A Prophetic Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no additional revelations to us from God apart from the scriptures!

I am speaking of revelations given in light of prophetic utterance, as per 1 Corinthians 14:

29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. 30 If any thing be revealed to another that sits by, let the first hold his peace. 31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. 32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

If you believe prophecy has ceased, what is the exact hour in which it did?

God bless, and hope you are having a great afternoon, btw.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no additional revelations to us from God apart from the scriptures!

Scripture says OTHERWISE in multiple citations: Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers. But if you disagree with ONE, then be consistent and DISAGREE WITH ALL, -- including where you "teach"/"preach" in this Forum ...

... and don't forget to tell your "Pastor" that he/she IS NO LONGER RELEVANT! :)
Bobby Jo

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am speaking of revelations given in light of prophetic utterance, as per 1 Corinthians 14:

29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. 30 If any thing be revealed to another that sits by, let the first hold his peace. 31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. 32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

There are no direct revelations from God any more in the sense was bible worthy!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps if you replaced your "I", with "GOD" then you might be better advised.

... and Please read verse 35 in context with 36.
Bobby Jo

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

I did.

What does it matter to you, Bobby Jo, if I have no need to arm myself? Why is that throwing your world out of whack? Have I not already stated that I have no problems with you doing so?

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I beleive that while might be prophesying to a local assembly still, no prophet as office to entire Church still exists!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no direct revelations from God any more in the sense was bible worthy!

Dear sir, I have heard these arguments dozens of times over. I don't need personal prophecy about something going on in a believer's life to be "Bible worthy," and thus included in the official cannon. If we did that the Library of Congress couldn't contain "the Bible," and no one could afford to own their own copy.

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says OTHERWISE in multiple citations: Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers. But if you disagree with ONE, then be consistent and DISAGREE WITH ALL, -- including where you "teach"/"preach" in this Forum ...

... and don't forget to tell your "Pastor" that he/she IS NO LONGER RELEVANT! :)
Bobby Jo
Apostles and prophets on the foundation of theology built upon Jesus, and they ceased as being in the Church, as now have their theology in the scriptures!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear sir, I have heard these arguments dozens of times over. I don't need personal prophecy about something going on in a believer's life to be "Bible worthy," and thus included in the official cannon. If we did that the Library of Congress couldn't contain "the Bible," and no one could afford to own their own copy.
Define prophecies, are they encouragements, exhorting, or additional doctrine being revealed today?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD?!? -- Possibly your welfare?

hqdefault.jpg

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If an OT Prophet spoke to ~"David", did it necessarily apply to THE ENTIRE KINGDOM?
Secondly, you presume to constrict GOD? -- REALLY?

Bobby Jo
There are no Prophets and Apostles in the biblical sense today, but gift of prophesy might still be operating today!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Define prophecies, are they encouragements, exhorting, or additional doctrine being revealed today?

Revelation. It includes encouragements, exhortations, warnings, admonitions... not additional doctrine. I believe the latter idea stems from the false assumption that "prophecy" is simply speaking the word of God to someone. With that you have one error compounding an additional one.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Vision of Donald Trump

Two months ago I had an encounter with Jesus regarding Donald Trump's Presidential season, but the Lord was specific with me in not releasing this till after Donald Trump was elected.

So today I am releasing this encounter. My heart in releasing this encounter is to encourage you to continue to pray for Trump and your nation. Whether you see today as a day of victory or mourning, we, as God's People across the world, must continue to follow the instruction given to us in 1 Timothy 2:1-2: "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness."

For those of you who are feeling sad, discouraged, confused or fearful I want to encourage you to keep holding onto JESUS! Keep holding onto God. He is good and His heart for the USA is to see her destiny manifested, and healing and restoration come to the land. HE has GOOD PLANS!!!

I want to encourage you with what I felt the Lord say recently:

"My people in the USA, you need to unite, stand and pray more than ever in this brand new day."

In these next few months. you may see great turbulence, uprising and shaking, but continue to stand and pray as there is revival and awakening being ushered in by His Spirit in this brand new day.

