A Prophetic Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spoken like a true cessationist. You guys have no idea what you’re missing. I pray that you will find out. :)
I'm not a cessationist, but I look for accuracy in prophecy.

The modern prophets who tell us what might happen have never impressed me.

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For what reasons against them?

"Apostolic" Governance and Dominionism. Guillermo Maldonado is one such so-called "apostle," and he is nothing of the sort. I know for a fact that he teaches Dominionism because I have a Hispanic pastor friend who followed him for several years, and the doctrine is so heretical as to take virtually all Biblical prophecy and summarily throw it in the trash can. I couldn't be more opposed to it.

Btw, Rick Joyner is included in the list in this article, but falsely so, as I was telling Enoch in another thread:
New Apostolic Reformation - Wikipedia

Reactions: marks

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah. It's talking about the Day of vengeance against His enemies (v4). But I think I understand your analogy. He is the vine and we are the branches, and also they shall know a tree by the fruit it produces, with ours being the fruit of the Holy Spirit. But my answer is still that as soldiers in Christ, when we manifest that fruit is when we overcome the works and strategies of the enemy. So yes, the battle is the Lord's, but He wins it through us by manifesting His Spirit to the world, for we are more than conquerors in Him.

I think that's the effect the Spirit is going for, yes. LoL!
I believe He has already redeemed Israel.
Isaiah 63:4 KJV
[4] For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, but it's one of those things where Jewish tradition may have changed on the actual numbers, or that he simply made an error by going on memory rather than looking it up.
The Jews are very careful in copying their texts.
You are assuming some high degree of demonic presence would have rested upon every piece of meat that was sacrificed. They sacrificed animals by the hundreds for the festivals. It would be like thinking everything at your local McDonald's or meat market was possessed of the Devil.

But that's just the point Paul was teaching. For some people, doing so would have bothered their conscience way too much. For me, I would have eaten, and told Beelzebub where he could get off, LoL.
I'd say each animal was cursed when it was killed.

If it was merely a matter of conscience, why did the twelve apostles think it was a big deal? They didn't insist on Gentiles keeping the sabbath.

You also probably do not believe the Bread of Communion has been changed spiritually.

Acts and Galatians contradict each other so I don't know what to believe there. Acts presents Paul as being converted, then going directly to Jerusalem after leaving Damascus. He gets introduced to the apostles who say they approve of him. That story makes Paul's role in the church something Peter and the others agreed to. Paul in Galatians says that wasn't how it happened. He says Jesus made him what he was and that he went to Arabia for three years before he met the apostles in Jerusalem. That's the background for another story in Acts which portrays Paul as being "subservient" to the twelve.

Acts 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.
24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

That has the apostles sending Paul out on a mission. It has Paul admitting he's unable to determine things on his own but consulting the twelve. It also has the twelve exercising authority over Gentiles, something Paul seems to deny later saying he was had apostolic authority over Gentiles, etc. while the twelve did not.

Now if that version is right, then Paul wanted the twelve apostles to make a ruling to settle the matter of Mosaic laws. Can we believe that Paul then later sowed the seeds of dissent by disagreeing openly with what the twelve wrote in the letters?

What was the argument over Mark about? And can we believe all these people were filled by the Holy Spirit yet couldn't work things out peacefully?

36 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do.
37 And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark.
38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.
39 And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;
40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.

The story about Paul being at the stoning of Stephen? I find it hard to believe too. I think maybe someone added it to make Paul look bad. There are too many inconsistencies in that story.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If it was merely a matter of conscience, why did the twelve apostles think it was a big deal? They didn't insist on Gentiles keeping the sabbath.

You also probably do not believe the Bread of Communion has been changed spiritually.

Acts and Galatians contradict each other so I don't know what to believe there. Acts presents Paul as being converted, then going directly to Jerusalem after leaving Damascus. He gets introduced to the apostles who say they approve of him. That story makes Paul's role in the church something Peter and the others agreed to. Paul in Galatians says that wasn't how it happened. He says Jesus made him what he was and that he went to Arabia for three years before he met the apostles in Jerusalem. That's the background for another story in Acts which portrays Paul as being "subservient" to the twelve.

