A Galilean Wedding & the Second Coming ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FACT Check = open your eyes and believe what you read

After this, Jesus and His disciples went into the Judean countryside, where He spent some time with them and baptized.

23Now John was also baptizing at Aenon near Salim, because the water was plentiful there, and people kept coming to be baptized. 24(For John had not yet been thrown into prison.)

25Then a dispute arose between John’s disciples and a certain Jewg over the issue of ceremonial washing. 26So John’s disciples came to him and said, “Look, Rabbi, the One who was with you beyond the Jordan, the One you testified about—He is baptizing, and everyone is going to Him.”

27John replied, “A man can receive only what is given him from heaven. 28You yourselves can testify that I said, ‘I am not the Christ, but am sent ahead of Him.’
29He who has the bride is the bridegroom. The friend of the bridegroom stands and listens for him, and is overjoyed to hear the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. 30He must increase; I must decrease

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't deny scripture. Fact, the trinity can not have two different wives. Fact, they are already married to Israel. Fact, although a certificate of divorce was written it was never finalized as Jer. 3:8, 14, 17-18 attests. Fact, the church is never called the bride of Christ in scripture. Fact, the church is called the 'body" of Christ over and over and Christ is called the Head. What do you get when you unite the body and head? "One" completed body w/ a deeper unity than a marriage would give you. Since we are one w/ Christ and we are complete w/ him as the head, imo, that also makes "us" the bridegroom and in the ultimate act of unity (called a marriage) we shall become "one" w/ believing national Israel which is what the description of the NJ depicts.
You are trying to wiggle out of this, making stuff up ...installing facts?
Trying to rationalize your way through it: " The Trinity cannot have different wives" and then turning around and claiming "THEY ( the Trinity) are married to Israel". This lacks wisdom.
You lack the depth of the mystery and frankly we all do - we see dimly. We lack knowledge of Jesus resurrected body, hence we do not know definitively what we will be like. Our glory is coming. Do you comprehend what that will be like? No you don't.
The Trinity does not have a Bride, Jesus, the Son only has the Bride, the Church. He sacrificed His life for His Bride.
We were grafted into the vine so both Israel and the gentiles are of this same Bride.
But this Bride is not glorified ( resurrected) yet. Our spirits were quickened and cleansed, but we have not yet fully been redeemed. Our new bodies will be an upgrade and we will be wonderfully glorious, pure and brilliant.
Don't be so sure about this coming marriage or what you will be like or about heaven. We all need to be humble because we know in part. When the Bible says it's a mystery as in Ephesians 5:32, it is a mystery to everyone. Don't pretend like you know the facts! It is not only a mystery about the Church but about God as well. When will this mystery be revealed? At the las trumpet. Revelation 10:7 tells us.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are seated up there with Jesus on His throne, but you can't see anything?
2 Corinthians 5:5-8 KJV
5) Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
6) Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
7) (For we walk by faith, not by sight)
8) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

"For He has promised, I will never leave you, nor forsake you." God gave us this promise, we are not absent from Him nor He from us.

Romans 6:11 KJV
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

But we don't see Him now, as Paul wrote, we walk by faith, not by sight.

To me this means, when we close our eyes in this realm, we open them in that realm, being no more blinded by our flesh sight.

Much love!

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
5) Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
6) Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
8) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

"For He has promised, I will never leave you, nor forsake you." God gave us this promise, we are not absent from Him nor He from us.

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

To me this means, when we close our eyes in this realm, we open them in that realm, being no more blinded by our flesh sight.

Much love!
Keep in mind that the Apostle Paul is speaking of our spirit/soul that is temporarily trapped inside this vessel/tent of flesh.

So the awareness is that of this earthbound realm in which we must go thru according to the Will of God.

While in this abode we have the Holy Spirit which connects us to the Right Hand of God/Jesus and thus to God Himself.

