A mature Christian, makes work a priority (selah). Discuss.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So there is a simple point here, that I think people have tried to nail for some time, but which is expressly easier to interpret with the help of the Holy Spirit. We are not saved by works, but once maturity is reached, the decision to make "works" a 'priority' is foreknown.
Gottservant said:
A mature Christian, makes work a priority (selah)
This is one, if not "the" most outstanding difference between Christianity and other religions - other religions count their "faith" as a work, and then do nothing! You will never hear a Christian praise another religion, that doesn't first demonstrate the power of its works!

Jesus knew that works were important (to put it bluntly!) and went so far as to say "you are free to believe My Works, instead of [believing in] Me" - Jesus wasn't caught up on what would or would not serve as inspiration, to those that came after Him. Jesus also understood that we had to mature, to this end - He said "You believe in God, believe also in Me" and elsewhere "as it was written 'they shall all be taught by God'" The exact amount of time necessary to "mature" is not known, it depends on a number of factors including circumstance, experience and motivation. It doesn't happen in a vacuum, but it does happen.

What we really want, is a culture that recognises the need to mature, to separate the mature from the immature and allow both to grow. Iron sharpens iron, if our culture was this way inclined the promise of the Holy Spirit would become clear to us - His is the opportunity we should be seeking after. Don't listen to my words, but what I try to make clear. If you can do this, you will get a lot closer to the intended maturity - as was evidenced in the Holy Spirit. There is always a distinction that a maturity can make - I am making this one, to save you time - that is where our prayers should be: making works a priority. I will pray for you to this end, but at some point you should be praying for yourselves, if you truly want to disempower sin and advance righteousness, as Jesus said we would - the Devil will try to get in the way, yes, but if we understand that he neither desires to mature nor do good works, seeing him punished will come naturally -- as will make us strong Christians!
Gottservant said:
A mature Christian, makes work a priority (selah)
If you can work with me, in this, together we can achieve so much more, than the Church was going to. It's not a bad thing, that the Church hasn't done this to date, its simply an expectation that works greatly under the power of God - to achieve the works, that God foreplanned for His Children to do. You can be trusted, if you keep this up - its not a vain effort, the more consistently you work this way, the greater the power that will be added to you. There are many traditions in the Church, what is dividing us is thinking we need to determine our works on our own - the Holy Spirit is waiting to help you! Pray to the Holy Spirit that He will make this clear to you - I am not making this complicated: I am struggling with a devil that does not care less "what" commitment I have made, to help you through this. Your Heavenly Father will attest to what I am saying here.

Boy, this is tiring. I hope it has been of some inspiration: just memorise what I said: get a focus on maturity, ask the Holy Spirit to make your works a priority and watch Jesus make the difference! For the Glory of His Father in Heaven!

Reactions: Azim and Rita

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just to add: resisting the anti-Christ, with faith, is the least work you can do.

If all you ever do is resist the anti-Christ, with faith, you will have great reward in Heaven.

Everything we do, should be a reflection of the Greatness of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

As the Holy Spirit's word lived in Christ, so also will His Word live in us.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When I was part of a church I felt a very strong conviction that we had things the wrong way round with regards to what we were doing. We would plan, sort out what we would do and then commit that to prayer. I always felt that what we should be doing was to pray first, seek what God wanted us to do and then plan around that…….many are doing things planned by men, which is a great distraction and a victory to the enemy.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 3:8

King James Version

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

I don't see good works being affirmed constantly today. I see them being spoken against as if those who do good works are trying to earn their own salvation.

Reactions: Azim and amadeus

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our works shouldn't be a labor. It should be a manifestation for our love for God. Whatever works God has planned for us to bring forth, for Him, should bring us great joy when we are going about it.

Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just to be clear: if we have faith, we either make work a priority or we make work a great priority.

That's our choice.

Reactions: Azim

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If work is a priority, you don't simply propose grace (selah) - you might have the power to, but you don't waste it.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
^^^ a mature Christian makes work a priority selah discuss - Thread title

Perhaps the title should read: - A mature Christian's good deeds should be their priority. Discuss.

It is our fruit that we generate through our good deeds that bring Glory to God's Holy Name for people to experience and understand our Christian purpose in this present life.

Shelah/Shalom

Reactions: Gottservant