A God of Hate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Genocide is wholesale murder when reconciliation would have been easily achievable.

/

But only if the people are willing to accept God's reconciliation on His terms.

Something, it seems, that you are not willing to do.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The order is usually wrong here leading to the wrong conclusions.

They say, " I don't like God and I want to go my own way, so I need to build a case against Him".
Instead of looking at everything in a more realistic logical way.

They over simplify these things because it gives them more confidence to attempt a tear down. They( atheists ) do this repeatedly.
They insist we prove God to them. All the whole while their eyes and ears are closed. You will never give one what they claim they need because it's a farce.
I will show them how ridiculous a lot of what they are saying is and back it up with historical precision only to be scoffed at, which further proves to me they never wanted an answer in the first place.
Often the case, However...
Every case is different.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the other hand, Capital Punishment is just when called for by God's holy law (Rom 6:23; 7:12).
Not any more.

Galatians 3:23-25 NIV
Before the coming of this faith,[a] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

/

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not any more.

Galatians 3:23-25 NIV
Before the coming of this faith,[a] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

/
Only those justified by faith escape condemnation.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many passages in the Bible that explicitly say that Yahweh, the God of the Bible, is merciful and loving. Here’s an example:

But that’s far from the whole story. The Book of Joshua describes the conquest of the lands promised to the Israelites. Chapter 12 lists 31 kingdoms that were conquered under the leadership of Joshua. But those kingdoms weren’t just conquered. Every one of the kings of those kingdoms was killed. And not only that, but every one of the cities and towns over which those kings ruled was destroyed. And not only that, but all of the men, women, and children who lived in those cities and towns were killed:

God himself actively participated in this slaughter:

Furthermore, God ordered this slaughter:

Exactly why did God plan to slaughter all of those people? The answer is provided elsewhere in Deuteronomy:

So God didn’t want the Israelites to intermarry with the people of that region. But if God were actually merciful and loving, was there no other way to prevent the Israelites from intermarrying the indigenous people of the promised lands, or was slaughter the only possible option?

An omniscient God would have known that this problem would arise, and he could have planned for it at the time when he created the sun, the moon, the planets, the stars, the galaxies, and the earth itself. An omnipotent God could have created a force field around the entire region to prevent anyone else from entering. Then, when the Israelites arrived, he could have disabled the force field to let the Israelites enter a region that would have been fertile, lush, and unpopulated.

Or alternatively an omnipotent God could have left the promised lands at the bottom of the Mediterranean sea. Then when the Israelites arrived he could have lifted up the promised lands from the sea floor and the Israelites could have entered a region that would have been pristine, new, and uninhabited.

Or a truly omnipotent God could have lifted up all of the 31 kingdoms to carry them out of the way. If God had done that the inhabitants of that region would have been immensely grateful-- and he would thereby have gotten thousands of new followers as a result. Instead the only new followers he got were Rahab of Jericho and the other members of her whorehouse.

Slaughtering people simply for their beliefs is genocide. Yahweh certainly had plenty of time and opportunity to choose another path. Why didn’t Yahweh choose any of the options listed above? There is only one possible conclusion: Yahweh, the God of the Bible, is a God of genocide, not of love and mercy.
I don't know where this idea comes from that God is all about love and mercy. He seems to be more of a warrior. We do indeed have significant differences among various traditions spread out all over the planet. However, the one fundamental shared concept seems to be quite similar, that the world is a spiritual battle zone, which is why it looks that way. From Indonesia to the Hottentots of South Africa, the Nahuatl of Mexico, the Apaches, Chiricahua, and Papagoes of the American Southwest, along with Northeatern Nigeria, and the Vedic Poets of early Hinduism just to name a few. And everywhere in between we find people all over the globe in every culture speaking and writing about some type of spiritual battle going on.

Why does it have to be God in control of everything when the whole world from every culture since the beginning of man has spoken about gods, angels, demons, and Satan? Even the Buddha speak about the realm of angry spirits. This the invisible society of spirits do seem to be behind much that occurs in the physical world. We are often told that people suffer because they deserve it. And we seem to be able to go into great explanations expressing a confidence in God's absolute sovereignty, defined here as control, that seems to provide many believers with a great deal of security. We teach in our churches that everything is under God's control, and thereby everything is proceeding as divinely planned, and that somehow it all fits together.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only those justified by faith escape condemnation.
What does that have to do with keeping the law?

