A God of Hate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?” (Job 38:2, KJV)

“Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?” (Job 40:8, KJV)
SPOT ON RIGHT MY FRIEND and the lambs wont be a heeding that one either . For if the light that be in one is darkness
then great that darkness is . No marvel either . SATAN himself can APPEAR as an angel of LIGHT
so it aint no great thing that satans ministirs can indeed creep in and appear as men of righteousness , even appearing
to be as though they are christain . Wolves decked out in sheeps attire and if they repent not at their end awaits great fire .

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Philippians 2:9
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him,
and given him a name which is above every name:

Is the name Yahweh, the name of your God, above all other names?

Welcome back, be it ever so briefly under this moniker.

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many passages in the Bible that explicitly say that Yahweh, the God of the Bible, is merciful and loving. Here’s an example:

But that’s far from the whole story. The Book of Joshua describes the conquest of the lands promised to the Israelites. Chapter 12 lists 31 kingdoms that were conquered under the leadership of Joshua. But those kingdoms weren’t just conquered. Every one of the kings of those kingdoms was killed. And not only that, but every one of the cities and towns over which those kings ruled was destroyed. And not only that, but all of the men, women, and children who lived in those cities and towns were killed:

God himself actively participated in this slaughter:

Furthermore, God ordered this slaughter:

Exactly why did God plan to slaughter all of those people? The answer is provided elsewhere in Deuteronomy:

So God didn’t want the Israelites to intermarry with the people of that region. But if God were actually merciful and loving, was there no other way to prevent the Israelites from intermarrying the indigenous people of the promised lands, or was slaughter the only possible option?

An omniscient God would have known that this problem would arise, and he could have planned for it at the time when he created the sun, the moon, the planets, the stars, the galaxies, and the earth itself. An omnipotent God could have created a force field around the entire region to prevent anyone else from entering. Then, when the Israelites arrived, he could have disabled the force field to let the Israelites enter a region that would have been fertile, lush, and unpopulated.

Or alternatively an omnipotent God could have left the promised lands at the bottom of the Mediterranean sea. Then when the Israelites arrived he could have lifted up the promised lands from the sea floor and the Israelites could have entered a region that would have been pristine, new, and uninhabited.

Or a truly omnipotent God could have lifted up all of the 31 kingdoms to carry them out of the way. If God had done that the inhabitants of that region would have been immensely grateful-- and he would thereby have gotten thousands of new followers as a result. Instead the only new followers he got were Rahab of Jericho and the other members of her whorehouse.

Slaughtering people simply for their beliefs is genocide. Yahweh certainly had plenty of time and opportunity to choose another path. Why didn’t Yahweh choose any of the options listed above? There is only one possible conclusion: Yahweh, the God of the Bible, is a God of genocide, not of love and mercy.
Well, if you go to verse one of Joshua chapter 11, it was these nations that were planning to wipe out Israel.
Jos 11:1
And it came to pass, when Jabin king of Hazor had heard those things, that he sent to Jobab king of Madon, and to the king of Shimron, and to the king of Achshaph,
Jos 11:2
And to the kings that were on the north of the mountains, and of the plains south of Chinneroth, and in the valley, and in the borders of Dor on the west,
Jos 11:3
And to the Canaanite on the east and on the west, and to the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Jebusite in the mountains, and to the Hivite under Hermon in the land of Mizpeh.
Jos 11:4
And they went out, they and all their hosts with them, much people, even as the sand that is upon the sea shore in multitude, with horses and chariots very many.
Jos 11:5
And when all these kings were met together, they came and pitched together at the waters of Merom, to fight against Israel.

This sounds a lot like Armeghedon to me. anywho..

So, God made a promise to Abraham:
Gen 12:1
Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
Gen 12:2
And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Gen 12:3
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

There's these 5 kings that are out to get Joshua and not only Joshua but Gibeon as well because they had made peace with Joshua.
And it was these 5 kings that had planned on slaughtering Gibeon and Israel.
God simply took what they had planned to do and turned it on their own heads.

Literally, they drank their own poison.

And your blaming God?

Most times if not all, the reason why nations get slaughtered is because it was that very thing they had planned to do to Israel.

You reap what you sow.

Jos 10:5
Therefore the five kings of the Amorites, the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, the king of Eglon, gathered themselves together, and went up, they and all their hosts, and encamped before Gibeon, and made war against it.
Jos 10:6
And the men of Gibeon sent unto Joshua to the camp to Gilgal, saying, Slack not thy hand from thy servants; come up to us quickly, and save us, and help us: for all the kings of the Amorites that dwell in the mountains are gathered together against us.
Jos 10:7
So Joshua ascended from Gilgal, he, and all the people of war with him, and all the mighty men of valour.
Jos 10:8
And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear them not: for I have delivered them into thine hand; there shall not a man of them stand before thee.

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Iran is in for such a surprise, as is Russia, and China.
I was going to continue with:
Kind of the same thing that's happening today.
Those that want to destroy Israel, will themselves be destroyed.
But I think there's more going on over in the middle east than we are privy to.
Over here in the states, they only give you one side of the story.
And it's usually the one that benefits the aggressor.
Propaganda everywhere....

I think Israel is being used for some more devious purpose.
I was thinking about this this morning...
You know how all around the world migration is happening?
Who's not migrating? Gaza.
So how do you get them to move?
War.
Just thinking...
Hugs

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I was going to continue with:
Kind of the same thing that's happening today.
Those that want to destroy Israel, will themselves be destroyed.
But I think there's more going on over in the middle east than we are privy to.
Over here in the states, they only give you one side of the story.
And it's usually the one that benefits the aggressor.
Propaganda everywhere....

