A Prophetic Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Prophetic Word
^ OP

In anutshell-
If you Are IN Christ. And an American...
* Pray for the deception to come out of Americans.
* Pray for the American Nation to be Healed.
* Pray for Authorized American Servants to be Righteous according to Gods Righteousness.

Glory to God,
Taken
And pray for unity and answer the call to repent.:)

Reactions: Bobby Jo and Taken

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

But Jesus said:

Matthew 23:21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.

Context. God's Presence at times "dwelt" or was present within the temple on earth through the Holy Spirit, but the permanent dwelling place of the Father is in Heaven, as Steven witnessed in the vision (Acts 7:55-56).

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it seems that what I have read of the prophets of old that, they were rarely welcome, and some even killed! Carnal folk don't want to hear "bad" news, don't want anybody to rain on their parade.
Funny, as it was probably the best and most important news they could receive - yet another chance from God Himself! They could not see that His warning was in actuality another chance to repent. How many of us have not heeded His warnings in the past? Complacency is rampant, then and now :(

Yes indeed. This is why the idea that prophets and/or those who give prophetic utterance are no longer needed is so dangerous and uninformed. It leaves the entire church from now until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ incapable of receiving warnings from the Holy Spirit. Their best hope is some sort of personal inkling things may be going down a Hell hole soon, LoL.

Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s most likely what it is, in my carnality I believe the battle belongs to God.
Who knows maybe I will one day have vultures vomiting on me and demons pissing on me as I throw spears at them and arrows, and I almost forgot my sword to anchor me so everyone can see MY GLORY.

LoL!
At least I can tell you have read it now. :) I wish I could say the same thing for half the stuff I post for Enoch.

P.S. The battle is indeed the Lord's, but we are His soldiers doing the fighting in it.

God bless!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed. This is why the idea that prophets and/or those who give prophetic utterance are no longer needed is so dangerous and uninformed. It leaves the entire church from now until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ incapable of receiving warnings from the Holy Spirit. Their best hope is some sort of personal inkling things may be going down a Hell hole soon, LoL.
God has already given to us all of the prophetic word needed in the Bible, and those with gift to prophesy to me would be given insight to apply scriptures into current situations!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... those who give prophetic utterance are no longer needed ...

1 Cor. 14:29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh what is said.

Do prefer a Sharpie®, an Exacto Knife®, or just tear the whole page out?
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FollowHim

A fool despises Scripture:

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

And as posted previously:
... if a CLOAK is VALUABLE because it keeps us warm at night, provides shade in the heat of the day, and can even keep us from being soaked in the rain, -- and we're told to sell it and buy a Sword --, then how MUCH MORE IMPORTANT is the Sword?!?

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo, come on, man. If you want to buy a sword, and a purse, and a bag, and an arsenal, and camp out sitting on your porch waiting for the end to come in 14 months, have at it. Nobody's stopping you. But I have work to do, and I have the next 25-30 years of my life to live out and fulfill my calling.

If you think I'm not sufficiently protected, just check back at this forum 25 years from now. Unless He's using me elsewhere by then, I'll still be here.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL!
At least I can tell you have read it now. :) I wish I could say the same thing for half the stuff I post for Enoch.

P.S. The battle is indeed the Lord's, but we are His soldiers doing the fighting in it.

God bless!
You’ll have to reconcile Isaiah 63

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo, come on, man. If you want to buy a sword, and a purse, and a bag, and an arsenal, and camp out sitting on your porch waiting for the end to come in 14 months, have at it. Nobody's stopping you. But I have work to do, and I have the next 25-30 years of my life to live out and fulfill my calling.

If you think I'm not sufficiently protected, just check back at this forum 25 years from now. Unless He's using me elsewhere by then, I'll still be here.
Hey, maybe he can find a skirt to match his purse.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has already given to us all of the prophetic word needed in the Bible, and those with gift to prophesy to me would be given insight to apply scriptures into current situations!

Hello, YeshuaFan.

