A Permanent Rebirth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 11:25-26 KJV
25) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26) And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Is this true? That when you believe in Jesus, you will never die?

John 5:24 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Is this passage true? That you who are risen with Christ are hidden with Him in God, and that you will appear with Him?

Colossians 3:1-4 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Are we now actually alive in the celestial realm?

2 Corinthians 5:1 KJV
For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Ephesians 2:4-7 KJV
4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)
6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Another . . .

Philippians 3:20-21 LITV
20) For our citizenship is in Heaven, from where we also wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
21) who will transform our body of humiliation, for it to be conformed to His body of glory, according to the working of Him to be able even to subject all things under Himself.

If this verse is true, this means that if you have heavenly citizenship now, you are waiting for Jesus to come, and He will transform your body to be like His.

Can you truly count on that? If you believe these words, you will.

All of these are some of God's promise to you, His child. If you are born from God, that will never change, you will never be “unborn” from God.

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Again, if you are a child of God now, you are completely assured in this passage that when you see Jesus, it won't be to be judged at the Great White Throne being tossed into the lake of fire.

When you see Him, you WILL be like Him, seeing Him as He is.

Two things I'd like to emphasize about this. One is, seeing Him as He is makes us become like Him. If we are not seeing Him as He is now, what then?

If I see Him as someone Who may or may not always be there for me, that I can screw up so badly that it will cost me my life with God, I'll think and act accordingly.

If I see Him as someone who has me safe in His hand, right where He wants me, and He's never letting me go, If I see Him as someone who has fully brought me into His family, His kingdom, forever,

If I see Him as someone Who, when I see Him, I will be like Him, I purify myself, even as He is pure.

Isn't that what we want? To know we are safe in His hand? To know that we will live with Him forever? To live a life in purity now? The truth is in these passages. Nothing in Scripture contradicts these truths. We can believe the Words we read.

This thread is about the teaching of Scripture regarding rebirth, that it is a permanent change of who we are and to Whom we belong. Posts should be on this narrowly defined topic only. Play nice.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This thread is about the teaching of Scripture regarding rebirth, that it is a permanent change of who we are and to Whom we belong.
The Bible calls rebirth "regeneration"*. And regeneration makes a lost sinner into a child of God supernaturally by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Strong's Concordance
paliggenesia: regeneration, renewal
Original Word: παλιγγενεσία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: paliggenesia
Phonetic Spelling: (pal-ing-ghen-es-ee'-ah)
Definition: regeneration, renewal

Usage: a new birth, regeneration, renewal.

The Lord Jesus Christ said that the New Birth is by the power of the Spirit and also by the power of the Gospel (John 3:5). But He called the Gospel (the Word of God) "water" and most Christians do not understand what this "water" is. But Paul explained it thus:
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the Word...(Eph 5:25,26)

Paul said the the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation, so when a sinner obeys the Gospel, he or she receives the gift of the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit regenerates the believer and makes that person a child of God (John 1:12,13).

If everyone understood these fundamental Gospel truths, then no one would claim that Christians can lose their salvation. Just like in natural human birth, no baby can be "unborn", the same applies in the spiritual realm.

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If everyone understood these fundamental Gospel truths, then no one would claim that Christians can lose their salvation. Just like in natural human birth, no baby can be "unborn", the same applies in the spiritual realm.

Perfect.

= You can't be "unborn again".

Salvation is a spiritual birth.
Its done.

Our Salvation was COMPLETED by Christ, 2000 yrs ago.
We dont do it......we RECEIVE IT..........as "The Gift of Salvation".

"but what about that verse that says to "work out your Salvation".

Yes..>"work it out".

"IT".

What is "IT"?

Reader.....

= The Salvation you have received ., is the "IT" you have to "work out".
How do you work it out?
= You learn to understand that you are "made righteous', "in Christ"....."One with God"...."in The Kingdom of God"... "seated in Heavenly Places"......"having eternal life"......because you have become a 'new Creation in Christ", having become "THE righteousness of God in Christ".

See all that, Reader?

When you can say...>"oh i know im all that".........vs".....>"im still trying to stay saved by confessing my sin".....then you have worked out some of your Salvation, as to work it out, is to learn to exist in it in the renewed mind of REAL FAITH.

And there is more to understand, that is to "work it out"., regarding who you have become "in Christ".

You have to learn you are this..

"Heir of God"
"Joint Heir with Jesus"
"Temple of the Holy Spirit"
"As Jesus is, so are the born again... in this WORLD"

So, to go from......>"im a saved sinner, confessing my sin....to, all that knowledge i just showed you, is to go from the carnal mind to the renewed mind.

Working our your Salvation, is to come into the completed revelation knowledge regarding who you have become, "in Christ", and its a LOT.

And when you get there,.....you are become this....>"as many as be perfect".

= Perfect understanding of what it means to have become a "New Creation in Christ".

And when you reach that Level of revelation Knowledge as your renewed mind, then your mind is now the "mind of Christ".

And That is how you "walk in the Spirit".
You have to get THERE, in your FAITH and revelation knowledge.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice