A man asked me are Christians good people?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of us live up to God's standards Ron, including born again Christians. But they are no doubt exemplary, as Jehovah would not have chosen them and given them immortality in the heavens if they were otherwise no doubt.

Born again believers (all who trust in teh physical resurrection of Jesus) were chosen by god and not on the basis of any works. But you are finally beginning to see that "good" is a standard that has numerous definitions depending on who you are quoting.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup, and we know the way there..:)-
Jesus said- "My Father’s house has many rooms..I am going there to prepare a place for you..
You know the way to the place where I am going.”
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:2-6)
We change one heart at a time Drop. Sadly so very few Christians on the earth, but soon all will be. The return of Jesus is very near in our opinion anyway.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What we call truth is our truth ie, how we understand. That's a long way from 'the truth' although our ego's don't want to admit it. How we understand is a work in progress and then only when there is the courage of self honesty.

Examples?.....if I could be bothered going through your posts I would present them but frankly, I couldn't be bothered hashing through the posts. Suffice it to say, my earlier comment of 'putting out' is a summary of some of the posts I've read of yours.

Additionally, scripture is easily manipulated by variety of practises ie, misplaced context, omissions, skewed assumptions to mention a few. Statements like 'unscriptural' carry a subjective bias....and judgement.
I don't doubt that you are sincere in your beliefs, however, sincerity is not synonymous with truth. Any one of us can be sincerely wrong/mislead.

All that said, I am happy to engage if paradigm is not set up as sacrosanct, if self honesty is the priority and a willingness is present to explore the uniqueness of Jesus and his words......putting aside denominational overlays.......and of course that can only be done if there is a consciousness of them.
Thank you for your ears.

I read your reply a couple of times Thinkr, however I did not see you mention any of my posts you believe to be untrue. If you do not have an example, of course I can not address it. Put me to the test sir, make me make full proof of my ministry 2 Tim 4:5

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are God and can Judge by all means do so. However according to Jesus there is a resurrection for the unjust and the just. Because of this I do not believe what you stated which seems to be simply an opinion. This is not an attack however simply a observation from what Jesus does say, compared to what man may say - about "Heaven" - all people will receive a resurrection and according to Revelation and what is shared there by the Apostle John is there are two places people will be, outside the gate of the Heavenly Jerusalem and those who go in because of Faith.

All persons who have not received the judgment of Gehenna will be resurrected Matt. Jesus stated to us his disciples, you will know them by their fruits. You do know what that means correct? Everything anyone says is an opinion, which may be true or false, I am no exception. We can trust that the Bible contains truth, just as sure as Jehovah exists.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats false and no such thing as a "spirit" body.

Post Resurrection- Jesus said a "spirit" does not have FLESH and BONES as you see I have- touch Me and see, place your finger into MY SIDE.

hope this helps !!!

Figurative term Chris, you are correct spirit beings do not have physical bodies, however when spirit beings interact with humans they do take on physical form as you gave an example of. Why? Because we are not able to see spirit beings, and I will add for the most part, as some may be able to, but cats are able to discern them for sure.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I read your reply a couple of times Thinkr, however I did not see you mention any of my posts you believe to be untrue. If you do not have an example, of course I can not address it. Put me to the test sir, make me make full proof of my ministry 2 Tim 4:5
Have you noticed that the majority of posts are attempting to prove something Robert?
That which consists of proof in the mind of the prover carries little if any weight in mine.
Show me Jesus and I will decide for myself.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again believers (all who trust in teh physical resurrection of Jesus) were chosen by god and not on the basis of any works. But you are finally beginning to see that "good" is a standard that has numerous definitions depending on who you are quoting.

We agree that born again Christians are chosen by God Ron, but I really don't think you believe that sir. Isn't it true that you think any Christian can choose to be born again?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We agree that born again Christians are chosen by God Ron, but I really don't think you believe that sir. Isn't it true that you think any Christian can choose to be born again?

