A man asked me are Christians good people?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In what aspect sir? If you want to see him literally, then in my best Italian, you natta gonna. But if you mean through eyes of faith, that is possible.
Robert....the disciples, after the resurrection were so animated they couldn't shut up. Their whole reality was consumed with presenting the man that blew their socks off. That's what happens when he is seen......because it embodies a truth not even the angels were aware of.

Those who know him have the same passion. They don't waste their time thrashing around in religious differences neither do they make lists of do's and donts.

Not understanding this is indicative of not seeing or of not knowing the man.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert....the disciples, after the resurrection were so animated they couldn't shut up. Their whole reality was consumed with presenting the man that blew their socks off. That's what happens when he is seen......because it embodies a truth not even the angels were aware of.

Those who know him have the same passion. They don't waste their time thrashing around in religious differences neither do they make lists of do's and donts.

Not understanding this is indicative of not seeing or of not knowing the man.

His disciples are still very zealous for the most part sir. As a group we spend at least 1.5 billion hours in speaking to others about God. You were reached by us, and I would bet everyone you know was as well, but if not, they have been at some point in their life. We are very close to reaching the entire earth with the opportunity to hear the good news of the Kingdom Mat 24:14. How we look forward to when God feels we have completed the assignment. Mat 28:19,20

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
His disciples are still very zealous for the most part sir. As a group we spend at least 1.5 billion hours in speaking to others about God. You were reached by us, and I would bet everyone you know was as well, but if not, they have been at some point in their life. We are very close to reaching the entire earth with the opportunity to hear the good news of the Kingdom Mat 24:14. How we look forward to when God feels we have completed the assignment. Mat 28:19,20
I see your focus is your good works!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see your focus is your good works!
Yes sir, we take our responsibility very seriously. But keep in mind we are still people, and some of us give more, some less, and by Jesus' parable of the talents concerning us, some likely not enough. Mat 25:14-30

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes sir, we take our responsibility very seriously. But keep in mind we are still people, and some of us give more, some less, and by Jesus' parable of the talents concerning us, some likely not enough. Mat 25:14-30

And your understanding of the message contained in the Parable of the large money empowerment from Satan, is that during the time that Satan is away in the Bottomless pit, his good and faithful servants will oppose the spreading of the Gospel. It is my understanding that these Good and Faithful servants will probably be found among the religious oppressors of the people, particularly those who believe in God's promises and acknowledge that Jesus is the Son of God who came to provide a means for our redemption with God.

In the parable of the Minas in Luke, Jesus suggested that when Satan goes away into the Bottomless Pit that Israel will send a delegation after Satan to the person whom Satan says will give him a kingdom, his lie, to tell that entity, that they no longer want Satan to "Lord" it over them. In this parable, when Satan returns, he asks that the people from Israel who did not want him to be king over them anymore be brought before him and then killed.

In answering the question, "Are Christians Good People?" my response would be, not all of them. Many of them will be found with the rouges on the earth, not to save them but to seek power over them.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I recall the Pharisees were also sticklers for 'the right thing'. They tithed mint and cumin and no doubt performed many functions to extract praise from anybody, even travelled large distances to make a single convert. They took their position and their roles very seriously........yet they killed the prince of Life.
It begs the question, what is it they refused to see; why is it they preferred their writings and practices in preference to the Nazarene?.....cuz they knew who he was, Nicodemus made that clear.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your understanding of the message contained in the Parable of the large money empowerment from Satan, is that during the time that Satan is away in the Bottomless pit, his good and faithful servants will oppose the spreading of the Gospel. It is my understanding that these Good and Faithful servants will probably be found among the religious oppressors of the people, particularly those who believe in God's promises and acknowledge that Jesus is the Son of God who came to provide a means for our redemption with God.

In the parable of the Minas in Luke, Jesus suggested that when Satan goes away into the Bottomless Pit that Israel will send a delegation after Satan to the person whom Satan says will give him a kingdom, his lie, to tell that entity, that they no longer want Satan to "Lord" it over them. In this parable, when Satan returns, he asks that the people from Israel who did not want him to be king over them anymore be brought before him and then killed.