This is the fulfillment of John ch17
that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:
I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

Therefore, no one goes to Heaven unless they are already in Heaven
Christ in you, the hope of Glory,

Reactions: marks

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

Marks, can you find scripture that validates = 'No one goes to Heaven unless they are already in Heaven'

Here is another one = Luke 10:17-20

Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”

Jesus said to them, "Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you,
but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marks, can you find scripture that validates = 'No one goes to Heaven unless they are already in Heaven'
In the current dispensation.

As I see it, those "under the altar" in the Revelation ch. 6 are the OT faithful who were martyred. I think they are in heaven waiting for those robes . . . so that they will not be unclothed.

Hebrews 11:38-40 YLT
38) of whom the world was not worthy; in deserts wandering, and in mountains, and in caves, and in the holes of the earth;
39) and these all, having been testified to through the faith, did not receive the promise,
40) God for us something better having provided, that apart from us they might not be made perfect.

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the current dispensation.

As I see it, those "under the altar" in the Revelation ch. 6 are the OT faithful who were martyred. I think they are in heaven waiting for those robes . . . so that they will not be unclothed.

Hebrews 11:38-40 YLT
38) of whom the world was not worthy; in deserts wandering, and in mountains, and in caves, and in the holes of the earth;
39) and these all, having been testified to through the faith, did not receive the promise,
40) God for us something better having provided, that apart from us they might not be made perfect.

Much love!
"that they should not be made perfect apart from us."

Here is when they are made perfect with us = Daniel 12:1-3 , 1 Thess 3:11-13

At that time Michael shall stand up,
The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people;
And there shall be a time of trouble,
Such as never was since there was a nation,
Even to that time.
And at that time your people shall be delivered,
Every one who is found written in the book.
2And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life,
Some to shame and everlasting contempt.
3Those who are wise shall shine
Like the brightness of the firmament,
And those who turn many to righteousness
Like the stars forever and ever.

Now may our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way to you. 12And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you, so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father
at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.
1 Thess 3:11-13

It was also about these people that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying,
“Behold, the Lord has come with many thousands of His holy ones,

Last edited:

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are trying to wiggle out of this, making stuff up ...installing facts?
Trying to rationalize your way through it: " The Trinity cannot have different wives" and then turning around and claiming "THEY ( the Trinity) are married to Israel". This lacks wisdom.
You lack the depth of the mystery and frankly we all do - we see dimly. We lack knowledge of Jesus resurrected body, hence we do not know definitively what we will be like. Our glory is coming. Do you comprehend what that will be like? No you don't.
The Trinity does not have a Bride, Jesus, the Son only has the Bride, the Church. He sacrificed His life for His Bride.
We were grafted into the vine so both Israel and the gentiles are of this same Bride.
But this Bride is not glorified ( resurrected) yet. Our spirits were quickened and cleansed, but we have not yet fully been redeemed. Our new bodies will be an upgrade and we will be wonderfully glorious, pure and brilliant.
Don't be so sure about this coming marriage or what you will be like or about heaven. We all need to be humble because we know in part. When the Bible says it's a mystery as in Ephesians 5:32, it is a mystery to everyone. Don't pretend like you know the facts! It is not only a mystery about the Church but about God as well. When will this mystery be revealed? At the las trumpet. Revelation 10:7 tells us.
Jesus said that he and the Father are "one" several times. "They" are "one" so there is one God w/ three personalities, so to speak, already married to one wife, but they have been separated for a long time so, imo, the wedding scenario will be more like a renewing of the vows. The sentence above makes absolute sense when one gets closer to understandingthe type of unity they have, which it what they want for us as well.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
TRUE. And soon we will be rid of this world and our flesh and see with our eyes open.
"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." 1 Cor. 13: 8-13

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"that they should not be made perfect apart from us."

Here is when they are made perfect with us = Daniel 12:1-3 , 1 Thess 3:11-13
Those under the altar are a select group of martyrs.

