A little family could use some prayers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DreamsMirage

Apr 30, 2022
Southeastern KY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, everyone. I'm a new mother, I just had my son about 2 weeks ago now. We just got home from the hospital a few days ago, and my partner is currently out on parental leave to help me care for and bond with our son. We found out too late that his leave was/is not paid, and at this point we're really struggling. Our only other source of income is Doordash, but me and my son have just recently came down with a stomach bug, which makes it even harder for either of us to be able to go out and make any income to support our family. I can't go out while I'm sick and I definitely can't leave my baby while he's sick.

My partner and I currently have less than $10 in our bank accounts, we have less than a quarter tank of gas in the car, and we have a $200 car payment coming up on the 10th of May. Our son is good on pretty much everything as far as food (exclusively breastmilk-fed) diapers, clothes, etc.. Our main issue is just being able to afford gas, rent, and just feed ourselves. We have essentially run ourselves dry making sure he has everything he needs and we didn't expect to be struggling this badly so soon.

I hate having to come here to ask for prayers, especially so soon, we just really expected that we'd be more prepared for this. I usually manage everything on my own. We had savings, but those quickly disappeared when our sons birth turned into a 6+ day hospital stay at a hospital 40 minutes from our house and that money had to go to gas, food, etc.. I also planned on being able to Doordash again by now, but this stomach bug has really put me out of commission to the point where even my boyfriend can't leave for long enough to make any decent money because I'm having trouble getting around by myself and staying up to care for baby. If anyone here could say a prayer for me and my little family, please do. We really need it right now!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, everyone. I'm a new mother, I just had my son about 2 weeks ago now. We just got home from the hospital a few days ago, and my partner is currently out on parental leave to help me care for and bond with our son. We found out too late that his leave was/is not paid, and at this point we're really struggling. Our only other source of income is Doordash, but me and my son have just recently came down with a stomach bug, which makes it even harder for either of us to be able to go out and make any income to support our family. I can't go out while I'm sick and I definitely can't leave my baby while he's sick.

My partner and I currently have less than $10 in our bank accounts, we have less than a quarter tank of gas in the car, and we have a $200 car payment coming up on the 10th of May. Our son is good on pretty much everything as far as food (exclusively breastmilk-fed) diapers, clothes, etc.. Our main issue is just being able to afford gas, rent, and just feed ourselves. We have essentially run ourselves dry making sure he has everything he needs and we didn't expect to be struggling this badly so soon.

I hate having to come here to ask for prayers, especially so soon, we just really expected that we'd be more prepared for this. I usually manage everything on my own. We had savings, but those quickly disappeared when our sons birth turned into a 6+ day hospital stay at a hospital 40 minutes from our house and that money had to go to gas, food, etc.. I also planned on being able to Doordash again by now, but this stomach bug has really put me out of commission to the point where even my boyfriend can't leave for long enough to make any decent money because I'm having trouble getting around by myself and staying up to care for baby. If anyone here could say a prayer for me and my little family, please do. We really need it right now!
So sorry to hear this. Prayers. Is your husband going back to work then?

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do not be reluctant to pray all along your walk through life and with God. He really is your friend. Be a friend to Him and never let go of that... in the good times and in the hard or bad times.

I am praying now for you and your new little family. [My wife and I will be married 50 years in this coming June and have 2 great grandchildren.]

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This is a great opportunity for you to trust that God will provide for you and your family.

I had a friend who had $50.00 that was going to have to last her and her family for 2 weeks before her income came in from her new job.
My friend is married with two children. They had no other means of income until then. My friend is a very kind and caring person and she gave the last of their money away to someone who needed it more. Her husband was a little annoyed with her about that because they had nothing else to rely on now. Anyway, they decided to write out a grocery list of the things they needed and then sit down and brought this list before God. They asked that he would grant their requests according to his awesome riches in glory...and they left it there.

A few moments later, there was a knock on the door and this woman was standing on their doorstep asking if they were [their names] and they said that they were. She then said, I have somethng for you, then she went to her car and proceeded to bring them boxes and boxes of groceries which they placed on their kitchen table. My friend was absolutely speechless. She noted that the car was a green Jaguar and when the last box was taken into the house, they went to turn to thank her for her generosity but she had gone.

They looked down their long driveway which connected to the main road, expecting to see her car but it was not there....it was impossible that the car could disappear without them seeing it and they were completely blown away!

@DreamsMirage - Go and get your rent and car payments, gas needs and make a list of groceries and anything else you can think of.... Place them on the table in your kitchen and you and your husband pray over these things. Pray that God provide all your needs according to his riches in glory [which is endless] and expect a miracle!

Thank you Father that you hear your children when they call out to you for help. Please bless them and provide all that they need in Jesus mighty name! animated-praying-smiley-image-0017.gif

when you get them, please come back and let us know

:) Blessings!!! Angel

William00

Mar 13, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a great opportunity for you to trust that God will provide for you and your family.
They looked down their long driveway which connected to the main road, expecting to see her car but it was not there....it was impossible that the car could disappear without them seeing it and they were completely blown awayl

Amazing story! Was this your friend?