In answering the question, "Are Christians Good People?" my response would be, not all of them. Many of them will be found with the rouges on the earth, not to save them but to seek power over them.

Then logically they aren't really Christians, correct? As Jesus said, their fruits have identified them.

The parable of the minas found in Luke was simply Luke's spin on the same parable Jay. They both have the same meaning, and it was about the assignment Jesus gave his followers. In other words pew sitters have no place in God's Kingdom.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I recall the Pharisees were also sticklers for 'the right thing'. They tithed mint and cumin and no doubt performed many functions to extract praise from anybody, even travelled large distances to make a single convert. They took their position and their roles very seriously........yet they killed the prince of Life.
It begs the question, what is it they refused to see; why is it they preferred their writings and practices in preference to the Nazarene?.....cuz they knew who he was, Nicodemus made that clear.

Jesus really answered that in one of his parables Thinkr:
(Matthew 21:33-38) . . .There was a man, a landowner, who planted a vineyard and put a fence around it and dug a winepress in it and erected a tower; then he leased it to cultivators and traveled abroad. 34 When the fruit season came around, he sent his slaves to the cultivators to collect his fruit. 35 However, the cultivators took his slaves, and they beat one up, another they killed, another they stoned. 36 Again he sent other slaves, more than the first group, but they did the same to these. 37 Lastly he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ 38 On seeing the son, the cultivators said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and get his inheritance!’

They knew who Jesus was, but they were basically gods to the underlings, so they did not want to lose their position, they wanted Jesus' role or inheritance. Just like satan wanting the worship that belongs to God, Mat 4:9

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then logically they aren't really Christians, correct? As Jesus said, their fruits have identified them.

The parable of the minas found in Luke was simply Luke's spin on the same parable Jay. They both have the same meaning, and it was about the assignment Jesus gave his followers. In other words pew sitters have no place in God's Kingdom.

As you have said, their fruits have identified them as not being Christian, and because of your flawed understanding you have also included yourself in that grouping of the "SO Called Christians." You have identified yourself as one of the tranducers that the world must endure against until the very end.

Now your response to QT shows us all how you twist the scriptures to how you want the scriptures to be understood.

They knew who Jesus was, but they were basically gods to the underlings, so they did not want to lose their position, they wanted Jesus' role or inheritance. Just like satan wanting the worship that belongs to God, Mat 4:9

Matt. 4:8-9: - 8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me."​
NKJV

Did not the man who goes away "to receive a kingdom," "Satan's words," demand that he receives all of the harvest of the souls of the peoples of the earth, but the servant whom he called "wicked," stood up to Satan and told him that he had no right to the harvest at all. Satan agreed with the wicked servant's statement but wanted it anyway.

Why is there so much foolishness among those who appoint themselves as "teachers" of the word.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you have said, their fruits have identified them as not being Christian, and because of your flawed understanding you have also included yourself in that grouping of the "SO Called Christians." You have identified yourself as one of the tranducers that the world must endure against until the very end.

Now your response to QT shows us all how you twist the scriptures to how you want the scriptures to be understood.

Matt. 4:8-9: - 8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me."​
NKJV

Did not the man who goes away "to receive a kingdom," "Satan's words," demand that he receives all of the harvest of the souls of the peoples of the earth, but the servant whom he called "wicked," stood up to Satan and told him that he had no right to the harvest at all. Satan agreed with the wicked servant's statement but wanted it anyway.

Why is there so much foolishness among those who appoint themselves as "teachers" of the word.

You have my attention Jay, what fruit do I possess that identifies me as not being a Christian sir? Please post, I do not get mad sir, and I will be glad to address your concern.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have my attention Jay, what fruit do I possess that identifies me as not being a Christian sir? Please post, I do not get mad sir, and I will be glad to address your concern.