I know this would be the general response from Cessationists, but that is precisely what I was referring to as "inklings." Satan attacks believers in very specific ways with very specific strategies. The way battles are often won is by advanced information on what the enemy is doing; i.e. enemy placement, capabilities and tactics. Going in just "knowing scriptures" is like going in on a wing and a prayer, but not having the slightest bit of a game plan specifically lined upon for what you will be coming against.

Take a good look at the sports world, particularly something like American football, or Basketball, or MMA. That approach will get you destroyed, and it will do the same thing for many well-meaning but uninformed Christians during the end-times.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That passage is about the wine press. I'm not sure how it even relates to the discussion. Ask me more specifically what you are saying.
Well the way I understand it Jesus is the vine and the fruit produced thereof is grapes.
And where vulchers are concerned I don’t like them if they start puking on me,,,, better step back because there’s about to be a fight like I’m the third monkey waiting to get on the ark and it’s starting to rain.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the way I understand it Jesus is the vine and the fruit produced thereof is grapes.

Nah. It's talking about the Day of vengeance against His enemies (v4). But I think I understand your analogy. He is the vine and we are the branches, and also they shall know a tree by the fruit it produces, with ours being the fruit of the Holy Spirit. But my answer is still that as soldiers in Christ, when we manifest that fruit is when we overcome the works and strategies of the enemy. So yes, the battle is the Lord's, but He wins it through us by manifesting His Spirit to the world, for we are more than conquerors in Him.
And where vulchers are concerned I don’t like them if they start puking on me,,,, better step back because there’s about to be a fight like I’m the third monkey waiting to get on the ark and it’s starting to rain.

I think that's the effect the Spirit is going for, yes. LoL!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... If you want to buy a sword, and a purse, and a bag ...
You confuse a DECISION versus an INSTRUCTION. -- And this is the LAST INSTRUCTION Jesus gave before going to the Garden of Gethsemane.

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Bobby Jo

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You confuse a DECISION versus an INSTRUCTION. -- And this is the LAST INSTRUCTION Jesus gave before going to the Garden of Gethsemane.

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo, I am not against other believers arming themselves. I have no problems with it. But I have never in my life felt the need. If anything, I've always felt it would be a little dangerous for me to be armed for reasons I won't go into. But the above command was given specifically to the disciples before the crucifixion. If it had been something they were supposed to walk in their entire lives, He would have commanded them to do so from the beginning, but the verse states very clearly that He did not, nor is this command found anywhere else in the New Testament or in extra-Biblical texts of the early church era. It was a specific command for a very specific set of circumstances.

Again, if you think those circumstances apply now, arm yourself to the teeth. It's a 2nd Amendment right. But if you are worried about me, don't be.

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor. 14:29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh what is said.

Do prefer a Sharpie®, an Exacto Knife®, or just tear the whole page out?
Bobby Jo
refers to those who had a prophecy from the Holy Spirit, but not that they were in the office of a prophet!
Could there prophecies still even today for local churches, maybe, but no Modern day prophets or Apostles!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, YeshuaFan.

I know this would be the general response from Cessationists, but that is precisely what I was referring to as "inklings." Satan attacks believers in very specific ways with very specific strategies. The way battles are often won is by advanced information on what the enemy is doing; i.e. enemy placement, capabilities and tactics. Going in just "knowing scriptures" is like going in on a wing and a prayer, but not having the slightest bit of a game plan specifically lined upon for what you will be coming against.

Take a good look at the sports world, particularly something like American football, or Basketball, or MMA. That approach will get you destroyed, and it will do the same thing for many well-meaning but uninformed Christians during the end-times.
The Holy Spirit does and can use the scriptures to lead, direct, and guide us, and he is still as effective today as back then, regardless of any additional prophecies, correct?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit does and can use the scriptures to lead, direct, and guide us, and he is still as effective today as back then, regardless of any additional prophecies, correct?

No. There is a difference between instruction in the word and revelation revealed through prophecy. They are two different things entirely, and always have been.

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. There is a difference between instruction in the word and revelation revealed through prophecy. They are two different things entirely, and always have been.
There are no additional revelations to us from God apart from the scriptures!