Much love!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Old Testament we see this concept of the Bride:

“Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
Will bring her into the wilderness,
And speak comfort to her.
I will give her her vineyards from there,
And the Valley of Achor as a door of hope;
She shall sing there,
As in the days of her youth,
As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt.
And it shall be, in that day,”
Says the Lord,
“That you will call Me ‘My Husband,’

And no longer call Me ‘My Master,’
For I will take from her mouth the names of the Baals,
And they shall be remembered by their name no more.
In that day I will make a covenant for them
With the beasts of the field,
With the birds of the air,
And with the creeping things of the ground.
Bow and sword of battle I will shatter from the earth,
To make them lie down safely.
“I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me
In righteousness and justice,
In lovingkindness and mercy;
I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
And you shall know the Lord.
“It shall come to pass in that day
That I will answer,” says the Lord;
“I will answer the heavens,
And they shall answer the earth.
The earth shall answer
With grain,
With new wine,
And with oil;
They shall answer Jezreel.
Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth,
And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy;
Then I will say to those who were not My people,
‘You are My people!’
And they shall say, ‘You are my God!’ ” Hosea 2:14-23

For your Maker is your husband,
The Lord of hosts is His name;
And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel;
He is called the God of the whole earth. Is.54:5

"For Zion’s sake I will not hold My peace,
And for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest,
Until her righteousness goes forth as brightness,
And her salvation as a lamp that burns.

The Gentiles shall see your righteousness,
And all kings your glory.
You shall be called by a new name,
Which the mouth of the Lord will name.
You shall also be a crown of glory
In the hand of the Lord,
And a royal diadem
In the hand of your God.
You shall no longer be termed Forsaken,
Nor shall your land any more be termed Desolate;
But you shall be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah;
For the Lord delights in you,
And your land shall be married.
For as a young man marries a virgin,
So shall your sons marry you;
And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride,
So shall your God rejoice over you.

I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem;
They shall never hold their peace day or night.
You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent,
And give Him no rest till He establishes
And till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
The Lord has sworn by His right hand
And by the arm of His strength:
“Surely I will no longer give your grain
As food for your enemies;
And the sons of the foreigner shall not drink your new wine,
For which you have labored.
But those who have gathered it shall eat it,
And praise the Lord;
Those who have brought it together shall drink it in My holy courts.”
Go through,
Go through the gates!
Prepare the way for the people;
Build up,
Build up the highway!
Take out the stones,
Lift up a banner for the peoples."
Is. 62:1-10

Ezek. 16 can be summed up as the "Faithless Bride"
Vs. 8-14, God loves her, protects and clothed her, cleansed and adorned her.
But then starting in vs. 15 - 59, she becomes a harlot who commits idolatrey, adultery, abominations and becomes wicked.
Vs. 22 and 38, judgment comes

Nevertheless ...

Vs. 60 God is faithful, keeps His everlasting covenant when she was in her youth. In the far off future, she will come full circle.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think that?
Revelation 6:9-11 YLT
9) And when he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony that they held,
10) and they were crying with a great voice, saying, 'Till when, O Master, the Holy and the True, dost Thou not judge and take vengeance of our blood from those dwelling upon the land?'
11) and there was given to each one white robes, and it was said to them that they may rest themselves yet a little time, till may be fulfilled also their fellow-servants and their brethren, who are about to be killed—even as they.

These were killed because of their testimony, and cry out for vengeance. There had been a pause in the martyrdoms, now they will resume.

These were killed because of the Word of God, and their testimony, but notice what's missing. There is no mention of Jesus, as there will be later,

Revelation 12:17 YLT
17) and the dragon was angry against the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her seed, those keeping the commands of God, and having the testimony of Jesus Christ.

I think I'll start a new thread for this one to not hijack Ron's thread.

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 6:9-11 YLT
9) And when he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony that they held,
10) and they were crying with a great voice, saying, 'Till when, O Master, the Holy and the True, dost Thou not judge and take vengeance of our blood from those dwelling upon the land?'
11) and there was given to each one white robes, and it was said to them that they may rest themselves yet a little time, till may be fulfilled also their fellow-servants and their brethren, who are about to be killed—even as they.

These were killed because of their testimony, and cry out for vengeance. There had been a pause in the martyrdoms, now they will resume.