As I have already stated, you have twisted Jesus' words to the extent that the contextual message has been changed into the opposite of what was originally being conveyed in these two parables.

There is much that you need to address in your understanding with respect to God and His Word. This is really a private matter between you and God/Christ, and your response to Him/Them is important with respect to your personal salvation.

All you have to do is to be honest with yourself.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I have already stated, you have twisted Jesus' words to the extent that the contextual message has been changed into the opposite of what was originally being conveyed in these two parables.

There is much that you need to address in your understanding with respect to God and His Word. This is really a private matter between you and God/Christ, and your response to Him/Them is important with respect to your personal salvation.

All you have to do is to be honest with yourself.

You say I do, I say you do, so put it to the test sir, post something I have twisted. How many days has it been that you have not been able to post something that I have twisted?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You say I do, I say you do, so put it to the test sir, post something I have twisted. How many days has it been that you have not been able to post something that I have twisted?

It seems you want me to tell you how you can be honest with yourself with respect to your twisted understanding of the scriptures.

You have claimed that Jesus was speaking of himself when he told the parables of the Minas and the Talents, whereas I perceive that Jesus was answering the question of what it would be like during the time after the Everlasting kingdom is established. Jesus clearly states that Satan will be giving his good and faithful servants loads of money in an effort to disrupt the Salvation of people in God's Everlasting Kingdom during the time that He is locked up in the pit for 1,000 years, before he returns for the little while period before the final judgement.

Christ on the other hand tells his disciples that they do not need loads of money to go out into all of the earth to make disciples of people. That after he is gone, He will send the Holy Spirit to teach them what they need to know, do and speak concerning the salvation of the people on the face of the earth that live around them.

When Jesus was asked what the people could do to help bring in the Kingdom of God, He simply stated that what was required of them was for them to "Believe in Him Whom He has, Sent."

What is the foundation on which the Gospel will be told when the Everlasting Kingdom is established in our near future? That Jesus is the Son of God, and that His Blood spilt through His sacrifice on the Cross is enough for our redemption.

You have a zeal to bring in the Kingdom of God, but the parables of the Minas and the Talents do not support your argument towards that outcome.

Now I can state the truth with respect to the Parables of the Minas and the Talents, but it is up to you to be able to discern that truth through the prompting of the Holy Spirit. That is where you need to be honest with yourself.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems you want me to tell you how you can be honest with yourself with respect to your twisted understanding of the scriptures.

You have claimed that Jesus was speaking of himself when he told the parables of the Minas and the Talents, whereas I perceive that Jesus was answering the question of what it would be like during the time after the Everlasting kingdom is established. Jesus clearly states that Satan will be giving his good and faithful servants loads of money in an effort to disrupt the Salvation of people in God's Everlasting Kingdom during the time that He is locked up in the pit for 1,000 years, before he returns for the little while period before the final judgement.

Christ on the other hand tells his disciples that they do not need loads of money to go out into all of the earth to make disciples of people. That after he is gone, He will send the Holy Spirit to teach them what they need to know, do and speak concerning the salvation of the people on the face of the earth that live around them.

When Jesus was asked what the people could do to help bring in the Kingdom of God, He simply stated that what was required of them was for them to "Believe in Him Whom He has, Sent."

What is the foundation on which the Gospel will be told when the Everlasting Kingdom is established in our near future? That Jesus is the Son of God, and that His Blood spilt through His sacrifice on the Cross is enough for our redemption.

You have a zeal to bring in the Kingdom of God, but the parables of the Minas and the Talents do not support your argument towards that outcome.

Now I can state the truth with respect to the Parables of the Minas and the Talents, but it is up to you to be able to discern that truth through the prompting of the Holy Spirit. That is where you need to be honest with yourself.

No sir, not at all, I gave no indication of that whatsoever, and I do not believe the parable has anything to do with money at all. Apparently you failed to understand what Jesus and I was talking about. Our assignment is to make disciples, instructing them to observe all the things Jesus commanded Mat 28:19,20

God equips us to do that, and those He teaches that pew sits and does nothing to help others and those who are zealous in their assignment is the real meaning of the parable Jay.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was the man who asked you the question a Christian or a non-Christian @Robert Gwin?