I think Israel is being used for some more devious purpose.
I was thinking about this this morning...
You know how all around the world migration is happening?
Who's not migrating? Gaza.
So how do you get them to move?
War.
Just thinking...
Hugs

Just before Jesus does this...

2 Thessalonians 1:8-9

We who are alive will see China, Russia, Iran, come against Israel.
(They are doing it right now) as they are all "in bed together", and Hamas and Isis and Hezbollah, is/are just a part of THEM...
Its going to continue., as Bible Prophecy is TRUE.

The world, the "world system" is under the influence of Media.
News Media
Social Media

And the Devil, who is "the prince of the power of the AIR"... the AIR WAVES.. the communication of LIES, is using all available MEDIA outlets to DECEIVE the world of people, and HE has a good part of the world, right now, supporting the Haters of Israel.

Bible Prophecy is always TRUE.

Reactions: Ziggy

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What sin specifically? The only "sin" mentioned is that they were not followers of Yahweh. Do you think that anyone who refuses to worship Yahweh should be slaughtered?

Maybe you missed an earlier discussion. I said in the following posting that there have been billions and billions of people who have lived on this planet who never once in their lives had any opportunity at all to even hear about Jesus or the Bible or the Ten Commandments or the Crucifixion:

The Messiah

So how will God treat such people on the day of judgment? If belief in Jesus is required to earn eternal life then God has literally set up billions and billions of people to fail in the single most important choice they could possibly make in their lives.

A God who slaughters people simply because they don't believe in him, and who condemns billions to the everlasting fires of hell and damnation just because they don't believe in Jesus is a tyrant. Such a God is not deserving of anyone's worship.

I believe that people should be judged on the basis of their actions and deeds, not on their personal beliefs. I believe the same is true of gods. Huitzilopochtli, the Aztec god of war, required frequent ritual human sacrifice. I refuse to worship such a god because I think human sacrifice is evil. And similarly I refuse to worship a god who behaves as Yahweh has behaved because his actions are those of a tyrant!
Use the proper references.....judged...is proper reference.
God slaughters no one. You are slaughtering yourself for your assertions. You do it and then blame God. Yet He would forgive you...should you decide to repent.
Suggest you study scriptures.

Reactions: Nancy

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the God of hate.
He hates all workers of iniquity.

Psalms 5:5​

“The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.”

Are you a worker of iniquity?
Worker of iniquity? That's pretty heavy-handed. (judge not, lest ye be judged)
Maybe there is more to this than you realize.

Jesus taught us that to love our enemies is godly behavior.
What do you suppose he will do with his own enemies?
Does he hold us to a higher standard than he holds himself?

/

Reactions: Nancy

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too bad God is not powerful enough to save all of God's own creation, right? If there were such a thing as an all-powerful God of love, that would have been great.

There is another problem with your assessment. There is a difference between God creating creatures that die/ordaining the death of creatures, and God commanding the murder of innocents by creatures that have been commanded by that same God to not-murder.

According the the Hebrew scriptures, God contradicts God's own command not to murder by commanding those so commanded to murder. No amount of exegetical backflips will undue that contradiction.

What do to? If statements in the scriptures contradict what we know of God in Jesus Christ, then they are abrogated/nullified by Jesus Christ. "You have heard it was said...But I say to you." Christ is the primary revelation of God, not the Hebew scriptures, and Christ is the primary key to proper interpretation. Bible worshippers need to wake from their dogmatic slumber.
But this same Jesus also said through his apostle:

2 Tim 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
NIV

And when Paul wrote that, only the Hebrew scriptures existed.

Having said that I fully understand that in the scheme of progressive revelation -- and the two great redemptive covenants (Old & New) that divide these two covenant ages -- the OT is best understood through the lens of the NT; for the NT is concealed in the OT, and the Old is more fully revealed in the New.

Reactions: Nancy and Ziggy

keltzkroz

Dec 15, 2023
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

/
"Maybe there is more to this than you realize."

Matthew 7:23
And then will I profess unto them,
I never knew you: depart from me,
ye that work iniquity.

Luke 13:27
But he shall say, I tell you,
I know you not whence ye are; depart from me,
all ye workers of iniquity.

I am going to have to go with
NO

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

/
But there's also a theological concept called divine prerogative, which only the King of the Universe has (Deut 32:34-35).

Starise

Dec 8, 2023
Christiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The order is usually wrong here leading to the wrong conclusions.

They say, " I don't like God and I want to go my own way, so I need to build a case against Him".
Instead of looking at everything in a more realistic logical way.

They over simplify these things because it gives them more confidence to attempt a tear down. They( atheists ) do this repeatedly.
They insist we prove God to them. All the whole while their eyes and ears are closed. You will never give one what they claim they need because it's a farce.
I will show them how ridiculous a lot of what they are saying is and back it up with historical precision only to be scoffed at, which further proves to me they never wanted an answer in the first place.

Reactions: Nancy and Traveler

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The order is usually wrong here leading to the wrong conclusions.

They say, " I don't like God and I want to go my own way, so I need to build a case against Him".
Instead of looking at everything in a more realistic logical way.

They over simplify these things because it gives them more confidence to attempt a tear down. They( atheists ) do this repeatedly.
They insist we prove God to them. All the whole while their eyes and ears are closed. You will never give one what they claim they need because it's a farce.
I will show them how ridiculous a lot of what they are saying is and back it up with historical precision only to be scoffed at, which further proves to me they never wanted an answer in the first place.

That being the case, why do you think it upsets so many believers?

Reactions: St. SteVen