A Forum Challenge - Will you join with me?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have been challenged recently - to pray before writing a response, and to pray again before hitting the post button on this forum.

I'm struggling with this challenge at the moment (Sometimes I forget and then am convicted) - but I only want to post things that I can stand before God with a clear conscious.

I can't help but wonder what this forum could look like if we took a challenge to pray before starting a post or response, and then pray again before clicking the post button. (Forgive me if I'm being presumptive and most are already doing this, and I'm a bit behind). :oops:

I don't do it with the expectation that my responses will convince others more, - but rather that God would work and change me more, and that I would hold my tongue when I should, and what I respond with would be in love. (I have a weakness to speak too much - probably reflected in some of my longer posts) ;)

Will you join me in this challenge?

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is a very good idea. I often post something without taking time to pray about it first, and then wish that I hadn't. I will try to remember to pray first. (And it just occurred to me that I didn't take the time to pray before writing this response. :oops:)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
narf
its instructional to read your old posts too imo, fwiw
not always pleasant though

Jesus spoke about giving us to eat of the hidden manna right, what is that maybe
pretty sure it will be reflected in our speech

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have been challenged recently - to pray before writing a response, and to pray again before hitting the post button on this forum.

I'm struggling with this challenge at the moment (Sometimes I forget and then am convicted) - but I only want to post things that I can stand before God with a clear conscious.

I can't help but wonder what this forum could look like if we took a challenge to pray before starting a post or response, and then pray again before clicking the post button. (Forgive me if I'm being presumptive and most are already doing this, and I'm a bit behind). :oops:

I don't do it with the expectation that my responses will convince others more, - but rather that God would work and change me more, and that I would hold my tongue when I should, and what I respond with would be in love. (I have a weakness to speak too much - probably reflected in some of my longer posts) ;)

Good thread .
I do know that our friend @amadeus prays before posting ...and if he posts something , then feels that it wasn't from the Holy Spirit , he will delete it.
My problem is, I come on here and i’m usually on a time crunch ...so I run on here , check the alerts , and posts ...dash off a couple of quick posts , then leave again. :oops:
So , guilty as charged ...I have to admit , I don’t pray over them ...

I guess my reason being that I believe in Romans 8
9 “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.”
Therefore unless I step deliberately out of the covering of His mantle... (which we do when we choose to get angry or insulted ...) ...then I trust that I remain ‘in Him’.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still don't every time!

:oops:

and if he posts something , then feels that it wasn't from the Holy Spirit , he will delete it.

I think I delete about 10% of my content before posting it, on average!

:eek:

Great reminder!

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have been on Christian forums for a great many years now. I remember, early on, the many times I would spend a lot of time writing out a post and then before hitting the 'enter' button something happened [momentary power outage or computer quirk?] that caused me to lose the whole thing. I used to get a little upset because of all of 'my' wasted time and effort. It was not immediately, but eventually I came to understand and acknowledge that God was in the loss because He was not in the writing. I wrote it... not Him. Who is our Interpreter?

This goes back to my own history long before that. When I was called to God in 1976 and began to read the Bible at age 32 for the first time in my life, I read and studied my Bible constantly. I had received the gift of the Holy Spirit in 1976, but I was seldom led by the Spirit in the reading, my studying and my life in general. In those several years I became a knowledgeable student of the Bible, but I did not know much about God... although at the time I would have not said that, nor did I believe that. I really believed that if I learned the Bible well enough I really could become like Enoch or even Jesus. If I could just learn it well! Ha! My delusion!

In the early 1990's I back slid and was gone for about 10 years. [One man on a forum argued at length with me that no one could back slide for that long.]

I stopped attending church and I stopped reading my Bible. No one had home computers and regular Internet access and such things in those days, not yet. What I had was stacks of notebooks that I had filled over the years with notes I had taken from my own Bible studies and from the preachers and teachers over the years since 1976. When I was backslid and was sure I would never get back into it again, I purposely destroyed all of those notebooks. To this day I regret my action in destroying those notebooks... but what did they contain anyway? What had I destroyed?

When I was drawn back to God in 2002 I had a computer already and God showed me a better Way. This was when I really began looking for and following God in the Spirit. [I thought that was what I was doing as a young Catholic (until 1961) and as a Pentecostal convert (between1976- to abt. 1992)... but I did not know then what lay ahead of me.] That [2002] was when I began to seek His will actively. The Leader [the Holy Ghost] had been there all of the time, but I had become proficient at quenching the Holy Spirit so I backslid... My actual return to God was a miraculous thing and my detailed testimony is given already in other places.

It was some time long after my return that I had the experiences I mentioned at the start of this post with the loss of things written to be posted. I won't say it never happens any more, but certainly not so often. I learned [God showed me] that talking to Him for Internet discussions was just as important as talking to Him in the morning or during the day when involved in any my offline secular routines.

God will at times use each one of us. If we are available He will use us for 'good', but if unavailable for that He may then use us for 'left hand' activities so that curses invoked might come to pass. We would rather, I believe, always be working in "right hand" of God type of activities. So then let us all learn to talk to and listen to God at all times... even when [or especially when] wanting to respond to someone on a forum such as this one.

"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice." Phil 4:4

"Pray without ceasing." I Thess 5:17

I still miss the way too often... but God is not finished with me yet. Now I realize better now how little I know, but... God has lifted me up! This is where the current connection with Him is important...

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Scoot and Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
On the face of it this sounds like a good idea but we are told in scripture to pray continually. And also do we pray every time we have a conversation with somebody?

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the face of it this sounds like a good idea but we are told in scripture to pray continually. And also do we pray every time we have a conversation with somebody?
In our heart we should always want to be praying. For any of us alone this is one of those impossible things, but what is impossible for God in us?

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27