A Profane Thing!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
once upon a time

You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you.
"By the abundance of your trading You became filled with violence within, And you sinned; Therefore I cast you as a profane thing Out of the mountain of God; And I destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the fiery stones.
"Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; You corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor; I cast you to the ground, I laid you before kings, That they might gaze at you.
Ezek 28:14-17 (NKJV)

A Profane Thing!
Picture1.jpg

Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, To the lowest depths of the Pit.
"Those who see you will gaze at you, And consider you, saying: 'Is this the man (Satan) who made the earth tremble, Who shook kingdoms, Who made the world a wilderness And destroyed its cities, Who did not open the house of his prisoners?'
Isaiah 14:14-17 (NKJV)

Ezek 28:2-26 "Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre, 'Thus says the Lord God: "Because your heart is lifted up, And you say, 'I am a god, I sit in the seat of gods, In the midst of the seas,' Yet you are a man, and not a god, Though you set your heart as the heart of a god

Picture2.jpg

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously, this is addressed to the King of Tyre, a "man." However, many Christians see in this a parallel that may have applied to Satan in the time he wandered off course as an archangel.