"A Multitudinous and Confusing Collection"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
Quite a few years ago, I decided to look up the word "wilderness" in the dictionary. The first 3 or so definitions described a place what was off the beaten path. However, when I got to the last definition, I was struck by how this definition fit perfectly into the meaning in Revelations.
That definition of wilderness was - "a multitudinous and confusing collection". In other words, it wasn't a place at all. Multitudinous means many and the collection was difficult to understand.
Revelations states how the woman (Church) will be hidden in the wilderness. It's NOT a place but a thing. What fit that desription are the 144,000 first born males, who never lie and who have never had sexual relations - 12,000 from each Tribe of the House of Israel, except for Dan, who is excluded.
These 144,000 members of the Elect make up the one and only TRUE Church of Jesus Christ. THIS is the woman who will be hidden. THIS is the Church that is special to God. They will be hidden in plain sight because only God knows who they are.
Far too many Christians have been taught that just because they believe in Jesus Christ that they are part of this "woman" - this Church. They're not.
Every other Christian will have to live and, probably die, during the Tribulation. There won't be any Rapture. There won't be any physical escape, regardless of what you have been taught.
You will then have to prove your worthiness of whether you are going to be "saved" or not - because, contrary to what you may have been taught, no one is saved until God decides your worthiness or lack of worthiness upon entering Heaven. If you live long enough to see the Tribulation, your test will come then.

I'm Sorry if I'm not one of those people who preaches nothing but peaches and cream. Sometimes people need a little vinegar in their lives, whether they want to hear it or not.

Pray that you will be able to recognize the antichrist and the false prophet when they arrive on the scene.
Pray that you will remain loyal to Jesus Christ, when far too many people around you are cursing Him.
Pray that you will be able to meet your death with dignity.

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Luk 21:36 "Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."