A Prophetic Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right now I'm not questioning THEIR "fruit", but YOUR "fruit". So if you really are an SME (Subject Matter Expert), then answering a few questions should be WELCOMED by Every Teacher of TRUTH. But as of now, it appears you're DODGING any personal VALIDATION, which is what FALSE TEACHERS do.

So which are YOU?
Bobby Jo
I am a born again Christian, saved by the Grace of God, who was raised up in Pentecostal church and trained to be a teaching Elder, and now thankfully am a reformed Baptist, who does know the good and mostly bad within modern day Charismatic movement!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a born again Christian ...

Ummmmmm, I'm not questioning your FAITH, I'm merely questioning your expertise. You council us to not fall prey to "False Prophets", but what do you know about "Prophets"? Certainly the commentator LIE about the Biblical Prophets and their Prophecies, so unless we have a better understanding whether YOU know what you're talking about perhaps we should not fall prey to YOU.

For example, do you agree that the Rev. 17 Seven Mountains represent ROME? The JW's and the Mormons present the Daniel 7 "Fourth Beast" as a Triceratops and Crocodile respectively; -- which/what is actually the TRUE "appearance??

And maybe a few more ...
Bobby Jo

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
except he has been doing this since 1906 big time!

Actually, in 1906 it was nearly all genuine. By the 1950's, however, things were starting to go south. Now we have a real mess on our hands, but it is not prophesied to stay that way forever.
that was already recorded down to us in the scriptures though

Well, yes. But the problem is, faith in things like the reality of Hell has seriously eroded over the last 5 decades especially, and we now have a fairly high percentage of pastors and preachers who won't even preach on it for fear of what others might think. Even those who believe in it rarely preach much about it.

This is why the Spirit Himself is forced to. Since few preachers preach on it, the Spirit Himself is making sure the churches are reminded of the truth.
https://www.sermonaudio.com/viewtranscript.asp?sermonid=712141710156

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, in 1906 it was nearly all genuine. By the 1950's, however, things were starting to go south. Now we have a real mess on our hands, but it is not prophesied to stay that way forever.

Well, yes. But the problem is, faith in things like the reality of Hell has seriously eroded over the last 5 decades especially, and we now have a fairly high percentage of pastors and preachers who won't even preach on it for fear of what others might think. Even those who believe in it rarely preach much about it.

This is why the Spirit Himself is forced to. Since few preachers preach on it, the Spirit Himself is making sure the churches are reminded of the truth.
https://www.sermonaudio.com/viewtranscript.asp?sermonid=712141710156
Study the 1906 Azusa event, as there was stuff going on there that seems more akin to Voodoo and satan then in Acts!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmm, I'm not questioning your FAITH, I'm merely questioning your expertise. You council us to not fall prey to "False Prophets", but what do you know about "Prophets"? Certainly the commentator LIE about the Biblical Prophets and their Prophecies, so unless we have a better understanding whether YOU know what you're talking about perhaps we should not fall prey to YOU.

For example, do you agree that the Rev. 17 Seven Mountains represent ROME? The JW's and the Mormons present the Daniel 7 "Fourth Beast" as a Triceratops and Crocodile respectively; -- which/what is actually the TRUE "appearance??

And maybe a few more ...
Bobby Jo
Lets focus on seeking to see what the Lord meant by those gifts, and if they exist still or not even today!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets focus on ...

... ignoring people who profess an opinion without any proficiency, and duck and dodge any accountability while DEMANDING ABSOLUTE ACCOUNTABILITY from OTHERS.

-- I'm trying to think of that "h" word, -- but it's not coming to me ...
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Study the 1906 Azusa event, as there was stuff going on there that seems more akin to Voodoo and satan then in Acts!

I think you may be getting your information from the same sources Enoch was on another thread, LoL.

But I own several books on it, so no need to worry.

God bless.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi, YeshuaFan1, that's not what I've read about this revival. From documented accounts, there were a lot of amazing miracles.... But I don't want to pounce on you. It appears that you're getting enough pouncing. Just know that when the Holy Spirit is working in mighty ways, the devil can be right there trying to derail the good that God is doing.

Also, i see that you went from Pentecostal to reformed Baptist. I went from Baptist (although I never bought into cessationism) to charismatic.... I have seen the gifts of the Spirit operate legitimately, but I understand that there is counterfeit out there. I think it's important not to throw out the baby with the bathwater, so to speak.

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... ignoring people who profess an opinion without any proficiency, and duck and dodge any accountability while DEMANDING ABSOLUTE ACCOUNTABILITY from OTHERS.

-- I'm trying to think of that "h" word, -- but it's not coming to me ...
Bobby Jo
Are we not commanded by the Lord to judge all doctrines and practices by scriptures?

Reactions: marks

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AGAIN, -- if you understood Bible Prophecy, you'd be better able to discern "Body" Prophecy. But you don't, so you can't -- AND WON'T.

Bobby Jo
I know that the office of a prophet is not the same asthe gift of prophecy!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, YeshuaFan1, that's not what I've read about this revival. From documented accounts, there were a lot of amazing miracles.... But I don't want to pounce on you. It appears that you're getting enough pouncing. Just know that when the Holy Spirit is working in mighty ways, the devil can be right there trying to derail the good that God is doing.

Also, i see that you went from Pentecostal to reformed Baptist. I went from Baptist (although I never bought into cessationism) to charismatic.... I have seen the gifts of the Spirit operate legitimately, but I understand that there is counterfeit out there. I think it's important not to throw out the baby with the bathwater, so to speak.
I am saying that most of the theology in word of faith and so called dominion circles is cultist and not of God, but not all in charismatic churches are bad!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we not commanded by the Lord to judge all doctrines and practices by scriptures?

Ducking, dodging, weaving. We're told:

2 Tmothy 4:2 preach the word, be urgent in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, be unfailing in patience and in teaching.

But not all obey. And YOU my dear friend have INSUFFICIENT Scriptural Foundation to judge Body Prophecy because you don't the Biblical Prophecy FOUNDATION

Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saying that most of the theology in word of faith and so called dominion circles is cultist and not of God, but not all in charismatic churches are bad!
Okay, I wasn’t talking about Word of Faith or Dominion theology. I’m not in either of these camps.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ducking, dodging, weaving. We're told:

2 Tmothy 4:2 preach the word, be urgent in season and out of season, convince, rebuke, and exhort, be unfailing in patience and in teaching.

But not all obey. And YOU my dear friend have INSUFFICIENT Scriptural Foundation to judge Body Prophecy because you don't the Biblical Prophecy FOUNDATION

Bobby Jo
The foundation of ALL theology and doctrine are the inspired word of the Lord in the scriptures, not what the flavor of the month would be prophet declares today!

Reactions: marks

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I wasn’t talking about Word of Faith or Dominion theology. I’m not in either of these camps.
I was a teaching Elder ib the AOG for 10 years, before becoming a Calvinist Baptist, so much of the stuff i am against among charismatics would be in those areas!