a duffle bag.
It's not about how much.

So, God called out a nation to put his name there. He called it Israel.
And Israel is God's Box. And everything he wanted in it, from laws to festivals were placed inside.
Other nations were invited into the box. But over time, they began to bring in their own gods and their own social norms and celebrations.
When the owner of the box saw that his children were being indoctrinated by these other people, he commanded them to be removed.
After all, it is his box.

You said, we were lucky you didn't go out and burn down temples and kill people.
But you have to understand,
This world is not YOUR box. You have no ownership rights over other people's property or beliefs.
Therefore, if you take this "justice" into your own hands you are the one committing the crime.

So if you want to burn things down... go build yourself a temple. And then when things enter into it that you don't agree with,
you have the authority to burn it down.

So in general I was agreeing with you, that God had all authority to command those pagan worship places be destroyed.
And if people stood to defend them and they got in the way... well...
That was their choice.

Frankly, I own 2 cars. 1 runs and one don't. And 8 cats. Less than a suitcase of clothes. 1 pair of sneakers and a pair of boots.
A fall jacket I wear year round.
A computer, and a coffee mug. 2 skillets I baught for cooking and a nutribullet for making smoothies.

Everything else belongs to my dad. I have 0 claim on any of it.
Even the property I live on is his and he reminds me of that all the time.

I am of the mind that if you can't take it with you when you die, what good is it when your alive?
Your preaching to the choir bro.

Hugs

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Injustice, man. Doubts are understandable. You'd be stupid not to have any. They just need to be addressed.