Every christian is born again despite what the lies the Watchtower teaches. And how they badly retranslate the bible concerning the 144,000 in Revelation. that is one of the worst rewtranslating of Scripture passages I have ever encountered, after their denial of the physical resurrection of Jesus.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All persons who have not received the judgment of Gehenna will be resurrected Matt. Jesus stated to us his disciples, you will know them by their fruits. You do know what that means correct? Everything anyone says is an opinion, which may be true or false, I am no exception. We can trust that the Bible contains truth, just as sure as Jehovah exists.

I dont know if God really exists or not. I simply believe and pray just as Jesus had stated to do. It is all by faith. Still believe his words concerning all resurrection.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you noticed that the majority of posts are attempting to prove something Robert?
That which consists of proof in the mind of the prover carries little if any weight in mine.
Show me Jesus and I will decide for myself.

I would certainly hope that would be the case with mine Thinkr. As an obedient Christian, I try to make full proof of my ministry as the verse stated. Of course whether it carries any weight or not depends on the type of soil it falls on, one of us plants, another waters, but inevitably it is God that makes it grow sir.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would certainly hope that would be the case with mine Thinkr. As an obedient Christian, I try to make full proof of my ministry as the verse stated. Of course whether it carries any weight or not depends on the type of soil it falls on, one of us plants, another waters, but inevitably it is God that makes it grow sir.
soooo, show me Jesus!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every christian is born again despite what the lies the Watchtower teaches. And how they badly retranslate the bible concerning the 144,000 in Revelation. that is one of the worst rewtranslating of Scripture passages I have ever encountered, after their denial of the physical resurrection of Jesus.

Silly of us huh Ron, oh well time will tell sir. You probably think all Christians go to heaven as well. Wonder who all those righteous non-Christians that inherit the earth will be. I guess your watchtower and ours parts ways on this.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know if God really exists or not. I simply believe and pray just as Jesus had stated to do. It is all by faith. Still believe his words concerning all resurrection.

Matt, I believe that is the most honest statement I have ever been told by someone else. I can't count the number of people who have told me they have zero doubt that God exists, that do not even serve Him. I spend a great deal of my life serving God, and there is a percentage of doubt in me as well. I believe that if there was no doubt in someones mind, they would do all they could to serve Him. But of course that is just my opinion.

What truly convinces me the most is the Bible sir, it's accuracy of prophecy is something that is way beyond human skills. Many people put their faith in prophets like Nostradamus who was wrong many times. The Bible to date, in my opinion anyway has never been wrong. Look at all the fulfilled prophesies of Jesus alone, and that has to convince you that something superhuman has to exist.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Silly of us huh Ron, oh well time will tell sir. You probably think all Christians go to heaven as well. Wonder who all those righteous non-Christians that inherit the earth will be. I guess your watchtower and ours parts ways on this.

Every Christian will go to heaven. I don't have a watchtower, just the bible.

Teh church ends when the rapture occurs, and all those that inherit and repopulate the earth for 1,000 years will be the righteous survivors of the 70th week of Daniel, or the tribulation as we call it..

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How so Matt? I have had another person say that to me, but I remember he used the term religious.

Christians persecuting Christians is an old, old story. There’s nothing especially noteworthy or unique about what I’ve experienced at their hands.

Give me a good non-Christian over a bad Christian.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about we do this: Let's do "as much good as we can, by as many means as we can, for as many people as we can, for as long as we ever can" (echo of John Wesley intentional), without having any thought for our own goodness - or for the goodness of others.

In the end, Christ will be the judge anyway. Not us.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every Christian will go to heaven. I don't have a watchtower, just the bible.

Teh church ends when the rapture occurs, and all those that inherit and repopulate the earth for 1,000 years will be the righteous survivors of the 70th week of Daniel, or the tribulation as we call it..

Then you are very well aware of Jesus' words found at Mat 5:3 that he was basically referring to Ps 37 with correct? You have prayed for God's Kingdom to come sir, where was you intending it to come to, and from where?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians persecuting Christians is an old, old story. There’s nothing especially noteworthy or unique about what I’ve experienced at their hands.

Give me a good non-Christian over a bad Christian.

Although it is rare, it does happen Matt, it has plagued God's people even before we became Christians. Why? Because we are imperfect, so at times all of us display the works of the flesh, like another thread is discussing right now.

Reactions: Matthias