A God of Hate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rabbi Reuben

Dec 20, 2023
NY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Sure.
Here's one as a young adult.

After I got married, my wife and I began attending a Pentecostal church.
I wanted to learn about the biblical basis for some of the things I had been experiencing.

Part of my evangelical upbringing was to have a scriptural basis for every belief.
I was still trying to put the biblical puzzle together on things Pentecostal.
God had other plans in the interim.

The church needed me to teach Adult Sunday School classes on the Bible. Say what?
So, I was left to dig up the answers on my own.
Fortunately, my evangelical upbringing had equipped me with the study methods to do this.

At the same time I pressed in on the worship aspect. Raising hands in worship was part of the practice.
Something that was a rare occurrence in the evangelical church I was raised in.

I used to spend time at the end of the worship service enjoying God's presence. Standing there silently.
Typically this involved hands held out with palms up, in receiving mode, as it were.
This served as something like a spiritual battery charging activity in preparation for the week ahead.

As I continued in this practice, I noticed a warmth on my palms.
Thinking it was a circulation issue, I tried to shake it off. But it didn't go away.
It occurred to me that it might be a spiritual manifestation. So, I pressed on.

Being more aware of the potential manifestation, I focused on it more.
The sensation increased. It felt like warm flames on my palms.
As if each hand was an oil lamp, or candle flame.
I could actually feel a flicker, like a gentle candle flame. Hmm... interesting.

This manifestation became useful later when I began to pray with people for their healing.
Those I prayed for reported feeling a tremendous heat where my hand was laid on them.
Which was accompanied by their healing.

/
No, I said tell us something about God that is not in the bible.
I did not ask you anything about your experiences.

HOW COME YOU CANNOT DO IT?

:Happy: :Happy: :Happy: :Happy: :Happy:

Rabbi Reuben

Dec 20, 2023
NY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I’ve known him a long time, under many aliases. You flushed him out. That’s what his problem is.

You’ll cross paths with him again, under a different name. In fact, you already have.
Are you aware that if what you said is not correct
that would make you a liar before God?;)

You should really be careful what you say about others
that you really don't know the truth about it.

But don't let me stop you say on all about how you know me
and what I am and what I have done and what I am going to do
on the internet. You will reap what you sow.

• Haha
Reactions: Matthias

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I said tell us something about God that is not in the bible.
I did not ask you anything about your conversion.

I suspect you can't and you will not, because you do not know
anything about God except what you have read by another man.

:Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy:
How about you? Can you tell us outside of the Bible something about God to prove He is your Father?

Reactions: St. SteVen

Rabbi Reuben

Dec 20, 2023
NY
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How about you? Can you tell us outside of the Bible something about God to prove He is your Father?
If I have not claimed that God is my Father and you do not believe God is my Father
why are you asking me to prove to you that God is my Father?:contemplate:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I have not claimed that God is my Father and you do not believe God is my Father
why are you asking me to prove to you that God is my Father?:contemplate:
Because you ask everyone else.
I don't even understand why you ask in the first place.
God is revealed through the Bible and creation.

keltzkroz

Dec 15, 2023
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve known him a long time, under many aliases. You flushed him out. That’s what his problem is.

You’ll cross paths with him again, under a different name. In fact, you already have.
A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.
He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers;
Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.
Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you ask everyone else.
I don't even understand why you ask in the first place.
God is revealed through the Bible and creation.
I remembered later that this is the non-Christian area of the forum.
Seems to be a malicious intent.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tell me more. I tried to PM you. Not allowed.

/

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually God is revealed through His Spirit.
Ps 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Pro30:5,6 “Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

Isa 8:20 “20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

1 thes 2:13 [17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. [18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. [19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Heb 4:12
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow …

John 5:39 39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

2 Tim 3:16 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes, I think we had already established that, (sigh)

/

He recently told a staff member (under a different user name) what he was going to do and he’s doing it. He’s running wild and having himself a fine time. I asked him once why he does it. He was banned before he could answer. It fills a psychological need for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Zechariah Smyth