Acts 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.
24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

That has the apostles sending Paul out on a mission. It has Paul admitting he's unable to determine things on his own but consulting the twelve. It also has the twelve exercising authority over Gentiles, something Paul seems to deny later saying he was had apostolic authority over Gentiles, etc. while the twelve did not.

Now if that version is right, then Paul wanted the twelve apostles to make a ruling to settle the matter of Mosaic laws. Can we believe that Paul then later sowed the seeds of dissent by disagreeing openly with what the twelve wrote in the letters?

What was the argument over Mark about? And can we believe all these people were filled by the Holy Spirit yet couldn't work things out peacefully?

36 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do.
38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.
39 And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus;
40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.

The story about Paul being at the stoning of Stephen? I find it hard to believe too. I think maybe someone added it to make Paul look bad. There are too many inconsistencies in that story.
Wow you’ve really considered this carefully. I’m afraid my attention to detail isn’t near what yours is.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And, good job He’s an rewarder of the diligent.

Last edited:

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Apostolic" Governance and Dominionism. Guillermo Maldonado is one such so-called "apostle," and he is nothing of the sort. I know for a fact that he teaches Dominionism because I have a Hispanic pastor friend who followed him for several years, and the doctrine is so heretical as to take virtually all Biblical prophecy and summarily throw it in the trash can. I couldn't be more opposed to it.

Btw, Rick Joyner is included in the list in this article, but falsely so, as I was telling Enoch in another thread:
New Apostolic Reformation - Wikipedia
Basically , the NAR is just the latter dat Rain Heresy/Kingdom Now heresies relabeled!

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Basically , the NAR is just the latter dat Rain Heresy/Kingdom Now heresies relabeled!
I think those grew into it, although there also remains those who are still looking for a Latter Rain, though not as part of the NAR.

Much love!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think someone was saying a prophet had said Joe Biden would suffer a stroke before the election. I forget who, it's one of these threads!

Much love!
Uh, it might be Trump we should be worried about. He denies having heart problems, but then he says a lot of things.

Trump denies 'mini-strokes' sent him to Walter Reed

President Trump on Tuesday denied that he made an emergency visit to the hospital last year after suffering "a series of mini-strokes" after a new book claimed that Vice President Pence was on standby in the event Trump was incapacitated.

The president's denial raised eyebrows, as the book from New York Times correspondent Michael Schmidt did not specifically state that Trump had suffered from a series of small strokes.

"It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to THIS candidate — FAKE NEWS," Trump tweeted, before insinuating that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden may have dealt with health issues.

His doctor put out a statement saying it ain't so.

The physician to the White House later on Tuesday issued a statement addressing the issue. The physician, Sean Conley, said Trump had asked that he do so.

“President Donald J Trump has asked that I, Dr. Sean Conley, Physician to the President, address the recent public comments regarding his health. I can confirm that President Trump has not experienced nor been evaluated for a cerebrovascular accident (stroke), transient ischemic attack (mini stroke), or any acute cardiovascular emergencies, as have been incorrectly reported in the media.

A video from July when he visited North Carolina gives some credence to the theory he may have had mini-strokes. Notice the limp right arm and how he drags his right foot. Something looks wrong to me, no matter what his physician says.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who has ever made real predictions?
I think someone was saying a prophet had said Joe Biden would suffer a stroke before the election. I forget who, it's one of these threads!

Much love!

If you guys are referring to prophecies that are inalterable, they are rare. The one about Biden suffering a stroke is not. He makes it clear in the video from the start. I believe GTW27 just made one a few days ago that Trump will be elected. I admire his boldness, but I have to say I am suspicious, and will wait to see if he is as authoritative as he says he is.

I've prophesied numerous things through dream interpretation, but the only one I can remember that I would label as unalterable to date would be the following, and that's simply because I know what scripture itself says on the matter (Revelation 17 and 18):
Satanism In The Vatican

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think those grew into it, although there also remains those who are still looking for a Latter Rain, though not as part of the NAR.