These were killed because of the Word of God, and their testimony, but notice what's missing. There is no mention of Jesus, as there will be later,

Revelation 12:17 YLT
17) and the dragon was angry against the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her seed, those keeping the commands of God, and having the testimony of Jesus Christ.

I think I'll start a new thread for this one to not hijack Ron's thread.

Much love!
There has never been a pause of martydom - it has always continued = we just are not privy to the death or every Saint.
But God is.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There has never been a pause of martydom - it has always continued = we just are not privy to the death or every Saint.
But God is.
There has been a pause in a certain sort of martyrdom. Here is where we get back to dispensations. This is why I'm thinking a new thread if you'd like to pursue this.

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There has been a pause in a certain sort of martyrdom. Here is where we get back to dispensations. This is why I'm thinking a new thread if you'd like to pursue this.

Much love!
Sure - one last reply = There has never been a pause of martyrdom. There are ebbs and flows to it.

Peace

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So everyone slain since Abel until Zacharias per: "That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar." ?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So everyone slain since Abel until Zacharias per: "That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar." ?
Wow, I guess so! Everyone killed for their testimomy of God.

Much love!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man's false Pre-trib Rapture theory loves to try and use the Jewish marriage feast in attempt to explain the order of events leading up to Christ's coming.

It does NOT work. Lord Jesus did NOT use it how they push it.

In Matthew 25 with Christ's parable of the ten virgins, the virgins in the actual Jewish marriage ARE NOT BRIDES. They are like chamber maids waiting for the bridegroom.

Matt 9:15
15 And Jesus said unto them, "Can
the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast."
KJV

The children of the bridechamber, that is what we, Christ's Church are.

Who is His Bride then?

Rev 21:2
2 And I John saw
the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
KJV

Rev 21:9-10
9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying,
"Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife."
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
KJV

Lord Jesus' Bride is the New Jerusalem coming down to earth out of Heaven!

Reactions: David in NJ

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are talking about a PRE-TRIB RAPTURE, I am 100% all in. I just finished an in depth Study on another site, of where the Temple belongs, on the OPHEL, not the highest Hill. I spend 4 year, and 9 month doing that study, and never got bored. And the final piece of the puzzle I just got a couple months ago.

So why did I spend so much time on one Study? If the Jews find the TEMPLE BELONGS on the OPHEL, I believe we get to go HOME to Heaven, before the TEMPLE is actually Built. How do I figure? Without a doubt the Tribulation period is the 70th week of DANIEL. Therefore the Church-age is finished before the 70th week of Daniel can begin.

What proof did I discover, that proves the TEMPLE Belongs on the OPHEL ? ? ? Proof Postive, will be in the next Picture. That photo was found in a drawer in her father's house, after he died. She decided to share the with the world. In 1944, he was one of the British Commando's that pushed the Germans out Jerusalem and Israel. He got permission to go inside the STABLES in the Southeast corner of the so-called Temple Mt., with his camera, to what he called Solomon's Stables. But it turned out that home Stables was for the 300 horses of the ROMAN X CAVALRY. How did I prove it? It turned out without knowing it, he photographed the evidence.

1681509125225.png

Let's start with the K that was Stamped into the block, by the Building Crew. That in itself verifies this Building was Built by Herod for the Roman X Legion with 6000 Troops, & 4000 Support Staff. Herod called Mark Anthony his Best Friend, so maybe Mark Anthony asked to do it. The K turned out to be a European Code, so every Country in Europe could understand it's meaning, for "This stall is reserved for the Emperor/King". I found evidence that the Emperor came to Jerusalem at least twice. Once before 70 AD, and once after 70 AD, to Plan the building of Aelia Capitolina, after all of Ancient Jerusalem was completely disassembled.

Most Likely the X stands for "By Orders of the LEGION X Commander".

Other Evidence that the TEMPLE belongs on the OPHEL, comes from Josephus, a Historian hired by the Romans, and became a Christian, which happened after, "at the age of 14", he was a very strict Jew that was once a Council to High Priest.

1681511232559.png
Look again at the LAST 7 Words of that statement JOSEPHUS made in His History Book.