In many ways in the next few months, the enemy is going to attempt to divide even more, but the Lord is calling His People to stand together and be vigilant in prayer. Don't lay down your swords now, keep them up high for the breakthrough and the healing of the nation to manifest in power! I had a dream a few days ago where I saw Joel 2:25 written over the nation of the USA in red letters. This is a day of restoration and recompense for the USA!

"I will make Donald Trump like King David, a man after My own heart!!"

The Throne Room Encounter

In this encounter I could see the throne with such clarity, I could feel the atmosphere of the throne room, such peace, hope and expectation of things greater than we could imagine. A hope and peace that defies the natural and the natural mind. There was so much love!!!

As I was standing before the throne, Jesus was standing in front of me. We were looking at each other and I was standing on a long red carpet. Jesus was smiling at me, then He looked past me to the doors behind me which was the entrance to the throne room and He said, "It is time to come in."

I then heard footsteps, someone walking down the red carpet behind me, they walked past me and up to Jesus. I stood there watching as this person stood before the Lord. Jesus bent down and picked up a crown and placed it on this person's head and then placed a royal purple robe over them and Jesus said, "It is time for you to become a King on the earth."

I started weeping so deeply feeling the strategy of Heaven and God's deep heart for this one and the nation. Jesus kept looking at them right in the eyes and He smiled and said, "During your Presidential season I will make you like King David, a man after My own heart."

He then placed His hand on this person's shoulder and said, "I will use you to UNIFY."

The person I saw was Donald Trump!

More than ever right now, I believe we need to be praying for Donald Trump to have deeper encounters with Jesus. I believe we are to pray and agree with the plans God has for him and this nation and that the Spirit of God will make him a man after God's own heart. That he would be crowned with wisdom and heavenly strategy in this season as he leads the nation and a great healing and awakening is ushered in. It's time for victory and triumph in the USA!

Hope is found in Jesus alone, not a man. It isn't about Trump, it's about Jesus and His Kingdom! Has God anointed Trump? Yes I believe He has!

What God has planned is so much bigger than we could imagine (Ephesians 3:20). Now is a time to continue to trust Him even if there are times we don't understand. He is GOOD! Life, breakthrough, resurrection power, restoration and recompense will come as the Church unites in love, unity, honor of one another, mercy and prayer for one cause...to see Jesus glorified and His Kingdom extended in the destiny He has for the USA!

As an Australian who loves and honors you and your nation... I'm with you!

Blessings to all in Christ Jesus! To clarify the words above. I have nothing to do with the words written above. They were written on November 10th 2016 after President Trump was elected President. They were written by the same Lady as the in OP. Truly discernment is needed in The Body of Christ. Perhaps The Gift of discernment of spirits was given to the Body to protect the sheep from the wolves and perhaps the tickling of the ears.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no Prophets and Apostles ...
... so THROW OUT THE REST. They're ALL in same verse so either ALL APPLY, or NONE APPLY. And clearly you're "teaching", so don't be a hypocrite. Practice what you "preach" and STOP PREACHING.

:)
Bobby Jo

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation. It includes encouragements, exhortations, warnings, admonitions... not additional doctrine. I believe the latter idea stems from the false assumption that "prophecy" is simply speaking the word of God to someone. With that you have one error compounding an additional one.
Even Dr Grudem allows for those type of things, its just that many, especially in the so called Modern Apostolic reformation movement see God sending new teachings and revelations thru Apostles and prophets today!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even Dr Grudem allows for those type of things, its just that many, especially in the so called Modern Apostolic reformation movement see God sending new teachings and revelations thru Apostles and prophets today!

I'm very opposed to the NAR, for several reasons.

About Dr. Drundem, I've unfortunately never heard of him, but if you have some quotations I'd be glad to read them.

God bless!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm very opposed to the NAR, for several reasons.

About Dr. Drundem, I've unfortunately never heard of him, but if you have some quotations I'd be glad to read them.

God bless!
For what reasons against them?
Wayne Grudem theology book the standard text in many colleges and seminaries, especially Baptist ones!