Galatians 5:4 NIV
You who are trying to be justified by the law
have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

/

doran

Oct 18, 2023
Lake Worth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that have to do with keeping the law?

Galatians 5:4 NIV
You who are trying to be justified by the law
have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

/
Everything. For those who do not obey the gospel of God don't obey the Law of Christ (1Cor 9:21; Gal 6:2; 2Jn 9) in this New Covenant economy (2Thes 1:8-9; 1Pet 4:17; Jn 12:48; 16:8-11) will be punished.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worker of iniquity? That's pretty heavy-handed. (judge not, lest ye be judged)
Maybe there is more to this than you realize.

Jesus taught us that to love our enemies is godly behavior.
What do you suppose he will do with his own enemies?
Does he hold us to a higher standard than he holds himself?

/
He loves the sinner!!!!!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How come you love the enemies of God? Are you one too?
I will be glad when God gets rid of all His enemies.
I'm not joking.
Welcome to the forum.

I think this is a common blind spot in Christianity.
Did not Christ die for us when we were still enemies? (Romans 5:8)

Jesus taught us that to love our enemies is godly behavior.
In that case, what should he do with his own? Is he hypocritical?
Does he hold us to a higher standard than he holds himself to?
Is he really a cosmic tyrant with anger management issues?

Matthew 5:43-48 NIV
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’
44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven.
He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

/

Reactions: Nancy and Starise

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How come you love the enemies of God? Are you one too?
I will be glad when God gets rid of all His enemies.
I'm not joking.
The Jew was Gods enemy, They crucified his son.

Yet God cried over Jerusalem and the Jew..

God is a God of justice, but he is also a God of love.

while his live can not overrule his justice. it does not mean he is happy with the justice he is forced to give.

Reactions: Nancy

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where ever I go I run into this tripe, Its like the shills all get their instructions on how to hammer the Christians from a common site and then proceed to troll.

Fact is Judgment only falls on the generation that is ready for it. If you look back in Genesis where God was promising the land to the descendance of Abraham, it also mentions that the local populations were not ready for judgment at that time but they would be in the future.

There is always the finger pointing regarding God using the Israelites to get rid of those people but never any mention of all the demon gods they had embraced or what their social practices had become.

Gen 15:13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; ( The years in Egypt )
Gen 15:14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
Gen 15:15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.
Gen 15:16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.
Gen 15:17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.
Gen 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
Gen 15:19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,
Gen 15:20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,
Gen 15:21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Jew was Gods enemy, They crucified his son.

Yet God cried over Jerusalem and the Jew..

God is a God of justice, but he is also a God of love.

while his live can not overrule his justice. it does not mean he is happy with the justice he is forced to give.
There is more to it than that. The Jews were scattered to make way for the time of the gentiles or the age of grace. The fact that the Jews have come back to their own land indicates that the age of grace is closing and when it does, then everything will return back to the time of the law, hence the rebuilding of the temple.

The Church gets raptured in the sixth seal. The 144000 get marked for the return to the law, That is why they are all Jews. The Israelites are only reaped or gathered before the throne of God at the end of the seven trumpets.

Note here that the Christians do not sing the song of Moses. Only the Jews do.

Rev 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
Rev 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
Rev 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is always the finger pointing regarding God using the Israelites to get rid of those people but never any mention of all the demon gods they had embraced or what their social practices had become.
Welcome to the forum.
You raise a valid point here. I appreciate the rational response.

Here's the thing I struggle to understand. Perhaps you can shed some light on this?

Why does God resort to Rambo solutions when a discussion would have worked?
The Israelites didn't offer the solution of repentance. They were under orders to slaughter EVERY living thing.
I don't think referring to this as genocide is off the mark. Send help. Thanks.

Reminds me of this song.

https://soundcloud.com/user-426611522%2Fburn-your-village
/