I believe in his mind he believed he was a Christian Matt. Do I consider him a Christian, no. But of course that is my opinion, as I believe that no one who is not of my faith is a Christian. Make sense sir?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I believe in his mind he believed he was a Christian Matt.

Thank you. I’ve heard Christians and non-Christians alike ask the question. I think there’s a tendency to assume that that someone asking it is a non-Christian, inquiring about Christianity.

Mahatma Gandhi, for instance, famously said that he liked the Christian’s Christ; Christians not so much.

Do I consider him a Christian, no. But of course that is my opinion, as I believe that no one who is not of my faith is a Christian. Make sense sir?

I understand where you’re coming from.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No sir, not at all, I gave no indication of that whatsoever, and I do not believe the parable has anything to do with money at all. Apparently you failed to understand what Jesus and I was talking about. Our assignment is to make disciples, instructing them to observe all the things Jesus commanded Mat 28:19,20

God equips us to do that, and those He teaches that pew sits and does nothing to help others and those who are zealous in their assignment is the real meaning of the parable Jay.

And so, you do not believe that Jesus was referring to lots of money, called "talents" in his day when He told this parable of the talents in Matt 25.

You are more slippery than an ell in changing the context of what you had originally posted.

So sad that you apply false argument techniques to cover up the truth of the matter.

I still stand by my statement that you are a tranducer.

. . . . as I believe that no one who is not of my faith is a Christian.

Thanks for that insight into your "faith."

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wasn't much to it Bey, I was bicycling on a bike trail and passed an older gentleman who was walking, on the return trip he had made quite a bit of progress, so I stopped to commend him, and I don't remember how this came up, but he asked a great question about why God allows wickedness to prevail, so naturally I started to explain the whys, as well of the wisdom behind it. He was observant that many wars were religious by nature, basically attributing it to Christians, so we had an excellent 10 minute discussion. There are many people that believe that religion should be outlawed sir. In fact look for it in the near future on a large scale, likely headed up by the UN as it is already starting in some countries.
Religion ? outlawed ? Fact is that everyone is religious in fact ! regardless of what they may claim ?
Communism is the greatest religion in fact, why well because all have to follow that religion ? Socialism is the next greatest religion that is setup so it leads fools to Communism in fact.
Religion does not Save !
Religion is works based.
Religion has failed and their is not one denomination that is worthy of Christ Jesus today, for they clearly have sold out Christ Jesus for this world. They may talk about Jesus but they do not abide in him ? One who does not abide in Christ Jesus is not Saved, for they are only religious in fact, but are not truly born again. for they are lost to this world, that Jesus pointed out, is Full of delusions and deceptions in fact. They boast of their own works in this world !

As to Good ? well the carnal mind does not know what Good is in fact, remember one dupe asked Jesus, saying good teacher and Jesus replied ?

Communism and Socialism etc does not have the Holy Spirit at all, such is a creation of madness of depraved men who are under a curse in fact, such people are all cowards at heart for they have no virtues worthy of the Grace of God.
Such people work to threaten people too their own ends that they serve and that's only delusions and deceptions, not to mention they talk about killing people as an ends. such points that such a one has no idea and is short sighted and narrow minded dupe of the dupes !

The UN is a great Whore ! full of the most evil murders in the world in fact who are not even elected by the People ! so who do they truly serve ?

Reactions: JohnPaul

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so, you do not believe that Jesus was referring to lots of money, called "talents" in his day when He told this parable of the talents in Matt 25.

You are more slippery than an ell in changing the context of what you had originally posted.

So sad that you apply false argument techniques to cover up the truth of the matter.

I still stand by my statement that you are a tranducer.

Thanks for that insight into your "faith."

Why would Jesus care about money Jay. There were other parables on it as well, it was about our assignment, and no we weren't assigned to make money for God.