Much love!
Supreme irony that its in Pentecostal and Charismatic circles so much aberrant heresy theology, so much sexual and money escapades, and yet they keep claiming "fullness of the Holy Ghost"

Reactions: Giuliano

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Supreme irony that its in Pentecostal and Charismatic circles so much aberrant heresy theology, so much sexual and money escapades, and yet they keep claiming "fullness of the Holy Ghost"
I'm not really into bashing anyone . . . something about glass houses I once heard . . .

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's a general principle that the false precedes the true. The reason is because Satan knows what is coming, so he often attempts to preempt it by presenting perverse versions in advance, so that when the real thing arrives it will be rejected.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed. This is why the idea that prophets and/or those who give prophetic utterance are no longer needed is so dangerous and uninformed. It leaves the entire church from now until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ incapable of receiving warnings from the Holy Spirit. Their best hope is some sort of personal inkling things may be going down a Hell hole soon, LoL.

"This is why the idea that prophets and/or those who give prophetic utterance are no longer needed is so dangerous and uninformed."

Agreed, they were placed in the church for a reason.
Do you see today's prophets warning Christians from what has already been given us as far as Jesus final revelation? Or more of a sounding board to repent, wake up? I've not studied or read a lot on the prophets after John the baptist. But, I do see a need for them in AND outside of the Church. We Christians should not be surprised at what is and has been coming upon us...In the church to wake up those "asleep in the light" (Keith Green lyric :D )
There are so very many self proclaimed prophets out there today (as, we knew would be) it is difficult to just believe what anyone say's. The only way I have ever known about "testing the prophets" is if what they say does not come to pass. And, what of all of the many scriptures warning us of the false prophets out there today?
Please HIH, do not think that I am calling you a false prophet, or anyone else on here, not at all my intention. I am not stiff-necked, and want always to be open to His wonders, to His understanding to break through, bit by bit. :)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole kingdom of Ninevah was spared because they heeded the warning from God spoken through the prophet Jonah!

Oh if only all Nations would repent! And yeah, poor cowardly Jonah, lol. Saw a play on him a few years back, it was right on and also had good humor!
All Nations need prayer...especially the Western ones.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please HIH, do not think that I am calling you a false prophet, or anyone else on here, not at all my intention. I am not stiff-necked, and want always to be open to His wonders, to His understanding to break through, bit by bit. :)

Feel free, LoL!

I think I've only had a few people call me that directly, although I've had it insinuated several times. After awhile you just get used to it. :) Besides, I don't identify as one anyway. So far as I understand it, not everyone who prophesies holds the office of prophet anyway (1 Corinthians 14:31).
Do you see today's prophets warning Christians from what has already been given us as far as Jesus final revelation? Or more of a sounding board to repent, wake up? I've not studied or read a lot on the prophets after John the baptist. But, I do see a need for them in AND outside of the Church. We Christians should not be surprised at what is and has been coming upon us...In the church to wake up those "asleep in the light" (Keith Green lyric :D )
There are so very many self proclaimed prophets out there today (as, we knew would be) it is difficult to just believe what anyone say's. The only way I have ever known about "testing the prophets" is if what they say does not come to pass. And, what of all of the many scriptures warning us of the false prophets out there today?

The primary messages being communicated to the church, i.e. "what the Spirit is saying to the churches" in our time, are as follows:

1. The reality of Hell, and warnings against superficial Christianity
2. The coming judgment upon the false church
3. The coming rise of the army of God, in great works of power
4. Incredible darkness descending upon the world, and incredible light arising within the church.
5. The coming persecution and martyrdom of the saints.

Number 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all still ahead of us, so any talk of "the final revelation" (if by that you mean His return as mentioned in the apocalypse) is still way premature. We still have a good ways to go yet.

Not sure if that answered your question or not, but hey. What can you expect from a false prophet, LoL.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe He has already redeemed Israel.
Isaiah 63:4 KJV
[4] For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.

Regarding eschatology, are you a futurist? The last several Chapters of Isaiah are Messianic, and refer to the literal kingdom of God becoming a reality on earth and being established in the land of Israel.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding eschatology, are you a futurist? The last several Chapters of Isaiah are Messianic, and refer to the literal kingdom of God becoming a reality on earth and being established in the land of Israel.
No, I wouldn’t consider myself a futurist. I believe Israel has been redeemed. I don’t look for a rebuilt physical temple or individual called Antichrist.